• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon Adventure: Kanto Region

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    To Rubii Naruto: that was a good post! it was a little hard to keep up with but after reading it a few times i think i got it.
    Ivysaur grew to Level 34!
    Pidgeot grew to Level 46!
    To Dark Link12: creative post with Flamethrower!
    Flareon forgot Tail Whip and learned Flamethrower!

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    (ooc: Eh, I wasn't really paying attention. Besides, it's not a 'special' plotline... well it is, but it happens a lot in movies and junk like that. This battle may be hard to follow, as there are four people involved in a double battle, and I suck at those. This is long, and there will be one death.)

Chapter 49: The Battle on Biker's Bridge (Part 4)

"Come on out, Dugtrio!" Yelled Chris as he summoned the mole-thing.

"Let's go, Porygon!" Yelled Bob, still mad about loosing five of his men. "Solarbeam!" Porygon started to charge up its attack.

"Earth Power on the Raichu!" Yelled Chris. Dugtrio fired rocks at Raichu, but Captain's Blastoise blocked the hit.

"Use Hydro Pump Blastoise!" Yelled Captain. Blastoise fired the jet of water, but Dugtrio hid in the ground. "Now use Dig!" Blastoise dug under the ground, ready to come up anywhere.

"Solarbeam on the Raichu!" Yelled Bob. Porygon fired the Solarbeam, but Raichu was able to dodge it using his way superior speed.

"Thunder on Porygon!" Yelled Samuel. Raichu fired a powerful lightning bolt, but since the attack was so slow, Porygon was able to get out of the way in time.

"Rise now!" Yelled Captain, and Blastoise hit Dugtrio out of the ground, with a little bit of rock covering the mole's hands and feet... Dugtrio was down.

"Return Dugtrio, come on out Crobat!" Yelled Chris as he sent out his fastest pokemon.

"Discharge, now!" Yelled Bob. Porygon sent out an electrical shock that hurt Blastoise quite a bit, but hardly hurt Raichu at all.

"Raichu, use Agility!" Yelled Samuel, allowing his Raichu to become even faster. "Now Rain Dance!" This time, Raichu danced a weird dance, but it summoned rain inside. (Don't ask me how.)

"Blastoise, use Ice Beam!" Yelled Captain. Blastoise fired an Ice Beam, but Crobat was able to dodge it, but just barely.

"Crobat, return with a Poison Fang!" Yelled Chris. Crobat flew towards Blastoise before biting into it, causing it to get poisoned.

"Porgon, finish off Blastoise with Discharge!" Yelled Bob. Porygon fired out the electrical pulse, knocking out the poisoned Blastoise, and not doing too much against Raichu.

"Come on out, Kingler!" Yelled Captain as he sent out the crab. Use Ice Beam on Porygon! Make the readers interested!"

"I said shut up about the stupid readers thing! They don't exist!" Yelled Samuel. "Raichu, use Thunder on Crobat!" The two attacks each knocked out a pokemon.

"Grr... come on out Arbok!" Yelled Bob as he sent out the snake.

"Ivysaur, the stage is yours!" Yelled Chris. And Ivysaur stared at her enemies.

"Use Thunder Fang Arbok!" Yelled Bob. Arbok lunged at Kingler with it's mouth full of electricity, and bit down doing major damage.

"No, Kingler! Use Protect!" Yelled Captain. Kingler formed a green shield around it, and grinned since it had protection.

"Raichu, use Thunder on Arbok!" Yelled Samuel. Raichu fired another Thunder, knocking Arbok out.

"Crap, come on out Marowak! Use Bonemerang on Raichu!" Yelled Bob. Marowak threw the bone at the Raichu. The Raichu made movements, but tripped on its feet before being hit twice by the bone, knocking it out.

"Grrr... Return Raichu! Come on out Crobat!" Yelled Samuel, as his powerhouse had to be withdrawn. The rain had stopped at that point.

"Ivysaur, use Razor Leaf on Kingler!" Yelled Chris. Ivysaur fired the Razor Leaf, but the Protect was still up.

"Crap, this is bad." Said Bob as he looked at the the Crobat.

"What's bad?" Asked Chris, and Bob pointed to the Crobat.

"Your attacks can hit it, but they won't do much damage, and My attacks cannot hit it, even though it would do a ton of damage." Said Bob. "Do you have anything in there that could help us? I mean, your Pidgeot is too hurt to help, and Dragonair, and Primeape won't do much good here."

"...Yes, take my Rock Tomb, teach your Marowak it, and you can beat the Crobat." Said Chris. Bob took the disc and placed it on Marowak's head.

"Learn it, fast." Said Bob, but at this time, Kingler's shield went down.

"Kingler, use Ice Beam!" Yelled Captain. Kingler fired the Ice Beam at Ivysaur, but the grass pokemon jumped out of the way at the last second before firing a Razor Leaf, knocking out the Kingler. "No! Return Kingler!" Yelled Captain before summoning a Gyarados which levitated over the floor for some reason.

"Crap... Are you done yet Bob?" Asked Chris, but the TM's color was still draining. "This is going to be hard."

"Crobat, use Agility!" Yelled Samuel, as his Crobat increased its speed.

"Finished! Use Rock Tomb Marowak!" Yelled Bob. Marowak tried to use the attack, but the attack was too weak to do damage... but it had another purpose as more rock came up behind it.

"Gyarados, use Hyper Beam!" Yelled Captain. Gyarados fired the beam, sending Bob, Ivysaur, Chris, and Marowak outside. "After then, the readers know that they are alive, and so do I!" Yelled Captain as he and Gyarados followed.

"You are an idiot!" Yelled Samuel as he followed as well, probably to get Captain, and Crobat followed as well.

(Sandy)

"Heh, it's time for your treatment." Said the male scientist as he grabbed a knife. "This will hurt a lot, but we need your left arm."

"Why?" Asked Sandy secretly reaching for her Nidoking's pokeball.

"We have a very important client, and we need your arm to produce more of this thing." Said the male scientist. "We gave you this arm ten years back, and we can take it back as well."

"That's nice, but why don't you pay attention to what your opponent is doing." Said Sandy as she summoned her Nidoking. "Use Brick Brake, we have to help the others!" Nidoking punched the male scientist through the wall. "Let's go." And with that, Sandy and Nidoking jumped through the hole in the wall.

(Chris, Bob, Captain, and Samuel)

Samuel looked a his opponents, surprised that they were still alive. "Wha? How did you survive?"

"Remember that Rock Tomb Bob fired earlier?" Asked Chris. Samuel's eyes widened in realization.

"It was a shield... I should have known better." Said Samuel.

"I knew it!" Yelled Captain. And as soon as Chris and Bob got up, the battle continued.

"Use Rock Tomb on Crobat!" Yelled Bob. Four rocks fell from the sky, landing on Crobat, knocking it out.

"Grrr... how dare you knock out my Crobat! Come on out, Tentacruel!" Yelled Samuel as he sent out his last pokemon.

"How can we win? Captain and Samuel are too powerful." Said Chris as he stepped back.

"Grrr... I hate that man. He killed some of my bikers, and is beating me in combat." Said Bob before looking down in frustration.

"Nidoking, use Hyper Beam on Gyarados!" Yelled Sandy as she landed right next to Chris and Bob. Nidoking fired the Hyper Beam, knocking out Gyarados, and Tentacruel.

"What?! That's illegal!" Yelled Samuel. "Three on one isn't fair!"

"Not our problem." Said Bob. Samuel grimaced before saying.

"You will all die, I planted several explosives around here... If I am defeated in battle, then the bombs will go off automatically." Said Samuel before sending out Mr. Mime. Use Psychic on all three!" Mr. Mime sent off a blast of Paychic energy, knocking out Marowak, and Nidoking, before binding them to the cliff wall.

"Heh, you're bluffing." Said Chris. Captain nodded in agreement.

"Ayie, he be speaking the truth. You never planted explosives around here." Said Captain. "After all, the readers..."

"Shut up! I've had enough of you and your talk about imaginary readers!!" Yelled Bob as he pushed Captain off of the cliff, and into the gaping depths. "You ruined my plan! Mr. Mime, use Psychic!" But Mr. Mime was still focused on holding Sandy and Bob to the wall.

"Ivysaur, use Razor Leaf on Mr. Mime!" Yelled Chris. Ivysaur fired a Razor Leaf at Mr. Mime, breaking his concentration, and it was a critical, so it did some damage. "Now use Take Down!" At this point, Ivysaur was next to Mr. Mime, so she just slammed him into the cliff wall, knocking him out. Samuel returned his pokemon before saying.

"I'm sorry for the grief I've given you?" But this apology was fake, and everyone knew it.

"Ivysaur, use Take Down." Said Chris, but as Ivysaur started the charge, she evolved. And finished just as she got to where Samuel was. "Now!" And with that, Venusaur hit Samuel over the cliff and into the depths, but with a revive, he brought Tentacruel back and escaped his death.

(Two Hours later)

Bob snorted as Chris and Sandy got off. "That's your payment for helping me gain back my honor, but if you ever come back here again... I'll send more then a Steel Scyther after you." Bob got on his bike and rode off to where his pals were.

"Phew, I'm glad that's over... see you later Sandy, I have to get my fifth badge." Said Chris as he ran off into Fuschia City.

"Hey! Wait for me! I need my fifth badge too!" Yelled Sandy as she too ran into Fuschia City.

(ooc: Did that confuse you? I hope not. Here are the teams.
    Samuel: Raichu Lv. 45, Crobat Lv. 43, Mr. Mime Lv. 39, Tentacruel Lv. 46
    Captain: Blastoise Lv. 41, Kingler Lv. 40, Gyarados Lv. 43
    Rest in peace Captain... you will be missed.)

