• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PokéCommunity Battle Frontier Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
Years
  • im sure it was scarfed,in the round before i outran a ninjask with the aero, heres anouther unfair battle

eli (me) sends in kadabra
    thorton sends in mamoswine

i swithch to pidgeot expecting an EQ
    it uses ice fang pidgeot dies

go electabuzz
    electabuzz uses focus blast mamoswine survives with 1hp
    mamo swine kills with eq

go kadabra
    kadabra kills with psychic

thorton sends in drifblim

kadabra uses shadow ball drifblim takes about half damage
    he kills me with ominous wind

gggrrrr, yesterday i did beat thorton with this amazing scarfed rampardos,also how come thorton gets all the legendaries like heatran and suicune and chompy,hes such a cheat

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    im sure it was scarfed,in the round before i outran a ninjask with the aero, heres anouther unfair battle

eli (me) sends in kadabra
    thorton sends in mamoswine

i swithch to pidgeot expecting an EQ
    it uses ice fang pidgeot dies

go electabuzz
    electabuzz uses focus blast mamoswine survives with 1hp
    mamo swine kills with eq

go kadabra
    kadabra kills with psychic

thorton sends in drifblim

kadabra uses shadow ball drifblim takes about half damage
    he kills me with ominous wind

gggrrrr, yesterday i did beat thorton with this amazing scarfed rampardos,also how come thorton gets all the legendaries like heatran and suicune and chompy,hes such a cheat
    Wouldn't Kadabra be the best to take on Mamoswine instead of Pidgeot and Electabuzz, since they're weak to both of Mamo's STABs?

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
  • I won against Thornton :)

21 Battle. But now I must get the 49 Streak Battle x_x

I would put the log but I forgot all the pokemon he had except for Golem and Slaking

I had Poliwrath, Grovyle, Pidgeot

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • im sure it was scarfed,in the round before i outran a ninjask with the aero, heres anouther unfair battle
    Er... that doesn't prove anything, Aerodactyl still outclasses Ninjask in speed without boosts from either. What moves were on this Aerodactyl, anyway?

Look at the max speed tiers.

PremiumVerumFatum said:
    250 Linoone 2 (Choice Scarf)

234 Porygon-Z 2 (Choice Scarf)

211 Electrode 2 3

200 Aerodactyl 1 2, Crobat 1, Jolteon 1 3

194 Weavile 2 4

192 Electrode 14

189 Alakazam 1 3, Dugtrio 1 3, Sceptile 1 2 4

186 Tyranitar 2 (Choice Scarf)

183 Ambipom 1 2, Floatzel 1 2, Raikou 1 2, Sneasel 2, Starmie 1 2

182 Aerodactyl 3 4, Crobat 2 3 4, Jolteon 4

181 Rampardos 4 (Choice Scarf)

180 Ninjask 2

I showed you all four sets, it doesn't exist, Final.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
  • Er... that doesn't prove anything, Aerodactyl still outclasses Ninjask in speed without boosts from either. What moves were on this Aerodactyl, anyway?

Look at the max speed tiers.

I showed you all four sets, it doesn't exist, Final.

it outran the ninjask after a speed boost
    it had EQ,stone edge,giga impact and i think crunch,it was a long time ago so lets just say that the raikou was on drugs,need evs and item for this metagross

metagross@??????????
    adament
    t-punch
    EQ
    meteor mash
    explosion

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • it outran the ninjask after a speed boost
    it had EQ,stone edge,giga impact and i think crunch,it was a long time ago so lets just say that the raikou was on drugs,need evs and item for this metagross
    *sighs* Your word against the actual fabric and foundation of the frontier's data doesn't work out. :(

There was no glitch, no Raikou was on any drugs, you were given poor IV Pokemon early on because that's how the factory works, and going against the raw data is just, well... Two Raikou sets hit 183 speed, the Aerodactyl with the moves you've described had a speed of 182. (Ninjask is 180) So that's that.

---

Anyway, Final, what's your team? Asking for a set/EVs, etc isn't nearly as effective in a frontier thread, as it matters about your team, especially with Metagross. I'd suggest scarf-trick, as it's the main set of effectiveness for Metagross, but again, it's the mates around it that matter. (PM me if you don't want to publicly release details)

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
  • *sighs* Your word against the actual fabric and foundation of the frontier's data doesn't work out. :(

There was no glitch, no Raikou was on any drugs, you were given poor IV Pokemon early on because that's how the factory works, and going against the raw data is just, well... Two Raikou sets hit 183 speed, the Aerodactyl with the moves you've described had a speed of 182. (Ninjask is 180) So that's that.

