• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie's Post

Valorie glanced at Brian. Perhaps she would listen to him if she wasn't fairly sure there were emergency vehicles on the island that could go a lot faster than they could ever hope to. She dialed up the school and talked to someone for a moment, requesting medical help. After yet another moment she seemed to get hold of someone.

"Um... Hi. We have a student here who's badly hurt. Can't make it back on his own. Can you send an emergency vehicle out or som-What do you-but I-...okay..."

Valorie cupped her hand over the phone for a moment.

"She said she'd help me check him and we should start moving him ourselves if it turns out we can..."

Valorie grimaced. She did not really like the idea of getting down and dirty. The sight of blood made her nauseous, much less touching it. Yet, she didn't really have a choice. Holding the phone to one ear with one hand she began to check Skye for any damage that would make moving him dangerous under the guidance of a professional. She felt uncomfortable and queasy, but only let it show through her expression, an uncomfortable frown.

(Need Skye's roleplayer to give the diagnosis before Valorie can.)

MacKenzie's Post

Mackenzie followed Brogan's gaze to the mouth of the cave, She nodded and proceeded to follow. It wouldn't be until they were well or of earshot that she spoke up. Her tone was as casual as ever.

"So... Girl girl aiming to kick some serious butt?"

Normally, one might think they were being teased. However, this was MacKenzie, not a normal human being. She was remarking on the non-mainstream nature of what Brogan had done. This was a show of respect as far as MacKenzie went. Though she was quite subtle about it. Her casualty made it hard to tell when she ever cared, about anything. After a moment, she pulled out one of her apricorn balls and examined it as if bored. Her sense of duty as a trainer was also pretty casual. Unknowable to Brogan, MacKenzie was subtly analyzing the cave around them, considering the possibilities of what they could find in there.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • she/her/they/them
  • Home
  • Seen yesterday
Skye let out a harsh breath, trying to see what was trying to move his arm. He wouldn't recommend that if he was able to say anything. Unfortunately, his eyes were slightly swollen shut and his throat had decided to stop being useful for a second time that day.

Rama transformed back into a Zorua and hissed at Valorie. "Stop it you idiot! His shoulder's all screwed up."

"Cool it dude," Volca mumbled. "She's tying to figure out what's wrong with him."

"Well, there's that," Rama grumbled and padded gently over his trainer's body. The boy twitched. His ribs were bruised but none broken. His right arm had been bitten earlier by a Fire Fang, and something had torn up his left leg. Other than those, most of the injuries would be considered minor bruises and cuts in a normal setting.

Skye tried to talk but coughed. His throat was burning again.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Selene
Sel watched anxiously as Valorie checked over Skye, assuming that she was receiving instruction from the Nurse over her phone, hoping that they would have either the all clear to move them soon or indication that help was (rapidly) approaching - staying out here was giving her the creeps and she was, perhaps somewhat selfishly, feeling anxious to make sure they were being cared for so she could get training soon...she wanted to get out battling and this was an unexpected diversion that the selfish part of Selene didn't appreciate. But ultimately her friends' well-being was paramount, given preference over her own training.

To this end, Sel looked over at Valorie and mouthed 'We also have Ri if we can move them, let her know' and hoping that she had picked up the message adequately - she didn't want a vehicle being sent out if they could be making their way already, seeing as Ri could probably outrun a vehicle if he tried hard enough.

Meanwhile, Gordon and Ryan had grown angry at Thyme's words, but then even angrier at Rama's...their understanding and empathy over their physical pain and the fear for their trainers could only excuse so much. Ultimately they were trying to help - would Thyme and Rama had preferred them to leave Skye and Bri to help themselves? Or, better yet, leave their Pokemon to sort it out?

"Oi," growled Ryan up at Thyme and then over at Rama, somewhat uncharacteristically for his easy-going nature, "Shut it both of you or I swear to God you will be the ones in hospital. I don't care how hurt you are, and I understand that you are worried about your Trainers, but while our Trainers are assisting yours you bloody well show them some respect okay? They don't HAVE to do this you know. It isn't a prerequisite for coming here. It's because they appreciate Bri's help in the forest and they like them that they're helping. So you two just PIPE DOWN OR I WILL SHUT YOU BOTH UP!" he screamed suddenly, his anger bursting out in an accidental Thunderbolt that Gordon leapt out of the way of, growling at Ryan. "Dude...as much as I agree with you, do try not to fry me yeah?"