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Episode 23: The Haunted Bridge

Derek's eyes flickered open, he looked up and saw the full moon glaring down at him... he tried to remember what had happened, but all he could recall was the electric explosion back on the bridge.
    Where was he now? He looked around, he was in a forest like area and was lying on his back... but, he was moving! He spun his head and saw Kendrick, limping along while dragging Derek with him.
    Derek freed himself from Kendrick's grip and jumped to his feet, "What going on!?" he screamed.

Kendrick turned around lazily, "The explosion... knocked you out, Magneton's power blew up the bridge and a steel beam hit you in the head," he explained, then stopped to look down at his leg... which had a large piece of shrapnel sticking out of it, "I wasn't as lucky."

Derek was still a bit woozy, "What about Richards? Did he survive it?"

Kendrick was going pale, but was trying to stay strong, "I don't know, after the explosion I returned Magneton and grabbed you... I jumped into the water and swam to shore," he stopped to look around for a second, "We've got to find a clearing, then we can call in a TR Rescue Helicopter."

Derek nodded and grabbed Kendrick's arm, putting it around his neck, "Come on..." he said as he helped his accomplice through the thick wooded area.

~~~~~

A large tongue flapped down and licked Zeke's face, waking him up immediately, "Huh! What happened?" he asked, looking around into the darkness of night... but no-one was there.
    He turned his head and saw Golbat, that's who had woke him up, "Are you alright?" he asked, Golbat nodded... he had managed to escape the blast. Suddenly Zeke lifted his head, "Where's Vaporeon!?" he asked, practically demanding an answer... about five metres away, Zeke saw Vaporeon's motionless body.

Zeke tried to stand up, but one of his arms was pinned down by a large steel beam, "Golbat! Get this thing off of me!" he screamed. The large bat tried his best to move the beam, but it was too heavy.
    Desperately, Zeke reached for a Pokéball on his belt and called upon Nidorino, "Nidorino! Help Golbat move this beam."

The combined strength off the two Pokémon was enough to push the beam, so that Zeke could free his arm... which was broken.
    Carefully, Zeke pulled himself up and inched over to Vaporeon's body... he placed his hand on her chest, she was breathing... but he had to get her to a Pokémon Centre right away.

Zeke returned Nidorino and looked around, trying to find a bike... but they had all been destroyed by Magneton's last attack, "Looks like we're going to have to walk," he said, returning Vaporeon to her Pokéball, "Golbat, do you think you could help me get to Fuchsia?"

Golbat didn't reply, he just flapped there... slowly lowering to the ground. Once he landed he began to glow a bright light, which lit up the dark night sky.
    Golbat's body got smaller and his wings got longer, his feet shrunk and grew out to form a new pair of wings.
    The light faded and there was a purple bat, flying in front of Zeke... he pulled out his Pokédex in an attempt to identify the new Pokémon.

Crobat: the evolved form of Golbat.
    No other information available.

Zeke smiled at his new Pokémon, "Ok buddy, let's get going..."

~~~~~

Zeke had been following Crobat along Cycling Path for about half an hour, the two had stumbled upon a group of trainers... simply sitting in the middle of the road, as if they were waiting for something.
    Zeke cleared his throat and approached a boy with pitch black hair and grey eyes, "Uhm... excuse me, what's going on here?" he asked.

The boy turned to him, all jittery, "We're waiting... for the Ghost. Every night for the past week, a Pokémon has been coming to his exact spot... people say that it is waiting for the right trainer, because it won't let anyone battle it."

Zeke scratched his head, but then remembered when Gastly had helped him out in at Rock Tunnel and in Pokémon Tower and also at Celadon City Gym, "I'd love to stay and wait with you guys, but I'm in a hurry... I have to get my injured Pokémon to Fuchsia City."

"Sorry buddy, no-one is going anywhere until morning..." replied the boy, "The Ghost won't let anyone pass."

"Screw the Ghost!" blurted out Zeke as he and Crobat walked through the group of people. Suddenly storm clouds gathered and a thick fog began to cover the area, "I'm not afraid of you, Ghost!"

In a flash, Gastly appeared in front of Zeke... smiling cheerfully, "It's you! Why have you been following me?" asked Zeke.

Gastly flew into the air and came back down, going in circles around Zeke, "The Ghost has chosen you!" shouted the boy, "You must battle it!"

Gastly nodded at Zeke and he sighed, "Alright, if it will stop you from following me..." Zeke pulled a Pokéball off his belt and tossed it out, "Go Charmeleon!" he called, the red lizard Pokémon appeared and growled angrily at Gastly.

Gastly cheered happily and glared at Charmeleon, the flame Pokémon froze and began shaking violently, "Night shade..." whispered Zeke.
    "Charmeleon! Shake it off and use Dragon Rage!" yelled Zeke, more wanting to get the battle over with... than to win.

Charmeleon bent over and bellowed a plume of blue flames at Gastly; they engulfed the Ghost Pokémon and made it shake its head in anger. Gastly shook off the attack and glared angrily at Charmeleon, the Ghost Pokémon writhed in pain... and suddenly Charmeleon began to as well.

"Gastly just laid a Curse upon Charmeleon!" yelled the boy standing behind Zeke, "You're going to have to defeat Gastly quickly."

Gastly laughed evilly and suddenly a phantom fist, just like the one's Zeke had seen so many times before, appeared in the air. Zeke knew what was coming, "Charmeleon jump into the air and then dive at Gastly!"

The group of trainers behind Zeke were confused; Charmeleon's would have to effect on a Ghost Pokémon. Charmeleon didn't stop to question Zeke, he jumped into the air just in time... the large fist went under him and turned around, ready to come back from behind. Charmeleon dived forward and the fist followed him, Charmeleon simply went straight through Gastly... but the fist that was following him hit the Ghost head on and knocked it out.

Zeke's plan had worked and now Gastly was his for the taking, he grabbed an empty Pokéball and threw it at Gastly... the Ghost Pokémon was engulfed in a flash of red light and now all Zeke could do was wait.

Last edited:

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    "Guys, let's go!" Gold shouted. After Ivysaur swiped a man with vine whip, all his pokemon took off after him and they bolted down the hallway. It was hectic and crazy. It was almost like a pokemon war between his group and the Collectors. More than a few times, Gold had to dodge an attack coming at him. He was glad he was wearing one of the uniforms, though. It probably would've been worse if he didn't.

"Brat, you're not going anywhere," growled a Collector at Gold. Gold was slammed hard in the chest and thrown back. The wind was knocked out of him and he gasped for air. Zaron was next to him, battling another member with his pokemon.

Gold stood up quickly, rubbing his chest. One of the members of the Collectors was standing there with a pokemon that looked like a mantis with major sharp blades swiping against each other.

"Pikachu, get them both with thunderbolt," Gold gasped. Normally he didn't attack the trainers as well, but it was either him or them, and it wasn't going to be him. Pikachu blasted lightning at the pokemon and its trainer. The pokemon leaped forward and used its blades to deflect the attack like a shield.

"What is that thing," Gold mumbled. He whipped out his pokedex and quickly pointed it at the pokemon to get data.

Scyther, the Mantis pokemon, it read. It is nearly impossible to parry its attacking scythes. Its movements are like a ninja's.

"Kid, give up the game! You are part of a losing battle!" the guy grunted. Gold gritted his teeth hard as he put the pokedex back in his pocket. Scyther swiped its scythes to intimidate. "Scyther, quick attack!" shouted the grunt.

"Ivysaur, use vine whip to trip that thing!" Gold shouted. Ivysaur quickly leaped forward and stuck a vine out. Gold waited for the pokemon to trip, but it never happened. Scyther zipped over the vine and continued straight for Gold. Then a blast of fire hit Scyther, making it fly back. Gold looked over and saw Zaron and a growlithe next to him.

"Gold, find where all the taken pokemon are and get them back. You need to find your pokemon, and your pokemon are powerful enough to beat the obstacles. I'll try to hold off these punks as long as possible!"

Gold gulped, but he didn't complain. He took off past the grunt.

"Ivysaur, use sleep powder!" Gold shouted. As the group was running, Ivysaur sprayed powder all over the grunt with the Scyther. He collapsed on the ground, next to his fainted Scyther.

"Guys- I have no idea where to go!" Gold shouted as they ran down the hallway. His pokemon looked at him confused, but continued to run.

"Ah, there's one right there!" someone shouted. Gold looked ahead and saw two grunts dressed in black run at him. Gold should've been afraid, but he found this as an opportunity. He quickly stopped and faced the two guys.

"Hi, guys, like our break in?" Gold asked with a grin. He felt even braver with his pokemon surrounding him.

"Laugh it up, kid, but your guy's terror is over. Think you can overrun us?" laughed one grunt. "Let's take this punk out."

"I do not think so. Pidgeot, go," Gold ordered. Pidgeot swooped towards the two men and slammed them both hard to the wall. She pinned them both with her large, powerful wings like little bugs in a spiderweb. Gold smiled and ran over to the two guys.

"Now you're going to answer a few questions. Where are you keeping all the pokemon?" Gold demanded. The grunts both snorted. Pidgeot squeezed harder with her wings and pushed them up against the wall. They both began to gasp for air like crazy.

"Okay, they're on the top floor!" One of them gasped. Gold grinned with satisfaction that one of them finally cracked. He nodded at Pidgeot and she loosened her grip on the two men, making them collapse on the ground and gasp for air.

"Ivysaur, use sleep powder," Gold ordered. Ivysaur sprayed powder on the two men, making them pass out on the base floor.

With the information, Gold rushed up the nearest staircase with his pokemon with him and crawled up them until he finally reached the highest floor. He ran down the hallway and began to peek in the doors with his pokemon close by.

"What, what's this room?" Gold mumbled. He jerked open the door and walked inside. It was pitch dark and cold, so Gold quickly flipped on the light and looked around in shock. Pokeballs surrounded the area stacked on shelves high and tall. There were hundreds of them all around the area. "No way, it's the pokemon," Gold said in shock. He quickly rummaged around in his pocket and pulled out his PokeGear. He dialed Zaron's number and got him immediately.

