• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2018
    Amber Frost​

Amber regarded Shuppet curiously, noting its lack of emotive tells and deathly silence. It was definitely a difficult opponent, and it almost seemed made to counter Valor and herself. She frowned, struggling to find a way to get an edge over a Pokemon that seemed to counter their very selves. She was beginning to realize she had a lot to learn; she needed to know more of the Pokemon moves and what they did. Sure, her opponents not knowing her moves was an advantage, but knowing what the moves they foolishly declared ahead of time were would help a lot more. Unfortunately, everyone back home fought like Amber did, so her knowledge of moves were scarce. Those who didn't... didn't last long.

Her eyes widened as Shuppet vanished completely once more, this time in a spectacular display. She called out to Valor, who was confused as he had just found the Pokemon, only for it to inexplicably vanish. "Yeah, it's gone again. Just be ready to dodge and prepare a counter attack." Valor nodded his assent, charging up a Supersonic attack. This method of disappearing and reappearing was beginning to get very frustrating.

Amber smirked at Sammy's creative language. Amber knew quite a bit of her own, most of which would be completely meaningless to an outsider. Even if they could get past the thick city accent, the actual meaning of the declaration would be downright confusing. She'd mostly corrected her speech to an understandable norm, although during tough spots it occasionally regressed back to what it had once been. She held back for now, though; the attack was impressive, but not worth a complete freak-out.

Her contemplation of this battle was interrupted by the sound of the intercom. She cursed under her breath something that sounded almost like a rather straightforward, "$#%* their mothers..." Unsure of what to do, she looked over at Sammy. Was there some sort of official rule about stopping battles half way? Who would win, or, Arceus forbid, would it be a draw?!

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Samantha Felicity Cooper

Sammy had no idea what to expect from the rest of this move so all she could do was watch with her fists clenched, as eager as Amber was to see the results. It was then that she heard the announcement over the PA system. She'd completely lost track of the time, even if she could round up the battle with Valor quickly there was still Spirit to finish off - she'd miss tournament entry entirely. As much as she hated to not finish a battle off properly there wasn't a Snorunts chance in hell she was missing the tournament, not after she'd gone to the trouble of dressing up!

"Damnit, listen Amber we're goi-... uhhh..." She trailed off as the air beside Valor was somehow ripped open like a piece of cloth, shadowy tendrils leaking out from the disturbance. With great force Shuppet was launched from the portal by the very tentacles that dragged her in as though they had tasted her and found her too unpleasant to consume. She was on a direct collision course with Valor from close range. Sammy had to be impressed by the apparent effectiveness of the move, but the timing left something to be desired. After Shuppet had been regurgitated from whatever dimension had tried to consume her the portal sealed itself with a distinct zipping sound.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2015
    Xander Blaze​

He'd reached the TM Shop quickly enough, sure, but Xander still hadn't decided exactly what he was going to buy. Money certainly wasn't an issue, his bank account was still completely loaded with Pix Co. profits.
    Which TMs would students find most useful, and learn the most from during this tournament...? he mused. He grinned widely at the answer.

Xander walked up to the register, carrying all but a handful of the store's stock of TM10 - Hidden Power.
    The cashier gave him a funny look. "You really need all of those?"
    "Well technically they're not for me, they're for my students," he replied, pulling out a checkbook. "How much?"
    It wasn't often the TM shop received payment by check, and it showed on the cashier's face. "Uh. Thousand each. Make the check out to Oak Town TMs. I think."

Xander filled the check out, signing it with a flourish. "And...there! Thank you very much!" He left with exactly 7 TMs in hand. As he was heading back towards campus, he heard vague, feminine speaker-noises.

"...proceed....Battlefield Number 7...wish to attend..."
    "Ah, the tournament must be starting soon, I should hurry down," he muttered aloud.

Reaching Battlefield 7 in record time, he sat down at a table near the spectator stand. He was stationed closest to the direction that most of the possible contestants would be arriving from... if they so wished, he'd give them a TM to use for the tournament.

