• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokémon Trainer Academy(OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    So am I accepted then or....?

It'll be interesting playing a character who is clueless about what's happened so far in the plot.

Years
    Just so everyone is clear It is currently late evening in the rp, with night a couple hours away

And the Class list is as followed for 2morrow
    (With the new members I decided to change it up)​

Pokemon Coordination: Mackenzie Quigg - Jack Jacobs - Mark Willson

1 vs 1 Battling: Claude Joseph Jackleto- Skye Odell - Brian Jameson - Valorie Ryder

Pokemon-Trainer Fitness, Basic Knowledge: Selene Evans - Tyson Fitz - Vincent Xackford Luna

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    I feel so official, I'm being taught by the most badass champion to have ever lived.

So, I got a few newbie questions:

+ How do we obtain Pokeballs?
    + If we have Pokeballs, are we free to just go to an area and capture a Pokemon anytime (Capturing pending on ifour post was good enough, of course)?
    + How does one go about obtaining an egg? is that decided by you as GM when and if?

Years
    Answer 1: You can either have already have them with you or you could write a post about you going down to the mart and buying 62 pokeballs(Dont know why i chose 62)

Answer 2: You can catch any pokemon on the Wild Pokemon list and you dont need my approval to catch a pokemon but still make it a good post.

Anything else?

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    Just that last question about the eggs and these:

+ When you train in the wild, do you just write a paragraph or two about the battles you faced and how they went?
    + How does an RP'er vs. RP'er battle get decided?

Years
    Answer 1: That would be prefered and that is what has been happening so far for everybody so I would like it to continue.

Answer 2: I am hoping we are all smart enough to decide among ourselves but if requested i will decide a battle.

Anthing more kind bear?

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    [FONT=a9a777c99c11e1a7002384d0#440c00]+ How does one go about obtaining an egg? is that decided by you as GM when and if?

^ Just the one you missed. :3[/FONT]

Years
    Oh never saw the egg one to answer that question though, maybe in the future you might get an egg but no for now. The only reason Nideous's character has one is because a former member of the rp who was a teacher gave him.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
    Years
    I've decided that Selene's leg will heal overnight XD It'll be a miraculous recovery from the wonders of IV Antidote (and because she's just rubbish lay in bed all the time...)

Also, here's my SU for the snob. Can't wait to get her in to mix things up even more :)

I'm loving all the new characters by the way! :D

Name: Brogan Ashlie Houghton-Taylor

Dorm: Suicune Dorm

Appearance:
    In a word – expensive. Brogan is one of those girls whose well-groomed appearance exudes wealth and privilege. She is a stunning girl, blessed with good looks she often draws attention quite accidentally on walking into a room or sidling into a group situation – rumour has it that Brogan Houghton-Taylor is one of the main reasons for the break up of adolescent relationships in and around Saffron City.

But all is not quite as it seems. Daddy's money has certainly helped Brogan on her journey to achieve this vision of the body beautiful, and if one saw her without this assistance it would be true to say that she would be pretty but plain, a wallflower that could be quite easily overlooked in favour of a brighter bloom.

Her hair falls in glossy, dark chocolate coloured loose curls with golden streaks through falling just above her elbows. She usually wears it over one shoulder pinned into place, partially because it makes her look like a princess (she believes) but mainly because that is the best style for hiding the wefts of the hair extensions she wears constantly – even when sleeping – from the eyes of others.

Her eyes are as dark as cocoa, her natural eye colour somewhat surprisingly, but the thick, long black lashes that frame her eyes are anything but natural. One would have to look closely to notice, as the lash extensions glued in by her personal beauty therapist every 4 weeks are very discreet, the same therapist who threads and dyes Brogan's eyebrows every 2 weeks.

Brogan's skin is as pale as porcelain...joke! Next to being overweight, being pale is Brogan's worst nightmare...she wears potentially too much fake tan, applying it in her moisturiser twice a day to prevent it from looking orange and patchy. She tends to avoid sunbeds due to the premature skin aging and drying effect, but if she's having a "pale" day she could be seen sneaking into a booth for a blast of UV rays.

With regards to her clothing style – if it isn't designer, Brogan won't wear it. End of story. She prefers outfits that show off her figure without being too revealing – so if she wears a pair of shorts, they will be Daisy Duke-like while she wears a long sleeved shirt or a fitted sweater. If she wears a crop-top or a strappy number, she will pull on a pair of jeans and a cardigan. Brogan is far too sophisticated to go out looking like a tramp, and she does have her family's reputation to protect...