"The pokemon are on the top floor! Come up here, quickly!" Gold shouted.

"We'll be right up," Zaron responded. He hung up and Gold quickly put his device back in the pocket of the uniform.

Groups of trainers in uniforms quickly came up and began to pile pokeballs in their uniforms and bags. They continued to come and go and the room got emptier and emptier. Zaron came up and patted Gold on the shoulder.

"Good job. This mission is almost complete. All we have to do is take this building down now," he said. Gold grinned at the success and watched as the pokeballs finally disappeared. Zaron began to leave the room. "C'mon," he said.

"I'll be there in a sec," Gold said. He wanted to look around the room and make sure everything was cleared from the room. He looked around the shelves and everything, but couldn't find anything at all.

"Well, I guess it's time to go," Gold mumbled.

"I don't think so. We're not through with you yet, little boy," hissed a voice. Gold felt the chill run down his spine and turned around to face the voice only to get struck across the head and knocked to the ground unconscious……again.

(ooc: Next post will have a real battle in it.)

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    To Rubii Naruto: good post! no it wasn't confusing but yes captain will be missed...
    Dugtrio grew to Level 42!
    Dugtrio is trying to learn Slash! But Dugtrio can only know four moves! Delete a move for Slash?
    Crobat grew to Level 47!
    Crobat is trying to learn Haze! But Crobat can only know four moves! Delete a move for Haze?
    Ivysaur grew to Level 38!
    Ivysaur is trying to learn Worry Seed! But Ivysaur can only know four moves! Delete a move for Worry Seed?
    Ivysaur evolved into Venusaur!
    To Kevmysta: very good post!
    Golbat evolved into Crobat!
    You caught a Level 24 Female Ghastly!
    To Dark Link12: ooo good post!
    Ivysaur grew to Level 36!
    Ivysaur is trying to learn Worry Seed! But Ivysaur can only know four moves! Delete a move for Worry Seed?
    Pidgeot grew to Level 43!

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
    Years
    Route 16 (Part 1) Meeting along the Cycling Road

Ramon and Vanessa had made it to the Cycling Road and decided to have a seat on the ground. "So what's this place all about?" Vanessa asked Ramon.

"This place is the Cycling Road; they won't allow pedestrians on it because it's like a bicycle highway." Ramon laughed.

"This stinks, how am I suppose to get to Fuchsia City now…?" Vanessa wondered.

Suddenly Ramon remembered something, "Vanessa I have to go do something in Celadon City." Ramon said as he got up.

"What are you going to do there, gamble all day long?" Vanessa asked glaring at Ramon as he ran off.

"Uhhh, no I'm going to go shopping." Ramon lied.

"Fine, leave me alone out here to die." Vanessa pouted.

"Okay, thanks for understanding, bye Vanessa!" Ramon exclaimed as he disappeared from Vanessa's sight.

Vanessa was very confused now, how was she going to find a bike to use? Suddenly a woman in a black cloak came behind Vanessa. "Excuse me, what do you think your doing here?" the woman asked.

"I need to go down Cycling Road, but I don't have a bike to use…" Vanessa whimpered.

The woman looked very confused, "Why don't you just rent a bicycle here?" the woman asked as she pointed to a rent shop right behind Vanessa.

"Oops, thanks for helping me miss; by the way I'm Vanessa." Vanessa smiled.

"That's nice to know." The woman said as she got a bike for Vanessa to use.

"I was asking what your name is." Vanessa asked.

"Well, actually I don't really know who I am… its strange really." The woman replied.

"That's a shame, but why don't you know who you are?" Vanessa asked confused.

"Apparently, I was found at sea by Cycling Road by several bikers. They were nice enough to take me to this shop to rest. As I finally got up, this man told me to run this Rent-A-Bike shop while he went on vacation. It's pretty fun, plus I get a nice amount of money." The woman laughed.

"That does sound like a lot of fun-" Vanessa paused.

"Is something wrong Vanessa?" the woman asked.

For some reason, Vanessa thought that she had seen this woman before, she just didn't know where. "It's nothing, anyways how long is the Cycling Road?" Vanessa asked.

"It's pretty long; you may have to camp out for a day or two. Luckily there are a few rest stops along the way." The woman said.

"Wow that is very long, I might need some company, and do you think you could come along with me?" Vanessa asked nicely.

"I'm afraid I can't come with you, I still have to rent out bikes for people." The woman chuckled.

"I guess that's alright, I'll be fine on my own." Vanessa smiled.

"Good luck along Cycling Road… you'll need it." The woman frowned.

"What do you mean by that?" Vanessa asked.

"You'll find out, it's too terrifying for me…" the woman sobbed.

"Alright, I'll be careful." Vanessa laughed.

"You better be Vanessa." The woman said.

"I guess I'll be seeing you later Claudia-" Vanessa paused, "Oops, sorry just ignore that." Vanessa then started to ride down the path joyfully and started to hum a tune, "R/B/Y Celadon City Theme"

"Claudia…" the woman whispered. "I like that name…"

OOC: Sorry for the short post, I'll try to make the next one a little better D=

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Episode 24: Battle for the Big Pokémon!

The sun's heat was intense, so Zeke had removed his shirt and tied it around his head in order to keep cool.... Zeke's new Pokémon, Gastly, was floating beside him and occasionally gave him strange looks. Zeke had to ignore Gastly's jokes, as Vaporeon was injured and he had to get her to the Pokémon Centre in Fuchsia City... but what Zeke saw as he stepped off the hot metal of Cycling Path would make him forget about everything.

Dane was shouting at his Primeape as it pummelled a large bear-like Pokémon that was resting against a tree... another teenage boy, about the same age as Zeke, was sitting against a different tree, completely unaware of Dane's presence.

Zeke approached the unusual scene with caution, Gastly still floating at his side and looking just as confused, "Uhm... what's going on here?" he asked, looking at Dane.

The boy sitting against the other tree rose to his feet and walked past Zeke, "Dane here is trying to capture that Snorlax. Although, he isn't having much luck seeing as Snorlax is asleep and just absorbs every one of Primeape's attacks."
    He leant against another tree and smiled, "I'm Jaiden, by the way..."

Zeke glanced at the boy and then to the large Pokémon, "Snorlax?" he questioned, reaching for his Pokédex.

Snorlax: the sleeping Pokémon.
    It stops eating only to sleep. It doesn't feel full unless it eats nearly 900 pounds a day.

"Get lost, Zekey Boy!" yelled Dane, not taking his eyes off Snorlax for a second, "This Snorlax is mine!"

Zeke was angered by Dane's name calling and clenched his fists tightly, but then he remembered the flute that Mr. Fuji had given him, "How about I battle you for it!" he called back.

Dane told Primeape to stop and turned around to face Zeke, "I already have it, why do I need to battle you?"

Zeke laughed smugly, "Because, I've got something that can wake up Snorlax..." he said, holding up the Poké Flute, "What do you say? Winner gets the right to battle Snorlax for real and capture it."

