• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon Adventure: Johto Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Episode 2 – Trainer Becomes the Teacher

Zeke stepped out onto Route 29, letting the exhilaration of a brand new adventure fill him up to the brim. He walked along the route and let his eyes drink in the scenery as an abundant amount of new Pokémon crossed his sight, each time he would take out his Pokédex and add the data to the computerised encyclopaedia.

Pidgey, Sentret, Rattata and Hoppip covered the route, going about their daily business as Zeke went about his own. "Johto is beautiful," he deducted, guessing and hoping that the rest of the region would be as great as this one route. He glanced down at the Poké Ball that was hanging from his belt and decided to let out his new Pokémon, but... as soon as he reached for it he was stopped by a voice.

"How about a battle?" asked the voice, which was coming from a boy standing a few metres ahead of Zeke. The young man looked up, while still keeping his hand hovering over the Poké Ball and examined the trainer. He had short brown hair, a plain white t-shirt, short blue jeans and a look on his face that showed that he was only a beginner trainer, "So, what do you say?" he asked again.

Zeke laughed slightly and plucked the Poké Ball off his belt, "It would be my pleasure, but... I must caution you, I am quite the experienced trainer." The young boy rolled his eyes as if he wasn't fazed by the simple fact that Zeke was at least twice his size, "Ok then," said Zeke, shrugging his shoulders as he lift the ball into the air and threw it onto the field.

In a flash of blinding light, a short yellow Pokémon with black stripes on its body appeared... a look of determination on its face as sparks sizzled from the protrusions on its head. "Elekid!" it said angrily, clenching its fists tight and glaring at the young boy opposite him. Zeke quickly pulled out his Pokédex and pointed it at his new Pokémon, after all... it would help to know what kind of Pokémon he's battling with.

Elekid: the Electric Pokémon. It is the pre-evolved form of Electabuzz.
    It generates electricity by whirling its arms. However, it can't store the energy it makes.

Zeke thought back, Dane had owned an Electabuzz back when he was travelling in Johto... in fact; he had used it in Rock Tunnel to save them from a pack of angry Zubat. "Wow," whispered Zeke, "I guess I'm going to end up with an Electabuzz soon enough, if only Dane was here to see this." Elekid peered back at his trainer and nodded towards the young trainer, eager to start the battle.

The young trainer stepped back, showing that he was slightly scared by the fact that Zeke had an Elekid... but, he quickly shook it off and pulled out his own Poké Ball. "Whatever!" he yelled, raising the Poké Ball in the air, "I've got a Pokémon that can defeat yours, no problem." With that, he threw the ball onto the field and a blinding flash filled the area.

As the light faded, the young trainers Pokémon came into view... it was a small yellow rodent-like Pokémon that reminded Zeke of a Pikachu. "This is my Pichu!" announced the young trainer proudly, "And he's got enough power to beat your Elekid with both paws tied behind his back." Zeke raised an eyebrow at the young trainer's enthusiastic attitude as he turned the Pokédex in his hand towards the Pichu.

Pichu: the Tiny Mouse Pokémon. It is the pre-evolved form of Pikachu.
    The electric pouches on its cheeks are still small. They cannot store much electricity yet.

Zeke laughed as he closed his Pokédex and slid it into his pocket, "Looks like this is going to be a shocking battle, right?" The young man's "stupid" joke only managed to gain a roll of the young trainer's eyes, as it wasn't very funny... at all. Zeke's expression changed to one of slight anger and he point towards Pichu, "Elekid, use Quick Attack!"

Elekid shot towards Pichu with lightning speed and crashed straight into him, sending him skyward... before landing with a thud at the young trainer's feet. "Hey!" he yelled, stepping a foot forward and clenching a fist in anger, "That was a cheap shot!" Pichu slowly rose to his feet and jumped into the same position as his trainer, which caused Zeke to laugh uncontrollably.

"You can't blame your opponent for your slow reaction time," replied the more experienced trainer, "When it comes to Pokémon battles there is now room for fault." Zeke glanced over at Elekid and smiled at his new Pokémon, "I guess Elekid is just too fast for Pichu." He nodded at the short Electric-type Pokémon and pointed towards Pichu again, "Let's see if they can avoid this, another Quick Attack!"

Elekid smirked and sped towards Pichu again, luckily... the young trainer had learnt from his mistake and quickly issued his own orders, "Pichu, dodge it!" Pichu obeyed his trainer and managed to leap out of the way just before Elekid collided with him, "Now use Thundershock!" called the young trainer, who was starting to get a bit too carried away.

"Bad move..." mumbled Zeke with a smirk as Pichu shot a bolt of electricity into Elekid, only see that it had no effect on the opposing Electric-type, "Elekid and Pichu are both Electric Pokémon. So, attacks of their own type will have no effect on them." Zeke looked over at Elekid to make sure he was ready, before issuing his next order, "Let's teach this kid and his Pokémon a lesson with a Quick Attack."

Elekid ran straight for Pichu, after the first Quick Attack and his own Thundershock... the small Pokémon must of been feeling pretty weak. Which was shown as Elekid smashed into him and sent him at least twice as high into the air as last time, which meant he came crashing the ground twice as fast. This time Pichu didn't get up, meaning Zeke and Elekid had claimed their first victory here in the Johto region.

The young trainer returned his injured Pokémon and walked over to Zeke, "You and your Elekid are really strong," he said, looking up and covering his eyes from the sun, "I'm going to train my Pichu so that I'm as strong as you one day." With that, the boy took off towards the next town... which is where Zeke and Elekid were bound as well.

LeSmexyMongoose

PeT MeH oR Die!! >;D
    Years
    OOC: It seems against the rule, but one of the Narrarator's is Elm >.>

Chapter 2: Route 29

Breifing:
    Narrarator: Jons
    Aloha...
    I see you kids came back to hear more of the story, It makes me happy to see that I made people interested in my tale. Well, as we figured previously from the story that our young female main character Natsumi, went through alot the previous day. A quick briefing,
    She First overslept for her chance to get a starter pokemon from Professor Elm.
    Then She protected a pokemon known as Sunkern from a flock of Spearrow on the way there.
    Last but not least, she has chosen Sunkern as her partner, then past out after recieving a pokedex from Elm.

Let's move on to Natsumi's next adventure!

~Fades in to story~

Day 2.0 (Will continue next chapter):
    Narrarator: Professor Elm
    Ugh... a new day has opened our eyes. "I should be getting to work...", I sighed as I became unprepared for a shocking uncalled for greeting greeting... "Good Morning Professor!!!!"
    The loud greeting which came from the same girl that passed out in my laboratory. I forgot the details, but the greeting made me remember of this girl's, or Natsumi if you may, heroic break down. As I recover from the shock of her loud, and quite rude greeting, I reply with a cheerful tone. "Good Morning Natsumi... I'm guessing you'll be taking off on you adventure, huh?"
    Natsumi's returned my friendly reply with a lovely look and in return, she said "Oh, yes! Me and Sunkern are quite ready for our adventure!!! We were just about to take off."
    I smiled.... I had no way of replying, it was nice seeing a future trainer happy. As she gathered her supplies in her bag, then she was about to depart as we said our good byes. Then it hit me... "Wait!!!!" I shouted, "you forgot something!"
    She turned around then ran back as I pulled back in my lab and reached in a cabinet and gave her 5 pokeballs.
    "I believe I never gave you these yet..." I said, feeling almost foolish. She replied with a thanks, and departed. I expect good thing from her...