Nillemi

Under my Rock
    Years
  • Ellie Ward - Outside the school

"I might have gone a bit overboard" Ellie says to herself looking through her bag now with several boxes of Different kinds of pokeballs in it. "He did say they break if they fail, Eh, Better to be safe than sorry I guess. Money isn't that big of an issue anyway." She concludes to herself.

Even a far away from the Academy as she was, she was still able to hear the intercom as it came to life and delivered news about the tournament. No wonder that thing woke her up earlier, It is LOUD.

Exited she starts sprinting towards the school as fast as she can manage, There is still quite a bit of distance between her and the school and she doesn't want to be late. While She's Pretty sure she likely isn't going to win, Especially considering she Hit Middle of the road with Entei, She is excited to see what the competition looks like as well as potentially make a name for herself.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2018
    Amber Frost​

At the sound of the PA, Valor had dispelled his waiting Supersonic attack then turned towards Amber, believing the battle had ended with the loud, mechanical cease fire. He had just began to descend towards her when he felt a heavy collision in his side, launching him through the air in a complete spin out. He slowly fell towards the ground before landing with a giant THUMP and a spray of dirt. He lay dazed on the ground, flapping his wings pitifully.

Amber gasped and ran out to Valor, quickly checking to make sure he was okay. Sure, she probably looked lame for it, but she was still working on unlearning a lot of the stuff she'd done all her life. A Pokemon Center wasn't always a short trip away, and being caught out in dark corners with only critically injured Pokemon was not a good plan. She quickly recalled Valor and stood up.

"So is this a draw, or what? We should probably get outta here," she asked, gesturing vaguely in the direction of the tournament.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Samantha Felicity Cooper

"Shuppet, return!" Sammy called out, zapping the Ghost Pokemon back into her Luxury Ball as soon as she could get a bead on her, clipping it back onto her belt. "Sorry Amber, uh, yeah, we'll have to finish this up in the tournament!" She babbled, getting her items in order as she juggled the cumbersome egg case. "I'll make up that accidental cheap shot to you too, alright? I dunno if we've got time to swing by the Pokemon Center if we want to make it on time, I'll fix Valor and Spirit up for you once we get there, deal?"

She was already on the move as she spoke, clearly anxious to get going. She hated to leave a battle unresolved but there was no way she was missing a chance to cream Mark in such a public way! She was going to make a big splash in this tournament and get to battle Gary *$(£ing Oak! There was no way she could beat him obviously, but the amount she would learn in the battle would be worth any defeat. The only problem was that she hadn't checked her medicinal supplies before promising to help Amber and her team... she was fairly sure she would have enough, but it might leave her short supplied for her own Pokemon. That would potentially put Pancham and Shuppet on the bench, a weakness she could ill afford.

"C'mon, let's go!"

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2018
    Amber Frost​

Amber sighed and started towards the arena. Leaving battles unfinished seriously sucked, especially not being able to heal afterwards. Amber was glad for her meager supply of basic potions, although she did appreciate Sammy's offer. Perhaps she should try to make the most of the fact that Sammy seemed to think she owed her...

Amber reached the arena faster than expected, and looked around in a bit of a daze. She had found their practice arena strange enough, but the larger arena might have well have been a new planet. She paused, waiting for Sammy to go ahead of her so Amber could subtly figure out what to do. When all else failed, imitation usually worked. She glanced at the young man at the table, wondering just what he was doing there. As she looked towards him, her amber necklace was just visible, the sunlight reflecting off it and making it shine. She looked away, hiding it from view once more, and instead focused on figuring out what to do. Whatever he was selling, she didn't need it; she just wanted to avoid the teachers as much as possible.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Samantha Felicity Cooper

Sammy marched past Amber, much more eager than her new sort-of-friend to enter the arena and get the lay of the land, not to mention keep an eye out for what sort of competition she could expect. She spotted the young man sat at a table and made a mistaken assumption about his purpose there. She stopped at his table, the egg case with its pink and lilac package safely nestled in her arms.