Dane glanced between Snorlax, the flute and Zeke's smug face... "Fine!" he shouted, finally caving in.

~~~~~

Zeke and Dane were facing off, Snorlax in the background and Jason on the side line. "How does two-on-two sound?" asked Dane, reaching for a Pokéball.

"Fine by me!" returned Zeke, reaching for a Pokéball of his own, "Go Charmeleon!" called Zeke, tossing out the red and white ball. Zeke's fire-lizard appeared in a flash of blinding light, ready to battle.

"A fire Pokémon, aye?" questioned Dane, "Well, they always tell you to fight fire with fire..." Dane grabbed the Pokéball that he had been reaching for and threw it towards Charmeleon, "Go Growlithe!" he yelled, a small orange puppy-like Pokémon appeared and barked angrily.

Growlithe: the puppy Pokémon.
    A Pokémon with a loyal nature. It will remain motionless until it is given an order by its Trainer.

"Fire vs. Fire?" asked Zeke, not expecting an answer, "I'm fine with that. Charmeleon, use Scratch!" called Zeke. Charmeleon leapt at Growlithe and swung it's claws, hitting the puppy head on and leaving marks across its face.

"Growlithe, strike back with Take Down!" yelled Dane, angered by Charmeleon's attack. Growlithe got down low and growled at Charmeleon before bolting towards the opposing fire Pokémon so quickly that Charmeleon had no time to get out of the way, the lizard flew through the air and crashed into a tree.

"Charmeleon!" called Zeke, hoping that his Pokémon had enough strength to keep fighting... luckily, he did. Charmeleon got to his feet and awaited Zeke's next order, "Let's show them what we're made of... Dragon Rage!"
    Charmeleon got down low and bellowed a plume of blue flames at Growlithe, the attack hit and Growlithe rolled on his back... hoping to stop the burning.

The flames cleared away and Growlithe was laying on his side, "Growlithe, get up!" pleaded Dane. Amazingly, Growlithe managed to stand up and growl angrily at Charmeleon.

Both trainers were ready to issue the final blow, "Fire Fang!" the both screamed in unison. Charmeleon leapt at Growlithe and Growlithe pounced at Charmeleon, both Pokémon were baring their teeth and snarling as they flew towards each other.

Both Pokémon crashed into each other, Charmeleon grasping Growlithe's front leg and Growlithe sinking its teeth into Charmeleon's shoulder. Zeke and Dane watch as they wondered which Pokémon would give in first, Growlithe bit down hard and Charmeleon squealed in pain.

Charmeleon then made a risky move; he gripped Growlithe tightly in his jaws and swung him as hard as he could. The move paid off, Growlithe flew into a tree and collapsed to the ground.

Dane angrily returned his Pokémon and Zeke did the same, "I'm not done yet!" yelled Dane, exchanging Growlithe's Pokéball for another one, "Go Nidoking!"
    The large dinosaur-like Pokémon appeared on the field and roared angrily.

Zeke thought, "Who can I use to take on Nidoking?" He looked down at Nidorino's Pokéball, "Maybe..." he whispered to himself.

"Come on Zekey! We don't have all day, I still have to catch this Snorlax!" yelled Dane, taunting Zeke.

"I choose..." he began, his hand hovering over the Pokéball's attached to his belt, "Gastly!" he said suddenly, raising his hand.
    The ghost Pokémon flew out from behind Zeke and stopped in front of Nidoking, laughing madly.

Dane shrugged, "Nidoking, use Double Kick!" Nidoking smashed its fists against its chest before jumping at Gastly, its leg outstretched.
    Gastly floated in the air, yawning. Nidoking sailed right through the ghost Pokémon and crashed to the ground.

Zeke and Gastly laughed crazily, "Fighting attacks have no effect on ghost Pokémon," pointed out Zeke, "Gastly, use Night Shade!" Gastly nodded and Nidoking froze were it was, he started to shake madly and then just dropped to the ground again.

Dane growled, "Use Focus Energy!" Nidoking rose to his feet and growled angrily, his eyes glowed red and steam shot from his nostrils.

"Is that all you can do?" asked Zeke with a laugh, "Gastly, use Sucker Punch!" Gastly smiled and nodded happily, a large phantom fist appeared behind Nidoking and smashed right into him... knocking the large Pokémon over and causing it to tumble over to Dane's feet.

"Nidoking, get up and use Rock Tomb!" shouted Dane, growing angrier ever second. Nidoking managed to pull himself up and roar loudly, he held out his hands and soon large rocks began to lift out of the ground... the floated there for a second before flying towards Gastly.

Gastly was crushed under over a dozen large rocks, Zeke wasn't even sure if Gastly was affected. A rock tumble down from the pile and Gastly's face appeared out of the rubble, "You did it, Gastly!" cheered Zeke. Suddenly, another large fist appeared out of no-where and crashed into Nidoking... knocking him unconscious.

Zeke laughed and turned to Snorlax, "Now... it's your turn."

Last edited:

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    (This post took my days to finish and it is really long just to warn you. There's a part in here that is seriously no joke to you. It was how a planned the mini story the whole time. You'll know what I'm talking about.)

Gold hurt worse than he had ever had in his whole life. He felt like he was going to explode from the pain, like he was going to die if it got any worse. The lump on his head was throbbing, so he tried to pick up a hand to touch it, only finding one thing wrong. His hand was stuck. He couldn't move it at all. He used all the strength he could to pick it up, but it wouldn't budge.

He snapped his eyes open and found himself in a dim room with his body full of pressure and pain. He soon figured out the reason. His body from his shoulders down was covered in ropes and was tied tightly to a stone chair. Gold was helplessly stuck and cursed that he was captured. But how? What happened was all a blur.

"Ah, you're awake," muttered a voice. Gold snapped his head upward and looked at the source of the voice as he came out of the shadows of the room and appeared in front of him. The man was average size and had a hood over his head where his face was only a shadow.

"Who're you supposed to be?" Gold asked. "Are you maybe the guy who runs this loser club? Sad to say that you lost this battle and we won."

"Maybe so, but at least we got the leader, and boy, do we have plans for you," growled the voice. It was deep and scary to Gold and made him shiver slightly.

"Erm, I'm not the leader. I'm not even part of the team," Gold replied. It was the honest truth. As he thought, he wondered if everyone else was safe and where his pokemon could've possibly been. Maybe Ruby or Zaron saved them before the Collector's got their hands on them.

"It doesn't matter anymore to me. Because you are, to me, the second major prize I've won in a matter of days," said the man. At that, he pulled out a pokeball and began to toss it in the air. Gold watched him for a few seconds and wondered what pokemon it could have possibly been before a hot surge of nervousness surged through him. It couldn't have been…

"What is that pokemon?" Gold asked nervously. He watched the man toss it a few more times before he clamped it tight in his hand and held it forward for Gold to see.

"Who, this? This is a pokemon I've been searching the world for years. It is pokemon I've been looking for that isn't even found in this region and is extremely rare in others. The evolved form of Larvitar, Pupitar……the perfect addition to carry this team farther."

Larvitar! The guy had his hands on Gold's pokemon. He had also called it Pupitar. Was that really Mystery's name? Gold didn't care at the moment and only wished that he wasn't tied so he strangle that guy and take back what was rightfully his. But he played cool. The longer this guy didn't know that he was the trainer of Pupitar, the more surprised he would be when Gold snagged him back…somehow.

"The catch was the hardest yet, but I managed to do it. The kid I went against was powerful, but I took him out easily with my Venasaur's hyper beam. I don't think I'll be hearing from him anymore."

Gold heard the words and shook with anger. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. This was the man that took him out in the middle of the route with the cold attack. Gold couldn't control himself anymore.

"You were the one that attacked me in cold-blood! Give me back my pokemon, now!" Gold shouted in rage.

The man laughed high and coldly. The laugh just made Gold realize how scared he really was and turned him into a little frightened kid once more. His rage had pushed him over the limit but it had dimmed just enough to make him afraid. "Well, well, what a treat we have here. I caught the Pupitar trainer! This capture keeps getting better every second!"

Gold didn't say anything. There wasn't much more to say since he was tied to a chair. His mouth would only get him into more trouble than he already was. The only thing that was going to say him was his actions…if he could do any.

"Your specialness is going to get you the special treatment. Now-"

The door along the wall that Gold was leaned up against slammed open and a trainer bolted in with some pokemon pouring in the doors. He was wearing the uniform that Gold was wearing and had a gray mustache visible on his aging face.

"Zaron!" Gold shouted.

"Found you!" Zaron shouted at Gold. He quickly pointed in the air to order a Charmeleon standing next to him. "Slice through those ropes!" he ordered. The Charmeleon leaped forward and sliced through the ropes with its sharp claws causing them to just fall off Gold in little shavings. Gold quickly stood up and stumbled as he faced the mystery leader.

"You've pushed it over the edge now," he growled. He pulled out a pokeball and held it up. "You will soon see the reason why you shouldn't be on their side." He threw the pokeball and a large pokemon appeared in front of him; Venusaur.

Oh, no, Gold thought. He reached around his belt and didn't find any of his pokeballs. He had only just remembered that all his pokemon were gone with him having no idea where they could be.

"Gold!" Zaron shouted. Gold looked over to the side and had to react quickly as a pokeball was being beamed at him. He caught the ball and brought it over to the side to where he stretched out his whole right arm with the pokeball clutched in his hand.

"What pokemon is this?!" Gold shouted as he held the pokeball.

"It's one of your pokemon! Just throw the ball so we can get out of here!" Zaron shouted.

Gold quickly nodded and looked at the Venusaur and its hooded trainer. He gulped, thinking about the last time this pokemon had attacked him. It wasn't normal, mostly thanking the leader of the Collector's for that. His Ivysaur was the complete opposite of this thing, and so were the rest of his pokemon. He had to show that now.

"Go, whoever!" Gold shouted. He threw the pokeball and a pokemon came out of the flashing red lights. From behind, Gold saw the bushy red and tan fur and the pokemon's soft face and bushy tail. It was Flareon.

"This thing is a joke," growled the leader behind his hood. "It is time I annihilate you once and for all and take back all the pokemon that are rightfully mine. Venasaur, use Hyper Beam!!"

The cold streak of fear hit Gold as he heard the words leave the man's mouth. He felt completely frozen for a second before he realized that he had to do something before this attack destroyed him for good.

"Gold, move!!" Zaron shouted. Gold didn't look at him, but instead took Zaron's words and leapt to the side in a huge dive. Flareon leaped out of the way as well and rolled over a little. The golden beam shot across the room and went completely through the wall as if it was paper. Gold was on the ground at the side, covering his head and hoping the attack would end.

