• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon Adventure: Johto Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeSmexyMongoose

PeT MeH oR Die!! >;D
    Years
    To LeSmexyMongoose: That was a very intresting post! A little on the dramatic side but this is your story after all so do what you want. It was very intresting to read and I like how Natsumi and Jons switching roles.

Heheh...
    I'm actually trying to write a fanfiction about my character Jons :3

LeSmexyMongoose

PeT MeH oR Die!! >;D
    Years
    that would certainly be intresting Fan Fic. he seems like a intriging character

Quite, I keep getting ideas everyday about it!!!!
    it's still stored in, I just never wrote/typed it down yet D:
    Well, I guess I'll post in here in PC first!!!!!! <3
    >w<

~WooT~

To Zeta Marx...: Good sign up though Prof. Elm is giving you your Pokemon...However thats probally my fault for not mentining so whever! Phanpy is yours!
    To PlatniumPiano: good sign up! Try not to make Silver like the Silver from the games though. Also you and Dark_Link12 may have some issues since his character's brother is also named Silver and your Silver and his Silver have very similar personalitys. Just a heads up.
    To Pikalover10: Ok! Sentret is reserved for you! (I was starting to worry no one would want her)

Aw!!! Sentret was my favorite!! Dx
    I thought it was taken...
    .:mourns:. ;o;

Quite, I keep getting ideas everyday about it!!!!
    it's still stored in, I just never wrote/typed it down yet D:
    Well, I guess I'll post in here in PC first!!!!!! <3
    >w<

~WooT~

Aw!!! Sentret was my favorite!! Dx
    I thought it was taken...
    .:mourns:. ;o;

2nd page...
    I feel dumb...

Last edited:

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    Chapter Two: Route 29
    (OOC: Yes I know not every has posted yet but more than half of you are done so we're movin on. Also the OCC thread is up! Not all the bios are up yet so be patient.)
    Number of Posts: 2
    Elm Mission: None​
    Description: A very small route connecting New Bark Town and Cherrygrove City. Its a very plain route with a few grassy areas and trees bordering it. Newbie Trainers like to test their skills here and a number of easy to catch Pokemon live on the route.

Wild Pokemon
    Pidgey

Level: 2-4
    Type: Normal/Flying
    Ability: Keen Eye or Tangled Feet
    Attacks: Tackle, Sand-Attack (Lv. 5)
    Nature: Random
    Rarity: Common

Sentret

Level: 2-3
    Type: Normal
    Ability: Runaway, Keen Eye
    Attacks: Scratch, Foresight

Rattata

Type: Normal
    Ability: Runaway, Guts
    Attacks: Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack (Lv. 4)

Hoppip

Level: 3
    Type: Grass/Flying
    Ability: Chlorophyll or Leaf Guard
    Attacks: Splash
    Rarity: Uncommon

Hoothoot

Type: Normal/Flying
    Ability: Insomnia or Keen Eye
    Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Foresight
    Rarity: Rare

What you do in a Route or Cave
    When you're on a route or in a cave you can do a number of things. You can catch wild Pokemon, battle trainers, raise your Pokemon by battling wild Pokemon, and look for items. However there are some rules when on a route. When catching Pokemon always end your Post with you ending it by throwing the Pokeball at the Pokemon. I will then approve it and tell you what level it is and put the rest of its info on your bio. Also the rarer the Pokemon the better the post will have to be. There are also Pokemon with a Rarity rating of Special. These are Pokemon that are either Starter Pokemon or Pokemon that don't appear in the game in the wild like a baby Pokemon. When your looking for items it will have to be a creative post and try to keep it realistic. I will then tell you how many of the item you found unless its a TM. Any questions check the rules or ask me on the OCC thread!​

Last edited:

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
    Years
    Chapter Two, Part I: The First Battle

Silver dashed along the path to Cherrygrove with speed and exuberance. With his Totodile by his side, Silver felt invincible and full of life. This was the beginning of a new chapter in his life, and he never felt more alive.

A thought came to his head, and he stopped running for a moment.

"You know, I haven't named you, little guy," he said to his Totodile.

The Totodile yawned in response, but Silver decided to go ahead.

"Hmm.... How about something powerful like Jaws?"

The Totodile looked at Silver, head slightly cocked.

