• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The PokeGear

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • What did you think of the revamped Pokegear this time around in HGSS, compared to the GSC days?

I liked the extra themes that were added, personally - especially that TR theme. The radio design was alright, but nothing special imo - I do kinda prefer the GSC one if you ignore the touch-screen feature of it. But it was good to hear old channels reappear, with some additions.

Phone feature was disappointing in not allowing people to delete numbers now - it didn't affect me much as I don't care but I do feel it was a strange thing for them to omit.

Ritzz

Bazinga
    Years
  • I didn't like the PokeGear in general, prefer the Poketch, so the revamped version wasn't anything special to me. And with the phone thing, the second time I played, I just didn't add anybody's number haha.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I liked the PokeGear because of the new radio programs added (Hoenn/Sinnoh sound and Mary/Prof. Oak's show telling about swarms). I also liked the skins.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    I liked the Poketch waaaaaay better. The Pokegear was alright. I liked how you could store all of the phone numbers and didn't have to delete others to make room like you did in GSC. But I thought there should have been a notepad like thing like the poketch. I was writing down stuff in my signature on the back of my trainer card so I could remember XD

Zapperz

colour swapper!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    the only thing i liked about the pokegear was that it tells you swarms/previous gen musics and the themes. i dont like the phone book AT ALL.

Years
  • I personally liked the layout a lot more than the Pokétch. The Pokétch seemed a lot more messy. I just think it made the whole gameplay experience better to have the bottom screen reserved for important things when you needed them.

Plus, I rather like the Mary and Oak show =D

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
    Years
  • The aesthetic changes were pretty nice to look at, etc. I'm not sure it was an overall improvement form the Poketch, though. I liked the swarm locator and the chaining stuff from Platinum. But the Pokegear was prettier to look at.

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
  • From a completely nostalgic point of view, I love the PokeGear. I'm just an old softy that way. What does annoy me is that if someone rings you when you are leaving a building, the phonecall will inexplicably end and leave you forever curious as to what Youngster Joey had to say about his Ratatta.

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • I liked every feature of it, the reason why the phone doesn't piss me off is that I have a list of trainers who give out stuff or want rematches and I only accept calls from them.

Back