"Oh, hey. Is this the registration desk or something? I need to sign up. Do you know anything about the rules or format? I wanna try and get an idea of what to get ready for, y'know? Hey Amber, c'mere, I think this is for sign ups!" She called.

Although Sammy didn't realize it the egg gave the smallest of shakes from inside its case, the first time it had done so. It wouldn't be revealing its contents anytime soon, but the first stirrings of activity were beginning inside it. The pink exterior made Sammy's hopes of a Chimchar or Croagunk unlikely, but you could never judge an egg by its shell.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
  • Mark Wilson

Mark was on his way to the registration desk as well, having just arrived and managed to previously heal his Pokemon. Of course if the competition was going to be fair, there would be a healing station nearby if necessary. That's what he would figure at least. He wondered what kind of rules would be present in the tournament. Mark kind of had a bad feeling about it. Nonetheless, he was pumped and ready to take on the school and become the champ of Raikou Dorm!

As soon as Mark entered the doors, he immediately caught sight of Sammy and Amber. He had a pretty rough encounter with Amber at first but he guessed she was getting along with Sammy at least.

"Hey Sammy!" Mark called out. "Ya ready for the tournament?" Mark said with a confident grin.

Years
  • Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla sighed and wiped her tears away as she looked up at Shawn. She petted Yuri gently before standing up. "Yeah..." she sniffled. "She ran off during class, and I haven't seen her since. She's not answering anybody's calls, either." Kayla picked up Yuri and bit her lip. If I were Holly, where would I go? Her dorm...? No, I don't think so... We checked there already... She'd go into town if she weren't so scared of people... Kayla groaned and shook her head. "I don't know how to think like Holly! I can only think like me!"

Holly Amarosa

Holly picked up Blaze and petted him, smiling. At least somebody's on my side... Unlike Kayla... She frowned at the thought of her cousin and hesitated before walking back towards the academy. Molly floated along, frowning. Holly looked up at the Munna and sighed.

"I'm fine, Molly... Everything's fine. I don't need my medicine, if that's what you're thinking. I won't get like that again. I promise." She nuzzled the Growlithe in her arms and smiled. They worry too much... I'm not a fragile little girl anymore... I can take care of myself... And if I can't, then Molly can... Right? She thought of her encounter with her... stalker, and frowned. I couldn't take care of myself then... What if there's nobody to save me next time? Holly sighed. "Too much worrying will get me nowhere..."

Years
  • Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla sighed and wiped her tears away as she looked up at Shawn. She petted Yuri gently before standing up. "Yeah..." she sniffled. "She ran off during class, and I haven't seen her since. She's not answering anybody's calls, either." Kayla picked up Yuri and bit her lip. If I were Holly, where would I go? Her dorm...? No, I don't think so... We checked there already... She'd go into town if she weren't so scared of people... Kayla groaned and shook her head. "I don't know how to think like Holly! I can only think like me!"

Holly Amarosa

Holly picked up Blaze and petted him, smiling. At least somebody's on my side... Unlike Kayla... She frowned at the thought of her cousin and hesitated before walking back towards the academy. Molly floated along, frowning. Holly looked up at the Munna and sighed.

"I'm fine, Molly... Everything's fine. I don't need my medicine, if that's what you're thinking. I won't get like that again. I promise." She nuzzled the Growlithe in her arms and smiled. They worry too much... I'm not a fragile little girl anymore... I can take care of myself... And if I can't, then Molly can... Right? She thought of her encounter with her... stalker, and frowned. I couldn't take care of myself then... What if there's nobody to save me next time? Holly sighed. "Too much worrying will get me nowhere..."

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2015
    Xander Blaze

Xander grinned as the young people approached the table. "Ah! Welcome, girls. I'm-" His sentence was cut short as he was momentarily distracted by a glimmer of orange light. That girl's necklace looked extremely familiar. But Xander didn't have the time to ponder this right now. "I'm Mr. Blaze, a new teacher here."