Silver sighed, "Okay, how about something cool like... Jaws?" This remark got Silver a bite on his leg from the Totodile. He yelled, and didn't think that such a little thing had so much power.

"Alright, Alright!" he yelled, wincing at his leg. "How about... Makesh?" he asked.

The Totodile smiled in response, confirming his new title. Silver's Totodile was now Makesh.

"Heh... Okay, Makesh, let's go!" he ordered, and took off at a gazelle's pace. However, not too far along the road, Makesh stopped and sniffed the air.

"What is it, buddy?" Silver asked. He didn't have to wait long to get his answer. An abnormally large Pidgey dive bombed Makesh, with speed Silver had never seen from a bird. Silver ducked and yelped, frightened, and unsure what to do. Quickly, he pulled out the dex, and it identified the bird. He thought that it would just go away on it's own, but after several more attempts to turn Makesh into birdfeed, Silver decided the best course of action was to teach that bird a lesson.

"Okay, Makesh," Silver caught the Totodile's attention, as it braced itself for the upcoming battle.

" Dodge, and use leer!" Silver commanded, as the Pidgey missed another attempt to crunch Makesh. The Totodile's glare hit the Pidgey head on, and frightened it, causing the bird to slow down and land. The Pidgey then proceeded to tackle Makesh, but Silver saw this move.

"Get out of the way and scratch it when it comes around!" Silver ordered, and the Totodile did so, it's claws ripping though the Pidgey's left wing. Silver grinned, and told Totodile to use leer one more time. Very frightened, the Pidgey went for an all- out tackle, which connected with Makesh, sending him toppling backwards.

"Come on, Makesh, get up!" Silver cried in desperation. The tackle gave pidgey some determination, and charged Totodile again.

"Ah! Makesh!!" Silver yelled at the top of his lungs, which brought a new sense of pride to the alligator. Makesh got up, and braced itself for the attack.

"Use Scratch!" And the Totodile obeyed, ripping it's claws through the Pidgey as it came around and knocked Totodile over. The force of the collision left Totodile weak, but left the Pidgey unconcious. Silver rushed over to his partner, checking the force of the collision. It left Totodile with bruises over his chest, and a small cut where the Pidgey's talons caught him.

"Come on, Makesh, you won! Get up!" Silver said, choking up a little.

"Please, Please, Pl-"

"TOTODILE!!" Makesh yelled as he sprung to life, and tackled Silver, toppling him over in joy of their first victory. Silver laughed, and Makesh laughed along with him, as streams of praise came from Silver's mouth.

"Oh boy, that was great!" cried an exstatic Silver, Makesh beaming with happiness. As he fed the Totodile a potion to heal his wounds, they got up, and Silver returned Makesh to his Pokeball. Silver looked at it with pride- the battle was hard, but he was glad he over came it. He marched along the road, at a slower pace, but none the less excited. But little progress was made, as Silver stopped again.

"Oh look at you, you beat a Pidgey, how great. I fear your power now," came a mocking voice from behind the tree next to the fallen Pidgey. Silver whipped around to see a man in shorts and a ball cap- the least intimidating sight you might ever lay your eyes on.

"You're one to talk, I bet you don't even have a Pokemon!" Silver snapped back.

"Actually, I do," the kid retaliated with as much venom," and I think we should battle. My Pidgey is hungry for Cajun."

"Sorry, bud, I don't want to fight another Pidgey. Too weak," Silver said, beginning to turn around.

"I'm sorry, but you have to. It's the rules that when somebody challenges you to a Pokemon battle, you must accept," the kid said with a slight grin on his face.

"Heh... If you think that your Pidgey has a chance against my Totodile, you have got to be the world's naive person," Silver mocked.

"Okay, tough guy, if you are so tough, let's battle!"

"Okay, let's go!" Silver said, and whipped out Makesh's Pokeball from his belt.

The boy did the same, as he cried out, "Go, Pidgey!"

"Show 'em what you got, Makesh!" Silver yelled, as a red light occupied the ground where Makesh then appeared. Makesh emmited a ferocious (for a Totodile) roar, that shook the boy and his Pidgey.

"You don't scare me! Pidgey, tackle that Totodile!" ordered the kid, and the Pidgey charged the Totodile, ready to ram him head on.

"Those tactics don't work on me," Silver scoffed. "Dodge, and use leer!"
    Makesh rolled around the oncoming Pidgey, and stuck it with a firey glaze.