Personality:
    Brogan is, quite frankly, a ***** and she is honest and open about, if not oddly proud of, that fact. In her eyes, the real world values extravagance, wealth and good breeding, and the majority of the serfs she has the misfortune to encounter just aren't in the same league as she. Snobbery isn't a flaw – it is the honest realisation of the superior in society that they have subordinates everywhere they turn. In the world Brogan Houghton-Taylor inhabits, snobbery is a prerequisite skill for survival.
    But if surrounded by her inferiors, Brogan can of course act out her part of nice, down to earth girl extraordinarily convincingly having had years of practice on her Father's employees and the housekeeping staff. She can feign interest in anything the underclasses have to say or do so convincingly that more often than not they ask for her number, thinking that they had somehow triggered a long-lasting friendship...fools.

She has few friends in fact – she has many acquaintances, and she isn't lonely by any stretch of the imagination, she has many numbers in her pink Swarovski crystal Xtransciever (what – because she's from Kanto you assumed she'd be stuck with a crappy old PokeGear? Think again!) for glamorous parties and intimate luncheons, but in terms of real friends she can actually talk to, Brogan has only two – her older sister Jenna and the daughter of one of her Father's closest business advisers, Sherriyl. But, in a life as perfect as Brogan's, who needs friends right? It isn't as though she has any problems to talk about...she's young, rich, beautiful...would she rather be going to exclusive parties and sipping champagne (age restrictions don't count for her at these parties darling) with other sophisticated and beautiful people or slobbing out at home in front of the TV in a scruffy tracksuit talking about ridiculous nonsense with a group of pre-menstrual teenage girls? Exactly.

As adamantly as Brogan would deny the latter, oftentimes when she's left alone with her thoughts she finds herself wondering what it would be like to have a normal life...not to have to reapply her make up every hour, to be able to wear her hair up and without extensions ever now and again, to not have to match her outfits up perfectly every single day...this pensive melancholia is a frequent but well hidden strain of Brogan's personality. To Brogan, she would rather hide this away under a mask of happiness for the rest of her life than admit to the outside world that her life was anything less than fabulously perfect.

Her doctor would disagree vehemently with Brogan if asked, having treated her for eating disorders from a shockingly young age. The pressure on Brogan to maintain the perfect figure, appearance and lifestyle is too much for any young person of her age...her frustration with her own weakness and inability to rise to this pressure can make her secretly question herself and makes her a dangerous person to cross. Easily angered, Brogan is not the kind of person to blow up in anger, but nor is she the type of person to let things slide by without confronting them in her own way. She is vindictive when angered, combined with her sly and manipulative nature makes her a fearsome enemy to have. But she is equally dangerous, if not in a different way, when threatened or made to feel inadequate – which admittedly happens rarely as Brogan does truly believe her own hype. In order to upset Brogan that severely one must deeply scar her, and that kind of slight will not be forgiven or forgotten for a long time.

History:
    Born into one of Kanto's most affluent and influential power families, the Houghton-Taylors, Brogan had an incredibly privileged upbringing in the very centre of the City, living in the sprawling penthouse apartment in the most exclusive complex in the City with her Father, Mother, Sister Jenna and the family Eevee, Starla. From a young age, Brogan displayed a brightness beyond her years which was nurtured by her Father, who held closely the dream that she would take over the family business empire one day – the HoTa Corporation, a PR firm acting for major companies such as Devon, Silph and even the Indigo and Orange Leagues. Jenna never once illustrated an interest in the family business, insistent that at the age of 10 she would be away on her Pokemon journey.

As she grew, Brogan developed a somewhat unequal relationship with her parents. The vast amounts of time spent reading and talking with her Father as a young girl meant that she developed a much closer bond with him than the Mother who never truly understood or found any common ground with her daughter. When her big sister, Jenna, left the family home aged 10 to start her Pokemon adventure this worsened the situation considerably – Brogan and Jenna, despite being as different as a Magikarp from Arceus, were always very close and Jenna served almost as the pacifying influence between her Mother and Brogan.

Managing an empire as vast and varied as HoTa Corp meant that Brogan's father was often out of the City, even the region meeting with new clients and expanding the business. From the age of 4 when Brogan's father really began pushing his expansion, she saw her father for a week or two every 4 or 5 months – amounting to around 6 weeks of contact every year.

