• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Pokemon Bug Catching competition discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Okay well we all know that The Pokemon Bug Catching competition will be in HG and SS but what are you looking forward to in it? One thing i dont want is getting beat by some person with a butterfree.... like when i finaly got that syther..... BOO!!!!

The Pokemon Bug Catching competition is located here on the johto map (the red circle):
    The Pokemon Bug Catching competition discussion thread

So urm.... disscuss what you liked about the competition and what your looking forward to in it!

Here are a few images of the area!:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • What would we discuss here? What we think will be in it? Cause if so, then the best place to post would be the speculation thread... But I dunno, I'm not really an expert on these rules.

Erm... The pics seems to show the area as much bigger... Do you think It'll be more stuff in there, like more... Things? I can't really get the word, but they gotta make this place containing a lot more things now, right... Additions, or something (I just got some kind of meltdown in my knowledge of the english language...).

Whatever, I hope they'll add more Pokémon species in there...

jakeandhissuperdogsam!!

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I liked the old Bug Catching Contests, but we need better Pokemon to catch. The only real reason people did it was to get Butterfree & Beedrill (if they couldn't be bother to level Caterpie and Weedle up to Lv. 10), and Scyther and Pinsir. Maybe some Ariados or Ledian. And, after you get the National Dex, you should start to encounter Bugs from Hoenn and Sinnoh like Surskit and Combee

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    I liked the old Bug Catching Contests, but we need better Pokemon to catch. The only real reason people did it was to get Butterfree & Beedrill (if they couldn't be bother to level Caterpie and Weedle up to Lv. 10), and Scyther and Pinsir. Maybe some Ariados or Ledian. And, after you get the National Dex, you should start to encounter Bugs from Hoenn and Sinnoh like Surskit and Combee
    True. I also did it for the everstone though. But then again, one stone, all the Pokemons from there and we're done. It wasn't like...exciting or something.

Painter

BEWARE THE LETTUCE CHILDREN!
    Years
  • i still play my silver to do them but i agree i hate being beat by someone with a beedrill when i finally catch scyther or pinsir

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I'd like to see Heracross in the contest, slightly rarer than Scyther/Pinsir.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    Meh. Will probably just take part to catch a Scyther and then be done with it on my first playthrough.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • I like Bug Catch Contest and it's Sun Stone prize. I hope that they add Hoenn and Sinnoh bugs there after we have completed the game. I also hope that they keep those items in Park area. (Dig, Full Heal...) When I played first time Gold, I didn't notice that little hole there before I "ran" into that hedge (with emulator).

Foxnordic

Common trainer
    Years
  • I'll just do the bug catching contest to catch my first favorite pokemon Pinsir! Hopefully i won't be beat by someone who catches a butterfree!

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
  • I enjoy the Bug-Catching Contests, but once I've gotten all the prizes and caught all the rare Pokemon, I usually stop competing. I'll definitely use it to catch a Scyther for my in-game team, though.

magrathean

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • Hmm, I never took part in the contests when I played GSC...

Although I'll definitely be there in HGSS looking for a Scyther. My favorite bug Pokemon. <3

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • The Bug Catching Contest will be a great experience once more as it was before in the original Gold and Silver.
    The nostaligic feel of the game will return to me as well as many who enjoyed it before.

Although, it was a great place to earn new bug Pokémon such as Scyther and more, along with exclusive items, it did need a bit more to it.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see included Hoenn bug types as well as possible Sinnoh bug types featured in the Bug Catching Contest once the player has achieved the National PokéDex. It seems like the most probable aspect to be introduced into the contest later on. It will also give players more to catch afterwards and possibly new items that may be needed for various reasons. Basically the fact that it is making a return and the fun it was once before will be the best part to expect once the game is released.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • What I hated about the Bug Contest is you could only do it on 2 days or something like that and you couldn't change the day on the old gameboys. I think they should extend the days you can do it. Also new pokemon should be added to it as i kinda got bored with it as every time only like 6 diff pokemon came up (if I was lucky)

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I can't wait for it! It was always a nice addition and quite fun to play.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back