"Ignore him, Pidgey, tackle!" yelled the youngster. This time, the gap between the two Pokemon was closer, and Pidgey gained speed and pummled the Totodile. Silver growled, as he saw Makesh tumble over, but to his relief, quickly got back up.

"Leer again!" and Makesh furthered his assault on Pidgey's psyche.

"Okay, wise guy," the kid said as his Pidgey was shaking from fear,"see how you handle this! Pidgey, go into the air, and tackle him from above!" This came as a shock to Silver, as he had no idea what to do, except duck. And that was what he ordered his Totodile to do.

"Keeping, trying, Pidgey!" yelled the boy, and the Pidgey continued to swing like a pendulum, trying to tackle Makesh. Silver knew that he couldn't wait forever, so he tried something different.

"Makesh! When Pidgey comes down, jump on it's back and claw it!" he told his Totodile. This took Makesh a while to figure out, but on the next assault, Silver yelled,

"Jump!"

And Makesh leaped as far as he could, gaining a position on Pidgey's back.

"Now, Scratch!"

Totodile raised up an arm, and brought it down with a mighty force, that sent Pidgey spiraling into the ground. The leers had already weakened Pidgey's defenses, so the scratch had delievered a tremendous blow, knocking the animal out cold. Makesh leaped off his back, and walked over to Silver, as Silver returned Makesh to his ball.

"You need work, kid" Silver laughed in an air of triumph. "I will have to admit, though, the flying took me by suprise. Good job" and Silver extended out a hand to his defeated foe. The kid looked at it suspiciously, and with reluctance, shook Silver's hand.

"Good job..." he grumbled, and returned his Pidgey to it's ball.

"Alright, kid, well I will see you later, maybe!" Silver said as he turned away.

"Wait!"

Silver turned around again," Yes?"

"What is your name?" inquired the kid.

"Silver. Silver Clone. And yours?" he asked.

"Joe. Joe Black," Joe responded.

Silver laughed," Alright Joe, keep training, until we meet again." Silver walked away from his first victory, feeling better than ever. All in one day he had gotten his first Pokemon, took down his first Pokemon, and had his first trainer battle. Smiling at Makesh's Pokeball, he looked outward to the road ahead. Not with fear, but with determination and the hopes of catching a new companion to his team.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Route 29 part 1

Jade quickly rushed outside, eager to see who her first pokemon was. With an excited grin, she threw the pokeball to the ground. With a burst of white light, a small, greenish pokemon appeared with a large horn on its head.

"Larv," the small pokemon greeted, blinking softly as it surveyed the area, its eyes focusing on Jade. "Vav?" it questioned, tilting its head to the side.

"Hello there, Larvitar," Jade said, uable to keep the excitement out of her voice. She had actually started with a Larvitar! She bent down and offered her had to sniff. "I'm Jade, and I'm your new partner. How do you do?"

Larvitar sniffed Jade's hand warily, but after a moment it obviously found something it liked in her scent and gave a happy, "Var!"

Jade grinned, happy her pokemon liked her. "I suppose we should get going," she said. "I've already said goodbye to my family, and I'm eager to see what you can do."

Larvi," Larvitar agreed happily, walking beside Jade as they both entered Route 29.

They spent quite a while before they even found a pokemon, must to Jade's frustration. She wondered if the other trainers had already captured all of the pokemon in this area before she felt her heart drop when she saw her first pokemon. Excited, she quickly pulled out her pokedex.
    Hoothoot, the owl pokemon. This pokemon balances on one foot constantly, even if bracing itself for an attack.

"Now that's interesting," Jade said, closing her pokedex with a snap. "Alright, get in there Larvitar!"

"Tar!" Larvitar called, jumping in front of the flying type and staring it down.

Hoothoot, sensing a battle, flew down to meet Larviatr and gave its own hard stare. After a moment of silence, Hoothoot smirked and rushed at Larvitar in a Tackle attack.

"Use Bite!" Jade ordered quickly.

"Tar." With mouth wide open, Larvitar charged as well. The two were meeting each other head on, but at the last minute, Hoothoot quickly flew off to the side, dodging the Bite attack and ramming into Larvitar's side. "Var!" Larvitar called in shock, surprised by the random attack.

"Hoo," Hoohoot said smugly.