"Now Brogan, you're my strong, clever girl," her Father would say as he held her in his arms as she sobbed at his leaving again, "I need you to be a good girl and keep yourself and your Mother safe. I'll bring you some lovely presents back with me." And then he was gone, leaving Brogan equally heartbroken but much more adept at hiding it each time he left.

This also had the consequence of making Brogan completely spoiled, with an absolute contempt for any figure of authority that she didn't respect – namely anyone who tried to tell her to do things she didn't want to do when she didn't want to do them. The presents from her Father started off small – a plushie or a toy in his suitcase when he returned from a trip – until the trips got longer and the presents got bigger and more expensive, until Brogan even had her own yacht moored in the family dock in Vermillion City. Although Brogan had thrived from and loved receiving the jewellery, money and expensive items, they never quite filled the hold in her heart that was left in her Father's absence. This would probably explain why her most treasured possessions in the whole world are her Eevee plushie from his first trip away and a cheap, plastic pink heart ring that was in a toy jewellery set that she received from him as a child. If anyone asks, Brogan will look at them like they are morons and explain that it is a vintage piece, a kitsch fashion statement and leave it at that...but really, she just can't bear to be parted from it.

In terms of her abilities with Pokemon...the fact that she is in the Suicune Dorm at the Academy is down mainly to the ability of the Trainer she hired to write her application. Of course she HAS Pokemon – who doesn't? – but she has them as pets for their cuteness and status. In fact, she has 2 boxes full of Pokemon that her Father has sent from around the world for her, all relatively powerful, but she only ever keeps 3 Pokemon with her at a time – the Buneary she caught herself, the Squirtle that Jenna brought home for her and the Bagon that her Father last sent her. Training takes up too much time for Brogan, and she has never had a real trainer battle in her life, so her skills at battling and catching pokemon are practically non-existent. They were completely non-existent, until her parents dropped the bombshell one day that she was going to some Academy on a place called Oak Island...

Brogan's diva-like behaviour and resentment towards her Mother ended up in a unilateral agreement being made – that Brogan would attend the Oak Academy for a time, learning how to handle and train Pokemon. This angered Brogan beyond belief – she wanted her Pokemon as pets, not as actual POKEMON to be TRAINED. After confronting her father over her Xtransciever in a major argument, he told her firmly that she would learn skills useful for her running of the business at the Academy – after all, he had been a trainer himself many years ago and that still helped him to that day in his work – so she was going and that was the end of the conversation. Brogan was shocked into compliance...so she was off to the Trainer Academy...as her yacht pulled up at the dock, she stepped out onto the Island and looked up at the Academy pushing her large sunglasses up on top of her head with a grimace. Great...

Pokemon:

Buneary – Girl
    Level 22
    Moves: Foresight, Defense Curl, Endure, Ice Punch, Sky Uppercut, Low Kick

Wartortle – Boy
    Level 20
    Moves: Water Gun, Bite, Mirror Coat, Withdraw, Aqua Jet, Foresight

Bagon – Boy
    Level 19
    Moves: Bite, Headbutt, Twister, Zen Headbutt, Outrage, Mud Slap

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    So.... due to Butler's battle with the wild Rattata, does this mean he just gained a level?

That's another question!
    + Confusion about leveling system?

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
    Alright... I have to go back and do some editing... :p

What about the last Class list? Do I still have Eggs 101? Just wondering.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
    Years
    I'm updating my team again because of the new addition!

Thyme (Snivy): level 17, Leaf Tornado, Vine Whip, Bullet Seed, Secret Power, Attract, Growth
    Duster (Minccino): level 15, Pound, Tickle, Growl, Helping Hand, Double Slap, Encore
    Drizzle (Buizel): level 15, Sonic Boom, Quick Attack, Water Gun, Pursuit, Water Sport, Swift
    Nova (Growlithe): level 15, Bite, Ember, Leer, Roar, Odor Sleuth
    Bouncy (Igglybuff): level 1, Sing, Charm

Also, Jackblaze, would it be alright if Bouncy knew Faint Attack? It's an egg move for Igglybuff, I checked, and she has no way of fighting in a battle until she turns level 9 and learns Pound, which won't be for a while.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    Hey jackblaze, what does you character look like? I can't seem to find a proper profile in SU format.

I'm trying to decide whether or not Klu chrushes for the smooth-taking stud. Hm....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back