"Ha ha ha, just goes to show what you really are, a coward," the man laughed.

Gold slammed his fist on the ground out of frustration and stood up. "Cheap moves don't get you anywhere. Flareon, use quick attack on Venasaur!!"

Flareon sprinted forward and worked hard to collide into Venusaur as hard as she could, but as the fire pokemon made contact, she bounced off as if she were made of rubber and Venusaur stood as if nothing had ever happened.

"Those moves cannot hurt my pokemon! Venusaur, use Hyper Beam again!!" shouted the man in a proud, raging voice. Once again, fear hit Gold, a fear that he never felt before. It was a fear of wondering whether he was going to make it out okay, or lie crumpled in the room like he did last time, maybe worse this time.

Gold leapt out of the way again as the attack hit. It once again blew another hole in the wall and Gold just sat their, trying not to look at the attack as it passed by. He felt like what the man said, a coward, but how could he possibly face that attack?

Still on the ground, Gold pointed his finger in the air. "Flareon, use tackle attack again, just make it double the power this time!!" Gold sounded intense. He needed to make it out of this alive.

Flareon ran forward and slammed into Venusaur again, only to get bounced back once more. Gold cursed his luck and wondered how he was going to make it out as he pounded his fist on the ground.

"Now I have you," the man mumbled under his breath. "Venasaur, use one more hyper beam and aim it straight for the boy."

Gold watched in paralyzed fear as he watched Venusaur slowly prepare for the attack right before his eyes. It steadied itself and then boom, the attack came. Gold couldn't move at all partly from the fear and partly because he was on the ground and didn't have enough time to move. He knew this was it and prepared to get hit. He snapped his eyes shut, with the anticipation killing him.

But the attack never hit. Instead of Gold hearing the attack hit him, he heard a new noise like something was hitting up against it, like a different power source deflecting the hyper beam.

"Gold!" Gold heard Zaron shout.

Gold opened his eyes, turned around, and looked to see a furious blast of red and orange flames that was hitting up against the golden yellow attack. Flareon was right in front of Gold, standing strong on all fours and keeping up the attack as best as she could. She had leaped in front of Gold and was protecting him with an attack she had never used before.

"Keep going, Flareon!" Gold shouted.

"Don't let this pest beat you!! Destroy them now!" the man shouted. Venusaur slammed one of its feet hard on the ground. Gold suddenly felt extremely uneasy about what Venusaur was going to do next and could only think, Please……come through this, Flareon.

Flareon pushed back her own body like a spring and suddenly punched herself forward, increasing her fire power. The fire blasted and went right through Venusaur and even the man. It was so powerful that it blasted both of them right out of the building, through a giant hole that the fire had made. Flareon collapsed on the ground, exhausted.

Gold ran past Flareon, patting her for a split second before running to the giant hole on the wall. The sides were charred and looked like it was going to fall apart any second.

Did he…, Gold thought. He looked down to where the man had fallen. Gold saw only what he needed to see. The man's Venusaur was gone and replaced by a giant bird that the man was flying away on. He had survived the fall… But why had he run away from the battle? Gold didn't really care at the moment why he had taken off because all that meant was that he had survived as well. He let out a breath of relief.

………………

"Are we ready to go?" asked one guy. A group of people, all wearing similar uniforms were huddled in the same room that Gold, Zaron, and Ruby had come into, the junky little storage room with one of the trapdoors to the underground tunnels.

"Yes, everyone is here," responded one man. He nodded his head and had his arms crossed with confidence.

"The boy?"

"He was right behind us when we left with the recovered pokeballs."

"But what if…"

"But what if what?" growled one man. "We're on a mission and the longer we mess around in here, the longer they have to find us! We have to do this before the whole mission is ruined and thrown away!"

Most of the members meekly nodded and started for the tunnels. They had to get down there for safety.

"Right," mumbled the same member. He pulled out a pokeball and clicked the center of it. A pokemon that looked like a giant boulder on feet appeared.

"Golem, let's shut this place down. Use earthquake!" shouted the man. Golem stomped both of its feet and then slammed hard on the ground. The building began to rock and shake. Rumbling went throughout the building. The man nodded and him and his pokemon leaped into one of the tunnels as well. They didn't know there were still two members in the building…

………………

"Hey, look," Gold said. He bent down and picked up a pokeball. It was charred a little from the attack, but still okay. "I found Pupitar! He must have dropped him during the attack!"

Zaron nodded and smiled. "Good, then you've got what you came for."

Gold beamed and then felt a low rumble from down below him. The noise was followed by sounds of cracking and breaking. "What is that?" Gold asked nervously.

Zaron didn't respond. All color had left his face and he looked pale and weak. He was completely frozen where he stood.

"Zaron!" Gold shouted upset.

"They……thought we were all there. Earthquake," Zaron whispered. Gold knew immediately what he was talking about and felt himself go pale as well. He had to get out of there, quick. He ran to the hole in the wall, and stopped almost instantly. The wall had crumbled and a huge chunk of the building fell where the hole was, blocking access.

"What do we do?!" Gold shouted. "We're gonna get crushed!"

Zaron came over quickly to Gold and handed him his pokeballs. "Keep your pokemon handy and follow my lead. We have to get to the bottom floor of the building and into the tunnels. It is the only chance we have."

Gold nodded and took off after Zaron who ran through the door. When he thought he was safe, more danger had come. Gold thought he realized what being a true trainer was and what it took to be a master. He had to survive the obstacles and face every challenge head-on. But fighting for survival? Gold considered this more of bad luck than anything else.

The building crumbled and chunks of it fell left and right. Gold had to dodge a few blocks of the building here and there, but kept going. He knew it would be a miracle if he survived.

"What…" Gold mumbled. While running, he pulled out the charred pokeball of Pupitar's. He called the pokemon into his hands and held him while running. Pupitar looked back at Gold confused.

"Look, no time to explain! Just help me out here," Gold said. "Use rock slide to redirect some of these rocks that come towards us. I'll explain later, I promise!"

Pupitar just looked away from Gold and looked forward onto the path that Gold was running on. Suddenly, a large rock came flying towards him and Zaron.

"Pupitar!" Gold shouted.

The rock suddenly slammed hard into a wall, away from the running duo. Gold let out a sigh of relief and looked down at his pokemon.

"Thanks, buddy. I hoped you would understand," Gold said. He didn't say another word. Instead, he ran on the path some more. Pupitar sat in his arms and did what he was told, redirecting any rock that came towards either him or Zaron. Gold was glad to have him back on the team.

Zaron soon pointed to a staircase and the duo ran down it. They traveled down one more staircase before Zaron stopped.

"What's wrong?" Gold asked.

"Both halls are blocked. I can't go anywhere," Zaron responded. Gold looked around saw the blocked hallways. Why was this a problem at all?

"Look, I'll just have Pupitar knock the hallways clean!" Gold shouted. He turned around to face one of them.

"No!" Zaron shouted. He pulled Gold back. "If you do that then the whole foundation of the building will be messed up! The building will come down even faster!"

"That what-"

Suddenly, the floor crumbled underneath Gold and he felt the floor leave underneath his feet. Zaron did as well and punched Gold hard in the chest making him fly back with Pupitar still in his arms, but Zaron disappeared into the hole.

After catching his breath, Gold let go of Pupitar and scooted towards the giant hole and saw the man down at the bottom of a long drop.

"Are you okay?!" Gold shouted down at the hole. It was a stupid question, really, but Gold had to ask. More rocks fell around him and Gold had to dodge them while talking to Zaron.

The man moved around a little and Gold heard him groan.

"No…" he said. He slowly rolled over on his back. "My leg…"

No, Gold thought. He was in a horrible situation with the building collapsing and Zaron almost trapped here with a possible broken leg. "I'll come down there," Gold said. He had tears forming in his eyes, but he wiped them away quickly. He didn't want to think the worse.

Gold felt around and pulled out Pidgeot's pokeball. "Pidgeot, carry me down there," Gold ordered. The bird appeared and Gold leaped on her back and soared down there next to Zaron. Gold hoped off the bird's back and inspected the damage.

Zaron looked like, well, Zaron except for his left leg. It was bent sideways at the bottom and looked awkward to Gold. He was on his back, moaning in pain as pieces of the building came crashing down around Gold and him. Neither of them had time to waste. Gold couldn't leave Zaron here, but he couldn't……run either.

"Zaron, hurry and get on Pidgeot's back," Gold said. He took the extended arm and with much effort pulled the man up. Gold helped him onto his bird pokemon, who was sitting on the ground to help out as well.

Gold didn't hesitate for another second. He motioned towards Pidgeot and they took off again. It had gotten even trickier now. Gold not only had to worry about himself now, but the flying bird in the crashing building. It was coming down even quicker and they stayed much longer, Gold knew they would be crushed for good.

(ooc: The conclusion, mostly talking and such will be on a separate post if you do not mind. This one was starting to get lengthy and I didn't bother you with all the reading if I haven't already =P)

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    To Kevmysta: creative post! Gastly has an...intresting personality to say the least. But in a good way!
    Charmeleon grew to Level 32!
    Charmeleon is trying to learn Slash! But Charmeleon can only know four moves! Delete a move for Slash?
    Gastly grew to Level 27!
    Gastly is trying to learn Payback! But Gastly can only know four moves! Delete a move for Payback?
    What? Gastly is evolving! Will you allow the process to continue?
    To Dark Link12: Oh man is this getting intense! Of course you can take one more post!
    Flareon grew to Level 38!
    Flareon is trying to learn Fire Spin! But Flareon can only know four moves! Delete a move for Fire Spin?
    Pupitar grew to Level 39!

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    ((OOC: Ok sorry I have hade a ton of homework and no inspiration for this post what so ever so here is my best one I can come up with: ))

Max smirked as the judge said who the winner was. Erika returned Tangel to its pokeball and took another one out.

"Go, Vileplume!" she said.

Max was so excited he didn't even take his pokedex out to scan it.

"Round 2. Golbat vs. Vileplume. Begin!" the ref said.

"Vileplume use Acid." Erika said confident.

"Golbat Air Cutter." Max said.