Addressing the more extroverted girl's question, he responded simply, "Sign-ups are at that other table." He gestured vaguely to his left where a different table with clipboards on it was stationed. Before he could explain what he was doing, another student came up behind them. Xander chuckled to himself as he remembered that he wasn't to be the center of attention here. He spoke clearly and briefly to the three of them. "Here. All of you. Take one. It's a TM for Hidden Power. You can use it on any or all of your Pokémon before the battles start, if you wish. If you like what you see, or, if you feel your performance today is less than adequate, I hope I'll see you three in my Battle Tactics class."

Looking directly at the more withdrawn of the two girls, he smirked. "Good luck."

Nillemi

Under my Rock
    Years
  • Ellie Ward - Outside the school

Ellie, Now catching her breath after her short sprint, Finally made it to the battlefield. Judging from the students gathered around the tables it's safe to assume she was not late. Quickly she pushes herself up to the registration table and signs her name down, Not wanting to risk missing a slot in the tournament. What kind of format is this tournament anyway?

Relatively new to the school, she knew there was no way she was going to win. However, this is her opportunity to impress people. She might have very poor grades in the class room but she knows how to battle. Plus she still has her Trump Card provided that Nellie Cooperates long enough to use it.

Noticing a small group crowding near a teacher at a table, Ellie scoots along the wall in attempt to hear their conversation without looking like she's snooping (Which she totally is). Maybe one of them knew more about the tournament and what to expect.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 21, 2017
    [FONT=&quot]Jordan Gregson - Dorms[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot]'Gastly, quit messing around with my stuff!' A sock flew past Jordan's face and landed near a curious Pumpkaboo, who prodded it with his foot. She let out a sharp breath. 'You're making this about 20 times harder than it has to be, man.'
    Gastly laughed, throwing more clothes around the room in glee. All Jordan could do was sigh and forget the discarded shirts and trousers now decorating her new bedroom floor. The most important thing was trying to get to the bottom of her suitcase without Gastly breaking everything. A shirt hit the back of her head. 'Hey, don't encourage him, Pumpkaboo.' There was a faint giggle from behind and another burst of laughter from Gastly at the antics. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The journey had been less of a hassle than she had anticipated. A train up to Coumarine City then a boat ride across the ocean had landed her on this small island with just an application form and suitcase to her name. For all of her travelling around as a child, it only occurred to Jordan as she stepped foot back onto land that she was - this time - genuinely on her own. She was unsure if this made her feel liberated or uncomfortable.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]There was no time to dwell, however. The woman who had led her up to her new room told her of a tournament soon to take place. Jordan had no intention of joining in the battling, but there was no harm in watching.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]With another sigh she snatched a floating shirt from the air. 'C'mon guys. This is getting nowhere fast.'[/FONT]

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Dalex Yukashi -

Dalex watched as another guy walked up to the girl named Holli. The silence had felt like it had lasted forever. So when the other guy came into the picture, he was happy. The boy didn't looked about the same age as well.

"I am still new here, but there was a female on the road to Oak Town. I am not sure if it is who you are looking for, but it seems you have no clue. If it helps though, there was a guy with her. My name is Dalex by the way. This is my Treecko."

Dalex was not sure what to say right away. He needed to drop his stuff up at his room. But he didn't want to leave out of the blue.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Samantha Felicity Cooper

"More ready than you think," she said smugly to Mark. It wouldn't be long until he saw just how much she'd developed as a Trainer. They might have battled side by side against Team Rocket but those had been chaotic affairs, a struggle to keep track of your own life. There wasn't a doubt in her mind that Mark still saw her as the weak Trainer she had been on her first day here. Today was when he would learn that she was a contender!