Narrarator: Natsumi
    Finally... my first official day as a trainer... As I walk facing the border away from Newbark Town, getting ready as I stare up into the trees as if they were welcoming me. I dashed through the borders and ran. Before I proceded with my journey a man approached me. He had curly glam hair, with a mustache. He wore a leather black jacket.
    "You must be Natsumi... I happen to be the one who saved you from the Spearrow attack." he claimed... as I stared at him with a frightened look. The look faded as he told me the story. He then continued, "The names Jons... I'm what they call a pokemon trainer. Heheh...."
    I then stared at him with a kind of annoyed look. My reply was quite nasty, "Look... I appreaciate what you did for me before.., but I do not wish to be treated as a kid, so if you don't mind, I wish to continue with my journey."
    Jons chuckled. "Ha... nonscence.... I know this is your first day with a pokemon, so the least I should do is teach someone as defenseless as you." He snorted. "Imagine, you'd probably still be in that Spearrow situation even if you had a pokemon... I highly garantee it."
    I was really insulted... I dared to asked, "Well Mr. Pokemon Expert.... what should I do?"
    He smiled and replied, "well first, you must know what moves your Pokemon can do... let me see your pokemon." I took out the pokeball containing my beloved Sunkern. He then continued, "Hm... this is the same Sunkern you were protecting... so Sunkern, tell me about yourself... your moves, nature, abilities, gender.."
    I thought he was crazy... he was actually talking to my pokemon, like it's going to tell him...

~30 secounds later~

Narrarator: Jons

Heh... schooling this girl on the basics looked like it would be tough... as I then recieved all the details on her pokemon, I then repeated, "Well... Natsumi, your Sunkern is female, it has the ability to raise it's special attack in sunlight but at the cost of health, a quiet nature, and it's current moves are Mega Drain, Absorb, and Growth."
    My secret ability seem to shock her, I knew exactly what she was thinking, but she already blurted it out before I had time to put it into thought. She loudly bursted, "WOOOOOOW!!!! That was amazing!!!! Are you some kind of Pokemon whisperer?! Can you talk to pokemon?!"
    Her outburst really gave me a headache and kind of made me feel nervous. But enough was enough, the next phase had to be done.
    "Now let go onto battling..." I replied, as we then encountered a wild Sentret mid way while walking through the route. "Now I gave you the different moves your Sentret is capable of. Now I want you to weaken this Sentret and then we'll move on to the next step."
    I stared at the battle field in action as I listened to her command. "Sunkern, use Absorb!" The move was a total failiure, it bearly affected Sentret. Sentret grew angry and used scratch with took some of Sunkern's health, but a bit more damage than Sunkern did. She looked upsetting alittle, "Darn!!! That didn't look effective, I guess we'll use a stronger attack! Use Mega drain!" It did only a slight of damage, Sentret still looked very energetic, although some of Sunkern's health came back thanks to the effects of Mega Drain.
    I laughed a little bit and said, " you know... this battle looks like it's going to take forever... think about that last attack it knows. Use it then attack, see what that'll do for you..."
    She took my advice and used Sunkern's last move. "Sunkern use growth!" a greenish aura surrounded Sunkern as she gave Sunkern an extra command to attack with Mega Drain, which the combination of the moves somehow lead to alot of damage. As the wild Sentret was on the road to fainting, I stopped the battle and gave her a command, "Now, we'll learn about how to capture pokemon, as you already know the Sentret's weaken and close to fainting. Now is a good time to try to catch it. Throw a pokeball and it should automatically detect the Sentret."
    She then reached into her bag and reached for a pokeball. As the Sentret was taken in by the Pokeball, it began to wobble. The third time it wobbled, the center button turned white. I then congratulated her.
    "Congratulations... you have caught your first pokemon." She looked very excited and cheered. I then continued, "Now c'mon, let's head to Cherrygrove, there we'll depart... I have taught you plenty."

They then walk the rest of the way through route 29, as she fought off other wild pokemon that encountered her. They then crossed the borders of Route 29 and Cherrygrove as she god ready for her next quest. She might as well kick back for a few, and proceed with the day. We'll continue with the story later on, now run along, it's lunchtime and your parents are probably worried...

~Chow~

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
    Years
    Chapter 2.1: Route 29; The First Battle
    Starting Arc
    Vanessa and her newly obtained Marill decided that it would be best to leave the town and head off to Cherrygrove City first.

As Vanessa entered the route, she noticed the beautiful view that she could see just by first glance, "Angel, can't you feel the wonderful freshness here?" Vanessa whispered. Angel didn't really understand what Vanessa had just said, nor did she care.

There was a huge amount of lovely pine trees surrounding the small route, grassy patches scattered all over the place, even flowers shining in the sun with bees flying. Just then, Vanessa had caught her eye towards a small little Pokemon right in the open. Vanessa quickly opened her Pokedex to identify this mysterious Pokemon.

Sentret: The Scout Pokemon

"It has a very nervous nature. It stands up high on its tail so it can scan wide areas."

"This Sentret is so cute! I just want to take it with me~" Vanessa screeched. Angel was getting a little bit envious of Sentret getting Vanessa so ditsy. Angel decided to attack the Sentret starting off with a Tackle attack.

Angel slammed into Sentret, inflicting a nice amount of damage, "Angel, what are you doing? I didn't command you to attack!" Vanessa yelled. Marill felt a little bit upset about what Vanessa had just said, so Angel just stopped attacking.

Sentret was angry now, and used a Scratch attack on both Angel and Vanessa. Vanessa had forgotten being mad at Angel, and is now going to fight back against Sentret, "Alright Angel, I'm sorry about what I said. Prepare to attack that ass Sentret!" Vanessa commanded.

Angel was happy that Vanessa came onto her side, and charged for a damaging Tackle. Sentret wasn't going to get hit by a Tackle attack again, and dodged the attack simply by moving. Instead of hitting Sentret as planned, the Marill slammed into the tree behind where Sentret was.

"That is one tricky little Sentret, isn't it…" Vanessa thought, "I need to think, which move should I use?" Vanessa decided to go with a defensive move. "Alright Angel, use Defense Curl." Vanessa said.

Angel decided to do as told, she didn't really understand why though. Sentret, decided to use Defense Curl as well, mocking Angel. Angel didn't like how Sentret copied her, so Angel broke out of the ball and decided to strike with a Tackle disobeying Vanessa's command.

"Angel, what you are doing- well, I guess as long as you're careful…" Vanessa worried. Angel was glad it got a chance to attack, and successfully dealt some damage, Vanessa was surprised how much damage was dealt.

"That was incredible, but how could that have happened, Vanessa pulled out her Pokedex to explain this outcome, "Marill's ability: Huge Power, the power of the Pokemon's attack is doubled." The Pokedex informed.

"Awesome, well since Sentret is weak enough, it looks like it's time to capture the little guy!" Vanessa exclaimed as she pulled out a fresh Poke Ball. Throwing the Poke Ball, the Sentret hit the Poke Ball away refusing to be captured.

"Huh, I weakened it so much; I wonder how it could still fight back…" Vanessa wondered. Just then, a Hoppip came from a tree defending the weakened Sentret. Sentret crying in pain, Hoppip glared at Vanessa.

Just then, Vanessa understood why it didn't want to be captured, "It must be loved by that Hoppip… it doesn't want to leave that Hoppip." Vanessa said, Hoppip shook its head agreeing with the statement said by Vanessa.

Sentret noticed someone behind Vanessa with a Poke Ball, Vanessa turned back to see who was behind and knew what he wanted to do; captured the Sentret and Hoppip.

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    To Wolfwhispers: that was a good battle!
    Larvitar grew to Level 9!
    To Kev XY: Good battle! Electric showdown!
    Elekid grew to Level 8!
    Elekid learned Thundershock!
    LeSmexyMongoose: good post but i need to approve of the capture first. Just remember that for next time k? Oh i still need a trainer card!
    You caught a male Level 3 Sentret!
    To rii-chii: suspense! i wonder whats going to happen next?
    Angel grew to Level 7!
    Angel learned Tail Whip!
    To Everyone: Hey I know with Winter Break ending tommorow (at least for me) that we will be going back to school. Since school will be taking up most of our time don't feel rushed to put up a post. This also goes for me since this is a busy time for me so i may not be able to get on everyday. Please just be patient with me and also tell me if you won't be able to get on for awhile. Thanks!