Brogan
Wandering into the cave, Brogan heard Mackenzie's words but didn't turn around for a moment until she was far enough inside, before looking Mackenzie up and down slowly - not particularly unkindly but just to read her enough before responding. She was strangely...well, strange. Her words and her body language didn't seem to match up particularly...in short, Brogan was quite strangely having some difficulty reading her and this was concerning...and also strangely appealing.

Smiling shortly at her, Brogan nodded and looked around her. "You could say that I suppose...whilst I'm stuck here I may aswell do something to occupy my time..." she drawled slightly, nuding a rock with her toe...nope, no Pokemon. "So, why are you here? Would I be correct in assuming you were forced to?" she asked with forced lightness, her mind partially fixed on the boy outside and what was happening there, partially fixed on the fact her XTransciever still hadn't sounded with any update from Alex...if he hadn't learnt his lesson...

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • she/her/they/them
  • Home
  • Seen yesterday
Rama looked at Ryan with a furious sneer but kept quiet. He would lose if he fought right now, as much as he would enjoy tearing Ryan a new one for being a flatout jerk. Volca gave him a cool look and he said nothing, not looking apologetic, merely amused. "I'm not a respec-" Volca covered his mouth with string.

"Sorry dude," he told Ryan, not even looking bothered at the Pikachu's threat. "But cut Rama some slack okay? He's normally a cool guy. None of us like seeing our humans in bad shape twice in one day. I'm sure you get it. Besides, unlike you and I, he's technically wild as they come and is a Zorua. That makes a kinda awkward mix ya know? He'll behave himself once he gets some sleep and doesn't have to deal with the possibility of this chick" He pointed at the still unconscious Eevee. "Trying to maul him for any reason other than her overprotective crazy."

(Okay I'm going to say it: Volca is secretly a time traveler from the seventies. ;))

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype looked back outside the doors. "...It's almost night time. I know ghosst favor the night. Perhaps you and your friends can help us Carry Bri and Skye back to the Pokemon Center. If you all work together we should be able to get them there in record time." Snype said. "We can't afford to waste any time... If you can gather as many ghosts as you can, we can use them to carry the two of them. Can you do that?"

Thyme was struggling to get out of Mark's grasp. "H...hey! Careful!" Mark got down onto his knees and let Thyme out of his arms. He couldn't just carry Bri or Skype in their condition. He would end up hurting them worse most likely...

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
"Stow it fluffy. I am grateful for what they are doing, but those two could DIE! Gah, don't you get that? And I'm willing to bet you'd be the same way if your trainer was the one that was laying there hurt!" Thyme said with venom. She stumbled toward Bri, and almost fell flat on her face. Drizzle helped her up and she walked over to Brian and crawled into his arms. She was getting sick of all of these people. She desperately wanted to slap that annoying Pikachu until he shut his yap. But, in the state she was in she had to settle for glaring daggers at Ryan. Drizzle looked over at Thyme.
"Hey, chill out Thyme! Ryan may be a little... Angry. But he kind of has a point," Drizzle said to her. He then turned to Ryan.
"And you! If you ever threaten her again, I'll make sure you're the one in the hospital, do I make myself clear? Good! Now, let's all just calm down and let the humans sort this out. They know better than we do in this matter," Drizzle said, his tone light until he spoke to Ryan. That's when it turned serious. Nova nudged him and he cooled down a bit.
"And I thought I was the hot headed one," Nova grumbled.
"Only when it comes to her," Drizzle said with a sly grin. Thyme ignored him.

"I... I don't know. Most of us won't leave the dorm. I-I only left because, well, I had to!" Misdreavus said. Now that she had calmed down, she had begun floating around anxiously. The other ghosts seemed to be content to let her speak for them. After all, she was right. Really, how many ghosts did you see outside of this dorm anyway?