"Don't give into that," Jade said angrily. "Another Bite!"

With a burst of speed and a furious growl, Larvitar tore at Hoothoot on its stomach, being sure to dig in deeply and getting a high pitched scream from Hoothoot. When he was satisfied, Larvitar jumped back, allowing his foe to go free.

With an angry screech that could almost rival a roar, Hoothoot charged, using another Tackle. It got Larvitar right in the head, bashing it backwards.

"Get up," Jade ordered, staring at her pokemon bouncing on the ground.

"Val," Larvitar grunted, getting up and shaking its head.

"Hoh," Hoothoot cawed, charging again.

"No way we'll get hit again," Jade said. "Larvitar, use Sandstorm!"

"Var." With a smirk, Larvitar tilted his head, horn pointing at the flying type and unleashed a swirling torrent of hard sand. It hit Hoothoot head on, creating small scratches as it surrounded it, causing more and more damage.

"Now finish it with another Bite!" Jade called excitedly.

With much vigor, Larvitar charged at the sand surrounded pokemon and bit hard. "Hooooot!" Hoothoot cried, shaking violently before finally closing its eyes as Larvitar unleased it.

"Var," Larvitar sighed, looking at the fallen pokemon. Turning to Jade, it said happily, "Lavit!"

Jade laughed in excitement. "Great job, Larvitar! You were the best!

"Vl," Larvitar mumbled, rubbing is head, a little embarrassed as Jade pet him on the head.

"That was a good battle," a new voice said, causing them to jump slightly.

Jade turned around to see a boy with light blond hair and dull looking brown eyes. He was wearing simple blue jeans and a red shirt. "Who are you?" she asked.

"I'm Alex, and I challenge you to a pokemon battle," he said with an eager grin.

"You're on!" Jade said in excitement.

"Lar!" Larvitar said with just as much excitement, ready to face off against this new challenger...

Last edited:

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    To PlatinumPiano: that was a good post but you can only battle a pokemon and then battle in a trainer in two seperate posts. Im sorry if i didn't make that clear. Very good interaction with your Makesh though.
    Makesh grew to Level 8!
    Makesh learned Water Gun!
    Makesh learned Rage!
    To Wolfwhispers: Ooo suspense! Good post! I still need your trainer card by the way. Just post it in the OOC thread
    Larvitar grew to Level 7!

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    Zachary was passing the alleys that he normal slept in when he heard crying. He followed the sound to a Cyndaquil. The Cyndaquil had been abandoned. Zack couldn't help feeling sorry for him; he could relate to Cyndaquil.

"Get up" he ordered to the crying Cyndaquil. He pulled the apple core from his pocket and gave it to him. "Cynda, Cynda" the Cyndaquil squeaked as it moved to get the food.

He then left so he could steal something else for lunch. He approached a resturant and asked for the most expensive lobster. The man seated him, left, and returned with a platter of lobster comprised foods. Before the man could return Zack had eaten everything on the plate and left before paying the bill; he had no intention of doing so.

"Hey you hungry fiend" he heard from the waiter as he left. "You stupid fire rat" were the words that caught Zack's attention. The Cyndaquil had followed him. The waiter thought that it was Cyndaquil who ate all the food and scared away his customer.

"Ooo, that stupid fire rat" he mumbled as he ran back to return to the waiter. "Wait just a minute, you can't hurt that Cyndaquil. It's my pokemon. See, Cyndar come 'ere." at those words the Cyndaquil stood by him. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be leaving with this Cyndaquil." he continued as he started walking away. The waiter stood for about a minute bewildered before he started running after them screaming "Hey wait you forgot to pay the bill." "I never actually ate my meal remember. This Cyndaquil doesn't even belong to me. Look I have no pokeballs" Zack said when he stopped and pointed to his belt. "Come on Cyndaquil run." Zack said and he began running away from the waiter. The waiter ran after him, but ran out of breath shortly and returned to the resturant.

"Now I'm taking you back to professor Elm's, Okay." he said to the Cyndaquil and he noticed that the Cyndaquil was crying the whole time. "Suck it up, you crybaby." he yelled at the Cyndaquil before they arrived at the lab. The Cyndaquil began crying. "Err, there, there baby" Zack comforted the Cyndaquil in an annoyed mood. The Cyndaquil in his arms then perked up and nuzzled into his chest. The Cyndaquil had fallen asleep in his arms; Zack was annoyed.