Last edited:

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    "Look at that boy there. He's the one who stole my backpack. Let's get him Toto." a boy on a ledge said as he jumped it with his Totodile. The boy was short about four feet six inches. He wore a hat upon his head with his jean shorts and yellow striped shirt.

"You were the one who stole my back" he screamed at Zack who was just now leaving Newbark Town.

"What are you talking about? This is mine" Zack shouted as he took off his backpack and wrote his name on it without the boy seeing his action. "See it has my name on it" Zack continued showing the boy the freshly written name.

"I don't believe you. Toto let's take it back." the boy yelled. "I challenge you to a Pokemon battle. If I win I get my backpack back." the boy continued.

"And if I win?" Zack said because he was not going to waste time without getting something in return.

"I'll give you this TM." the boy said holding up a reddish-brown disk.

"Fine I accept" Zack said with confidence and knowing that the TM was a fire move that he could teach his Cyndaquil.

"Cyndar come on out and hit that Totodile hard." Zack said releasing the Cyndaquil from its ball.

"Totodile, leer it down." The boy said with enthusiasm.

"You too Cyndar, don't concede. Losing is for wimps." Zack yelled at the timid Cyndaquil.

The two Pokémon began staring at each other for keenly for about half an hour when Zack's voice broke the concentration. "Tackle it" Zack commanded. The Cyndaquil's eyes dilated and he charged into the torso of the Totodile. The Totodile blinked and fell down on contact; neither Totodile nor its trainer expected it.

"Hey that's not fair, what a cheap shot!" the Totodile's trainer complained.

"This is a Pokémon battle not a staring contest" Zack retorted. "Now tackle it again" Zack continued in a fiercer tone.

"Toto counter it with your scratch" the boy blurted out in his own temper.

The Cyndaquil came crashing into the Totodile. The Totodile scratched the incoming Cyndaquil repelling it onto the ground; however, Totodile did suffer recoil and stumbled back a bit.

"Now Cyndar take this opportunity and tackle it." Zack shouted to the rising Cyndaquil. The Cyndaquil charged at the unstable Totodile. At the moment of contact Zack shouted "Un". The Cyndaquil had knocked over the Totodile, but he was still at it. The Cyndaquil used the Totodile's chest as a spring board to remain in the air so he could tackle the Totodile consecutively. "Deux" Zack shouted once again at the moment of contact.

The Cyndaquil was coming in for another tackle. "Totodile use your water gun at the ground." The boy quickly shouted. The Totodile spat water from its mouth propelling it into the air. The Cyndaquil missed the Totodile and hit the ground. "Totodile use water gun. Wash away that squirt." The boy shouted as if he had already won. A stream of water was headed towards the Cyndaquil.

"Smokescreen, Cyndar." Zack shouted loudly. Black smoke rose from the Cyndaquil and nothing was visible. The water gun pierced the black veil.

The smoke dissipated, but there was no Cyndaquil inside it. The Totodile's trainer looked around for the Cyndaquil until Zack shouted "Now tackle it". The Cyndaquil jumped from behind the Totodile's trainer and tackled the Totodile into the mud formed from its water. Cyndaquil won; the Totodile could no longer battle.

"Aww and I wanted to win" the Totodile's trainer complained while returning his Pokémon. "You can keep the stupid backpack and have this TM, but I'll be back. Don't forget the name Roy Gunner." the boy continued handing him the TM and then running away.

"Now to teach you this TM Cyndaquil" Zack said proud of himself and kind of braggingly. Zack examined the TM and shouted furiously "Bulk Up! Cyndaquil can't learn Bulk Up!"

OOC: I hope this was better than my last post.

Last edited:

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    Chapter Two: A Battle of Wits

Ah, Route 29. The road to the beautiful Cherrygrove City; otherwise known as "The City of Cute, Fragrant Flowers". The route itself was somewhat winding. Tall grass towered above some of the smaller Pokemon in the area and trainers were scattered about. Ashton made careful precautions not to step in their line of sight, for he had no clue what Mala was capable of.

It wasn't until the end of the grassy route that Ashton noticed a rather peculiar plant. It harbored three ripe berries from it's vines. "Oh man, I bet Mala would love those." Ashton thought out loud as he made his way to the berry tree. He plucked the soft fruit from their branches; That is, until he was stopped by a feminene voice.

"HEY! Those aren't for you! Put them down and get your Pokemon ready!" The voice called.

Ashton turned around and tried to plead his cause to the woman, who looked about eighteen years of age with short cut, black hair. "But I was just-"

"QUIET! You were stealing those berries! Now, if you can beat me in a Pokemon battle, I'll let you have them. So call out your Pokemon!" The woman called as she threw a Pokeball to the ground. The Pokemon that was called out was a Growlithe, just like the one Ashton had back home. Ashton knew of their tendencies to be hot-headed and quick to fight, so he tried to think of ways to use that to his advantage.

"Ok then..Go Mala!" Ashton said with fierce confidence. His new Togepi appeared on the battlefield for it's first battle.

Alright! I'll just take down this Growlite with a....Egh! What are a Togepi's moves?! The thought hit Ashton like a lead pipe. Thinking quickly, he pulled out his Pokedex and looked up the current moveset for his Pokemon.

--

Wha-...WHAT?! No harmful attacks?! Wonderful...Looks like I'm gonna have to rely on wits for this battle..

"Ladies first." Ashton said with a calm tone, not daring to show his worry for not having any damaging attacks.

"Your such a gentleman" The woman said with an obvious hint of sarcasm. "Growlite! Get that worthless theif's Pokemon with Bite!"

The puppy charged at Mala, with fangs ready to pierce her soft shell. It was then that Ashton realized they were awfully close to a small pond.

Oh yea..This'll be good.. Ashton thought with a devilish grin floating across his face. "Mala, go on over to that pond please."

The Togepi, although slightly confused, walked over to the pond with Growlithe still charging at her. Not even a second before the Growlithe finished it's journey, Ashton yelled out his next command. "Mala! Move out of the way!"

And in an instant, what would've been the end of the battle for Ashton, marked the end of the battle for the, still unamed, woman. The Growlithe was in the pond, fighting to swim against it's element while Mala was safley standing at the edge of the pond. She looked at the Growlithe with a tilted head, confused as to what had happened.

"Well...That was rather strategic of you." The woman sighed, recalling her Pokemon. "As promised, the Berries are yours."

"Thanks." Ashton replied with Mala now in his arms again. "By the way, I didn't know those Berries weren't meant to be picked. So, sorry about that. By the way, what's your name? I'm Ashton"

"I'm Miranda." The woman replied, shaking hands with Ashton. "That's fine by the way. I'm just really protective about what I grow." Miranda said while fumbling around with her hands. "Well..I guess I'll see you around, Ashton"

Ashton gave a smile and wave to his newfound friend as she walked away. "Hey Mala, want some berries?" He asked, looking down at the Pokemon. Mala shook her head eagerly with a cry of "Pipipi!"

As Ashton fed Mala the berries he had just won, he thought of the friendship with his Pokemon.

I know it's to soon to judge..But I think me and Mala are gonna become the greatest of friends. Nothing will stand in our way....Nothing..

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Chapter 3: Chris' First Capture in Johto!

Chris sighed as he walked into the grass. "I wonder if I'll make as much enemies here as I did in Kanto... in fact, knowing my luck, all of those people I faced are probably going to make it hard on us all... it sucks so badly... Team Enel, you are an evil that I will have to fight, even if I have to do it alone, or with allies." Chris sighed as he realised he had stopped in the middle of the grass.

"Man, I just hope that I can assemble another team and make it to the championships this time." Said Chris to himself, not noticing a Pidgey looking on. "I mean, I probably can't use my old one, and my current has only one." But suddenly, the Pidgey swooped down, grabbed his glasses and flew off.

"Pidgey!" (T: It's mine now, and I dare you to come get it!) Screeched the Pidgey before flying off with the glasses.

