• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] The PokeCommunity Game-Along V: The Gaming Strikes Back

Years

• May - Bits n' Pieces

With gaming, as with all things, we all so often get caught up in the superficial. But at the core, the idea of what a game is has little to do with crazy graphics or the flow of its animation. Besides, you can do a lot with a simple aesthetic.

This month our theme is games with pixel art. So long as the visuals in your game are at least predominately pixel art, it counts.

Years
  • Oh perfect! This a great opportunity for me to try out Owlboy, which wil be my game for the month. I picked up a few years ago but haven't touched it yet. The visuals have always looked beautiful, and I LOVE well-done pixel art. Looking forward to it!

Years
  • Hmmm... This calls for some older game, maybe something from the Nintendo library. On the other hand, I also want to try something new, so let's say Void Stranger for now.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • (Omg I completely forgot it was a new month already.)

Tentatively going to play the original Final Fantasy (probably the GBA verison for ease of access), but we'll see what the month holds!

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • I don't have a lot of time this month for a long pixel art game, nor do I have any candidates that I've really been wanting to play lately. So for this month I'll go with The Legend of Zelda, one of my favorite old NES era games. It's not too long, and I always enjoy playing it.

Back