"Hello I've got a pokemon for you take back. I found it abandoned in an ally." Zack boomed as he entered the lab. "Oh, thank you" a shakey professor Elm replied. "By the way I was supposed to stop by to receive my first pokemon today. Can I get mine now" Zack said after the professor and Cyndaquil began entering another room. "Sure follow me" the professor yelled back at him and Zack followed him.

"Here are your pokeballs" Elm said as he began handing him the pokeballs, but before he could give him more then one an idea came to him. "Why don't take Cyndaquil with you" Elm chirped in with an idea. "What... NO!" Zack shouted. The Cyndaquil had been around the two for a while and touched the pokeball that had been given to Zack. The Cyndaquil entered the ball. "Look you caught a Cyndaquil" Elm said with a cheery voice. "What... No... Take him back." Zack said because he really did not want that Cyndaquil. "You caught it, so it's yours." Elm said while handing him the rest of his pokeballs and a pokedex. "Good Luck" Elm shouted at him as he left the door.

Zack was in a really bad mood the rest of the day...

Last edited:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Episode 1 – New Region, New Rules

The late morning sun shone down upon the river that ran straight from Kanto all the way to Johto, Zeke didn't have a boat... so he had to walk along the river's edge, not that he minded. As he drew ever closer to the town of New Bark, memories rushed through his mind of the wonderful adventures that he'd had in Kanto... this made him smile wide like a goofy kid on his way to receiving his first Pokémon.

"Three years..." he whispered to himself as his pace started to slow, the memories were really getting to him and he was starting to realise how much he missed those days, along with his beloved Pokémon. "Scyther..." he muttered, turning his attention to the skies, "Nidoking, Crobat, Vaporeon, Gengar, Snorlax..."

A tear slid down Zeke's cheek, he had left all his Pokémon at home with either is mother or father, save for Vaporeon who he had sent to Jaiden upon reaching Cinnabar Island and now... he was starting to miss them more than ever. The young man shook his head vigorously, "I shouldn't be sad," he said to himself, "I'm about to start an all new Pokémon Journey!"

A few minutes later, Zeke reached his destination, "New Bark Town," he said, letting his eyes scan the area and take in the joy that this small town held. He sighed in relief from the long trek and tried to find a building that could be passed off as Professor Elm's lab; his eyes came to rest of the largest building in town and decided that it must be that one.

"Here I come, new Pokémon Adventure," he said to himself, pulling his black messenger bag higher on his shoulder and setting off towards the lab. The town was so small that, within a few steps, he had reached the lab and was ready to go inside, "Here goes..." he muttered, setting a hand upon the door and pushing it open with a swift swing of his wrist.

Upon entering the lab, Zeke was rushed over to a tall, brown haired, man in a white lab coat by someone that looked just like one of the aide's from Professor Oak's lab. "Finally!" said the man, nearly yelling it, "I'm Professor Elm... and you're late!" he stated, starting to rummage under his desk for something.

"I'm sorry that I'm later Professor, it's just-" said Zeke, before being cut off by the Professor slamming a large box on the table. He stuck his hands into the box and pulled out a Poké Ball and a strange device which Zeke had never seen before, "What's that?" asked the confused young man, pointing at the unusual device sitting on the desk.

Professor Elm didn't look like he wanted to answer that question, but did anyway, "This is a Poké Gear," he said, raising the device to Zeke's eyes, before switching it for the Poké Ball, "And this is your Pokémon!" Zeke blinked a few times before nodding at the Professor, "Now... I trust Professor Oak has upgraded your Pokédex for you."

Zeke nodded and pulled out his new Pokédex, "Yeah..." he began, slightly scared by the way Professor Elm was acting, "It's right here." The Professor then proceeded to push the Poké Ball and Poké Gear at Zeke, forcing him to grab them in his hands. "So..." started Zeke, glancing around the lab, "Is that everything?"

Without a reply, Zeke soon found himself being ushered out of the lab by the same aide that had dragged him in, "I guess I'm going to have to figure everything else out one my own..." he muttered, nearly dropping everything in his hands. He looked down and noticed a piece of paper that the Professor must have given him, it had everything he needed to know written on it and so Zeke sighed in relief. "I guess Johto is going to be a lot different to Kanto..." he said, starting to walk towards the connecting route and the start of his Johto Journey.