"Hey! Get back here!" Yelled Chris as he started chasing the Pidgey. "Give those back!" but the Pidgey wouldn't listen. "You want to play this the hard way? Fine!" Chris grabbed a rock and threw it at the Pidgey, hitting his head and causing it to plummet for a minute, before snapping out of its shock and turning around.

"Pidge!" (T: Oh, no... you didn't hit me.) Cried Pidgey angry with Chris. "Pidgey, pidge pege!" (T: Oh, you gunna pay for that. I swear it.) The Pidgey then flew to the ground. "PIDGEY!" (T: You will die now!) The Pidgey then flew towards Chris, but he was able to dodge at the very last second before prying his glasses from the Pidgey's foot and putting them back on.

"Come on out Apollo!" Yelled Chris, sending out his Phanphy. Apollo looked around and saw the laughing Pidgey. "Use Tackle!" Apollo went in to tackle the Pidgey, but it flew up into the air, avoiding the attack entirely before tackling Apollo.

"Pidg!" (T: Hahah! You can't get me!) Taunted Pidgey. "Piggy, Pdg!!" (TL What kind of name is Apollo anyway? Oh, well... you're going down!, so I really don't care.)

"Phanphy!" (T: Well, at least I can take a hit! Unlike you! So ha!) Yelled Phanphy, but Pidgey wasn't the least bit affected. "Phanphy!" (T: You're going down today!)

"Apollo, use Tackle again!" Yelled Chris. Apollo ran towards Pidgey before jumping up quite high and slamming into Pidgey, who was still able to fly. "Now, use Defense Curl!" The Phanphy curled up into a ball, increasing his defense. Pidgey went in to Tackle Apollo, but as it's defense was pretty high at the moment, Pidgey did more damage to himself.

"Pid..." (T: Owww...) Murmured Pidgey as it started to squirm around. "Pidgey..." (T: That had to have been the stupidest thing I have ever done.) Apollo stood tall and proud before saying.

"Phan..." (T: You should run away, or you'll regret it.) Said Apollo, but Pidgey just squwaked at him. "Phanphy." (T: Oh, well... your loss.) Chris took out one of the five pokeballs the professor gave him.

"You're mine, pokeball... go!" Yelled Chris as the pokeball engulfed Pidgey. Would Chris catch Pidgey?

(ooc: Oh, and Chris chased the Pidgey to just outside Cherrygrove.)

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    To FrozenSnowman: haha i love irony. now generally you can't battle and then get a tm in the same post but because Cyndar can't learn Bulk Up i'll let it pass this time.
    Cyndar grew to Level 7!
    You received TM 08 (Bulk Up)!
    To .Sublime: good post! looks like that was one weak growlithe.
    Mala grew to Level 6!
    Mala learned Metronome!
    You found some Berries!
    To Zeta Marx...: good post! i like that pidgey's personality!
    You caught a Male Level 4 Pidgey!

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Chapter 2: Route 29

"Mar-eeeep!" Grey's new Mareep squealed as the two started making their way to route 29. "Mar- mary!"

"What a very entergetic Mareep!" Grey exclaimed. "What can I call you? Hmm… How about Zap?"

"Mareep," the Pokemon said in disgust.

"Oh, okay. How about Snow?"

"Mar! Mareeeep!"

"Okay, I guess that is settled then, Snow!"

By now the two had made it on route 29. Grey could see tons of Pokemon hiding in the grass, waiting to be captured. Grey flipped open his PokeDex.

'Mareep,' Grey read, 'The Wool Pokemon. Mareep's fluffy coat of wool rubs together and builds a static charge. The more static electricity charged, the more brightly the lightbulb at the tip of its tail glows.'

Grey scrolled on the map until finding Route 29. 'Route 29 - A very small route connecting New Bark Town and Cherrygrove City. Its a very plain route with a few grassy areas and trees bordering it. Newbie Trainers like to test their skills here and a number of easy to catch Pokemon live on the route.'

"Pokemon, aye?" Grey said, "Snow, are you ready to battle?"

"Mar-mar! Eeeeep!"

"I'll take that as a yes… now let's see if we can find anything."

The two walked into the grass, and were soon face to face with a Hoppip.

Grey's PokeDex beeped, so he flipped it open. 'Hoppip. The Cottonweed Pokemon. This Pokemon drifts and floats with the wind. If it senses the approach of strong winds, Hoppip links its leaves with other Hoppip to prepare against being blown away."

"Are you ready for a battle, Snow?"

"Mar." the Pokemon shook its head.

"Go Mareep!"

"Hop-hoppi," the Pokemon said, floating in the light wind.

"Snow – growl!"

The Mareep growled intimidating at its foe, scaring it while reducing the Hoppip's attack stat. The Hoppip splashed around in the air, presuming to have no effect.

"Huh… Snow, go ahead and use tackle!"

Snow charged in the open space between it and it's foe and leaped in the air, tackling Hoppip. The Hoppip was defenseless, and did nothing. It flew to the ground, where it was near fainting.

"Snow, one more tackle, but not so hard this time!"

Snow once again charged at its foe, now on the ground. Snow hit the Hoppip, though not nearly as hard this time.

"Snow, is it weak enough yet?"

"Mar, eep." The Pokemon nodded.

"Okay, go! PokeBall!" Grey through a PokeBall at the Hoppip, crossing his fingers.

The ball rolled on the ground. Once, twice……

OOC: More character talking in this post, so there aren't too many paragraphs.

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Chapter 2:

Chapter 2:

Max sighed and then shook his head. He wondered if Professor Oak had let Arcanine in to the back field to hang out with Max's other Pokemon. Max shook hs head frantically deciding that Professor Oak had and then turned his attention to the Pokeball in his right hand. He had been getting ready to call out his new Pokemon when he remembered the day he had first met Arcanine.

"Go, Pokeball!" Max shouted throwing the Pokeball in to the air.

In a blinding white flash a little ferret looking Pokemon materalized in front of him.

"Sen." it said sitting on its long, bushy tail.

Max, puzzled by this mysterious Pokemon, slid the Pokedex from its case. He flipped the top off and pointed it at the Pokemon.

Sentret, the Scout Pokemon.
    It has a very nervous nature. It stands up high on its tail so it can scan wide areas.

Then, as if to prove the Pokedex correct, Sentret sat on top of its tail even higher and began to scan the wide area.

"Hmmm. I've the perfect name for you, Sentret. How about Scout?" Max asked the little ferret.

"Sentret Sen!" Sentret agreed.

Sentret then lowered herself to her feet and ran up Max's body. She stopped running at his shoulder and threw her tail across his other shoulder. Max laughed figuring he looked as if he were wearing a Sentret scarf.

Then, the bushs rustled behind them and Scout quickly flipped around to see what it was. Max looked behind his shoulder as a purple rat came scurrying out of the bushs. Max recognized it swely.

"A Rattata." Max said quietly.

Scout nodded and hopped off of her trainer's shoulder. Max then turned around, careful not to step on Scout's tail. The Rattata looked from Scout to Max and back to Scout. It then hobbled over to Scout and Max noticed it was limping. It's right hind leg was badly wounded.

Max then knelt down on oth knees and sat his backpack on the ground next to him. He then rumaged around and found a nice long bandage. The Rattata tripped on a stone and fell to the ground with a thud.

"Sen!" Scout cried out wondering if the rat was ok.

"Raaa." Rattata moaned.

Max shook his head wondering what had happened and quickly wrapped a bandage around Rattata's leg. Then he heard loud footsteps.

"Where did that stupid rat go!?" he heard the voice shouting.

Then, a kid about Max's age came pounding out of a few bushs, followed by an Arcanine looked at him and then noticed the rat and looked at Max angrily.

"What are you doign for that stupid rat!?" the man shouted angrily at Max.

But Max was to lost in his own thoughts. The Arcanine the kid had looked so much like his own, but didn't act like his own.

"Arcanine." Max whispered to himself.

Then the man came pounding up to Max and grabbed him by his shirt and threatened him heavily.