Sammy was taken aback by the teachers generous offer of a TM, she knew from the TM's she'd bought earlier that day how expensive they could be. To just give them out like this must be costing the guy a fortune... but hey! Never look a gift Blitzle in the mouth. She wasn't about to test out an unknown move during the tournament but that didn't mean she wouldn't find a use for it later on.

"Thanks!" She grabbed one of the TM's on offer. "Hey Amber, don't miss out on this, someone else'll snap them all up if you don't."

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
    Years

• Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm
    Outside

Shawn looks down a little as Kayla told him what happened to Holly. He was about to respond when he heard the announcement that the tournament would begin soon and everyone wanting to participate should go to Battlefield 7. A grin quickly spread across his face at the words but soon faded as quick as it came. He really wanted to be in the tourney but finding Holly would have to take priority over that right now. But where to start looking?

It was then that he heard the boy that was with them. He mentioned the fact that he saw a girl heading to Oak Town and introduce himself as Dalex. Shawn turned to the boy and the Treecko that was with him and nodded. "I'm Shawn," he responded, "Pleasure to meet you two but I wish it were under better circumstances. Thanks for the suggestion, by the way, and hopefully we'll see you at the tournament. That is, if we're not too late."

He then turned to Kayla and placed a hand on her shoulder, smiling at her. "Don't worry, we'll find her and hopefully get this mess straightened out once and for all," Shawn spoke as he looked into her eyes. "Let's go check the town first, then maybe back towards the school."

timemagetim

Timemagetim
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2015
    Name: Gismo Timothy Maple

Nickname: N/A

Sex: Male

Dorm: Entei

Appearance: Five foot Nine, Blond Hair, Brown eyes, Tanned Skin, Attempts to look nice but usually coated in dirt. He wears a black bandanna and baggy shorts as well as short sleeved t-shirts with various symbols on them.

Personality: He is loud and boisterous making friends and starting conversations easily. He is extremely knowledgeable about Pokemon and their strengths and weaknesses. He is well versed in geography and biological fields. However he is terrible at organization and remembering assignments or to study. He has Executive Dysfunction and beneath his exterior suffers from Mild Depression. He frequently feels that people around him look down on him or are only humoring him to spare his feelings no matter how long they have been friends. Despite this he has an exterior air of apathy towards others opinions of himself. When truly challenged and interested he will throw himself into a complex problem often to the exclusion of all else even if the problem is mostly unimportant. He is extremely kind and gravitates towards the black sheep of any given group. he often dives headfirst into trouble without first thinking about it. Frequently he can quickly think a way back out of said trouble. Other times not so much. He is fiercely protective of anyone who is being bullied and of all Pokemon but will simply allow people to use him as a punching bag with little resistance.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): Gismo grew up on a berry farm. His mother and father both were berry farmers. He really enjoyed living there because his whole life he had an obsession with berries and other things that grew. despite living on a berry farm he had several potted berry bushes growing right there in his room. His older brother was an accomplished Pokemon breeder. His parents were loving but frequently off on their own business leaving him and his older brother to keep the farm running, and his brother to raise him. He grew up looking up to his brother. He had few friends growing up considering his isolated lifestyle so his older brother gave him an egg one day after he had a falling out with their parents. He told Gismo to take care of the egg and the Pokemon that hatched from it would love him as much as his big brother. He cried for days after his brother left. He blamed his parents for driving away the one friend he had out on the middle of nowhere and planned on running away himself to chase after his brother Before he had the chance to run off after his brother the egg hatched into a wonderful little Sableye. He knew that the little thing needed his protection and love and so he decided that he would stay for now but Gismo decided while holding that little Pokemon that he would follow in his brothers footsteps and become a world class Pokemon breeder. He dove into personal studies of Pokemon and of breeding. he learned that his parents berries could have all kinds of effect on Pokemon in battles as well. He began to explore the woods around the farm more and more. He and his Sableye grew together until they were inseparable. She never lived in her pokeball. They started training in a dark part of the woods where other ghost types liked to congregate. This was where he eventually caught his other two ghost type Pokemon. He heard about the academy online and saw the famous names of children sent there. With lots of requests to his parents and a generous donation from his uncle of his father's side who was a wealthy Pokemon researcher in his own right he was soon on his way to the academy. He let home without saying goodbye to his parents and never looked back.