Last edited:

SelenaStar

Years
Ryan (in place of Selene haha)

Ryan turned to Drizzle, folding his arms and laughing loudly. "Oh yeah little Water Weasel, I'd like to see you try...she ever talks about my Trainer like that when they're doing what they think is best and I will do," he walked up to Drizzle, full of rage and poked him in the chest, punctuating each word, "Whatever. I. Want. To. Do. Now am I clear? Good." Glaring one final time at Drizzle, he turned around and laughed in Thyme's face - he was beyond furious. These pathetic Pokemon...how dare they talk about Selene and Valorie like that, and then even try to threaten him afterwards? Ha, ridiculous.

Gordon sensed danger and was in two minds...get involved and cause an all out war or calm Ryan down...with a sigh he decided on the latter, figuring that now wasn't exactly the time to start a mass Pokemon war. Although he really felt like searing those Pokemon for what they had said...not that he liked Selene, obviously, but still...the Trainer he was with now...they should have some respect. "Okay Ry, let's just cool it man..." he pulled Ryan back, ignoring the glare that was directed at him and turned to Drizzle and Thyme, making sure he was loud enough to be heard by Rama too. "As the only voice of reason here, all I will say is that if the roles are reversed, we would never talk about your Trainers with such disrespect when we were fully aware they were only trying to do their best with the knowledge and resources available. No matter how hurt they were or we were. There are certain lines you just don't cross, and even I know that. I suggest you just leave it now because I won't be able to restrain Ryan forever..." he pushed Ryan towards Selene and gave Drizzle and Thyme one last pointed look before walking over to Selene, who glanced up at them.

"I don't want to know what was going on there, but both of you cut it out," she said sternly, eyebrows slanted into a frown as she watched her Pokemon evenly, her suspicions confirmed as Ryan moved somewhat sheepishly and Gordon's face turned mulish.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • she/her/they/them
  • Home
  • Seen yesterday
"What am I, chopped liver?" Volca joked, glancing at the Zorua, who shrugged and curled up. He had already forgotten his anger, the fickle little idiot. "I'm sure we get it. And there's a line between flat out insult and disrespect and the words of someone impatient, scared, and not in entire control of their actions or words. I apologize for Rama's rude remarks because believe me, he never will. And threats are not building a good image of you or your trainer in his eyes, just telling ya. Sorry mate, not bein' offended I hope."

Megaman765

Years
Snype shook his head left and right. "But they're hurt... It's really not that bad out there! I'm a ghost myself and I'm not complaining! Just this once... you have to help them. If you help them to the Pokemon center I'm sure they will forgive you for this." Snype said with a smile. "Please just this once... help our friends. Trust me. It's actually a pretty nice place outside in the dark night. Can you trust a fellow ghost?" The ghost could all work together to carry both Bri and Skye to a Pokemon Center... it would be perfect. They could carry them straight through the walls and everything... if only they would cooperate. He had to convince them it wasn't so bad outside the dorm. Ghost's should see what it's like to be outside in the night.

Mark was curious of what Snype was doing... If he was taking this much time in there it had to be something good...

Dawn

Years
Valorie's Post

Dragonair promptly had her attention drawn to Ryan. She was uncomfortable with the attacks getting wildly thrown. Meanwhile, Valorie flinched and took in a deep breath as electricity was shot off, getting distracted momentarily. After having checked Skye out, it didn't seem that moving him was a large risk. She looked up at Selene and then at Ri.

"It doesn't look like moving him is a big risk, but it's probably a good idea to handle him gently... She said to bring him if we thought we could."

She then looked at Selene expectantly, seeming to wait for her to decide what to do. She wasn't sure whether Ri or Dragonair were the better option, to be frank.

Mackenzie's Post

MacKenzie actually frowned when Brogan asked why she was at the academy. Sure, it was only a casual frown, but unusual all the same. She then placed her hands on her hips, speaking up.

"Yeah, I guess forced is a pretty good way to describe it. My parents signed me up. They're kind of lame, so I figured at least if I came here I wouldn't really have to deal with them much anymore."

She then paused for a moment before continuing.

"The drama among the students is kind of amusing to watch, though."

She smiled lightly, seeming to reminisce about something or another.

