• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokémon MMORPG Project (tentative title)

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011

Developed with: Game Maker (version to be decided)

Diamond and Pearl were hits alright, but they weren't what we were hoping could be possible with Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Project Platinum (the developement team behind Pokémon PLatinum, the G/S/C remake) has decided that the time has come that we finally design a Pokémon MMO ourselves and bask in the fruits of our own efforts.
    Set in the distant Jurni region (which when completed will be the largest region to date), players will be able to do all the things they enjoyed doing in the official series, from berry picking to Bug-Catching Contests, and do them online with possibly hundreds of other people in an MMO-sized game world.

The Jurni Region

Story: You are a trainer on a journey to explore new lands, compete with new Leagues, and make new friends. With help from your mom, you have already decided what your starter Pokémon will be. You arrive by ship in the harbor, and your mom gives you her last goodbyes. You walk ashore and are welcomed by a Pkmn Ranger, who then explains how to do things in this region. She also takes you into the Pokémon Mart and helps you buy supplies to start you off. As she lets you off on your own, wandering down the first route with several other newbies, you begin to realize how grand the Jurni region really is...

Features: Unlike most fanmade regions, this one will not contain any new Pokémon, aside from the official 400+ that exist. (how many of those we actually use in the game has yet to be decided) Another difference is that there is absolutely no PokéDex to complete -- the task alone would be far too difficult to complete in a game this massive anyways!

-For the first time in a Pokémon game, you will also be able to choose the class you are! Now you can choose to be a Bugcatcher, a Scientist, a Hiker, and the rest! On top of that, you can change your class any time you like.

-The game will hopefully be extremely non-linear. You may choose not to go for all 16 Gym Leader badges (there will be more than the standard 8 to increase gameplay value). Perhaps you will want to become a regular contest entree. Maybe you'll go about completing all the side-quests instead, or help other members complete theirs. You could even be a merchant, selling people rare items or gems from the Underground. The path you choose is up to you!

-Since there would be several hundred people playing at once, the Pokémon Centers and other buildings would get crowded FAST. So instead of using PC's like in the official series, we're combating the population crisis by giving players their own personal laptop computers to carry with them in the game! However, you can only use them in Pokémon Centers where there is access to PokéNet -- Pokémon Internet -- in order to access the different sites, such as Bill's PC and your home computer. (to be developed)

Sample Screenshot (not finalized)

Where You Come In

We are looking for people talented in every part in game design - spriters, programmers, music composers, the whole works. Since this game is going to be D/P style, we also need people who have complete tilesets and potentially 3D programmers as well.

On top of that, we need creative people who would be willing to commit their time to creating maps using D/P tilesets, and people with brilliant ideas that we could incorporate into the MMO.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    I hope so too. Maybe if we get a few more pro spriters we could have more to show off. =P

shadowmastermarcus

Shadow Lord =P
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2007
    1. I am a GML programmer, I'll definitely help with that

2. I can sprite, what should i sprite for an example

3. I'll level design

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2009
    What platform are you going to use, and what programs (RM2K/3/XP,DarkBasic)? I have alitle experience with coding in RMXP so i could probably help in that. Or i can just give ideas for the game. I have a very wild imagination

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2007
    Will the pokemon still use the traditional level system or are you using a different battling system?

using levels would force someone to still do gyms mostly in order.

also you say that your giving people laptops to un-crowd the pokecenters but then you say you can only use them inside the centers, so how would that help the crowding?

stezy

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2008
    Wow! This looks good, if you want to borrow my 4th Gen sprites, please do (credit though ;))

(Need to post 15 posts before I can show them :( )

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2019
    That sample drawing is insanely great. I want that interface. Where are you getting your DP stuff from?

Back