The Vileplume shot out a bunch of purple liquid at Golbat, who was slicing the air furiously. The air slices were sent flying at Vileplume sending her flying a few feet back. The Acid missed Golbat, but just barely.

"Stun Spore." Erika said.

"Dodge and Confuse Ray." Max said excited.

The Vileplume sent a puff of yellow spores into the air around her. Golbat flew higher and sent a ball of blinding light at the Vileplume. it caught her attention and then spun around in a flurry of light. Causing her to become confused.

"Giga Drain." Erika said before Max could react.

The Vileplume sent a ball of green light at Golbat. It hit her and then rocketed back to Vileplume. Golbat plummeted to the ground Ko.

"Golbat is unable to battle. Vileplume wins." the ref said.

Max called Golbat back to her pokeball and took out another one.

"Go, Kadabra." Max said.

kadabra popped out again.

"Round 3. Vileplume vs. Kadabra begin." the ref said.

"Vileplume Poisonpowder." Erika said cocky from beating Golbat.

"Kadabra use Reflect." Max said unsure about this round.

The flower sent a puff of purple powder at Kadabra, but Kadabra put up a light screen protecting her from harms way.

"Now Psycho Cut." Max said before Erika could react.

Kadabra before Erika could counter sent a slash of purple light flying at Vileplume. It hit her causing her to fall to the ground. She got up slowly though.

"Giga Drain." Erika said.

"Psybeam." Max said.

Vileplume sent a ball of green at the Kadabra and the Kadabra sent a beam of purple light. The two attacks barely missed hitting eachother but the attacks hit the opponent. Vileplume's attack hit Kadabra and healed her first and then Kdabra's attack hit her hard.

"Psybeam again!" Max said seeing how close he was to beating her Vileplume.

Kadabra sent a beam of purple light at Vileplume. The beam hit Vileplume knocking her to the ground KO.

"Vileplume is unable to battle. Kadabra is the winner." the ref said.

Erika called Vileplume back and chose another pokaball.

"Go, Victeerbel." Erika said.

"Round 4. Victeerbel vs. kadabra. Begin." the ref said.

"Victeerbel use Acid." Erika said.

"Use Phyco Cut." Max said.

But Kadabra was to slow and Victeerbel hit her with acid, and she didn't hit Victeerbel.

"Now Giga Drain." Erika said before Max could react.

A green ball shot through Kadabra and then into Victeerbel. Kadabra lay there on the ground severly injured.

"Now Giga drain again." Erika said again before Max could react.

A ball of green light shot through Kadabra again and into Victeerbel. Kadabra rolled on the ground KO.

"Kadabra is unable to battle. Victeerbel is the winner." the ref said.

Max called Kadabra to her pokeball and took out another one.

"Go, Growlithe." Max said.

The dog popped out and smiled at his long time buddy.

"Round 5. Growlithe vs. Victeerbel begin." the ref said.

"Growlithe use Flamethrower." Max said confident...maybe a little too much.

"Victeerbel use Stun spore." Erika said looking frightened.

Victeerbel sent a bunch of little yellow spores at Growlithe, but Growlithe shot a bunch of flames at Victeerbel. The flames smothered the spores out and hit Victeerbel at full power. Victeerbel was severly hurt for it was super effective.

"Growlithe use Flame Wheel." Max said.

Growlithe was engulfed in flames and started rolling towards Victeerbel.

"Dodge!" Erika called out.

Victeerbel moved out of the way at the last moment. Growlithe then came out f the flames.

"Now Giga Drain." She said before Max could react.

The green ball shot through Growlithe and restored energy into Victeerbel.

"Now, Fire Fang!" Max shouted before Erika could react.

Growlithe's teeth were engulfed in fire and he dashed at the Victeerbel. He bit down on the Victeerbel as hard as he could causing the Victeerbel to fall to the ground severly hurt.

"Flame Wheel." Max again shouted before Erika could react.

Growlithe then engulfed himself into a wheel of flames and rolled up to Victeerbel. he hit her at full force and shot Victeerbel into a tree and then she landed KO.

"Victeerbel is unable to battle. Growlithe wins. The victor is Max from Pallet Town." the ref said.

Max smiled and ran voer and hugged Growlithe.

"We did it boy! We did it!" Max said.

Growlithe started laughing and licked Max's face. Erika smiled and returned Victeerbel. Then she walked towards Max. She came upon him and held out a small metal item.

"This is the rainbow badge...proof of you beating me Max. oh, and take this TM." Erika said digging in her pocket.

She held out a green disk and gave it to him.

"That is the TM for Giga Drain. one of the most powerful grass type moves there are." Erika said.

Max nodded and then left the gym. He smiled and couldn't wait until his next gym battle. He came to the pokemon center and walked inside. He got his pokemon healed up and got a room to stay in for the night.

Max looked in his bag to see if he had enough supplies. He was running down on pokeballs. Nurse Joy came out with his pokemon. Max thanked her and headed over to the departement store. He walked inside and walked into the elevator. He pushed the button that took him to the third floor and stepped out of the elevator.

"Yes? How may I help you?" the clerk asked when Max came up to him.

"Yes could I buy 10 pokeballs please?" Max asked.

"Sure...here they are. That will be 1000 poke please." the clerk said.

Max took out his wallet and gave the clerk the money. max put the supplies into his bag and left for the pokemon center. He came to it and walked inside. Erika was talking to Nurse Joy and she smiled at him. Max smiled back and went up to his room. He came to it and opened up his bedroom door.

Max slumped down onto his bed with Growlithe on his stomach, Golbat hangin down from the roof's pole up there, Pikachu curled up next to his head, Kadabra sleeping in a meditating position while floating in midair, and Wartortle sleeping on another bed.

Max was so happy. He was glad he finally had four badges. He grabbed his badge case and then opened it. He held up his fourth badge in the air.

"The Rainbow Badge. One step closer to becoming the greatest trainer ever." Max said.

Then Max fell asleep in no time due to exhaustion.

(Tell me if I need to edit anything and I will:))

Last edited:

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    To Pikalover10: hmm well....hmm. There are a few things wrong with this post. 1)You can only use as many pokemon as the gym leader has. 2) Lets see a little expression eh? The whole "Kadabra use Psycho Cut." "Sleep Powder." thing gets boring cause i can't get a feel how the person feels. and it gets confusing. You need to say who is talking. If you don't everyonce in awhile thats ok but when you do it for a whole paragraph then its confusing. Fix it up please!

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    The situation looked hopeless. As Gold ran through the collapsing building, he didn't see how they would make it out alive. In fact, he already considered himself lucky that the building was taking so long to come down. One earthquake wasn't strong enough to bring the building down instantly.

"Pigee!" Pidgeot screeched. She sharply turned to avoid another piece of falling building. This was too much for Gold, watching Pidgeot desperate fly through the building, Zaron moaning, his Pupitar close to pure exhaustion from the work it had already done. He might as well just stood there and let the building just fall on him.

But at the same time, looking at every around him, he just couldn't pull himself to quit. He was in charge now that Zaron was incapable, and quitting was letting everyone down. If it wasn't for his own sake, then it had to be for everyone else's.

"We're not giving up," Gold said. He pulled out another pokeball and threw it. "Ivysaur, I need your help now." His plant pokemon popped out and ran alongside the gang. "Use vine whip to knock away some of these blocks," Gold ordered.

Keeping two long vines out, Ivysaur smacked some of the blocks like a baseball bat away from the gang, causing a little more ease around Pidgeot. She seemed to calm down a little to where she was just acting plain insane, about half what Gold was feeling.

It was then that Gold was going ballistic. The building had seemed to reach its final point. Instead of it coming down in pieces, the building rumbled and came down quicker and faster.

"Guys!" Gold shouted desperately. He was afraid for their safety and looked around at his fighting team. They zoomed past a door.

"That's……the door. It leads…out," Zaron moaned. Gold stopped for a split second and looked at the man. He was laying limp and weak on Pidgeot. Zaron was probably close to being unconscious from the pain he was in.

The door? Gold didn't know what Zaron was talking about, but he didn't have time to complain. He tried to open the locked door, but his pokemon immediately came to the rescue and slammed it open. They rushed inside.

As Gold looked around, he knew what the room was. It was the storage-looking room, the room Gold's group started in. At that point, the building had finally reached the final point and came crashing down. Adrenaline was the only thing left that kept Gold going to the trapdoor. He swung it open and pointed inside.

"Get in!!" he screamed. His pokemon leaped in followed by himself. Gold slammed the door shut and ran down the tunnel until he collapsed flat on his face. He listened to the sounds of a crashing building as it came to the ground. At least it wasn't the sounds of the screams of a crushed person.

Gold finally passed out from the pain and the extreme exhaustion. It all just felt like a dream to him as he sat there in the tunnel for who knows how long. It felt like forever until Gold finally opened his eyes, but it wasn't in the tunnel. He woke up in a bed, the softest bed he had ever lie in. He rubbed his head and found the large lump still there and looked around. It seemed as if he were in a tent with some tables and beds scattered around. It was as if Gold had started over again.

"Was that all a dream?" Gold asked himself. He remembered the crashing building, his exhausted pokemon, everything.

Ruby came in the room and exclaimed when she saw Gold awake. She immediately came over and threw her arms over Gold's shoulders and began to sob like crazy.

"Oh my God, oh my God, Gold, I'm so sorry!" she bawled. "We let off the attack….and…Gold, I'm sorry!"

Gold hugged his older sister back in attempt to comfort her. "Look, it's okay. Everyone thought Zaron and I were with you guys."

"But you could've died and it would've been partially my fault! What would've I told everyone if that happened!"

"Okay, now you're starting to be a pest!" Gold shouted. He managed to push his sister off and looked at her. "Look, it didn't happen, so don't worry about it."

A large snort came into the room along with the popping noise of an opened soda can. Gold rolled his eyes and knew who had came into the room before he had even seen his face.

"Ruby, you need to calm down a little. Gold always gets himself into trouble," Bret laughed. He took a big gulp of his soda and slightly burped.

Ruby giggled and hugged Bret. "I love this little boy! He is so adorable!" she said. Wow, total mood swing.

Gold rubbed his head. "Yeah…I guess. So, Bret, how did everything go around here?"

Bret laughed and took another swig of soda before telling his story. "The most funniest thing happened! When you guys invaded their building, I guess a few guys managed to escape or something. Not that many. It was about……four guys? Well, they figured they needed to get revenge for you guys attacking their base, so they booked it up the route and came walking right into camp.