Nideous

Years
"Hey man, chill out will ya? I'm cool. I just don't like when people pick on my friends, that's all. And you know Thyme... When is she nice to anybody, ever?" Drizzle said, raising his paws up. Thyme looked over at Ryan.
"I guess I was a tad bit... Overzealous," she mumbled. She had been downright pushy, and she knew it. But she was never going to admit it. Not to Ryan, at any rate. And that was about as close as he was going to get to an apology. She felt immensly better now that she was back with Brian, even if he did only seem dimly aware of her presence. She was worried about him.

Misdreavus vanished for a few moments. Tense muttering could be heard from all directions, and she soon reappeared.
"Um... Only some of them will help. Sorry, but I can't convince anymore than that. Please, tell them we're sorry. Some of us at any rate," Misdreavus said. She glared at a section of the wall. Several ghosts floated around her. She miandered her way outside, drifting in a lazy pattern. She flew around Skye a moment.
"We're really sorry, can you let us start to try and make it right? We want to take your human to that place to get healed," Misdreavus said to Rama, the one that seemed to be in charge of the rest of Skye's pokemon. She didn't want to go without him saying yes. She didn't want to make him think they were trying to hurt the human... Again.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • she/her/they/them
  • Home
  • Seen yesterday
Rama shrugged. "Go ahead... I'm not group leader, that's maggot over there." he waved a paw at Volca, who playfully set his tail on fire for a second. Rama blew it out and snorted.

"Go on girl," Volca stated. "No harm in helping I'm guessing. You're sorry so do your best."

"Sap," snorted Rama. Pala squeaked at them all, mostly at Gordon and Ryan. She was really confused. Adults were weird, she decided, getting to her paws.

Megaman765

Years
Snype smiled happily. "Thank you." He simply said as he followed Misdreavus out the door to where the others where at. Several ghosts appeared out of the mansion, talking to Skye's pokemon for permission to help Skye. Snype was happy that the ghosts had agreed to help.

Mark was pretty shocked himself to see how Snype convinced most of the ghosts to help carry Skye. He was proud at how good of a talker Snype could be... with the ghosts helping, Skye would be there in no time!

Nideous

Years
(OOC: I wonder how the others will react to a bunch of ghosts whisking Skye and Brian away. It should be classic. :D)

Misdreavus nodded. Several of the ghosts carefully picked Skye up and began floating toward the pokemon center. She turned to Bri and Drizzle.
"Um... Yeah, we want to help!" she told him. He grinned and waved them to come on. Thyme looked around nervously at them as they picked Bri up.
"Drizzle! I'll have your head for this!" she yelled as she and Bri were carried away. Drizzle chuckled and turned to the others. Nova had run off down the road to join Bri on his flight back. Misdreavus turned to the humans present.
"Look, I'm really really sorry about what we've done. We're taking them to the... Um... Ah! Pokemon Center! That's the word Snype used! We feel bad, and want to help," she said in perfect human. Drizzle was impressed. When did she learn that?

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • she/her/they/them
  • Home
  • Seen yesterday
Pala watched in baby awe before Rama picked her up. "Come on now, before the kis realize you have no ID and can be caught still." he walked off with her.

"Pack mule," Ellie cracked from on Volca.

"Morning Sleeping Beauty. You owe me a battle."

"Why?"

"He acted like you," Volca supplied.

Ellie snickered. "Nice. How's Skye?"

"on a Ghost taxi."

"... Not gonna ask."

Megaman765

Years
Mark was rather suprised by the scene of ghosts carrying away both Bri and Skye away to the Pokemon Center. He was more shocked to hear Misdreavus talking in human language. Mark said to the others. He could tell the other ghosts didn't mean harm as they were all heading straight to the Pokemon center. So this was Snype's idea... he really deserved a pat on the back. "We appreciate the help." Mark said to Misdreavus. He looked down to Snype and smiled at him.

Snype gave off a large smile happy to be of help. He looked over to Misdreavus. "Good to see they'll be alright. How ya feeling? Seems like you've had quite a day miss." Snype said to Misdreavus happily.

SelenaStar

Years
Selene
Ryan snorted, not completely satisfied but willing to drop the matter. He knew that Thyme wasn't the kind f Pokemon to offer up an apology, this was the closest he would get. Glancing at them all, his ears lowered slightly and he nodded to them, Thyme in particular, and although he was still irritated he addressed them all "and I am sorry for making threats in these unusual circumstances. I'm just very protective of Selene, especially when she herself was so unwell yesterday and still managed to help veryone in the forest without saying rude or mean."