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    To FrozenSnowman: hmm well there are a few things wrong with your post. 1) Cyndaquil was givin to you from Elm not with you finding it. 2) There are quite a few grammatical errors so you might want to make sure you don't make the same mistake. And 3) Im guilty of the same thing but your paragraphs are made up of converstaions. That can get confusing for the reader. So you might want to split them up for your next post.
    To Kev XY: Very funny! I like how Zeke dosen't know whats going on lol.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    To FrozenSnowman: hmm well there are a few things wrong with your post. 1) Cyndaquil was givin to you from Elm not with you finding it. 2) There are quite a few grammatical errors so you might want to make sure you don't make the same mistake. And 3) Im guilty of the same thing but your paragraphs are made up of converstaions. That can get confusing for the reader. So you might want to split them up for your next post.
    To Kev XY: Very funny! I like how Zeke dosen't know whats going on lol.

OOC: Okay, I'll do better next time. I kind of rushed my post, I'm sorry. I'll take more time and effort in my next post. I was rushing mostly because of how I dislike introduction posts. I perfer posts with more action.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Chapter 2: Chris Vs. Kyle: Johto Round 1

Chris stared at his pokeball, with a feeling of joy… he could finally be a trainer again… he had a feeling this would happen, but wasn't sure. "I have another chance… these new trainers aren't much of a threat to me winning, but I need to watch out for the others… they've had enough experience to make them challenging." Chris grasped Phanphy's pokeball and placed it in his trainers belt. And with that, Chris started to walk until he left the town. He looked around and saw Kyle hiding poorly in a tree.

"Hiyaaah!" Yelled Kyle as he jumped down from the tree. "I'm back! And I will defeat you this time!" Kyle took out a pokeball and showed it to Chris. "Inside this is the pokemon that will defeat you. Come on out Rocky!" Kyle opened the pokeball, and out came a fairly strong-looking Tyrogue.

"What is this about Kyle? I thought that race three years ago was our 'final battle'." Said Chris. "In fact, some people laugh at me when I pass by them. You really shouldn't have televised it." Kyle smirked at that.

"Maybe, but with Rocky, I will win our battle!" Yelled Kyle. "Besides, you're famous in the Kanto region at least!" Chris sighed before covering his eyes with his hand and counting to ten.

"Wow, I need to find some better friends." Said Chris as he fantasized himself being friends with the first person he thought of… which was Brock. "…On second thought… maybe I should become a hermit after this. Why do you want to fight anyway?" Kyle gasped in fake hurt.

"Don't you remember? We're destined to be eternal rivals… I will follow you to whatever region you go to until I end up finding someone else more powerful to make my rival." Said Kyle. Chris backed away veeery slowly. "Wait… I didn't mean it like that… I just want a challenge, and you're the best trainer I've ever seen."

"What about Lance, Steven, Wallace, or Cynthia? They're world champions and are the most powerful trainers in the world." Said Chris, but Kyle just stared at Chris before saying.

"I meant out of the normal trainers! Even my original team couldn't scratch one of them!" Yelled Kyle. "But we're getting off track. Just send out your pokemon and we'll fight." Kyle then leaned against the tree which he jumped from.

"Wow, He has issues. Hmm… well, I see nothing wrong with fighting Kyle, so… come on out… um… Apollo?" Said Chris as he sent out Phanphy. Kyle just stared at Chris. "Hey! I'm not too good with nicknames… leave me alone about this matter."

"Well, um… that just ruined it." Said Kyle taunting his friends lame naming skills. "That doesn't even look like an Apollo. It looks more like a… well, hm… I don't even know. But does it even matter? I can tell our pokemon are getting restless! You go first!"

"Okay, Apollo, use Defense Curl!" Yelled Kyle. 'Apollo' seemed happy at this, happy that it can finally do something. The elephant curled up, increasing his defense. "Now, use Tackle!" The elephant dashed towards Rocky, but the Tyrogue didn't seem worried.

"Rocky, use Fake Out, then Tackle to knock it back!" Yelled Kyle. Rocky grinned and as Apollo got close, he punched him with some sort of weird energy, before Tackling him away, causing him to fly back quite a ways. "Now, use Tackle once more!" Rocky dashed up towards Apollo, but the elephant dodged before tackling into Rocky.