"They declared that all twenty or so of us should just give it up now and surrender all our pokemon- and you know what- we all laughed. It was so freakin hysterical how stupid they were! When we all attacked them with our pokemon, they immediately ran away like little babies!"

Gold laughed and stood up. It was amazing how light he felt. It might've been all the running he did, he didn't know. Ruby followed him out of the tent and into the center of the new campsite at the end of the route. Many members in uniform were standing around talking and laughing, everything. The atmosphere was so exciting and lively from their recent huge victory.

Gold couldn't believe how much attention he got. Everyone seemed to come up to him and congratulate him for not only making it out the building but helping them defeat their biggest enemy ever. It took awhile for him to break away from the group but he eventually saw a person he really wanted to talk to.

Zaron was standing not too far off, talking to a group of people who looked around their thirties. Looking at their difference in age, he could've easily been instructing them or something. He was still in uniform and was hunched over from holding two crutches to support his left leg in a huge cast. He looked much better than he did in the building.

Zaron noticed Gold before he had to chance to talk. He grabbed one of his arms and slung it over Gold's shoulder.

"You, I owe it to you so much!" he said. "You saved not only me, but all those pokemon in there!"

"Wow, a cast," Gold said.

"Aww well, just a broken leg. It won't stop me from attacking those crooks," Zaron said confidently. He tapped the cast with his left crutch.

Gold suddenly became confused. "But…we took down their base of operations. Aren't they finished?"

Zaron looked down. "We inflicted a major blow to their plans, thanks to you, but they will not quit. We must not abandon now and continue to fight even harder than we ever had before. They are being pushed into a corner and it will take only a few blows to knock them off."

Gold sighed and looked down at his feet. Zaron looked at him brightly.

"Why don't you help us? You can permanently join our team. With you, we would be way more successful."

Gold grinned and looked back up. "Sorry, but I need to finish collecting gym badges. I wish you the best of luck, but I need to get back to my goal of being the greatest trainer ever."

Zaron nodded. "I understand," he said. "I hope you can reach your goal." He patted Gold on the back and let him go.

Gold collected all his things quickly and got back into his trainer clothes. It felt so weird, getting back on track with his adventure but he couldn't stray away. He had a goal and wasn't going to stop until he reached it. He said his final farewells to his sister and Zaron and headed out on the path more stronger than ever.

(ooc: Zaron and Ruby along with the Collectors will reappear probably in the Johto region. I'm trying to set up some new plots and storys for that as we're slowing reaching the end)

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    To Dark Link12: yea! a happy ending! congrats! you have finished the Cycling Road!
    To Everyone: incase you haven't noticed, i am no longer accepting sign ups! this one is permant as i have deleted the water trainer post completly. You may be wondering why. Its because we have now reached Fushia City and that means only 3 Badges left until we reach the Elite Four, which means not enough time for Character Devolpment. For those who wanted to sign up, we will see you in Johto!
    Chapter 23: Fushia City
    Number of Posts: 2
    Description: A flowery city, the people here are kind and open. The people here tend to think of Pokemon as regular animals as they have a zoo of them. There is also a Safari Zone for trainers.
    Places of Intrest:
    Pokemon Zoo: A zoo for Pokemon, where some of the rarer or odder pokemon are kept.
    Pokemon Center: Nuff said
    PokeMart: Again, nuff said
    Gym: See Koga for details
    Safari Zone: Currently closed! (Will be open later)​
    Koga
    Description: A well known Ninja Master, Koga is a fan of traps and Poison Pokemon.
    Rewards:
    Soul Badge
    TM 06 (Toxic)
    Pokemon:
    Koffing

Level: 37
    Type: Poison
    Ability: Levitate
    Attacks: Selfdestruct, Sludge, Smokescreen, Toxic
    Nature: Relaxed

Koffing

Level: 37
    Attacks: Selfdestruct, Sludge, Smokescreen, Toxic
    Nature: Quirky

Muk

Level: 39
    Ability: Stench
    Attacks: Minimize, Sludge, Acid Armor, Toxic
    Nature: Rash

Weezing

Level: 43
    Attacks: Double Hit, Sludge, Smokescreen, Toxic
    Nature: Bold

Crobat

Level: 45
    Type: Poison/Flying
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Attacks: Cross Poison, Poison Fang, Aeiral Ace, Toxic
    Nature: Brave

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
    Years
    Route 16 (Part 2) Night Fight

Vanessa continued to ride down the lane on her beautiful azure-coloured bike, as she rode down the path, she saw that it starting to turn dark. "Man, I just started going down and it's already getting dark." Vanessa sighed.

As Vanessa continued to ride down the Cycling Path, she found a sign with a map beside of a tree. Vanessa decided to pull over and started to read the map. The map indicated that the next rest stop was about a few miles away. "This really is crap; I need to get to the rest stop!" Vanessa yelled.

Yui and Jelly popped out of their Pokeballs worried about Vanessa's condition. "Don't worry guys, I'm not angry, I'm just upset and tired…" Vanessa yawned. Yui and Jelly agreed that it was getting late.

Vanessa got back on her bike and put Jelly and Yui into Vanessa's bicycle basket. They both started to sleep. As Vanessa continued to ride down the road, there was something peering out from the bushes looking at Vanessa's shiny necklace. It snickered as it saw the necklace glow.

Vanessa was starting to feel a little better after a while riding down the road in this peaceful night. Suddenly the mysterious figure flew straight for Vanessa's necklace. Vanessa was stunned when the figure grabbed her mother's necklace. "My necklace, give that back," Vanessa yelled.

The animal simply cawed and flew away. "Now this really sucks, Yui, use Shadow Ball!" Vanessa exclaimed. Yui used its Shadow Ball, but the animal disappeared into the night sky without a trace.

Vanessa flew off her bike still shocked after her necklace being stolen; she started to remember how she got the necklace. It was when Vanessa was 8 years old and got it for her birthday, "I hope you like this present Lil' V!" Vanessa's mother laughed.

Vanessa opened the box and saw a beautiful star necklace with amber embedded within the star. "I love this necklace mom, thank you!" Vanessa said hugging her mother.

It wouldn't seem so special, but the day after that was when everything started to change. The next day Vanessa's father started to become angry and hardly came home. "Daddy, when will you be coming home today?" Vanessa happily asked.

"Shut up Vanessa, go to your room!" Vanessa's yelled as he hit Vanessa. Vanessa started to cry as her father went out the door. Vanessa still didn't know why her father became angry. That necklace showed her last day of having fun with her father.

As she was still thinking, a spoon fell from the sky and hit Vanessa's head. "What the hell?" Vanessa yelled.

Vanessa peered above her head to find several shiny objects; she looked at all the items in the nest. There was a lot of silverware, an assortment of house keys and even a cell phone. "Don't crows like shiny things?" Vanessa said.

Suddenly Vanessa fell as if something was behind; when she turned around she saw a strange looking crow glaring at Vanessa. "Oh my gosh, I am so sorry Mr. Crow!" Vanessa apologized.

Suddenly she saw her amber-embedded necklace in the crow's mouth. "Give back my necklace, you stupid crow!" Vanessa yelled as she changed her mood. She started clawing at the bird trying to get her necklace. Vanessa grabbed the crow and fell down into the ground landing on top of the crow.

"That hurt, wait a minute…" Vanessa said, "You're a Pokemon aren't you?" Vanessa asked. The crow cawed at Vanessa angrily without replying.

Vanessa pulled out her Pokedex and wanted to see what kind of Pokemon it was, "No data available." The Pokedex said.

The crow fell insulted when it heard nothing about itself; it started to use a Wing Attack at Vanessa. She got a cut from that attack. "Damn, looks like this crow wants to battle go Yui and Jelly!" Vanessa exclaimed as she brought her two Pokemon to the battlefield.

"Yui, use Quick Attack, and Jelly use Slam!" Vanessa commanded. Yui dashed as fast as it could and did some damage towards the crow. When the crow fell the ground, Jelly used a Slam and made the crow faint.

"That was awfully quick… I guess that Pokemon must be weak." Vanessa said. "I guess we should give it some medicine." Vanessa pulled out some herbs that she found around the area and made some medicine.

"I guess this should be enough, drink this little crow." Vanessa said giving the crow some medicine. The Pokemon was sleeping peacefully. Vanessa took her necklace and got back on her bike. Get well soon, little crow," Vanessa said as she got back Jelly and Yui into the basket and continued to ride down the road.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    (ooc: A running race, this will be interesting.)
    Chapter 50: Chris Vs. Kyle: Round 5?

Chris had finally made it inside Fuschia City. "Whoa, I'm finally here... I have always wanted to come to the Safari Zone." Said Chris. "But it's getting late... Oh well, tomorrow I'm going to have to fight Koga, and get my fifth badge... I wonder if my brother would be proud." Chris then started walking towards the Safari Zone, but was blocked by a tree.

"Hey, Chris!" Yelled a familiar voice. Chris turned around and saw... Kyle.

"Hey Kyle." Said Chris, but Kyle sent out a Pinsir. "What's going on?"

"Fight me!" Yelled Kyle, but Chris had other ideas.

"Sorry, but this is a city. I don't fight in cities." Said Chris. Kyle returned his Pinsir in disappointment. "We will have a contest, whoever can dash around the city once will win."

"Okay." Said Kyle. "We will start tomorrow, and start at Koga's Gym, then we will dash through the Zoo, and then to the gate before running back."

"Okay." Said Chris before walking to the PC. "Wow, he's nuts for a challenge... this has to be the fifth time we had to face one another in combat... but this is a race, so does it count?"

(One day later)

Chris rounded the last corner and saw a bunch of camera crews, watchers, and even Koga. "What the heck?!"

"I went all out, I spent 20000 P$ for this event, now the whole world will see me beat you!" Yelled Kyle as he went up to the starting gate. Chris reluctantly followed.

"Here are the rules! You stay on the track, and you can't use pokemon, but the rest is fair game!" Yelled the Judge. "Ready...... GO!!" Kyle dashed out leaving Chris in the dust.

"Go Chris, go!" Yelled all of the people, getting Chris to start running. Now Chris is faster, but Kyle can hold out longer.

(Race Course Stretch 1: The Corner Turn)

Chris was starting to catch up with Kyle at this point, and wasn't really tired... after all, he had more bad guys chasing after him then the Justice League.

"Crap, he's catching up!" Yelled Kyle as he glanced at the trash bins. "Trash Kick!" And woth that, he kicked over the bins, and to Chris's wonder there were Houndour inside. The Houndour looked around and since Chris was the closest person, the Houndour locked on to him.

"Huh? Crap!" Yelled Chris as the pokemon jumped at him. He ducked before running as fast as he could, distancing himself quite a bit from the Houndour before they could turn around. Kyle looked back and saw Chris right near him, as he tripped his rival, sending him to the ground and allowing him to turn the corner first. Chris got back up and ran after Kyle in an attempt to catch up.