Sel was about to answer Valorie when her eyes widened...ghosts emerged from the Lugia dorm and carried Bri and Skye in the direction of the Pokemon Centre...well, that was one way of doing it she supposed, but she couldn't help but wonder what the reaction would be at the Pokemon Centre, surely there would be more than a few startled pokemon and trainers...

Speaking of which, she turned to Valorie to see how she was doing...knowing that she was ever so slightly jumpy around Ghost pokemon made her worry that she was about to majorly freak out. Standing up, she walked over to her with Ryan, Gordon, Ri and Cat following and placed a hand on her arm, almost standing between her and the Ghosts - and she wasn't completely sure why...they weren't posing a threat but Selene didn't want Valorie to be afraid - after all, she did promise to protect her!

Brogan
At Mackenzie's words, Brogan's ears began finally paying attention...hmm. She knew she liked this girl for a reason...this could be most useful information for her. Releasing Lapras and Wartortle casually, Brogan considered how best to play this...Mackenzie wasn't your normal person, of that she was certain, but for some reason she believed that she could talk to her without fear of retribution.

"Same here," she replied to this end, watching as Wartortle pounced over a rock, slamming an unsuspecting Geodude with his Water Gun, noticing that Lapras was also observing him closely as though examining his technique. "parents hey?" she asked brightly, attempting to forge the common grounds for their attending here against their wills.

"dramas hmm?" she questioned in a light tone, reaching the topic she was keenest to discuss. She could almost feel her mind begin to pay more attention, ready to absorb every detail it heard - if there was one thing Brogan was good at, it was remembering group politics to use at a later date. "like what exactly?"

Dawn

Years
Valorie's Post

Valorie stared at Selene for a moment before becoming aware of movement near Skye. Were... were those ghosts? Ghosts were stealing Skye! Why did she have any reason to believe they weren't after his soul or something awful like that? It wasn't as if anyone had let her in on Snype's plan. She sucked in a slow, deep breath, her face paling in fear. She began to tremble slightly.

Before she could let out a shriek, she felt a soft hand on her arm, a familiar figure moving into her view. It successfully distracted her enough to prevent aforementioned shriek. She looked up at Selene and closed her mouth after a moment, swallowing a nervous lump in her throat and looking down to hide her mild embarrassment. It didn't seem like Selene was concerned. Was she missing something? She suddenly felt stupid and naive, as if the world itself was mocking her for not understanding. This frustrated her greatly. Why didn't she understand? Why did everyone else seem to understand? She began to pull a Charmeleon and angst hard over this. She moved to take Selene's hand. It was a friendly, mildly affectionate gesture mostly intended for mutual comfort.

Meanwhile, Dragonair just sort of made a face at the ghosts. What in the world did they think they were doing just taking him like that? She couldn't figure out what was going on, and just sort of stared at the ghosts quizzically. Was she supposed to stop them? It didn't seem like it, but she had her doubts.

MacKenzie's Post

Mackenzie rolled her eyes when Brogan brought up parents. She then replied in a tone filled with mild disgust. Brogan seemed like an okay girl. Maybe not her definition of cool, but she really didn't care how cool someone was unless they were her enemies. Cool and uncool friends alike could only make her look cooler in her eyes, though she honestly preferred the latter.

"No kidding."

She then sent out Mew, her Tangela, and Melody, her Jigglypuff. Mew looked up at MacKenzie, receiving an expecting look combined with hands on hips body language. Oh, he got it. Work. Mew promptly turned and wandered off, whereas Melody stared intently at a suspicious looking rock. She then wound up and punched said rock with a focus punch, sending an awoken geodude flying into a wall. Even with a type disadvantage it KO'd the pokemon. Mackenzie smiled at this lightly.

"Well..."

MacKenzie proceeded on to begin casually gossiping about the latest drama in the school, mainly discussing NPCs for the time being. She'd mention how two boys got in a fight, or how some young shallow couple was having a dramatic breakup, and she would comment on some of the weird quirks some people had.

