• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokémon Anime Snapshots Contest

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016

The PokéCommunity Get-Together 8's
    The Pokémon Anime Snapshots Contest
    Hosted by Mew~, ♪Twiggy♪ and AshPikastar

Are you a fan of the Pokémon anime? Know a lot of great scenes in parts of the episodes and movies? Well, this is the event for you. Put yourself up to the test and see if you can find some of the best snapshots from the anime and see if you can win yourself something.

H
    ow does it work?

Well, every day throught the course of the get together, we will set a theme everyday. Each competitor must then find an image from the Pokémon anime that fits that theme (obviously following the rules). Then you just post your image inside this thread. The winner of the theme will then be picked my the host's.

R
    ules:
    1. The maximum size we will allow for each snapshot is 550 x 550, any bigger and we will not accept your snapsh

No hotlinking is allowed, if your going to be using a site like google images to find an image, then bounds are, your probably going to use their url, we won't allow this due to most sites ruling off hotlinks, since they bring them traffic. Save the image, and then upload it to a site like imageshack or imgur.

Obviously every image must follow the current theme of the round. This will be based on the host's opinions, so yeah, try to see that it's clear.

No inappropriate images. It's again the Pokécommunity rules, but frankly there aren't many inappropriate scenes in the anime, but just to be careful...

We will not accept any screenshots from banned episodes, if you don't know which episodes are banned, you can take a look at this link here.

Todays theme:

Your Favourite Scene in the Anime

Last edited:

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • Brockandash.png

Brock says goodbye to Ash :)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • jessiechu.jpg

An unlikely friendship. You can say that Jesse has formed an unatural bond to pikachu from her overwhleming obsession to obtain it. However, in B/W its dissapeared.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • May and Dawn, before the Wallace Cup I think. I haven't watched the episode in a while:
    Spoiler:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    E9uog.png

- "A Scare to Remember"

Once Ash and Pikachu got out of the water and Pikachu licked Ash and he woke up and realised he belonged to Ash, not Team Rocket :3

Possibly the saddest Ash-Pikachu episode tbh. :x So yus, definite friendship there.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • dp341.jpg

"A Sandile Gusher of Change"

Their new friendship shows when Iris goes to help save Ash and the Sandile.

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    They all look great everyone, some great scenes.
    DP341.jpg

A Sandile Gusher of Change

Their new friendship shows when Iris goes to help save Ash and the Sandile.
    Sorry Rangy, but you've hotlinked, please try and upload that image to an image host. Otherwise this entry isn't accepted.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I tired to go with something a little different rather than the whole hugging thing (nothing wrong with hugging :P i love hugging).

ashfight.png

Took this image myself. :3 This I think really emphasises Ash's friendship wiht Pikachu - you see him here risking his life and fighting tooth and nail to rescue his buddy from the evil cloning machine (who's in that ball for those of you who are blasphemous and haven't seen Mewtwo Strikes Back - you call yourselves Pokémon fans?). He's literally prepared to die to save Pikachu's life - that's one powerful friendship.

I'm lovin' the images so far ('specially Nica's one). :) Good Luck everyone!

CommanderPigg

Dento used bishie sparkles!
    Years
  • Spoiler:

From "Snow Way Out." Basically, Ash is trying to save his pokemon from freezing to death by putting them in their pokeballs...but his pokemon would rather keep him company and risk death in the name of loyalty. Truly touching scene ;_;

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    2wdvu6a.jpg

Gotta Catch Ya Later!
    It's supposed to have an exclamation mark okay. Anyway, Misty and Brock say goodbye to Ash. I almost cried when I watched this episode, but I didn't :p. However, it was still sad ;__;.

Years
  • rR6ln.png

This image is from the 13th movie showing Zorua and Zoroark reunited and hugging each other.. I actually cried at this point in the movie, because the two were searching for each other and got separated by the evil Kodai..

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Okay guys, it's time for the next theme. The winners of the friendship theme is be discussed by the Hosts.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    teamwork1.png

Classic from The Power of One. Charizard, Bulbasaur and Squirtle pull Ash and Pikachu along a frozen wasteland on a make-shift sled, Lugia in the background ready to defend them against oncoming attacks. On the whole, good teamwork there. ^^

Took this myself.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    ffbm9x.jpg

The Bicker The Better

Ash and May vs Jessie and James
    Ash uses his Corphish while May uses her Skitty and they team up to get Pikachu.

Years
  • 5ipxz.png

This is a snapshot taken by myself from the 3rd movie with Pikachu, Charizard, and Entei all working together to try and break Unown's powerful barrier of psychic energy.

Back