• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokémon Story

HaosMew

Pokemon Master
Years
  • The Pokémon Story (FFC)

The Ancient History of the Pokémon World

In the beginning, the world was in chaos. Within a spiraling vortex an egg was formed. From the egg came Arceus, who created the three Dragons of Sinnoh: Dialga, Palkia and Giratina. Dialga and Palkia were the given powers of time and space respectively, and Giratina was given the power over death and chaos. Giratina was jealous of the power bestowed upon Dialga and Palkia, so it battled them, but lost. As punishment, it was sent to the Reverse Dimension by Arceus, where it would remain for all eternity. Arceus created three beings of power: Azelf, Mespirit and Uxie, whose purpose was to restore order to the world. Arceus then went to sleep in the Hall of Origin for 1000 years.
    Meanwhile, the five remaining beings created others to help them shape the world: Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza, whose purposes were to rule the land, seas and skies respectively. But they fought amongst one another, shaping the land as they did so. To stop them, the five beings created Regigigas, whose purpose was to control the three. After sending the three into a deep sleep, Regigigas created Regirock, Regice and Registeel, whose purposes were to shape the landscape. Regigigas then went into a deep sleep. During this time, Giratina was becoming stronger in the Reverse World. It wished for someone, anyone to help it get revenge on Dialga and Palkia. From the shadows emerged Darkrai. Darkrai had been created by all the negative thoughts of pokémon. There the two began to plot in the darkness…
    At this time, the three Regi's were lonely. It was such a big world, and the chaos was beginning to destroy what they had already made. So working with the other five beings, the eight together formed other pokémon to rule over the world they had formed. Shaymin was made to rule the forests and meadows; Heatran was made to rule over the mountains and volcanoes, Manaphy was made to rule over the northern oceans, Phione made to rule over the southern oceans, Lugia to rule over the moon and the tide, and Ho-Oh to rule over the sun and seasons. Soon after this, pokémon who had always been earthbound longed to know what lay beyond their world. So Dialga and Palkia set about creating a pokémon to explore the world above.
    But then Giratina and Darkrai broke through to their world, and set about destroying all of the Pokémon's hard work. As Dialga and Palkia finished the new pokémon, it reacted with the two evil pokémon. It sent Darkrai into the shadows and Giratina to Turnback Cave, the point where the two evil pokémon had emerged from. Giratina shall remain there for all eternity. After this, the new pokémon went to the sky. As it went, the night-time sky was filled with little lights, known afterward as stars. Lugia then let the new pokémon share the power of the moon, so as always to have a part of their world. That night, the moon grew smaller into a crescent shape. The new pokémon's name was decided: Cresselia.
    Until this point, all the pokémon were satisfied, but one day, Dialga was feeling very lonely. Controlling time was no mean feat, and most other pokémon had some ability to shape space in some way or another. So Dialga made another being to move through time, which it named Celebi. However, the three beings of power were afraid of Celebi, and tried to destroy it. So using its power over time, it fled.
    The world was complete, having taken almost 1000 years to do so. Ho-Oh was jealous that Lugia had another to share its work, which was Cresselia, so it created three beings to rule over the other three seasons: Moltres for spring, Zapdos for autumn, and Articuno for winter, leaving summer for Ho-Oh. Darkrai hadn't given up on claiming the world as its own. It discovered a form of energy not yet known to any pokémon: eon energy. Darkrai began attacking pokémon in their sleep, and in doing so, grew stronger by the day. So Lugia and Ho-Oh created two pokémon to rule over the eon powers that Darkrai used. Their names were Latios and Latias.
    They battled for three days against Darkrai, but eventually won. After having sent Darkrai back to the shadows, the two eon pokémon contacted Cresselia, who had once defeated Darkrai. It seemed Cresselia was lonely amongst the stars. Together, the three beings created another pokémon to rule the stars with Cresselia: Jirachi. Imbued with eon power, Jirachi had the ability to grant wishes every time it awoke, which would occur for 7 days, once every 1000 years.
    But something was missing: more pokémon. What use was having the lands, seas and skies if no pokémon walked, swam and flew in them? On the anniversary of Arceus' 1000 years of sleep, Dialga and Palkia awoke Arceus, asking for pokémon to populate the world. Arceus did this as a last good deed for the world. It created all the pokémon, assigning those regions in which to exist and live. It then created Mew to govern over them all. Mew contained the DNA of all the pokémon that had been created. As the pokémon lived on the earth in peace, a new kind of creature came to the world: humans.
    As the humans spread out, the Original Pokémon went into hiding. Most pokémon chose to work along side the humans. Many thousands of years passed, and many good and bad humans rose over time. A team of scientists fired an eon laser at viral matter, which accidentally created a new pokémon, Deoxys. Its decided purpose is to restore order to the imbalances of nature. A group of villainous humans, known as Team Rocket, burned down the Brass tower in which Ho-Oh resided, which killed three innocent pokémon. Ho-Oh gave them new life, and they changed into three legendary beasts: Suicune, Raikou and Entei. Suicune's purpose is to purify the impure, as Raikou's is to help the desperate. Entei's purpose, however, is consistently changing, having strange ties to the Unown.
    In recent years, Giovanni, head of Team Rocket ordered a group of scientists to gather Mew DNA from South America, so as to create the 'most powerful pokémon ever'. When made, it was named Mewtwo. After escaping from Team Rocket, it wanders the large cities, acting as a vigilante hero.
    The story of the Pokémon world doesn't end there. There will always be new regions, new pokémon, new villains and new heroes. You, as well as the Original Pokémon, have a choice. Be a villain, or hero? It's up to you.