"This one girl was like, /obsessed/ with math references. She asked me if I was out of my /vector/."

MacKenzie had a light note of contempt as she went on and on about current affairs. It wasn't outright venom, but it was light mocking none-the-less. Then of course she brought a particular instance up. In this case, she sounded a bit more interested than she had before rather than mocking.

"There's also this one girl. Name's Valorie? I checked her out when she was acting weird around another girl, Selene. I could tell by the look on her face and her body language. She definitely has some sort of love interest in that other girl. The thing is though? That other girl, Selene? Totally oblivious, and Valorie didn't seem to have the spine to speak up about it!"

At this point, MacKenzie was grinning. Weird. She secretly very much desired to see where those two would end up. The result was that she was tempted to personally interfere, though she hadn't come up with a specific plan how.

Meanwhile, Mew found a rather suspicious looking wall and shot off a leaf storm at it, sharp leaves flying towards the wall and harshly hitting most of it... only for nothing to happen. Mew looked disappointed for a moment, just before several Geodude fainted in a rather belated fashion, falling off the wall. Geodude. Those things were everywhere if you searched hard enough.

Nideous

Years
Drizzle sighed. Ryan just wasn't getting it was he?
"Look pal. I get it. I really do. But don't forget that Brian and Thyme were there yesterday too. How they risked their lives to get the rest of everyone's pokemon. But that's not important. Right now, all that matters to me are Bri and Thyme. Sorry about what I said. Now, I've got to go after them. Knowing Thyme, she'll be freaking out by now," Drizzle said with a smile. He took off down the road.

Thyme was indeed freaking out. This was a new one for her.
"Hey! Where are you taking us?! What are you doing!? What-" she was shouting as she sat in Bri's arms.
"Shut up Thyme! They're helping!" Nova said as he came trotting up. Brian mumbled something, but Thyme couldn't understand what he said.
"Wee! I'm flying!" he said after a moment. Thyme smiled and simmered down. Brian was so silly. That wasn't the concussion talking, Brian was really like that. Thyme turned and saw the pokemon center in front of them. She gasped when the ghosts ahead of her floated through the wall with Skye. Misdreavus came floated past them and went through the wall herself. Thyme was even more surprised when the ghosts carrying her and Brian went through the wall in a different spot. They set Brian down on a bed. Thyme looked around and saw she was in a different room than Skye. She could hear Misdreavus in the next room making a fuss until someone came. She then floated through the wall into Brian's room.
"In here too!" She shouted in the human language. A nurse walked ibto the room and she dropped through the floor.
"Thyme! There you are! We've been really worried! Oh my goodness! Brian!" the nurse said. Thyme sighed and let the nurse move her to a different spot so she could check Brian out. Finally. This was all over. She found herself growing tired, and she was in a lot of pain. Maybe going out there had been a stupid idea. Another nurse came in and started trying to move her. Thyme was livid. They were not going to take her away from Brian. After a few smacks from her vines, the nurse was scolded by the first one.
"Leave her! They need to be together. Thyme is Brian's Snivy," she said. The second hurse nodded and gave Thyme some pill. After a moment, she was asleep.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • she/her/they/them
  • Home
  • Seen yesterday
Thanks God Rama could track. They found Skye's scent in a random room. Nurses were rapidly examining him and doing... something. Ellie couldn't tell from the angle she was at. A nurse looked down at the little group. "You little ones are going to have to leave. This boy needs medical attention." Ellie raised a paw and pointed at Skye. Somehow, the woman got it. She sighed. "Very well, but let us look at you all first. You look pretty terrible yourselves." Ellie sighed. That was the unfortunate truth. Pala did not accept that though and waddled to climb next to Skye's head.

"Miss, we need to fix his shoulder," another nurse stated from one side of the bed.

"Yes, I'm well aware. Go ahead," the first commented, lifting Ellie so the other Pokemon could follow.

"But miss," the younger protested. "He's conscious!"

"He's endured so far," the first told her as she exited. "It won't make much of a difference. Get some pain medication when you're done, his file has the correct type." Ellie saw the other's torn expression before she did as she was told. Ellie winced as they left. Bone setting was no joke. Ouch.

Back