"Well. Let's settle this in battle. I win you leave this Rattata alone. You win and he's all yours." Max said. As soon as he said the last words he regretted them.

"Deal." and with that the man dropped Max and walked over to a spot in the open field they had been in.

END

I will do the battle in the next post.

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    To ~|symphony♪: intresting...not too many people go after Hoppip. Still it was a good post!
    You caught a Male Level 3 Hoppip!
    To Pikalover10: How on earth are you going to get Sentret to win against an Arcanine? Now i cant wait to see!

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    (ooc: sorry for taking so long. Not my best post yet, but I think it's okay. No battling or anything though)

Gold dropped the ball on the ball causing an explosion of red light burst from it. He was just outside New Bark Town and realized he didn't properly meet his beginner pokemon yet. As the light cleared, Gold got the glimpse at his new pokemon.

Even though he didn't know the pokemon's name, Gold knew for a fact that it was some fire pokemon because of its dark red body. Though tiny in size, Gold knew that his beginner was quite powerful by looking at the way it stood; it's body straight up and arms extended out to the sides. He pulled out his pokedex to get data.

Magby, the Live Coal Pokemon, read his updated pokedex. It's body temperature is around 1,100 degrees Fahrenheit. It is healthy if breathing yellow flames.

"Magby, huh?" Gold mumbled as he placed the pokedex back in his pocket. "Well, I don't mean to break your heart, but we won't be doing hugs or anything if your body temperature is that much."

"Mag," said his new pokemon happily as it got closer behind Gold. He was looking at the route in front of him, intense in thought.

Rubbing his chin a bit, Gold mumbled and sighed. "Magby, I'm an experienced trainer. Isn't it kind of wussy to go on the route? I bet you that there are better pokemon if we go off trail a little….into the woods."
    Magby squaked at his new trainer in fear as he looked into the path of the dark woods. It was almost completely pitch black and crowded with trees. Gold looked forward with a smile at his challenge that he issued himself and started his way into the woods when he noticed Magby completely frozen in his tracks. Gold scowled as he new pokemon and walked back.
    "Aww, come on, Magby," Gold said. "You're making a too big of a deal about this. See-" Gold dug in his pocket and pulled out his old PokeGear. Quickly turning it on, he opened up a detailed map of Route 29 and shoved it under Magby's face. Tree's covered the tiny screen, and Gold jammed his fingers on the buttons to make some statistics pull up on the screen. "You see, the woods go over a mile and then we're out in the safe plains again."

Magby halted his quivering slightly and looked at Gold as if trying to make up his mind. He looked at the dark woods panicked, but then back at his trainer again. He was completely torn.

"Please?" Gold urged. "I'll be with you."

Magby sighed and smiled. Letting out a squeal of joy, he leaped up in the air, right towards Gold's arms.

"Wah, what are," Gold shouted, but he still caught the pokemon. He felt no burning as he held his pokemon snug. Gold laughed with relief. "Ha ha, we're going to be good friends. I already know it."

………………………………..

Gold wanted to cry in frustration. Stalling in the woods, Gold had searched desperately for some sort of pokemon worth more value than the average beginner ones, but had no luck. He and Magby had wasted almost two hours without even seeing a hint of a pokemon anywhere in the dark area.
    "Well, Magby, I guess you win. Our stalling has probably put us behind the other trainers. Ha, the beginner trainers are probably ahead of us now," Gold laughed. He turned around to pat his pokemon, but he was gone.

"Magby?"

Gold desperately looked around but didn't see his little partner. Though it was dark, he sensed no sign of Magby at all. A hot streak of fear went through him.

"Magby!!" Gold shouted.

"Mag, mag," responded a voice. It was feint, but at least he was close enough for Gold to get to him. Gold began to rush over to where the voice of the little fire pokemon came from. His adrenaline hotly rushed through his body as he searched for Magby. What kind of experienced trainer loses his pokemon on the first day he received it?

"Magby?" Gold said as he searched through the dark woods. It was soon becoming even darker because of the sun slowly drifting away from the sky.

"Maaaag," shouted the voice once more. Gold could tell that he was getting closer.

"Hold on Magby, I'm coming!" Gold shouted. He stopped for a moment and quickly ripped open his bag, digging around in it until he pulled out something. He clicked it on and a beam of light came out. "Ha, I can battle this darkness now," he laughed as the flashlight rested in in his hands.

Gold took another step forward, but then stopped as something caught the corner of his eye. He beamed his flashlight directly at it and gawked as his eyes discovered a large building. In the darkness, it looked completely black and haunted.

"What the-" Gold mumbled as he looked at the building. It looked to be about three stories, possibly too big to be a home, but as he thought about it, his own home was about two stories, just longer in length. Before he knew it, Gold knew he just had to go inside and look around with high hopes Magby would be in there as well.

Gold scanned the outside of the building for any sort of door. It was impossible to make out an real features of the building due to the darkness and nothing but a small flashlight. His hand felt a doorknob after a few minutes of searching and it jerked open instantly, allowing him inside.

Gold flashed his light around the area to get a good look around. He had entered into a hallway with a door on both sides of him and a staircase right directly ahead. The floors and walls actually looked fairly new with a little dust, but no paint problems or dents. To further his investigation, Gold decided to take a look around the place by peeking in one of the doors first.

After poking his head through, followed by the flashlight, Gold looked at a strange sight. What he saw was something that reminded him of his school days all over again. A large and spacious room, three long tables were stacked against the wall, a long bar against the opposite wall. Two large windows were at the very end of the room, showing the little bit of green from the trees mixed with black.

"What is this? A cafeteria?" Gold asked though nobody was there to answer. He shrugged and decided to look through the rest of the building. There was probably something way more interesting to see.

Gold discovered that the last two floors was just a hallway of empty rooms, like ones in a hotel room. Gold counted about fourteen in all; it could almost be a hotel. All it took was a peek in each room until he moved on. There just wasn't anything, yet looking in there felt so familiar. It kind of reminded him when he was a kid, poking in head in his sibling's room to ask them something or to just annoy them.

The floor creaked as Gold pulled his head back out into the hallway. He flinched and leaped backwards away from the place he was just standing, afraid that the floor was just going to collapse. He had really had enough from collapsing floors from his adventure in Kanto, where his allies accidentally started to make a company fall to ground while him and his partner, Zaron were still at the top. He was never going to forget Zaron's twisted leg when he fell down a whole floor.

Gold came upon the last room of the building. He expected no more than the others, but decided to look anyway. He was a little excited when he saw exactly what was in the room: furniture.

Gold felt himself get a little adventurous as he plowed into the room with the flashlight to search around a little, forgetting about Magby for the moment as he felt his childish side come forth in the room as he searched for something that might be of value. The room was quite tiny with simple furniture like a bed and a dresser right next to each other with the same hard wooden floor in it like the rest of the home.

Going to the dresser, Gold grabbed the handle and yanked on it. The door was completely stuck and almost impossible to open. But with just enough effort, he managed to slide it out just enough.

"Huh, what's that?" Gold questioned as he saw something at the bottom of the wooden furniture. Reaching his hand in, he pulled out the object to examine it.

Gold laid the object on the bed and beamed his flashlight on it. Spread out nicely on the bed, Gold knew what it was immediately: a necklace. Having a long silver chain, the necklace glittered in the flashlight. It was in the shape of a teardrop and even looked like it had some water inside it.
    Gold picked up the necklace and examined it in his hands. "What is this?"

"Mag!"

Gold turned around and saw his pokemon standing there in the doorway as happy as can be. Magby had found his master, filling Gold with relief. Gold grinned and ran over to pick up his pokemon.

