• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PokéCommunity Social Network Society

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Skype, though I really don't use either. But everyone I know uses Skype so I'd kinda have to lump in there :P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Skype seems to be more popular and more usable. Honestly I wish hangouts were more used. I tried using hangouts with my pair and our other friends, and it was absolutely FUN. Like, we can take pictures of each other...without the use of a camera and not having to "be there". It's like we're actually hanging out irl, and that's what I love about it the most.

Best of all, it doesn't clog my CPU, while skype does when I have 10 active IMs. ugh ;;

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Hey, gonna give this a bump. :)

We're beginning to see an increase of social media that involves "snapping selfies or pictures" and sending them to others. This includes the evolution of instagram as well as the newly appeared app called Snapchat. Personally, I only used it once and I didn't find it appealing. I don't see the reason why people are like "yeah I need to snap a pic of myself so I can tell peeps how I'm doing." Does anyone use Snapchat? If you don't, would you try it out just because it's getting popular by the days?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I've never used Snapchat but I've also... never really looked into it. I don't take a lot of pictures though and I think Snapchat is the one where the photos get deleted after a few seconds? That doesn't appeal to me at all. I'd much rather just take lasting photos and post them to twitter. I don't really know anyone else who would bother with something like snapchat either, so it's not like friends could drag me into the craze anyway.

Anyway, I don't think I've posted here before so I should probably post my signup info! (Although admittedly I already follow too many people on twitter/tumblr to do any followbacks from PC. ;_;)

PC Username: Cherrim
    Handles: @Cherrim, Cherrim@tumblr, Cherrim@Last.fm.... ok almost anywhere I have the username Cherrim.
    Reason for joining: I wanna talk about social mediaaaa *u*

Years
    Instagram is and will always be my main "selfie" app :3 I've tried Snapchat, and was never attached to it; actually I found it quite useless because my friends kept sending me random pictures, but I guess that's the point...Regardless, it's not an application that I use now primarily because there's no point considering I don't like taking pictures of everything I see.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I'm not much of a photo taking person. I should start using Instagram again though. I tend to post a lot of random stuff though and don't have many followers either. ;w; If anyone cares since I don't think I posted it, it's AutisticAlice.

One of my real life friends uses Snapchat, but I don't know if I tried it that I'd have any use for it. D:

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I think the "delete pictures after x seconds" is what turns me off of Snapchat, because once people see it, it's gone and it's hard to store it in your minds or take a picture of it with your head. But I don't see the popularity of it though. xD

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
    Years
    Yung Knolwedge
    Handles: Twitter: NerdYes92, Instagram: ThisKidknowledge, Tumblr: ThisKidKnowledge, Google +: Nicole House
    Reason for joining: I once really social on this site but life has gotten in the way. I'm back so I want to get into the swing of things again.
    Do you always post in social sites about your everyday tribulations and going on in the lives of you? Or are you more reserved type that rarely posts about your day? It really just depend. I rarely vent on Facebook anymore I have to many noisy people from my hometown that want to cause drama. I usually try to stay pretty positive on all my social sites. And if I need to vent about what going on in my life I save it for my Tumblr blog. I normally post about everything good that going on in my life or something funny that happen or just a random quotes I fine surfing the web.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Don't you just hate it when the people that start debates on the comment sections are your family members fighting against your friends and vice versa? I had that happen so many times and it's...really embarrassing and awkward ;;.

Years
    On social networks? I'm kind of grateful that my parents have no idea how to use technology other than their televisions so they have no clue as to access them :3 My dad probably knows about them though, but doesn't have the time of day to give a crap XD I've seen some friends who have their family members as friends in Facebook for instance, and I find that awkward, but at the same time charming because it could show that their family is that close-knit. I have my sister on Facebook, but she doesn't do much on it...

Back