• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokémon Trainer Academy(OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    I kinda like the relaxed way we deal with time. If you think about it, it takes a lot longer for us to roleplay out anything here than it would in reality, so things tend to work out in the end. xD

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
    Years
    I concur with Yellow ^_^ and it really helps us dig into our characters and explore their personalities, thoughts and feelings more than if we were rushing from day to day.

Dawn

Years
    I just want to throw it out there that Yamask is the /only/ ghost pokemon that is said to have once been human. Like, very specifically. Any other ghost pokemon that is supposed to have been a human is far more unusual. I get the feeling someone might've taken something I said regarding interesting facts about pokemon the wrong way, so I'm just throwing that out there so people know and all.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
    Years
    I know that. I was having Misdreavus pull a prank on all of them. She's just making it up because she thinks it would be funny. :P

She doesn't know how she can speak like a human, and she heard the name Leena being called over the PA system and decided she liked how it sounded. She never actually used to be a human.

Edit: Also, I now have a question. In the anime, because the games don't really cover it and I haven't read the manga, Meowth can talk. But he had to give up a move slot to do it. I was wondering if Leena would have to do the same. Because I'm planning on having Bri catch her after she and Snype prank Professor Oak. I am a little curious to know if Leena will only have five move slots available to work with, instead of the usual six.

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
    @Nideous

...There are move slots in the anime? ಠ_ಠ

I'd assume not. I'm detecting a fourth wall breaking joke on the anime's part that isn't meant to be taken seriously. Keep in mind though that unless a pokemon has some sort of psychic power enabling them to bypass the language barrier completely they'll need to be able to speak in both human and pokemon separately to communicate with the respective listeners.

SelenaStar

Years
    I'd reckOn that she'd still have 6.

Also, with this whole professor oak thing, has Jack given the a-ok for that? It just seems that Oak would be the kind of NPC Jack would control, and i find it a bit difficult to believe he'd actually spend so much time at the school rather than off on his own research...

Nideous

Years
    Yeah there are move slots. Maybe that's not the right way to put it... Every pokemon in the anime can only use up to four moves, and to learn a new one they have to forget an old one. At least they follow the game mechanics at that point. :\

Anyways, the point I was making was that Meowth learned to speak human to impress a girl. But he had to lose his fourth move to do so... And if anyone has psychic power it would be a ghost. Misdreavus does learn Psywave rather early after all. :)

Edit: @SelenaStar: I'm going to let Megaman answer that one. It was his idea after all.

Last edited:

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
    Hrm... well I kind of had an idea where he wouldn't even be in the office in the first place but an intercom would be there for Snype and Leena to go about their buisness o3o. Though if Jack wants to bring Gary into the story then that'll work fine since he's kind of an important NPC of the story and all.

Dawn

Years
    Anyways, the point I was making was that Meowth learned to speak human to impress a girl. But he had to lose his fourth move to do so...

Yeah, that was totally just a comedic reference to the games and not meant to be taken seriously. So don't worry about it.

Nideous

Years
    I decided to update my team with the addition of Leena.

Thyme (Snivy): level 17, Leaf Tornado, Vine Whip, Bullet Seed, Secret Power, Attract, Growth (Inactive)
    Duster (Minccino): level 16, Pound, Tickle, Growl, Helping Hand, Double Slap, Encore, Thundershock
    Drizzle (Buizel): level 15, Sonic Boom, Quick Attack, Water Gun, Pursuit, Water Sport, Swift
    Nova (Growlithe): level 17, Bite, Ember, Leer, Roar, Odor Sleuth, Helping Hand
    Bouncy (Igglybuff): level 2, Sing, Charm, Faint Attack
    Frost (Sneasel): level 10, Scratch, Leer, Taunt, Quick Attack, Screech
    Leena (Misdreavus): level 10, Psywave, Growl, Spite, Astonish

Also, becaus eI now have seven pokemon, the one that isn't on my current battle team shall be marked as inactive, like Thyme currently is.

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
    SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY!

I only have an hour a day on the computer and I usually get less with all the work. all honors and AP classes. I'm so sorry about this guys. I'll try to havea post upASAP. I get more time to write on weekends.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
    Alright... So Jack is no longer part of Pokecommunity it seems. I guess we're going to have to decide which one of us should lead this RP now. Um... I don't want to be selfish but I'd personally be up for leading the RP. I'm extremely active on here as is. Dunno how school will effect that but for the most part, I keep a close eye on the RP. We'll leave who ends up leading the RP to the rest of the people though.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    I'd be okay with you leading Megaman. ^^ But I want to help. *nods*

Dawn

Years
    I'm willing to lead. Spreading the workload across two people is generally not a bad idea. Just a thought. Also, I'm suddenly concerned. We can't edit the first post here where all the important stuff is located. That includes things like adding in more wild pokemon and more places and etcetera. Which would... probably be the first thing I'd want to do. |D Perhaps we'll have to ask for moderator help with that in some way. Not sure what can be done.

Anyway. First things first. We need to decide who should take over. I'm not opposed to working with someone else, but we really need to limit this down to one or two people at most. The reason for this is if there are too many owners, then it gets that much harder for them all to agree on everything, resulting in nothing ever getting done, sadly.

Last edited:

Nideous

Years
    I'm good with two GMs. Also, I have a thought about the first post issue. Whoever takes over edits their first post in the OOC thread to provide updates and stuff like that.

And I'm with you on this one Yellow. We don't need a whole lot of GMs one or two at the most. Like I said, I'm willing to help out, but I don't want to be a GM. I'll leave that to you saps brave souls. :D

Dawn

Years
    The qualm I have with that is how will people find said post and not confuse it with the first one as to which they should read. But yeah, we'll see what can be done about that after.

SelenaStar

Years
    I'm happy with Megaman and Yellow leading us! :) I, like Nideous and Fuyu, will be there on hand to help wherever necessary :)

Dawn

Years
    Hmm... Hunter Zero appears to have disappeared on us. Was kinda waiting on his thoughts on the matter, buuut... it seems like everyone else is okay. I'm going to make a point to talk to Megaman about this, figure out how we're going to work, and after that's finished I'll go right on ahead and contact RHCP once we've figured ourselves out. c:

EDIT:We'll be getting a new OOC thread.

Also, me and Mark will be GMing. Thanks for supporting us in taking the position guys. c:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back