"Well, it's getting late. I think we should just stay here for the night," Gold said yawning. With his pokemon agreeing, Gold laid out a blanket of his on the bed and collapsed, wondering who's bed this used to be, and what the necklace really was.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
    Years
    Chapter Three Part II: Lesson Learned

Silver and Makesh bounded along the grassy trail, wind to their backs, and sun in their faces. Silver recollected the events of the last battle with Joe, and it struck him that a Pidgey would not be so bad to have. The more the merrier, right? He imagined a fierce Pidgeot, wings spread ferrying him across the broad, blue sea. How great... but there were many other trainers along those routes, and he was sure that most of them had Pidgeys. Silver wanted to be original, so he supressed the urge to catch one, so he could focus on Makesh. Makesh had thoughts much like Silver's, and their combined joy radiated throughout the route. Stopping to catch his breath, Silver leaned up against a tree, and scanned the path for Pokemon. Left, nothing. Right, nothing. Center.... Ah ha! He found a small clump of grass that seemed to move. Silver crouched down and held his breath, as he crawled with Makesh to the mobile grass. A Pokemon suddenly stuck it's pink head out and yelled a small squeak. Startled, Silver flinched, and pulled out his Pokedex, as to not disturb the creature. The device identified it as a Hoppip.

"Never seen one of those here before," Silver whispered to Makesh. Makesh nodded his head in agreement, as they both closed in on the pink grass-like Pokemon. Within a foot of the Hoppip, Makesh tripped and growled rather voluminously. The Hoppip was frightened, and it began to float off.

"Crap, it's leaving," said Silver. "Makesh, hit it with your water gun!" Makesh had just learned the move, and Silver wanted to try out his elemental abilities. The Totodile raised its head, and spewed out a gushing jet of water, hitting the Hoppip dead on. What the Hoppip did suprised Silver: it faltered in the air, but continued floating along the path as if nothing had happened. Silver shrugged it off, and ordered another water gun. Once again, the Hoppip did not fall. In fact, the second blast made it travel faster in the air.

"I''m not letting you escape," Silver said, slightly irritated. "Makesh, run after it, and scratch it!" Makesh did as told, taking off a little faster than Silver expected. Silver stumbled, but ran after Makesh, who had trouble hitting the airborn foe.

Blast it... Makesh can't hurt it while Hoppip is in the air... but water gun is inneffective! Silver was stumped by the little creature. Well, it has to fall sometime... he concluded, and ordered another water gun to be used. Makesh looked slightly confused, but followed orders anyways. Yet again, the Hoppip ignored the blast, and continued to flee.

"Water Gun again!" Silver yelled, slightly frustrated. Makesh was becoming worn out, and the gusher was weaker than normal.

"Again!" persisted Silver, who refused to give up. The blast from Makesh was even weaker now. The Totodile looked at Silver in desperation, as the blasts were simply ineffective.

"Ah! Don't give up, Makesh! You are stronger than this! Hit it with a powerful one!" Panting, Makesh mustered all of the energy he could and released an all- out attack. The water gun was so weak, it failed to reach the Hoppip, who continued to distance itself.

"Again!" ordered Silver, but Makesh wouldn't have anymore of it. It collapsed on the ground, breathing heavily, it's body drained of its water power. Silver rushed over, grabbed Makesh, and without stopping, proceeded to the Hoppip, who was quite far away by now.

How can I stop this thing... water gun is worthless, Makesh is exhausted, and it is getting dark. How... How... How... Silver thought back to Joe, who was probably further along the road with his Pidgey, while he was still back, fighting a clump of grass. Aha! A sudden realization came to Silver. Though his Totodile was a water pokemon, it wouldn't hurt to get some more air time in.

"Makesh, I have an idea." Makesh opened its tired eyes, half asleep. "If you think you can handle it, we will try what we did with Joe's Pidgey. Hoppip may be too small to support, but here's what I am thinking: I can throw you up to Hoppip, and you can give it an almighty scratch. Can you handle that?" A spark flared in Makesh's eyes, and it let out a cry of determination. "Alright, let's go." Silver was getting closer to the Hoppip, who was picking up speed as it cruised along the route. Putting on more speed, Silver came within a few feet of Hoppip, and looked at the Totodile, poised to strike in his arms. "Ready... GO!" Silver yelled, and flung Makesh at the Hoppip like a cannonball. Like before, Makesh raised up its tiny, but strong, arm and brought it down with an almighty claw to Hoppip's pink body. Almost instantly, the Hoppip crashed to the ground along with Makesh, both gaping for air. Silver quickly ran to Makesh, and picked him up again. He turned to the fallen grass, and let out a victory cry.

"That was great Makesh! We have to give that combo a name..." Silver mused for a moment, then declared with heart, "Aeroclaw!" Makesh looked at Silver oddly, but put his opinions aside and gave Silver a smile. Silver smiled back, and with one last look at the unconcious Hoppip, began walking on the moonlight path, the lights of Cherrygrove City close.

"Come on, Makesh," Silver said, returning the Totodile to its ball,"We need to get you healed up!"

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Character Name: Crystal

Apperance:

It's ok if I just post up an image instead of info right, you didn't say no images. If you want me to talk about her looks instead, I'll take down the image and post up info.

Personality: Crystal is a very demanding girl. She takes battles very serious. She can be a bit roddent to the cord though. When she is mad or upset, her cries are so loud that they can bust your ear drums. Crystal loves going swining. She's a very good swinmer. She really hates bug Pokemon though. They really scare her. She loves grass types though. Her favorite is her starter, a Chikorita.

History: Crystal, has lived in Johto all her life. When she was very little, she saw the legendary Pokemon, Celebi. Ever since then, that little Celebi put a spark in Crystal's eyes. It made her want to be a Pokemon trainer more then ever.

That is what gave Crystal her love of grass Pokemon. Because of Celebi. Crystal also started planeting flowers. She loves them very much, and sometimes, wild grass Pokemon would watch her from far away planeting the flowers. They loved the way Crystal planeted they. She is very good with flowers and planets.

One day Crystal heard about Professor Elm giving out started Pokemon. She then thought about it and realized that the next day was her tenth Birthday,"I'm old enough to start my journey," she said, stars in her eyes. The next day she went to Prof. Elm's lab and got her starter Pokemon, a female Chikorita and started on her journey with Sunkern.

Pokemon Starter: Chikorita(Female)

I hope my sign up's not too short, it's always hard to make a new character, that's a different character then the one I've been using.

Last edited:

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    To Dark_Link12: Intresting post! Very good interaction with Magby!
    To PlatinumPiano: haha total fastball special! (thats from X-Men where Colossous throws Wolverine into the air...im a nerd I know) Very creative post!
    Makesh grew to Level 11!
    Makesh learned Rage!
    To Konekodemon: ok sign up but....Sunkern's taken. We do have Chikorita open however. So if you'll be our Chikorita Trainer you are accepted! Also Dark_Link12's character has a sister that looks and has the same name so please be carefull that you dont make them one and the same.

Chapter Three: Cherrygrove City
    Number of Posts: 1
    Elm Mission: None​
    Description: A small clean city. It is a stopping point for young trainers coming from New Bark Town. There is a small lake in the center of the city.
    Things you can do:
    Pokemon Center: A building that is in every town, it is easily reconizible by its red roof. They offer bedding for trainers, healing of Pokemon, and food for both, all for free!
    PokeMart: A shop that specializes in trainer products.
    Items: Potion, Antidote, Pokeball, Parlyze Heal​
    What you can do in a city
    A city in the RP is a time to relax and let your character take a break. You can do pretty much anything except battle and catch Pokemon (unless I give it the OK). In most cases city's will have a gym and other places you can explore. These are also the places where you can heal Pokemon and buy items. You can also make posts about your character getting some sleep!​

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Cherrygrove City

Jade sighed in relief as she finally entered the clean, but rather small, town known as Cherrygrove. Eyes immediately falling on the large, red building that said in large letters, "Pokemon Center," she entered, letting out a breath as the air conditioning blasted cool air against her hot skin. Walking all that much really took up a lot of energy.