Pokémon:
    Species: Sableye
    Nickname: Amethyst
    Personality: Very protective of her trainer having been raised from the egg by him. She is curious and more than a little mischievous. She is a proud little thing and a bit vain about the gems embedded in her hide. Particularly the Amythyst in her chest.
    Lvl: 30
    Moves: Will-O-Wisp, Confuse Ray, Shadow Ball, Dazzling Gleam, Recover, Metronome

Species: Ghastly
    Nickname: Scoot
    Personality: Being very young he is still quite immature. He zips around and often picks fights that he can't handle. He is light hearted but headstrong and sensitive about his small size, being about five inches in diameter.
    Lvl: 10
    Moves: Lick, Hypnosis, Shadow Ball, Mimic

Species: Phantump
    Nickname: Knot
    Personality: Timid and mistrusting at first of people and of most Pokemon however has an extreme love for things that grow often unabashedly fascinated by other grass types. The key to her heart is to be fed some delicious berries.
    Lvl: 12
    Moves: Ingrain, Leech Seed, Feint Attack, Protect, Forest's Curse

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Dalex Yukashi:

Dalex listened as Shawn introduced himself. He then heard the announcement about the tournament that the person at the woman at the front had told him about after he first arrived. As he did, he figured it was time to show his true self.

"If you are looking for someone missing or just ran away, let me help with one thing." Dalex said.

He put down his berry back and reached for his waist. He grabbed Fletchling's poke ball and threw it is the air.

'Fletch Fletch' The red Fletchling chirped as it appeared from the pokeball.

"Fletchling search the road between here and Oak Town to see if that girl is still on the road. See if the boy is still with her as well. I am gonna run to my room and drop this stuff off!" Dalex yelled to Fletchling as it flapped over head.

The little red Fletchling nodded and started to fly north.

"Let me go drop this stuff off at my room and I will be back. If you leave before I return, I will catch up to let you know if the girl is still there or not. Then I will go my own way if you two wish to search for her alone.." Dalex said as he picked up his stuff from the ground and started toward the Entei Dorm.

timemagetim

Timemagetim
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2015
    Gismo walked down the road dragging his gear. He had dragged his bags from the port on a little wagon that had been provided. As he walked his little Sableye, Amythyst, carried his berry bag along next to him. His little Ghastly and Phantump floated along next to them, both physically not strong enough to help carry anything. Gismo could see the school rising up in the distance as well as the battlefields beyond that full of students practicing their battling.

He could see his new home growing in the distance. He recognized the Entei Dorm immediately from the pictures. Amythyst looked up at him and pointed towards it excitedly. "Yes sweetie, We're almost there." He grinned at the little ghost and picked her up putting her on his shoulder.

He watched a Fletchling sail over head as he neared the academy. "Come along little ones, we have to go get settled in." He returned his Ghastly and Phantump to their pokeballs and began to carry his baggage up into his new room.

Gismo walked down the road dragging his gear. He had dragged his bags from the port on a little wagon that had been provided. As he walked his little Sableye, Amythyst, carried his berry bag along next to him. His little Ghastly and Phantump floated along next to them, both physically not strong enough to help carry anything. Gismo could see the school rising up in the distance as well as the battlefields beyond that full of students practicing their battling.

He could see his new home growing in the distance. He recognized the Entei Dorm immediately from the pictures. Amythyst looked up at him and pointed towards it excitedly. "Yes sweetie, We're almost there." He grinned at the little ghost and picked her up putting her on his shoulder.

He watched a Fletchling sail over head as he neared the academy. "Come along little ones, we have to go get settled in." He returned his Ghastly and Phantump to their pokeballs and began to carry his baggage up into his new room.

Back