THE END

Last edited:

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • Very good. I couldn't stop reading. I was wondering as it got close to the end abot Mew, Entei, Suicune, and Raikou but then you had them in there too. I loved it!!!!

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
    Years
  • Wait, was that all of it? Oh well, I have a few complaints pertaining to it.

First, the paragraph style is a little messy. Try to keep a blank line between two separate paragraphs. Believe me, it will read a lot easier.

You could definitely put more description in it. the way you have it now is more like a brief history lesson about these Pokemon. I think one could even write a chaptered fiction about it if they wanted. I could understand such a broad coverage if it were a prologue, but for a complete story? I don't know...

Those were pretty much my only problems with it. I'm not sure if you will take my advice or not, but if you do then I will warn you: writing chaptered fictions can be tedious and time consuming. One reason I haven't updated mine in a while is because I don't have the time to write the chapters. So be prepared for long hours in front of your computer thinking up eloquent ways to word scenes.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Don't mess with the font. Courier New tends to be an annoying font to read, even though some people like it. Besides, the rules say not to screw the font.

Also, you need to double-space your paragraphs. Just hit Enter twice to make a new one. Otherwise, your story is squashed up and difficult to read.

It's also not much of a story, more like a text book. Add more to it, make the Legendaries more like characters. Give them thoughts and feelings.

But, you know, honestly, aside from that, this isn't bad. You've got a lot of potential. You just need to really fix the first two things I mentioned.

HaosMew

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Thanks for commenting! I am new to story writing, so I am glad that you've criticised (in fact I've been hoping someone would). I did think about turning the Legendaries into their own characters, but I thought that might put a stereotype on Pokemon like Giratina. Sure it controls chaos, but is it really evil?

Anyway, I will put what you have all said into practise. After all, that is how we improve. I may yet re-write it for my own amusement, I don't know yet.

PS: I completely agree with you jeffback. I did think whether or not to say 'complete' or 'breif' history, but I went with 'complete' because it sounded better, though that is no excuse. Also, I am sorry for screwing with the font. Courier New is a font-preference of mine.

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
    Years
  • Hmm, new to writing stories eh? well, if you're worried about the stereotype thing, then what you really need to do is give each Pokemon a personality, based on what you think about them, and create some kind of conflict. Many examples of this exist on this board, including my fan fiction which, sadly, I have not had time to update in quite a while. I have time tonight, and am feeling much better, so I will probably crack down on the rest of my current chapter.

If you need specific examples of fictions where Pokemon have somewhat realistic personalities, then just send me a message and I will try to compile a list for you.

Back