"Hello, and welcome to the pokemon center," a nurse with vibrant pink hair said, smiling kindly as Jade approached. "Is this your first time?" Jade nodded. "Well, if you just hand your pokemon over, I can heal them while you get something to eat. There is a lounge in the back with plenty of room and managemet. Would you care to spend the night as well?"

Jade thought about it, eyes glancing out the window toward the darkening sky. It was either a nice warm bed or a sleeping bag with the Zubat hovering overhead. "I'd like a room, please," she answered, handing over Larvitar's pokeball.

"Only one?" Nurse Joy asked.

"Yes," Jade said, a little defensive.

Nurse Joy simply smiled back. "No offense meant, but usually beginning trainers are in such a rush that they capture the first three pokemon they meet."

Jade's lips twitched at that, completely understanding. "When should I return?"

"As you're staying the night, you may pick up your pokemon in the morning right before you leave."

Jade nodded. "Alright then, thanks." Getting a thanks as well from the nurse, as well as a card for her number, Jade hurried to the back, stomach growling loudly that caused quite a few trainers in the back to giggle. Scowling, Jade ignored them and simply sat a table right by a television. Picking up her menu, her eyes scowered the menu, eyes falling on peperoni pizza with sausage and peppers.

"Ready to order?" a young man asked, carrying a small notebook with him.

"Yes, but where are the prices?" Jade asked.

"All pokemon trainers are exempt from prices, unless, however, they take advantage of the situation and stay for more than three days unless there is an emergency," the waiter replied. "Now, what'll it be?"

Jade grinned at that, her love of being a trainer sky rocketing right there. Quickly ordering her pizza and a Dr. Pepper, Jade could hardly wait for it to come. In no time at all, her food was delivered and she happily munched away, enjoying the battle that was going on in front of her in the television.

She wasn't the only one who was watching. It was a fierce battle, one of the preliminaries for this years League battle. There was a strong looking Nidoqueen facing up against a snarling and ferocious Tyranitar. Jade grinned at the image, knowing that one day that would be her pokemon.

Finishing up, Jade retreated to her room, taking out the card Nurse Joy had given to her, getting ready to rest up for tommorow. She could just imagine all the strong, and powerful pokemon she would capture!

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    yea sure, I'll take Chikorita, that was the one I wanted anyway, but I thought it was already taken, but can it be female please, I'd feel better with a female starter, I wish you were still online though, so I'd know if it was ok, to start roleplaying

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Chapter 2 (part 2): Burned
    Max gulped and slowly walked over a few meters across fromt he strange man and his Arcanine. Scout followed him and the Rattata had been lugging around Max's feet. Max looked down at Scout and motioned for her to get in front of him.

Scout, obviously thinking Max was crazy, relentlously hobbled on to the battlefield. The man smirked and pointed a finger straight at Max.

"Little man. Do you by chance own an Arcanine?" he asked.

Max flinched and looked at the man seriously. "Yes. He has been my friend since he was a little Growlithe and I found him on the streets. Why?"

"Oh. No reason." the man said.

Max looked at the man a little suspiciously. SOmething was wrong. Then, without any command the Arcanine dashed at Scout.

"Gah! Scout, Dodge!" Max said astonished at the speed of the Arcanine.

It was as if the speed of the Arcanine was the exact same as his own. Scout looked at the Arcanine who was gaining on him. A few moments right before the Arcanine would have probably ripped her tail off, she jumped far to the right. But the Arcanine came pounding towards Max now. Max stood there frozen wondering what was going on. He then blinked once and shook his head. Then he jumped at the right time and landed backwards on the Arcanine's back. Max was breathing heavily. It was to hard for him to be on an Arcanine's back, wondering if his Arcanine was ok or not.

"Scout use Scratch!" Max managed to finally say.

Scout jumped on her tail and then pushed off the ground. She flew high in to the air as the Arcanine jumped. Then, she slammed her claws in to the Arcanine as her claws grew sharper. The Arcanine then spun around and bared its teeth in to Scout.

"Sen!" she yelped.

Max then turned around as the Arcanine threw her to the ground. She plummeted to the ground with incredible speed.

"Scout!" Max cried.

Then, what people would consider beign stupid, he lept off the Arcanine's back and fell towards Scout. He finally caught up with her before she landed and wrapped her in his arms. Luckily, they were plummeting towards a lake. They then splashed in to the water, spraying a bunch of it on the man and little on the Arcanine. The Rattata was currently coweirng inside a hole in a tree, looking out of a small little hole.

Max's whole insides hurt. He was drowning, and he knew it. His eyelids then began to linger closer and closer to being closed. Then, he remembered something about the Arcanine. It's eyes were pitch black. It had been mind controled. Max eyes then shot open.

HE then began to swim towards the top with Scout in his right arm. His head finally appeared above the water and he let Scout's head above the water too. He then looked closely at the Arcanine and it was just as he guessed. His eyes began to tear up with rage.

"You dirtbag. Give me back my Arcanine!" Max yelled at the man with rage.

"Hah! Yours? Never!" the man replied.

"YEs he is! You stole him from Professor Oak. He always has had a blood stane on his mane since he was cut and I totally ignored it! Give me back my Arcanine!" Max yelled.

He climbed out of the lake and Scout did to. He then dashed at the man with rage overflowing him. The man snapped his fingers and then the Arcanine dashed at Max. Then, the world went blank to Max. He opened his eyes to find his best friend, Arcanine, with his teeth sunk deeply into Max's right arm. He didn't cry because it hurt. He started crying because he looked in to those deep, dakr, empty eyes. This was his Arcanine's body, but not his soul.

"What did you do to him?" Max demanded.

"Oh. Him? I just used a Drowzee to put him in a mind control type of sleep. He won't wake up unless you do somethign severe to his memory. Right now, he hates everyone but me and my Pokemon." the man said.

Max then looked at Arcanine. Then, the next thing Max knew, the man had yelped in pain and standing on top fo the man was Scout who had sinked her claws in to the man's left arm.

Arcanine. It hurt Max to even think the name. All the memories Max shared with Arcanine raced through his head. Then, the Arcanine let go of Max and dashed at Scout.

"Scout! Dodge!" Max yelled.

Scout then turned around and jumped away form the on coming dog. The man sat up obviously he was going to try to punch Scout off of him, but instead his fist slammed in to Arcanine.

"Arcanine! Wake up buddy!" Max pleaded.

But the arcanine kept trying to ram in to Scout, who would repeatedly just jumped passed, around, over, under, and away from him. Every time Scout managed to dodge Arcanine, the dog would slam in to something. And eventually, it got to much for Arcanine and Scout was wiped.

"Scout use Scratch!" Max said.

Scout jumped to head level of the Arcanine and sliced her claws across his face. Arcanine yelped and fell to the ground knocked out. The man quickly returned Arcanine and looked at Max ruefully.

"You'll never get this Arcanine back. You can bet on it." then, the man dashed away before Max could do anything else.

Max sighed and flopped down to the ground and held his bleeding arm. It stung, but Max was a little used to it. It had happened before, but not like this. Now, Max definately had some motivation for his journey through Johto.

END​

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    Silver, where are you? I haven't seen you forever.

Gold

Gold clicked the send button and his message was gone, heading to the phone of his older brother. He played the message in his head and laughed at the irony. It was funny how three years ago he really wouldn't have given a care where Silver was. But the laughter faded away when he thought once again how long he had been gone; like five months or something. Through the years, Gold had really gotten closer to his least favorite sibling, and even though he was eighteen it didn't mean he should just take off. It was extremely unfair to him.

He looked at the path ahead, path finally. It had been awhile since Gold left the mysterious house, mansion, whatever, and it didn't take long to finally get out of the woods to Magby's relief. It was now a straight forward path to Cherrygrove because of the "shortcut" they took which meant it wouldn't take that long to reach the city and catch up with the other trainers.

The glistening blue necklace was strapped around Gold's neck over his red vest. He had found the mysterious necklace appealing and, well, mysterious. He had to keep it extremely close to him to make sure it didn't break or anything. Maybe he was just unleashing his feminine side.