"Yes, Tackle again!" Yelled Chris. Apollo went in for another strike, but Tyrogue dodged it before returning to Kyle. "Defense Curl!" The elephant stopped his charge and curled into a ball once more, raising its defense more. "Now use Growl!"

"Rocky, close your eyes and plug your ears!" Yelled Kyle as Rocky did just that. Chris smirked as Kyle had fallen for his trap. "Huh? Well, won't he get a surprise."

"Use Tackle!" Yelled Chris. Apollo went in to strike, but Rocky grabbed the elephant and actually stopped its charge. "What? How is that even possible?"

"Rocky knows Foresight. He could see Apollo barreling towards him." Said Kyle as he turned towards Rocky. "Let go and use Tackle!" Rocky hesitated, but let go before being slammed into by Apollo, sending him into a tree. "What? Rocky was stronger then that… unless…"

"Yes, Phanphy's body was harder then normal, which drained Rocky of a bit more strength then it did last time, and it wasn't nearly as effective on stopping him, so he beat Rocky in that little contest." Said Chris before calling Apollo back into his ball.

"Well, that was a good match… I almost won! If you hadn't… oh, well. It doesn't matter anymore anyway. Thank you." Said Kyle as he returned his pokemon and walked back into the city, probably to heal his Tyrogue. "Oh, and… I'll be back soon!"

(To be continued)

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    Chapter One:

The day had finally come. Ashton rose out of his bed bright and early for this momentous day. He wondered what mysteries the events would bring him, what friends he would make, along with enemies. He rushed downstairs without so much as a glance at the wonderful breakfast that was prepared for him. It wasn't until he was about to exit the house that his mother stopped him.​

"Ashton! Don't you think you should eat before you leave?" The woman, who was roughly six foot with lucious brown hair that reached her hind-quarters, asked her eager son. Ashton turned around and eyed the food for a few moments. The mere smell of the food made his stomach cry out to him. He began to drool a bit at the savory meal, then realized that he should be heading out. He simply walked over, grabbed a piece of rather greasy bacon and headed back out with a small wave to his mother.​

"Sorry, Mom! Gotta big day ahead of me!" Ashton said as he closed the door behind his mother, who let out a small sigh and a quick chuckle as she retured to the dishes.​

The air in Newbark Town was rather crisp that morning. It wasn't to hot out; yet, not to cold either. The perfect day to start a journey. Ashton fumbled around town a bit; because, even though he lived in Newbark, he had no clue as to where the Professor was.​

After a few minutes of aimless wandering, Ashton came across a rather large building with a sign out front that read: "Professor Elm's Reasearch Lab". He headed through the sliding glass doors into a room that smelled of rubber gloves and plastic lab coats.​

Near the back of the room were a few trainers, obviously here for their Pokemon too, and the Professor himself. Even from his distance, Ashton heard something about trainers from Kanto running errands. Most of the trainers already had their Pokeballs, Gears and Dexs.​

Crap, I'm late.. Ashton put a little spring in his step and headed to the back of the lab. A few trainers passed him on their way out with eager looks on their faces. It wasn't much longer before Ashton reached Professor Elm.​

"Uh, Hello" Ashton said with an akward smile spreading across his face. "I'm Ashton Carter. I'm here for my first Pokemon.."​

"Oh, yes! I was worried you wouldn't make it!" Elm said with a small chuckle. "Here is your Pokemon, Pokedex, PokeGear and five Pokeballs!"​

Ashton grabbed the armload of goods one at a time. He strung the PokeGear around his neck, while placing the Pokedex in his coat pocket. The Pokeballs snapped into his belt neatly. And with that, Ashton was ready to start his journey. He bid the Professor adieu and headed back outside.​

The crisp air greeted Ashton once again as he exited the lab. Most of the other trainers had already made their way to Route 29. But Ashton wasn't in any hurry; so he decided to get aquainted with his new Pokemon.​

He dropped the red and white sphere on the ground to take a look at his new partner. The ball opened and in a flash of white his very first Pokemon appeared. It was a rather tiny thing; small enough to fit in a backpack. It's body was mostly egg shell, which made it look half-hatched.​

"To..Gepi?" The creature said as it tilted it's head. Ashton seized the opprotunity to try out his Pokedex. He pulled it from his coat pocket and flipped it open, listening to what the Dex had to say​