---

Anyway, Final, what's your team? Asking for a set/EVs, etc isn't nearly as effective in a frontier thread, as it matters about your team, especially with Metagross. I'd suggest scarf-trick, as it's the main set of effectiveness for Metagross, but again, it's the mates around it that matter. (PM me if you don't want to publicly release details)

stop arguing it was on drugs
    my team is in my sig

my chompy is a swords dance sweeper and my vaporeon is a wish/toxi staller

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • lol

FinalPaladin, BeachBoy is right. You can't argue you against the data built into the game. So you stop being so stubborn and accept the fact you made a mistake.

Years
  • Battle Tower: Singles
    Record: 76 (As of today. Woot!)

Here's the team I used:

Gengar @ Focus Sash (Aku)
    Nature: Timid
    IVs: 22/21/13/28/1/31
    EVs: 252 SP. ATK/ 252 SPD/ 6 HP
    -Thunderbolt
    -Shadow Ball
    -Destiny Bond ;)
    -Focus Blast

I know.... destiny bond /w focus sash is cheap, but when the battle tower throws things like Brightpowder, Double Team, and 1HKO moves at you, I don't feel bad about it. The strategy is obvious: Focus Sash gives you a "guaranteed" first hit. If I can't 2HKO, then I either switch to one of the sweepers, or use Destiny Bond. Either way, I live to see at least 2 of the opponent's Pokemon.

Garchomp @ Lum Berry (Weapon X)
    Nature: Jolly
    IVs: 28/31/17/27/20/31
    EVs: 252 ATK/ 252 SPD/ 6 HP
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Swords Dance
    -Substitute

Self explanitory: Substitute can be used to scout moves or set up against resisted or status attacks. 1 Swords Dance Outrage is enough to 1HKO most everything, and Lum Berry allows for at least 4 Outrages or to switch into status. Easily the most fearsome pokemon on this team given time to set up. (I'm very proud of this one, by the way. Note the IVs, I went through many an egg to get this one :D)

Scizor @ Life Orb (Bonesaw)
    Nature: Adamant
    IVs: 17/31/19/26/28/28
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 ATK/ 6 DEF
    -X-Scissor
    -Bullet Punch
    -Swords Dance
    -Superpower

Scizor doubles as both a revenge killer and a sweeper. Bullet Punch is awesome and can be used to take out weak pokemon. With all Scizor's resistances, I find plenty of opportunities to get in a Swords Dance or two. Superpower has saved me a lot more than I thought it would. X-Scissor is there simply for STAB; I only use it when I can take a hit because I can't outrun very much without speed EVs.

The synnergy of the team is what does the trick. In total, I have 5 immunities: Normal, Electric, Fighting, Poison, and Ground. In fact, the only two types I don't have a resistance to are Water and Flying, but neither are super-effective, and both are met with Thunderbolt. Obviously, my two big weaknesses are Fire and Ice (kinda poetic, huh?) but guess what? Garchomp and Scizor both have each other's back with respective resistances: Garchomp resists Fire but has 4x Ice weakness, while Scizor resists Ice and has 4x weakness to Fire. The only problem I've had is when I encounter a Pokemon with both Fire and Ice moves (i.e. Blissey). Luckily I cleaned that one up with Superpower, but it was a close one. In general, though, anything that can't be handled by the Garchomp-Scizor combo is met with Destiny Bond.

This is the first time I've made it past battle 48 (no, not 49, I've never gotten to battle Palmer II). Actually, I was showing no signs of stopping; I should have won battle 77, but I accidently hit X-Scissor instead of Bullet Punch at a critical part in the battle, and my whole strategy unraveled like an old shirt! I'm confident I can get 100 wins now, I'm just too tired to make another run for awhile. Really, I'm just happy with my new "Great Ability" ribbons and my gold print for the moment. :D

Oh and if you care, the battle video with Palmer II is 79-75220-49034. It's amazing how well things went considering how much my hands were shaking!

Last edited:
    Years
  • @ final paladin,change garchomp from SDcer to CB chomp or change it to specs lati.maybe that willl help immensely!

Valarauca

I > U for all real values of U
    Years
  • @Gengar Nightmare

Trying using brick break over super power because you don't want to reduce your attack that your spending time boosting, it also breaks those annoying lightscreanes that Battle tower Pokemon generally like to set up, and when you break them you get an attack bonus, so its up to you; Generally not reducing your stats, or reducing them.
    The PokéCommunity Battle Frontier Thread
    Posting Quick Reply - Please Wait

Years
  • @Gengar Nightmare

Trying using brick break over super power because you don't want to reduce your attack that your spending time boosting, it also breaks those annoying lightscreanes that Battle tower Pokemon generally like to set up, and when you break them you get an attack bonus, so its up to you; Generally not reducing your stats, or reducing them.

