• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokecommunity Pixel Over Dex- Revived!

dragonite149

I am not male
Years
  • Welcome to...
    ~The Pokecommunity Pixel Over Dex~
    ~Permission given by Logiedan~

Introduction:
    The aim is to make a Pixel Over of every pokemon. You can make a Pixel Over of any Pokemon at all, even Gen V ones. You can use any art at all, but give credit.
    This was inspired by Anastastia.R's Art Dex.

Rules
    1. Follow the Pokecommunity rules
    2. Follow the Pixel Projects rules
    3. No stealing any kind of art- normal or pixel.
    4. Don't claim a Pokemon in the 'Pokemon you cannot claim section'.
    5. Give credit to the artist that drew the work you Pixel Overed/post a link to the website you found the pic on
    6. Feel free to drop off pixel overs you have already made.
    7. Have fun!

Guidelines for a Pixel Over
    The Pixelovers can be any size under 500 pixels. The pixel overs should not be blurry or saved as a JPEG.
    Pixel Overs must be saved as a PNG.
    Use colours of the Pokemon when colouring your Pixel Over eg: you can use a yellow for a Pikachu Pixel Over, but not a green.
    You do not have to use Sugimori/Dream World art, you can use any art at all.
    Try your best to pick art with an interesting pose. The cooler the pose, the cooler the pixel over!

Current Pixel Overs (in spoilers)
    Pixel Overs of Generation 1 Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Pixel Overs of Generation 2 Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Pixel Overs of Generation 3 Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Pixel Overs of Generation 4 Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Pixel Overs of Generation 5 Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Claims
    When you claim a Pokemon, you are responsible for making it's Pixel Over.
    You can claim up to three Pokemon, however, you do not have to claim 3 Pokemon.
    You do not have to wait for a claim to be approved to start work on your pixel over. You do not have to claim a Pokemon to submit it. Claiming is reserving a Pokemon for you. If you do not finish your claim within 30 days without posting it as a WIP, get banned, leave Pokecommunity or drop your claim, your claim is invalid and others may claim your Pokemon. When claiming a Gen 5 Pokemon, use it's real name eg: Snivy instead of Tsutaaja or Smugleaf. Use its English name if it has one.

You do not have to claim a Pokemon to post it's pixelover!!

How to claim a Pokemon
    To claim a Pokemon, just post:
    '[claimers name] claims Pokemon 1, Pokemon 2 and Pokemon 3' if you want to claim 3
    '[claimers name] claims Pokemon 1 and Pokemon 2' if you want to claim 2 Pokemon
    '[claimers name] claims Pokemon 1' if you want to claim 1 Pokemon

I'll use my claim as an example:
    Dragonite149 claims Eevee.

Dropping A Claim
    If you feel you cannot do a Pixel Over of a Pokemon you claimed, you can drop your claim. When you drop a claim on a Pokemon, someone else can claim it. Also, you do not have to do its pixel over anymore.

How To Drop A Claim
    To drop a claim, just post 'I am dropping my claim on [insert a Pokemon you claimed here]'. Simples!

Current Claims(in spoiler):
    Spoiler:

Pokemon you cannot claim
    If a Pokemon is in the spoilers below, you CANNOT claim it.

Pokemon Already claimed(In National Pokedex order):
    Spoiler:

Pokemon with a WIP(In National Pokedex order):
    Spoiler:

Pokemon with a Finished Pixel Over(In National Pokedex order):
    Spoiler:

Pokemon you can not claim for other reasons(In National Pokedex order):
    Spoiler:

Works In Progess/WIPs
    If your claim is not finished after a month, you may post a Work In Progess(WIP). A WIP is a piece of unfinished work you and other users may continue to work on. If your WIP is up, I will put it in the spoiler below, as well as listing it in the Pokemon you cannot claim section. If your WIP stays unfinished for a month, it will be removed from the Pokemon You Cannot Claim section, as well as being removed from the WIP section.

Current WIPS (In spoiler) (In National Pokedex order):
    Spoiler:

Userbars/logos
    None yet. Can someone help us out?

Tutorials:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=176686
    A tutorial about how to make Pixel Overs, as well as a few other things. Made by Chesu.

Last edited:

SpeedXaaa

Uses XD too much...
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 10, 2016
    This project? It needs moar luff. ;_;

I'll claim Oshawott if that's alright, and I WILL try to finish it. I guess I'll just use Sugimori's artwork....

SpeedXaaa

Uses XD too much...
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 10, 2016
    Well, I might just have your first pixel over done for the list.

The Pokecommunity Pixel Over Dex- Revived!

...Whew. This lil' guy took at least an hour and a half. Slightly modified version of Oshawott's Pokemon Black and White colors were used. I'm gonna use the official colors for any others that I might do just to have an excuse to work with color limitations.

Dewott is mine.
    ...XD
    Geez. I can only imagine how long that one will take, seeing as its a larger Pokemon. Then again...aren't all of Sugimori's Pokemon proportioned pretty much the same in size?

Ah well.

Oh, right.
    "Speed-X claims Dewott / Futachimaru"

Last edited:
    Back