(Gym)

Sandy walked into the gym to see a whole bunch of people inside... obviously the camera crews were gone, chasing the racers, but everyone else was watching the race inside, since this was being broadcast live all across Kanto. "Umm... What's going on here?"

"Didn't you hear? Kyle Laurel and Christopher Evans are racing around the ENTIRE city, that's five miles! And they have to do it by the end of the day." Said a random person.

"Kyle Laurel... Isn't that the kid who I met before Vermillion?" Asked Sandy to herself before looking to the screen, and indeed Kyle and Chris were running towards the Zoo. "Wow, I thought Chris was unathletic, but he is running really fast."

(Chris)

"I'm so tired, I'm going to drop to the ground!" Yelled Chris, but the cameras weren't on him. "I wish I was in better shape!" At that point the duo were entering the zoo.

(Race Course Stretch 2: The Pokemon Zoo)

The two dashed for a sign that had two cloths on it saying 'Checkpoint'. Kyle was the first to get his, but Chris was able to get it a second later. "Crap, well... they closed the zoo down, why don't I... run in the cages like we're supposed to!" Kyle then went into a Kengaskahn's cage with Chris following.

"I'm going to win!" Yelled Chris as he started inching towards Kyle. "Pant, pant... how am I lasting so long?"

"Oh no you don't!" Yelled Kyle as he jumped out of the pen. Chris followed and they went in the Chansey's pen. "Just give it up!"

"Ne...ver!" Yelled Chris as he put on an extra bit of speed. But soon they were out of the Zoo and at the rest area.

(Rest Area)

"You two get thirty minutes to rest... you ran two miles of the course... three to go." Said the Judge before leaving.

(30 Minutes Later)

"Okay, ready... GO!" Yelled the judge as the two ran off, but before they could get to the corner, a pokeball hit Chris in the head, causing hin to lose balance and hit a dumpster, knocking himself out, and Kyle tripped over the pokeball before slamming his head into the same dumpster.

"You two are done, I want my gym to be quiet again." Said Koga before sending out his Crobat to fly him and the boys to the pokemon center. And Koga's gym emptied out fairly quickly afterwards.

(To be continued)

(ooc: Without pokemon, I didn't really have very many original ideas, so I ended the race like I did.)

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    Gold didn't know his name was widely know before he stepped foot in the city of Fushcia. He didn't really consider himself all important at all as he stepped foot into the city tired, and well, beaten up. The lump on his head had decreased a little bit, but all over his arms and face were various scratches and cuts. The worst one was on his arm were he got hit by a small piece of the falling building.

Ugh, he never wanted to go through something like that ordeal again. He could still see everything in his head: the falling building, Zaron's leg snapping, almost losing himself and everyone around him... He knew that his adventure would be dangerous, but that was almost fatal. And the Collector's leader... Zaron said that they weren't beaten for good and they would most likely try to rebuild again. But what would the leader do? Would he rebuild or come straight for Gold to get revenge? Gold shuddered at the thought.

Gold and Bret walked into the city without thinking anything about it. Yes, there was a gym, but Gold decided to put it off for a few times to recover just a little bit more and to give his pokemon a little break from the work they did back at the base. All of them had contributed and helped him snag back Pupitar. He realized something very important after getting through the situation with Pupitar- he had to be way more careful with him. There were people out there who would not stop until they got their hands on Gold's pokemon.

"Hey, is that Gold?" asked a child's voice nearby. Gold looked up at the sound of his name and saw a small child pointing his finger at him. He looked at him curiously, but also excited. Gold looked back confused.

"Honey, don't point like that, it's rude," said a woman sweetly while pushing the boy's hand down. Gold assumed it was his mother.

"But he is famous!" exclaimed the boy. "He defeated the Collectors' leader and then survived the collapsing base!" Gold looked at the pair and couldn't take it anymore. His curiousity got the best of him.

"What are you talking about?" he asked. "How does everyone know about the Collectors' Base?"

The woman giggled and dug in her bag. "I'm sorry for my son startling you like that, but here. They put you in the news." Gold took the brown paper and the woman walked off with her son's hand in her own. He constantly looked backwards at him, trying to squeeze in just one more glance. Gold didn't pay any attention to him. He snapped open the newspaper to read the article about the "Famous Gold."

Child Plays Big Part in the Destruction of the Collectors', the title stated.

Jacob Black, a young trainer was passing by Route just out of Fushcia City a normal sunny day. All was good until he saw smoke rising in the air. Rescuers immediatly rushed out to the scene to only find a pile of rubble. "It was so strange," stated one of the rescuers. "There was just....nothing. Nothing but a pile of broken bricks. We didn't even know about a building being here."
    Everyone was soon stunned some more when they learned that this building was the central base of the Collectors, a gang that's goal is to steal as many rare pokemon as possible. It was destroyed in the hands of a group opposing this gang. They invaded this building and managed to take over it and destroy the place once and for all.
    But the thing that really got us all was the story of the person behind the whole destruction. Gold, 12, was reported by many of the members and credited with leading the group into destroying the base. "He was amazing," reported one of the members. "I've never seen a boy so young so good."
    "Youth doesn't stop anybody from being good or bad. This trainer displayed the true meaning of courage," reported Zaron, the main leader of the group.
    After defeating the leader, due to a mistake, the building began to collapse with Gold still trapped inside because of an earthquake attack. After taking over the base, the group had planned to destroy it for good, unaware of the child still behind. But he still managed to come out on top and shock the whole town of Fushcia with his bravery.
    "We couldn't have done it without him," stated one member. "That kid is a true hero."

Gold slightly laughed and lifted the paper away from his face. It was almost funny, seeing himself in the newspaper. Bret looked at it curiously and made a grab for it. Gold handed it over without a problem.

After a minute, Bret had the same reaction. "Wow, reminds me of when you rescued me in the woods. All you had was a Pidgey and Pikachu."

Gold slightly grinned and took the paper back, making sure he didn't miss any othe rinformation on it. Then an eye popping ad caught his attention and he slowly read through it.

"Pokemon Zoo?" he mumbled. Gold scrolled down the ad and read a small sentence at the very bottom. Come Check Out Our New Selection of Pokemon!

Bret peeked over Gold's shoulder. It was fairly easy for him to see because of his height. "That seems pretty neat. I love zoo's."

You would, Gold thought laughing slightly. "Fine, I guess we can go right before my match. Maybe we'll see something interesting."

The duo rested for the night and left early the next morning. Gold left every pokemon except Pikachu and Pupitar at the pokemon center to rest for awhile. They were tired and the nurse even reported minor injuries on Ivysaur and Pidgeot.

Bret was in charge of finding the zoo and found it easily at the back of the city. He ripped out his money and paid for his and Gold's ticket even out of pure joy. What a little kid he was. Before Gold could even step inside, Bret was off and gone into the center of the zoo. Gold shrugged and went the opposite direction. Bret would find him eventually.

Gold was surprised at the similarity of a regualr zoo to this one. It was basically the same- cages with pokemon with them in them, something that would have depressed Gold normally. But the pokemon looked lively and happy in their closed spaces. The workers had obviously done a good job in keeping the pokemon comforatable.

A pokemon then growled, making Gold jump and fall backwards as a large crashing noise came nearby. It was almost like a large bull pokemon with sharp horns and large hoofs which he was scraping on the ground. Gold quickly stood up and whipped out his pokedex to check out the pokemon.

Tauros, the Wild Bull Pokemon, read the pokedex. Once it takes aim at its foe, it makes a headlong charge. It is famous for its violent nature.

Yikes, was all Gold could think. Without a second thought, he took off and walked farther through the zoo, checking out the many sights and pokemon, of course.

"Check it out, one and all! Look at the new species I have here!" shouted a large, booming voice. Gold looked around for the voice and discovered where it was coming from. A large group was circed around one man with a little bird on his arm. But what was it? Gold had never seen a pokemon like that before, even from the distance he was at. Pushing through the crowd, Gold got to the very front to get a better look at the pokemon.

He still confirmed that he had never seen the pokemon before. It looked like it should'nt have even been in the sun. It was completely dark blue, almost black, color and had a body resemblance of a crow. It stood on the man's arm with an intense face, snapping its head back and forth to look around at the crowd. Gold pulled out his pokedex.

No data available...

Wow, that seemed oddly familiar. Gold then remembered where he had heard that message before. It was when Larvitar had evolved into Pupitar.

"That pokemon isn't even from this region," said a man next to Gold.

"A region outside the Kanto one?" Gold questioned. He broke away from the conversation and watched the pokemon again with amazement. It began to fly around in circle around the man's head.

"This is the only rare pokemon in these area's!" the man bragged as the bird continued to fly around the area. Gold laughed, causing some people to turn and look at him. It caused an almost hot feeling through Gold, but he still said what was on his mind.

"You do not have the right to brag. I have a pokemon that is two times as rare as that one," Gold said with his arms crossed. It was the whole, honest truth. Then he realized that he should've kept Pupitar quiet, especially after what happened.

"Oh ho ho, so you think so?" the man said. "Why don't you show your "rare" pokemon to everyone. I'm sure they would all like it."

Gold heard some mumbles throughout the crowd, some out of confidence that this boy was all a bluff, some excitement at the thought of another rare pokemon. Well.......it couldn't hurt to show some people. What could happen? Gold leaped up on the stage and whipped out his charred pokeball, clicking the button in the center. Pupitar popped out and faced the large crowd.

"Ooooo, oo," mumbled some people out of amazement.

What are with these rare pokemon. Is there another region outside Kanto? Gold thought as he watched the crow and his pokemon facing the crowd.

Finding Bret, Gold left the pokemon zoo and headed to the gym. He had seen it next to the pokemon center the previous night. After picking up his remaining pokemon, Gold walked to the entrance and pulled open the door. He put off his thoughts of foreign pokemon and on the next big battle, the one for his fifth badge.

Back