"Mag," said his pokemon walking next to him, side to side. Gold peeked over at his pokemon and raised his eyebrows. Magby had completely stopped and was motioning for Gold to pick him up.

Chuckling, Gold picked up the fire pokemon like a baby crying for its mother and snuggled him. "Ya know, my old beginner pokemon, Pikachu, didn't give me this much trouble. He rode my shoulder until I forgot he was there. But you, you're proving to be a pain."

Magby laughed playfully.

"Aww, how sweet," snarled a voice. Gold looked upward away from his snuggled pokemon and looked with glaring eyes at who had just insulted him and his new pokemon. He saw a boy standing there, maybe eleven years old with grueling eyes and a smile that made Gold want to whomp him.

"Hey, hotshot. Miss the sign-ups for the kiddie convention?" Gold asked sarcastically. It was a lame joke, but what did he have to worry about? He was talking to a little kid.

"Ha ha, you're funny for a guy snuggling your pokemon like a baby. What are you, seventeen or something.? Shouldn't guys like that be a little bit more manly?"

Gold laughed and laughed hard. It was mainly out of pure embarrassment for the kid. He purely had no idea for a guy with a big mouth.

"Kid, you need to grow up. I'm fifteen and I barely pass the preteen maturity."

"Caught that already," the kid mumbled. It was just loud enough for the Gold and frustrate him.

"Look, buddy, if you have no purpose except insulting the hell out of me, then I'm a little too old to play in the peewee division."

Hoisting Magby up a little more, Gold began to walk past the kid.

"Then I guess you're too chicken to battle a 'kid,'" the boy challenged. "My beginner pokemon could totally whup your butt."

"Ignoring!"

Gold walked by the boy, making it an appoint to shove him in the side as hard as he could with his left hand. He continued onward, without looking back.

"I like your jewelry. Did your mom give it to you? Oh wait, I know, it's hers and you stole it."

Gold completely lost his temper. He whirled around and took a swing at the child. The boy laughed while ducking and scooted backward where Gold couldn't reach him. It was totally out of Gold's personality to pick fights, but this boy was really ticking him off.

"I was actually being nice to you, little boy," Gold hissed angrily. "In case you didn't know, I'm an experienced trainer and you're just some newbie. But you've really ticked me off now."

Gold tried to control his anger a little and took a deep breath while looking down at Magby. "Magby, you can do this, buddy. I know its your first battle, but you have to win. No pressure, okay?"

Magby looked at his master nervously, but nodded to show some confidence. He leaped out of Gold's arms into the battlefield.

"Experienced trainer? Whatever," the kid laughed. "You walk around like some loser wannabe. Now meet one of the strongest pokemon you will ever see!" The boy held up a red and white ball that glittered in the sunlight and tossed it in the air. It fell down on the ground and cracked open. Gold watched as a pokemon popped out and took form in the red light.

Gold looked at the pokemon closely after it had come out of the ball. Standing on its tail to levitate, the pokemon almost looked like a little flying squirrel with its short arms and wide body. Gold pulled out his pokedex.

Sentret, the Scout Pokemon. It has a very nervous nature. It stands on its high tail to scan wide areas.

"Mmm, it doesn't that intimidating, but I won't let my guard down," Gold mumbled as he pocketed the pokedex. That is a major lesson he learned in Kanto. You can't judge a pokemon by its looks- ever.

"Ha, lets see how big and bad you are now!" the boy shouted. "Sentret, use scratch!"

Sentret dove into action with its short arms extended and its tail extended behind it stiffly like a rabid animal. Magby stood underneath the squirrel stiff and ready to go.

"Magby, don't be brave!" Gold shouted urgently. "Dodge!"

Magby peeked behind for a moment with a small hint of dismay in his face before loosing his posture and rolling to the side and causing Sentret to hop into an unoccupied area of land.

"Arg, Sentret, hit it with quick attack!"

Gold was completely familiar with this move and knew he wouldn't have enough to time to warn Magby along with instruction. Soon, Magby would know what certain moves to dodge, but he was still so new to battling.

"Magby!" Gold shouted.

Just like that, Magby was slammed hard by the brute force of the squirrel. Magby was sent soaring until he hit hard near where Gold was standing. He got up slowly, but strongly. Gold knew that Magby was an extremely strong-willed pokemon and wasn't about to give up.

"Magby, don't worry about it. You're doing fine. We just have to find this loser and his pokemon's weakness."

"Sentret, scratch!"

Just like that, the battle was once again starting and Gold had to get back in focus. Magby became alert as well and got back into the same fighting stance as he did the previous scratch attack. Knowing about repetitive attacks as a common tactic by pokemon trainers, Gold decided that he wasn't going to fall for the quick attack scheme again and was going to follow along with Magby.

"Magby, repel that thing with a hard smog attack!" Gold shouted.

Magby let out a burst of poisonous breath from his mouth, smacking Sentret hard and throwing it back. The squirrel landed on his back hard and sat there for a moment before getting up. The boy scowled at the down pokemon of his.

"That was such a weak attack," the boy growled. "Sentret, use scratch again!"

Sentret dove in with another attack. Magby rolled to the side to dodge.
    Gold looked wide-eyed at the battle. He understood everything that was going on.

This kid has absolutely no strategy. He attacks with brute force and raw power. If I take away his attacking ability, then I win. Period.

Gold grinned that he got everything completely sorted and he had a chance to win--and rub it in the kid's face. He winked at Magby who was in the middle of the battlefield to encourage him a little.

"Sentret, quick attack!" the boy shouted. He added a touch of moaning in his voice, a touch of impatience.

Gold reacted quickly this time. "Quick! Use your smog to fog up the area!"

Magby gently released the same poisonous smoke, covering the area in a light purple fog. Although Gold couldn't see his pokemon, he had to trust that he was following his trainer's orders.

"Weaken defense, Magby! Use leer as much as you can!" Gold shouted.
    "Find Magby and hit it with scratch!" the boy shouted frustrated.

Gold sighed and shook his head. This kid had to know better that his pokemon couldn't see in this smoke, nor could his own. He had to trust some other solution to win, but all he could think about is taking out his opponent.

The smoke soon cleared and Gold could see the two pokemon. Gold grinned when he saw Magby with glowing eyes and an intense posture. Poor sentret looked confused in the opposing side.

"Sentret, finish this with Quick Attack!" the boy shouted.

"Smog, head on, Magby!" Gold shouted. Magby released the strongest poisonous attack he could, and it hit directly into Sentret. The impact from the two attacks hitting dead on was too much for Sentret and it crumpled on the ground.

Gold grinned out of satisfaction. "Good job, Magby," he congratulated his pokemon. Magby turned around and looked at his trainer gleefully.
    The boy had already recalled his pokemon and was looking at Gold angrily. "You cheated!" he shouted.

"Hey, using my pokemon's attacks isn't cheating. I won fair and square," Gold replied calmly. " I did warn you, didn't I?"

The boy turned red out of pure anger as Gold picked up Magby and held him tight with pure amusement on his face. "This isn't the last time you'll see me. My name's J.T, and you won't be walking around like the know it all for long."

Gold didn't say anything. He just shrugged and walked off, leaving J.T behind.

………………………..

"Wow, that was pretty crazy!" Gold exclaimed. He was farther down the path with Magby and was talking about the crazy battle they had just had. "You won your first battle!"

Magby smiled again, appreciating Gold's comments. Gold grinned back.
    "You know, this deserves some sort of reward. How bout some ice cream when we hit town?"

Magby's look of joy changed to pure disgust. Gold looked at him confused for a minute before he understood. He laughed out of joy.

"Ha ha right. That probably doesn't work for you well. Then I promise you some hot Mexican, alright?"

Magby laughed and so did Gold. As they walked into Cherrygrove city, Gold was amazed at the great bond he built with his pokemon only two days into the journey. This was becoming Kanto all over again, the ultimate dream that Gold had been wishing for.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back