• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: The PokeCommunity League!

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    Do tell me if this is already done okay? Sorrry its a Suggestion not FEEDBACK!
    PokeCommunity Should have a Battle Compettition and decide who will be the PokeCommunity Gym Leaders (8 Users :) )
    Same with TCGO :D
    We should also have Elite Fours :)
    It Could be A RMXP Pokemon Essential game? What do you think Maruno?
    The Towns and Cities could be named after some Users For Example: Hikamaru City: The City of Cute Stuff(Because she likes Cute stuff) Or MidnightShine City The City of Truth and Ideals (Because he is a BW 2 Fan,Biggest one ever.
    )

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I'm planning to make one sometime soon, but I've been busy as of late.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! What about gym leaders? i think that would be pretty keewl as well :D

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • I bet he meant Elite Four.
    We could really make it like the Pokemon Games.
    We could have a Tournament based on a Monotype team of your choice to claim the 8 spots for the 8 best Monotypes and you would just claim your team based off a type, and we could overlap teams.
    Then, we have a seperate OU tournament, and the top 4 people will be in the Elite 4 and they could have whatever Pokemon they'd like.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I bet he meant Elite Four.
    We could really make it like the Pokemon Games.
    We could have a Tournament based on a Monotype team of your choice to claim the 8 spots for the 8 best Monotypes and you would just claim your team based off a type, and we could overlap teams.
    Then, we have a seperate OU tournament, and the top 4 people will be in the Elite 4 and they could have whatever Pokemon they'd like.

Going off of that, with a tournament of monotypes to decide the Gym Leaders, you could have the people who round off the top 4 be trainers for the gym. That way challengers will have to go through them to get to the Gym Leader, but have those trainers have a max of 4 pokemon to give the challengers the advantage.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Going off of that, with a tournament of monotypes to decide the Gym Leaders, you could have the people who round off the top 4 be trainers for the gym. That way challengers will have to go through them to get to the Gym Leader, but have those trainers have a max of 4 pokemon to give the challengers the advantage.

I'm not so sure about this. The most difficult thing would be time zones. Besides, would you really want to battle five people just to get one badge? I think the top two people should be part of the gym. The one that won the tournament would be the official gym leader, while the person that came in second would be the gym trainer. The gym trainer would be able to fill in for the gym leader if the gym leader had to be inactive for a couple days, or if the time zones made it impossible for the gym leader to face a challenger.

I also think that there should be a gym for each type, but a challenger would only need eight badges to challenge the elite four. This way, the challenger wouldn't have to make a huge effort to make sure they battle each and every gym leader.

I'm just going to say something else that I've thought about and have had issues with in the past. With the monotype tournament selecting gym leaders, you're not really testing for which team is the best. What you're really testing for is which team is best angled to beat its own type. I could make a grass team completely angled to beat grass pokemon, and secure a gym leader spot, but completely fail at beating anything else. Plus, monotype battles are completely different than facing an opponent with a much more varied team. I would suggest having one person (or a group) in charge of testing each candidate who has applied for a gym leader role. The committee would go around challenging each candidate with a normal team, and get a feel for which candidate did the best job. Then, select the gym leaders from there.

I was an online gym leader for a little bit, so these are just some things I came up against. My two cents.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • I'm not so sure about this. The most difficult thing would be time zones. Besides, would you really want to battle five people just to get one badge? I think the top two people should be part of the gym. The one that won the tournament would be the official gym leader, while the person that came in second would be the gym trainer. The gym trainer would be able to fill in for the gym leader if the gym leader had to be inactive for a couple days, or if the time zones made it impossible for the gym leader to face a challenger.

I also think that there should be a gym for each type, but a challenger would only need eight badges to challenge the elite four. This way, the challenger wouldn't have to make a huge effort to make sure they battle each and every gym leader.

I'm just going to say something else that I've thought about and have had issues with in the past. With the monotype tournament selecting gym leaders, you're not really testing for which team is the best. What you're really testing for is which team is best angled to beat its own type. I could make a grass team completely angled to beat grass pokemon, and secure a gym leader spot, but completely fail at beating anything else. Plus, monotype battles are completely different than facing an opponent with a much more varied team. I would suggest having one person (or a group) in charge of testing each candidate who has applied for a gym leader role. The committee would go around challenging each candidate with a normal team, and get a feel for which candidate did the best job. Then, select the gym leaders from there.

I was an online gym leader for a little bit, so these are just some things I came up against. My two cents.

I actually really like this idea. Sounds pretty cool! It just has to be settled right though. Because then comes the rules... Can the trainer use potions? revives? so and so... I think Pokecommunity game would be freaking awesome :D

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • We actually had an in-depth discussion about something similar to this a while ago. Wolf already said he was working on this so we'll leave it to him. Won't hurt to hear of any additional things that may have been overlooked.

PS: If you guys are wondering about wifi leagues, you may as well drop the idea. The most recent wifi tourney is a bust from lack of inactivity and the current one that's active looks like it will suffer the same fate. Me and Necrum may try again in the future but in my case, my motivation is shot and it'll take a lot of support to get me revving again. Hopefully activity will shoot up enough that it'll be worth looking into trying another tournament. Also, several recent wifi leagues died terrible deaths.

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • We actually had an in-depth discussion about something similar to this a while ago. Wolf already said he was working on this so we'll leave it to him. Won't hurt to hear of any additional things that may have been overlooked.

PS: If you guys are wondering about wifi leagues, you may as well drop the idea. The most recent wifi tourney is a bust from lack of inactivity and the current one that's active looks like it will suffer the same fate. Me and Necrum may try again in the future but in my case, my motivation is shot and it'll take a lot of support to get me revving again. Hopefully activity will shoot up enough that it'll be worth looking into trying another tournament. Also, several recent wifi leagues died terrible deaths.
    So would we just use the PC Battle room/simulator instead of wi-fi? Looking forward to this , it could be a nice community feature.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • Basically yes, it's being set up for PC's Pokemon Showdown server. I don't know anything about it so further questions will have to be directed to Wolfy. (And hell if I remember what he's masquerading as nowadays.)

Back