• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokémon Speedrun Challenge <Development> (Feel free to input!)

Mr.Silver

Say Hello To Nurse Barbra
Years
  • Major edit: I added an " EASILY SIMPLE GUIDE TO UNDERSTAND " to clear some things up. Hope it helps~

Now:

Ok First off, this is how the thread should look eventually (imagination is required)
    Spoiler:

Secondally, we need 2-3 commentators. People who Know they have at least an hour to spare. (this might become a regular community event, in case of which, this shall be a test bed).

Thirdly, we need ideas for mini contests DURING the speedruns,so we can give out prizes. for instance, The funniest name for a wobbuffet.

Fourthly, the "Comments" section will be used for comments on the marathon, and ideas for pokemon names. To prevent Spam, each user Will be limited to
    1 comment ,Maximum.

Fifthly,There will also be a "Competiton" after every game done.This is where the "Teams" come in. Everyone can choose either "Team Aqua" or "Team Magma", In which sora's nobody and myself will ask questions to or battle for our respective teams. The winner gets 2 points for there team, and at the end there will be a prize .Winning competitons from during the speedrun acculimates to team point scores as well.

And lastly, we need someone with CSS skillage.

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Event Staff:
    Mr.Silver
    Sora's Nobody
    myrrhman
    Sydian (The mod)
    Bobandbill (the backup mod)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Games list:
    Day 1: Pokémon Red: Mr.Silver
    ..........Pokémon Yellow: Sora's Nobody
    Day 2: Pokemon Silver:myrrhman
    ..........Pokemon Crystal:Sora's Nobody
    Day 3: Pokemon Ruby:myrrhman
    ..........Pokemon Emerald:Mr.Silver
    Final day: Big team Finale battle~
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    EASILY SIMPLE GUIDE TO UNDERSTAND~PART 1.

• The games will be played by myself, Sora, and Myrrhman.They will be streamed just so you know.We will have a chat box where people can give us ideas how we play our respective games,(Such as - what badge to get first).
    • The will be one person commentating for the 2 games that are played on the day.
    • |-> Example: Day one: I play red, sora plays yellow, and i commentate.
    • --> There will be little competitons run by the commentator such as, whoever does XYZ, gets the prize of ________-
    • Teams will be for the entirity of the speedrun, The reason team aqua and magma were chosen was because i rolled a dice,Lucky me.
    • |-> As such there will be a points system,Everyone can choose either to be with team Aqua or team magma (them must be on a team to win prizes), when they win a spot prize competiton, |they get a personal prize and points awarded to there team, So if the person is on team magma and wins, the team gets,say, 2 points. At the end of the speedruns on the final day (day |4),The points will be counted together and the team with the most points wins.Im gonna try to arrange a group wide prize (like an emblem) for the group, which will be only given out with the |speed runs.
    • --> Also everyone who enters to win a spot prize will get entered into the drawing for the main prize, which has yet to be decided,For example:20 people to win it and only 1 person does. those twenty people are entered into a drawing for the main prize. The limit is 3 entrys into the main prize drawing.( Meaning if someone enters 3 competitions and only wins 1, they would also have 3 entrys to win the main prize, This is to prevent spam entrys)

Nurse barbra would like to update:

N.Barbra:>>We have some emblems made and Css in the making, The prize give away list is as follows:
    :>> 2 "$5 Supporter" Giftcards. (hopefully)
    :>> Suicune,Entei and Raikou.(Normal)
    :>> Shiny Swinub,Shiny Growlithe,or some other shinys/pokemon.
    :>> Some other things~
    :>> Some Sexy emblems
    :>> Cake

:>>

:>> Left to right: Sexy Commentator, Surprize prize, Magma Supporter, Aqua Supporter.
    :>> We also need some commentators.
    :>> That is all.
    Team banners:

Code:
    https://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae333/animeFTW01/TeamAqua.png
    Code:
    https://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae333/animeFTW01/TeamMagma.png
    The next one will be organised ahead of time, so i can have more breathing room, But ONLY if this one works. People will also require a Ustream account for the ustream chat.

Now on with the brainstorming.

Last edited:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I don't want to have direct involvement with the event, but if you wish, I can assist with the CSS for the post.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I was asked to be the staffer to supervise this, but I have to be honest, I...don't understand it at all. Why are Team Aqua/Magma involved? And those you have listed next to the games, are you supervising that version or something? I am completely lost. I would love to help you guys, but I'm really confused. XD;

Mr.Silver

Years
  • I was asked to be the staffer to supervise this, but I have to be honest, I...don't understand it at all. Why are Team Aqua/Magma involved? And those you have listed next to the games, are you supervising that version or something? I am completely lost. I would love to help you guys, but I'm really confused. XD;
    EASILY SIMPLE GUIDE TO UNDERSTAND~PART 1.

• The games will be played by myself, Sora, and Myrrhman.They will be streamed just so you know.We will have a chat box where people can give us ideas how we play our respective games,(Such as - what badge to get first).
    • The will be one person commentating for the 2 games that are played on the day.
    • |-> Example: Day one: I play red, sora plays yellow, and i commentate.
    • --> There will be little competitons run by the commentator such as, whoever does XYZ, gets the prize of ________-
    • Teams will be for the entirity of the speedrun, The reason team aqua and magma were chosen was because i rolled a dice,Lucky me.
    • |-> As such there will be a points system,Everyone can choose either to be with team Aqua or team magma (them must be on a team to win prizes), when they win a spot prize competiton, |they get a personal prize and points awarded to there team, So if the person is on team magma and wins, the team gets,say, 2 points. At the end of the speedruns on the final day (day |4),The points will be counted together and the team with the most points wins.Im gonna try to arrange a group wide prize (like an emblem) for the group, which will be only given out with the |speed runs.
    • --> Also everyone who enters to win a spot prize will get entered into the drawing for the main prize, which has yet to be decided,For example:20 people to win it and only 1 person does. those twenty people are entered into a drawing for the main prize. The limit is 3 entrys into the main prize drawing.( Meaning if someone enters 3 competitions and only wins 1, they would also have 3 entrys to win the main prize, This is to prevent spam entrys)

Need any more information?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • This is just a note from an outsider's point of view, but you're making this waaaay over-complicated. >:

Mr.Silver

Years
  • This is just a note from an outsider's point of view, but you're making this waaaay over-complicated. >:
    Its actually quite simple. My brain just cant explain it in a simple way. i either give too little or too much information about a subject so i just go with too much info most of the time.

Mr.Silver

Years
  • hmm... possible, but i would be that people "bet" on the number of wins through the tower, Eg. 1-10 wins, 11-21 wins Ect....... could work.

Mr.Silver

Years
  • well yeah.... how bout the higher number of trainers beaten,the more points.
    Eg. 1 trainer - 1 point, 2 trainers - 2 points. 3 - 3 points. 10 - 10 points

Last edited:

Mr.Silver

Years
  • Nurse barbra would like to update:

N.Barbra:>>We have some emblems made and Css in the making, The prize give away list is as follows:
    :>> 2 "$5 Supporter" Giftcards. (hopefully)
    :>> Suicune,Entei and Raikou.(Normal)
    :>> Shiny Swinub,Shiny Growlithe,or some other shinys.
    :>> Some Shiny emblems
    :>> Cake

:>>

:>> Left to right: Sexy Commentator, Surprize prize, Magma Supporter, Aqua Supporter.
    :>> We also need some commentators.
    :>> That is all.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Just a reminder, but whoever is making the actual thread for this must PM it to me before tomorrow so that I can approve it and send it to Hiroshi.

Edit: Well. Nevermind. It's past time for it now.

Last edited:
    Back