• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Pokémon Contest Craze!

Do you believe that Hoenn's Pokémon Contests should be expanded?

• Yes

Votes: 46 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • *too busy showing off your favorite Pokémon's good side to the Judge*

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
Years
  • The DPPt contest format was enjoyable, but I feel like the RSE one was a lot different, and as a remake, they'll most likely bring contests back in the RSE style. However, it would be great if they added some of the features that DPPt brought to the table.

4D73R

Trainer Cobalt
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    Competitive Pokemon Competition? Who's In?

As we all know, RS had Pokemon Competitions. Some people enjoyed it and some didn't touch it. Do you think if they add Pokemon Competitions do you think they will make it competitive like battling? I think it would be awesome, and I would definitely be joining these competitions. Anyone else on board with these Competitions? I already made a team for it if they bring it back. ._. Skarmory for cool, Castform for Smart, and I'm deciding on my beauty competitor...

Years
  • You mean Pokemon Contests? I wasn't really that interested in them when I played RSE, but I think it would be cool if GameFreak implemented a wifi Contest system in ORAS, so then people could get competitive with them too. That would be interesting to see, since Pokemon moves work differently in contests than they do in battles.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I didn't really like the contests in Hoenn, but I'm still looking forward to them being in these remakes, mostly because I want to see contest attacks in 3D, haha. It would be nice if they added a few of D/P/Pt's features into the contest system, but considering it's a remake, I'm sure it'll just be an improved version of the original system.

Years
  • I didn't really like the contests in Hoenn, but I'm still looking forward to them being in these remakes, mostly because I want to see contest attacks in 3D, haha. It would be nice if they added a few of D/P/Pt's features into the contest system, but considering it's a remake, I'm sure it'll just be an improved version of the original system.

It would be rad if they elaborated on the system by making the first part of the Contest an actual showcase of the Pokemon's moves and skills. Maybe create like three or four possible ways to flaunt each move that currently exists, and then create combinations of moves to generate a score from the judges. Granted, that's probably much too intricate and detailed for a mini-game, but still. I can dream. :]

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Years
  • Pokemon Contests

Would the concept for Pokemon Contests remain same? Or would i change to how it is in D/P/Pt? Or even better? Voice out your views here!

ShadowSlashz

Shadow
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 31, 2015
    I think pokeblock will return and maybe pokeball seals! Hopefully more info will be at E3 or the next corocoro issue :)

TheGinger63

PKMN Trainer
    Years
  • Id like to see the return of pokeball seals as well. I always thought those were sweet. Maybe add a few more designs?

For the contests I hope they do more for the visual part. Maybe have a little mini game or something to determine how well your pokemon does. Or similarly to the anime, have it string together some attacks that appeal well. And then for the second round a contest battle?

Years
  • They should bring both pokebloks and pokeball seals back, I loved the seals and never understood why they were taken out after 4th gen, plus I'd love to see some new mechanics, the dancing part in D/P/Pt was too repetitive.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • I love the contests, but more for advanced generation than DPP because you can actually make combination in moves. But if they bring back pokemon seals and pokeblocks back with DPP style, the least I ask is for nintendo to come up with combination moves (updated of course). Although it would be cool to have an additional judge over Wi-Fi. Frankly, I would prefer if the dancing mimic part gets replaced by something better and if you repeat the master rank and win again, the reward should be better than a ball.

Not too sure yet of what I expect of the reward as long as it's useful to the game. Maybe the pokemon seals can contribute to winning the contest and not just for show. Wait, maybe the reward can be a rare seal that can be used for more of a bonus. Who knows?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think they will try to keep contests the same for the most part. Perhaps post game they'll introduce Sinnoh style contests for us to participate in if they decide to have those return. Or maybe add a new style after we get the Master Ribbon for all five categories. It could include include the player too, like matching one's clothes with the looks of the Pokemon.

Years
  • I think they will try to keep contests the same for the most part. Perhaps post game they'll introduce Sinnoh style contests for us to participate in if they decide to have those return. Or maybe add a new style after we get the Master Ribbon for all five categories. It could include include the player too, like matching one's clothes with the looks of the Pokemon.

Why not keep it the same, but add new features as well? The Battle Frontier made RSE just as fun post-game as during the main story line, a feat not many other installments in the series have accomplished. It certainly wouldn't hurt to expand upon an already sound idea with even more buildings and challenges - the more, the merrier in this case!

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • How about adding a battle round to Contests like they did in the Anime? Maybe have 2 bars, your HP and the Contest bar, and if you use the same move as the contests, you heal your Contest bar and vice versa if you use an opposite move? Winner can be decided if either HP or Contest is depleted?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Why not keep it the same, but add new features as well? The Battle Frontier made RSE just as fun post-game as during the main story line, a feat not many other installments in the series have accomplished. It certainly wouldn't hurt to expand upon an already sound idea with even more buildings and challenges - the more, the merrier in this case!
    Yup, new kinds of contests apart from it could work just like how Frontier had different ways of battling compared to the Battle tower.

Years
  • I am really hoping that the contests come back ~ I always enjoyed doing them <3 I hope that the dress-up returns and that the contests are similar to the ones in anime (Like the battle between co-ordinators etc.) ^^

Back