Thanks for the tip!

What I like about Superpower is not having to set up Swords Dance, but I should probably do some calculations to see if I even need the extra power; brick break may do the same job with life orb taken into account. I need to make sure I can still handle bulky defensive types weak to fighting (i.e. Umbreon and Rhyperior). *Sigh* if only it could learn Drain Punch and Megahorn.... but it's already a beast as is. :D

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
  • nnnooo, just died in the battle tower. my streak was 93, i hate the move attrackt
    any way,hows this for a double battle technique

first send out a drifblim with unburden and a rhyperior with a whight herb
    ok, get drifblim to use skill swap on rhypereior so perior gets unburden,get rhyperior 2 use superpower so he consumes his wight herb,and waallaa you have a super fast rhyperior due to unberden

also wat should i hav on my garchomp,these are the moves
    the moves in bold are staying

outrage
    swords dance
    EQ
    stone edge/dragon claw

i dont like it wen i come acroos a flier and i have to either use stone edgs stinkin accuracy or outrages ability when i cant switch so i wil probably go for dragon claw

Last edited:
    Years
  • nnnooo, just died in the battle tower. my streak was 93, i hate the move attrackt
    any way,hows this for a double battle technique

first send out a drifblim with unburden and a rhyperior with a whight herb
    ok, get drifblim to use skill swap on rhypereior so perior gets unburden,get rhyperior 2 use superpower so he consumes his wight herb,and waallaa you have a super fast rhyperior due to unberden

also wat should i hav on my garchomp,these are the moves
    the moves in bold are staying

outrage
    swords dance
    EQ
    stone edge/dragon claw

i dont like it wen i come acroos a flier and i have to either use stone edgs stinkin accuracy or outrages ability when i cant switch so i wil probably go for dragon claw

Garchomp's movepool is (relatively) shallow, so there's really only two sets that see a lot of use:

*1.)Jolly/Adamant Garchomp @ Life Orb/Lum Berry
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Swords Dance
    -Substitute

or

2.)Jolly/Adamant Garchomp @ Choice Band/ Choice Scarf
    -Outrage/
    -Earthquake
    -Dragon Claw
    -Stone Edge/Fire Fang/Crunch

*Swords Dance/Sub is my personal fav.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
  • Garchomp's movepool is (relatively) shallow, so there's really only two sets that see a lot of use:

*1.)Jolly/Adamant Garchomp @ Life Orb/Lum Berry
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Swords Dance
    -Substitute

or

2.)Jolly/Adamant Garchomp @ Choice Band/ Choice Scarf
    -Outrage/
    -Earthquake
    -Dragon Claw
    -Stone Edge/Fire Fang/Crunch

*Swords Dance/Sub is my personal fav.

thanx,i can never find time to set up a sub so im gonna go with my own set

edit:my set seems good anouf as i just got the gold print at the battle castle,heres how the fight goes

darach sends out gallade (lvl 45,gallade is the ony one with a lowered level)
    (im thinkin i've won)
    i (eli) send in garchomp

garchomp uses swords dance
    gallade uses close combat and gets me down to 68 Hp

garchomp then kills with EQ

darach sends in empoleon
    empoleon also dies from my fatal EQ

he then sends in entie
    i use EQ and it eats its yummy shuca shuca berry
    (im thinkin im gonna have to go to vaporeon as its gonna survive)
    EQ gets critical and the match is over

has anyone got the gold print in the factory

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah, don't ever use stuff like Stone Edge that relies a lot on accuracy, you want to lower hax as much as possible.

@ Gengar: To be honest, Brick Break is usually better in BF because Superpower is meant to OHKO Heatran and Magnezone on the switch. I don't know if it misses out on any KOs, but I always use something like a Trick team so I'm able to get 3 SDs in. ;o

Making it to something around 70, and still going (Battle Tower). \o/

Years
  • for the first time i reach battle 21 after like 1 hour of straigt trying and i lose cause of a crit that if not occured woulda won me the game.I hate battle factory.And i got a 55% chance of winning.
    Anyways trying togekiss in the hall will see how it goes.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
  • for the first time i reach battle 21 after like 1 hour of straigt trying and i lose cause of a crit that if not occured woulda won me the game.I hate battle factory.And i got a 55% chance of winning.
    Anyways trying togekiss in the hall will see how it goes.

i beat thorton when i had a 3% chance, his slakings giga impact missed and my shiftry got a crit on, i think it was energy ball

does scarfed porygon-z work in the hall.
    we should make a battle frontier club

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back