• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PokéCommunity Social Network Society

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Do you follow the "in" or what most people tend to do? AKA "Flappy Bird"; "#hashtagnofilter"; etc...

wow iPads with Flappy Bird pre-installed is actually more expensive than iPads without it :/
guess the world has burned :[

ANYWAYS, i do it sometimes and may get a little cray when it comes to hashtags tho :[

Also, in social network news, Did you know that Ellen Degeneres' famous Oscar selfie had become the most retweeted tweet and it had been so retweeted, Twitter crashed? #themoreyouknow

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
>ebay is selling phones/tablets with flappy bird installed

Farnsworth_I_don't_want_to_live_on_this_planet_anymore.jpg

Why not find the app in any file hosting thingy and install it from there? xD

I couldn't watch the Oscars that night, but I did see Ellen's 'super selfie'. Guess it got so widely popular that Twitter couldn't handle it. ALSO remember when Justin Bieber was the #1 worldwide trend on twitter for sooo many months that Twitter banned the topic for a while? They found out that fans were putting Justin Bieber on top just because :P

Salzorrah

Years
Wow Twitter, it took you that long to ban Justin Beiber as a topic? I'm disappoint :c

Anyways, new topic ya'll

Which is your all-time favorite social network?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hmm, I don't really have much of a favorite social network "of all time". I feel that I grew up with all the networks I used. I really do miss the nonsense myspace had, where we had the freedom to add whenever we want to, as well as the ability to customise our profiles using superly basic HTML. Both Facebook and Twitter makes things so easier to communicate, but not to express yourself as much. So, if I were to choose one to call it my favorite of all time, it'd be myspace. xD

Years
Hm, I would say Facebook, but at the current state it's become quite stagnant and boring. The only reason I use it is to communicate with friends whose phone numbers that I don't have otherwise I just text them \: Tumblr I think would be considered my favourite because it allows the freedom of editing everything to my liking; it's basically an outlet for trying out layouts and practicing my HTML/CSS skills. The community there has the weird sense of humour that fits into mine so that's nice as well XD

Years

Tumblr of course! It has everything I need to suit my personality, whether it'd be me squeeing over the cutest faces ever, having a laugh or finding stuff for my avatars/sigs. I also love to share my musical taste there as well, and yeah when I'm not on PC you'll most likely see me posting on Tumblr because it's sorta my second internet home, after PC.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Goodness, I could say a million things about how awesome Tumblr is. <3 Although these days the only time I'm active is during the weekends, when NASCAR is on TV.

Also guys...has anyone noticed a slight change in Facebook's layout? Or is it just me? xD The notifications bar and the search bar switched places.

Years
Goodness, I could say a million things about how awesome Tumblr is. <3 Although these days the only time I'm active is during the weekends, when NASCAR is on TV.

Also guys...has anyone noticed a slight change in Facebook's layout? Or is it just me? xD The notifications bar and the search bar switched places.

Everyone's been complaining about the Facebook changes o.o I'm not entirely sure what everyone's talking about because I don't notice anything XD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
This is what they have now. (also excuse the EXCESSIVE PONYNESS I HAVE ON MY FACEBOOK. There's this app called Ponyhoof that ponyfies your facebook and isn't that cool or what)

Spoiler:

Tumblr does the same thing, but users don't notice the changes until a week or more later. xD

Does anyone get annoyed when a social network makes a change or makes a few changes? Or do you just shrug and move on?

Years
Does anyone get annoyed when a social network makes a change or makes a few changes? Or do you just shrug and move on?

I usually don't mind but some changes just confuse me beyond belief. Took me a while to get used to Twitter's new layout but I've finally adjusted I think. Sometimes they reorganize everything and I just sit dumbfounded in my frustration. @_@; Hard to get used to, aha.

Years
The Facebook changes have been subtle and there's nothing wrong with them so whenever people are complaining about it, I'm just going with the flow~ As long as everything I normally visit can be seen within one click then I'm good. Also, the new layout for Twitter was very welcomed on my end :D Don't use it much, but I like it better than the last one.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
omg when Twitter debuted their new layout. That was confusing as well. You know what confused me the most? The @replies that tie into a thread-like thingy and that always throws me off so much. It makes me thing "hey wait a minute i just sent that three hours ago" and then I find a response that tied into that tweet. Really, twitter... >_>

A long time ago Twitter kinda allowed us to try out the new version before it was defaulted. I don't know why they didn't do that this time. /5yearuser

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
PC Username: Wicked3DS
Handles: Twitter: @salexkearney
Reason for joining: I'd enjoy being able to connect with PC users more directly

What are your favorite social sites?

I mainly use Facebook but I check Twitter all the time and tweet every couple of days. Instagram was cool but it faded on me.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm going to agree with you on instagram. It was a cool fad, but I got pretty bored of it tbh. Now I just use either Twitter or Tumblr to upload/share pictures (sometimes facebook if it's something I want to share with my classmates/family). My little sister's pretty fascinated by it, actually. She just posts pictures all around her. lol

Welcome to the club, btw~

Salzorrah

Years
Haha late but welcome to club guys! :]

New topic ya'll!

Why do you use social networks? Is it because of the wittingly apps, or just to interact with people or etc?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Why do you use social networks? Is it because of the wittingly apps, or just to interact with people or etc?

99% of the time I interact with people, whether via private messaging, or by...anywhere in the comments. Twitter is quicker because you can just send a line to someone and they'll respond whether they are online or on mobile. Facebook is the same thing...but it's more real time because you'll get to know if they are online or not. xD

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years

Pretty much just to stay in the loop with people I don't see all the time. It's a good tool for that.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years

I use them to connect with other people as well as with group members for certain assignments. It is very easy to keep notified about all group happenings with a Facebook group, plus one can post up assignments or edited versions of it. No more inconveniently emailing each other back and forth! As for other people, it's a great way to keep in touch with friends from other countries or those that you have lost touch with.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I used to be big on groups on FB because they can get you close to the group members for any project you might have. For me, now we just use skype for those kinds of things.

Speaking of which: Choose one - Skype or Hangouts? & why?

Years
Choose one - Skype or Hangouts?
Hm, to be honest, I'm not entirely familiar with Google Hangouts so I guess my decision may be slightly biased towards Skype \: In regards to a legitimate reason, I think I like having an actual program on my desktop rather than constantly having to go through Google to access it, unless there's one for it too, correct me if I'm wrong ><

On another note, I logged into Facebook today and found that the layout changed ;-; Everything's too big! There's too much spacing @.@ My OCD is kicking in...

Back