• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] The PokeCommunity Game-Along

Years
    Technically a little late, but hopefully close enough to count since I've been trying to balance it with GT and like fifty other things. I beat Exdeath for real this time and completed FJF. Holy shit was that a hard boss with my combination of level and line up. Won with two chemists and two red mages by essentially bombing the living shit out of him with Dark Matter after spending like 10 minutes just buffing myself so I didn't die.

pkmin3033

^ As long as you post before I put the next month up, it counts.

I'm on something of a hiatus at the moment, but I'll do my best to answer queries about this month's theme if anyone has them.

August - The Pacifist

I hope you got all that violence out of your system last month, because this month the theme is to do no harm! To clarify in brief:

- You are not allowed to inflict any kind of physical damage, whether it results in death or not. So even if your opponent "faints" or is "sent to the Shadow Realm" rather than outright dying, that is not allowed.
    - The above rule includes damage to the undead and inanimate. No loopholes here! Violence is violence.
    - You are not allowed to inflict any kind of psychological damage that results in death. This one is a little more ambiguous (after all, defeat of any kind can be very psychologically damaging, and words can be misconstrued) so you've got a little leeway here: as long as you're not responsible for the death of the subject, it's fine to have a battle of words.
    - If other people around you are committing violent acts that's fine, as long as you are not complicit in them. You can hardly be held responsible if someone goes ax-crazy and starts murdering people! We live in a violent world. As long as you, the player, don't participate in that, it's fine.
    - Note that for visual novels, the character whose POV you are reading from is classified as you in this instance, so if they are committing violent acts, that counts.

Obi-Wan Kenobi said it best: there are alternatives to fighting. So, go find an alternative!

Years
    I'll have to think a bit on this one. Either I can make my life miserable by doing a pacifist run in something or I can pick a game that specifically does not include violence.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Hmm, I think I'll finish up my replay of the first Ace Attorney (I'm on the last case so I'd feel disingenuous using it this month) and then replay the second one as my August game.

pkmin3033

If not, I could just do a Professor Layton game.
    Gotta say no on this one, since you all vote who to punish - i.e. murder - at the end of each chapter. Sorry!

Years
    My inicial plan was to play 7 Billions Humans. But then I found out that the workers there can die and you even have to kill them in few levels to finish it. So I think I'll go with Gone Home. Never played it before and it has been on my to-play list since I found out my former friend hates this game because it panders to LGBT. I think he called it "the worst game of the millenium". So I'm looking forward to it.

Bay

Years
    Oh, so I think I might have a game for this, but gonna run through this with you. So there's this in-progress game Toby Fox is making an Undertale spinoff game , Deltarune. I'm pretty sure it can qualify the Pacifist run requirement because hey Undertale mechanics. What I'm worried about is it's not exactly a finished game and wonder if I can still play it for this month's theme.

(Also sorry if asking this late got distracted with Get Together and other things lol)

Years
    Oh, so I think I might have a game for this, but gonna run through this with you. So there's this in-progress game Toby Fox is making an Undertale spinoff game , Deltarune. I'm pretty sure it can qualify the Pacifist run requirement because hey Undertale mechanics. What I'm worried about is it's not exactly a finished game and wonder if I can still play it for this month's theme.

(Also sorry if asking this late got distracted with Get Together and other things lol)

You can't play Deltarune pacifist.

Bay

Years
    Oh right, kinda forgot there are a few instances where you can't be a pacifist oops. It's been a while since I watched a playthrough of that game been sitting dust on my laptop a long while

Haven't thought of a game yet for this month, not even sure if I'll have time but wouldn't hurt to ask haha.

Years
    Already finished Gone Home. The game is only about 90 minutes long, so I'm going to keep it short. I enjoyed the experience and didn't see a problem with the concept of less gameplay and more story. I got stucked right at the start, because I'm blind and couldn't find a key. And then again when I thought I visited all rooms, but totally missed the only one that mattered and that I had to go in to continue the story. But I enjoyed exploring the house, opening every cupboard and wardrobe, picking everything up and throw it away. Audio cassettes were fun to listen to. As someone who recorded few cassettes myself back in a day, I appreciate how painfully realistic they were. The story was fine, I wouldn't mind if it were longer.

Years
    Just finished playing through Journey. It's an absolutely beautiful game, both thematically and graphically. The music is also fantastic. I'm glad it's only 90 minutes or so in length though, not only would much longer have been too much for what Journey is, but I feel like the game actually has more impact as a single sitting.

Cherrim

Years
    i left things to the very last minute again. T_T it took me nearly the entire month just to force myself through case 1-5 in the first ace attorney game and then i had to cram the second game into a few days, more or less. I only started the last case this afternoon, oops!

Anyway, I rushed the heck out of it which isn't exactly how I like playing the games but oh well. At least I finished. u_u

pkmin3033

You're lucky I don't update this thread earlier in the morning. xD;

September - Modern Warfare

Before you ask: no, your task is not to play a Call of Duty game this month. I'm not quite that cruel. Rather, think of this as an opposite to the Swords and Sorcery month we had in May - only this time, throw out your blades and bows and pick up your firearm of choice, because this month you are tasked with playing a game using more advanced weaponry. I don't want to see a single blade anywhere - not even a Gunblade - unless it's a bayonet attached to the end of a rifle. There's no such thing as magic, so don't think you'll be curing those wounds away with a wave of your hand a flash of light.

So, a few details!

- The title of this month is actually a bit misleading: as long as you're using a firearm of some description as your main weapon of choice, the game counts. If you want to play something set in the distant past, or the hypothetical distant future, that's fine too!
    - As with the Swords and Sorcery month, you are allowed to have party members who use other weapons. It's not your fault that your companion brings a sword to a gunfight.
    - Modern Warfare month also includes vehicles - if you want to drive a tank or fly a plane, that's fine too.
    - You are not allowed to use magic, and nor are your companions.
    - You ARE, however, allowed to use any kind of alchemy. Alchemy is the forerunner of Chemistry! It's skirting the rules just a tad, but as there is a science behind it, it is acceptable. Plus it's a fairly safe bet that most Potion items were created through some sort of alchemical process, so a no alchemy rule alongside a no magic rule would mean no healing in a lot of RPGs. This rule also extends to Alchemist classes in RPGs.
    - In science fiction, any kind of advanced technology that functions in a similar way to a magic system in fantasy titles - think Biotics from Mass Effect as an example - is fine. It's not magic, it's just science that we don't understand yet. Probably.
    - For games that blur the line between science fiction and fantasy, use your common sense regarding the magic system. As a general rule, if there is an in-game, scientific explanation surrounding it, rather than just "this is magic" then it will probably be OK to use.

Questions, ask in here as always. Happy gaming!

Years
    Looking through my library, I have only like 5 games that would qualify for this month... So I have no idea what to play. I think I'll go with Bioshock Infinite. Last time I've played it was back when it was released.

pkmin3033

Would TLoU count? There's no swords or anything, but use of melee weapons like planks of wood, shivs and knives isn't super uncommon.
    Given that it's post-apocalyptic and very grounded in realism (if we ignore the zombies, anyway) and guns are intended to be your primary weapon, I'd say yes, that's fine.

Cherrim

Years
    I'm gonna assume Portal works for this? It's... technically a gun. I replayed Portal a couple months back and have been itching to replay Portal 2, too.

Back