_______________________________​

Togepi- The Spike Ball Pokemon
    It is considered to be a symbol of good luck. Its shell is said to be filled with happiness.
    _______________________________​

"Hmm...Interesting." Ashton said to himself as he bent down, patting the head of the Pokemon. "You seem pretty angelic; so I think I'll name you...Mala!"​

"To-Togepi!" The Pokemon cried in agreement.​

Ashton got back up to his feet and picked up Mala, holding her in his arms as they made their way to Route 29.​

[OoC: Will get CH 2 up later. This post was rushed, so sorry for the shortness and sloppiness :x]​

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    To Zeta Marx...: man oh man that was one funny post! "on second thought i think i'll just become a hermit after this" classic!
    Apollo grew to Level 8!
    Apollo is trying to learn Flail! But Apollo can only know four moves! Delete a move for Flail? (Zeta you're old hat to this but just a reminder move changes go on the OCC thread.)
    To .Sublime: aw what a sweet post! lets hope it stays that sweet in the days to come!

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Route 29 part 2

Jade grinned as she watched Alex stare at Larvitar carefully. This would be her first trainer battle!

"Go, Trapinch!" Alex shouted after a moments thought.

"Tra!" A small, bug like pokemon appeared. It had an exceptionally large head that had very sharp teeth. It turned to Larvitar and opened its mouth, prepared for battle.

"Larvitar, use Bite!" Jade ordered quickly, eager to get the first attack in.

"Var!" Larvitar rushed at Trapinch, head lowered in preparation.

"Trapinch, you use Bite," Alex ordered.

"Pnin picnh," Trapinch said, mouth wide. "Pinch!" Trapinch shouted, chomping down just as Larvitar got within range.

"Larv!" Larvitar screamed, shaking its small arms and legs wildly in the air as Trapinch held him in the air by the head.

"Try to get free!" Jade shouted. "Quick, use Sandstorm in its mouth!"

"Tar!" Larvitar spat, releasing the sand blast into Trapinch's mouth.

"Trrr!" Trapinch ran around, sputtering as it released Larvitar to the ground.

"Trapinch, get over it!" Alex shouted, turning to Jade angrily. "That was a cheap move," he spat.

Trapinch continued to roll around, body shaking from the attack that even got inside its body. It technically had a sandstorm inside its body.

Jade shrugged. "It worked, didn't it? Larvitar, attack with Bite!"

"Trapinch, use Flail!" Alex said quickly as Larvitar attacked.

Larvitar managed to latch onto Trapinch's small side, but Trapinch began to shake wildly, eyes closed from inner pain but still determined to do this attack. It gave an angry screech and sent Larvitar flying back.

Jade turned to Alex. "I didn't know Trapinch's learned Flail," she said slowly, a bit unsure.

Alex smirked. "Egg move," he said, frowning a bit as Trapinch gave a cry of pain, the attack still going. It was lucky it was a ground type, otherwise it would have been much worse. "Use Bite!"

"Dodge it!" Jade snapped.

As Trapinch was terribly slow, it was no challenge for Larvitar to jump out of the way. Trapinch skidded to a halt, closing its eyes in a wince and began to shake. Tossing its head, it threw up to the side, all of it sand and saliva.

Both Jade and Alex made faces.

"This is it, Larvitar! Finish it with Bite!"

"Flail!" Alex called desperately.

Trapinch Flailed crazily, and it did manage to toss Larvitar away, but he simply got back up and rushed at Trapinch began to calm.

"That's it!" Jade encouraged. "Finish it!"

"Laaarve!" Larvitar screamed, chomping down hard. With a smirk, Larvitar slammed Trapinch to the ground, watching as the small ground type slowly closed its eyes in defeat.

"Traaa," Trapinch gurgled, snad dripping out of its mouth. "Pin..." It was finally out with one last cough.

Alex sighed in defeat. "Return," he said downhearted. "Really got me with that Sandstorm," he said bitterly, looking as if he would call Jade a cheater for that move before changing his mind. "Well, I guess I'll be seeing you, though next time I'm going to win." With a grin, he gave a nod and walked away.

Jade watched him go before turning to Larvitar. "Great job, buddy," she said. "Take a rest. Return."

And Larvitar returned in a red beam of light, just as she began to walk down the rest of the route, eager to get to the next city and battle stronger pokemon.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back