• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon Masters Tournament

mrkman55

The Pokemon Masters Tourney!!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2010
    Approved by Aurafire

Pokemon Masters Tournament
    Hello all!!! This is a Wi-Fi tournament that will truly test the skills of a trainer and his or her's ability to build successful and effective teams while also being able to read an opponent and make the correct moves. It is a 8 people, best of three, singles 6v6 standard rules tournament. However, what seperates this from a regular tournament is that the trainers will be tested on all tiers (except Little Cup and Ubers). The trainers will be having one battle in each of these tiers: OU, UU, and NU, and whoever wins two of the three battles will advance to the next round and so on.

The Pokemon Masters Tournament

In depth view of the bracket is here

Requirements to enter the tournament:
    • Have a team prepared for these three tiers OU, UU, and NU.
    • It is recommended that all 6 members of your teams belong to the tier of their respective team (exp. Not have Castform in your UU team). However, this is only a recommendation, not a requirement.

Rules:
    • 8 people bracket style tournament
    • 6v6 Singles
    • Standard Rules, No Hax items
    • BL is not included in the UU tier.
    • Best out of 3.
    • Each entrant will battle at least 2 times
    • Order of battles: NU, UU, then OU^
    • Entrants will have 3 days to complete their battles
    • If possible, I would like one of the two battlers to submit replays into GTS or upload them to Youtube and PM me the replay number or link after the battle. This would help settle disputes in case some were to arise.
    • Both battlers have to post their scores after the battle in order to confirm a win/loss.

^You and your opponent will battle NU first, UU (excluding BL) second, then OU third. It is in this order because OU is the most commonly played tier and it would most likely be the most exciting battle, so saving the best for last :)

Prizes:
    Winners will be able to select these pokes from this thread
    • 1st Place: 3 pokes from the thread
    • 2nd Place: 2 pokes from the thread
    • 3rd Place: 1 poke from the thread

Form:
    All who wish to participate need to fill out this form in order to enter:

Username:
    FC (tiers):
    FC #2 (tiers): In case you have a different FC for a different team. (I do so yea)
    Time Zone:

Brackets are now posted! So since the brackets are up, everyone has 3 days to complete their battles and post their scores on here. That means the battle deadline will be this Friday 11:59 PM EST time (little lenient). So good luck to all and have fun.!

List of Entrants:
    1. mrkman55 - 0646 9512 5232 (OU, NU) 3352 5381 4744 (UU)
    2. Polkop - 2407 1744 9691 (OU, UU, NU)
    3. Jin-Roh - 4168 7598 3554 (OU, UU, NU)
    4. LMPVIII - 1420 0722 9197 (OU, UU, NU)
    5. Skythur - 4168 1176 3601 (OU, UU, NU)
    6. LOKO - 3653 4900 9733 (OU, UU, NU)
    7. AleksanderU - 2450 3344 9744 (OU, UU, NU)
    8. Juxta - 3181 0814 1066 (OU, UU, NU)

Last edited:

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
    Add me right now.
    This tournament will be really interesting.
    polkop
    FC: 2407-1744-9691 (For the 3 tiers)

Jin-Roh

VGC or Bust.
    Years
    I just finished building my NU team...
    so i'm in.

Username: Jin-Roh
    FC (tiers):4168 7598 3554 for all 3 tiers.

mrkman55

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2010
    Add me right now.
    This tournament will be really interesting.
    polkop
    FC: 2407-1744-9691 (For the 3 tiers)

I'll add you, but could you fill the form out. the time zones really help me out with bracketing and such. Thanks and I'll add you as soon as you post the form! :)

I just finished building my NU team...
    so i'm in.

FC (tiers):4168 7598 3554 for all 3 tiers.

nice that you only filled out 2/3 the form lol. but same reason as above, need time zones for bracketing and such.

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
    Sorry, I was so hppy about this tournament that I forgot the form XD
    Username: polkop
    FC (tiers): 2407-1744-9691
    Time Zone: GMT -5

Jin-Roh

VGC or Bust.
    Years
    sorry whiffed on the timezones thing cause i didnt copy past the first fc ><
    FC (tiers): 4168 7598 3554
    Time Zone: EST. early afternoons are best.

LMPVIII

Now accepting B/W battles
    Years
    • Age 31
    • NY
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Name: LMPVIII
    FC: 1420 0722 9197
    Timezone: GMT -5 I think

Mostro

Mostrous Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Name: LOKO
    FC: 3653 4900 9733
    Time Zone: [SIZE=-1]GMT - 6h [/SIZE]

juxta

3181 0814 1066
    Years
    Username:Juxta
    FC (tiers):In my signature and i usually do UU.
    FC #2 (tiers): In case you have a different FC for a different team. (I do so yea)
    Time Zone: 9:30+GMT

mrkman55

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2010
    Username:Juxta
    FC (tiers):In my signature and i usually do UU.
    Time Zone: 9:30+GMT

Ok, well make sure you have at least an NU and OU team, because this tournament is designed to test the players skills in all tiers. So I won't enter you until you can confirm that you have NU and OU teams. Just PM me or post again.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Username : Dragonomega
    FC : 3825 2856 1467 (All 3 Tiers)
    Timezone : London time, Dublin Ect..

mrkman55

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2010
    Ok, spots maybe all filled up but there are still two entrants who are unclear on whether or not if they have enough teams for this tournament. So people can still sign up but just remember: the two people who need to confirm will get the spots if they confirm that they have sufficient teams and can battle. So basically, they have dibs and they can give it up if they want to.

So it looks like the tournament is likely to start tomorrow and I'll will post brackets in my first post and send out PMs at around 3 PM EST as long as the 2 unknowns confirm. So be excited!!!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Can I ask, what about BL pokemon, would they be aloud to be in UU teams,
    There to good for UU but not good enough for OU i've already got all my teams just wondering for Subs

mrkman55

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2010
    Can I ask, what about BL pokemon, would they be aloud to be in UU teams,
    There to good for UU but not good enough for OU i've already got all my teams just wondering for Subs

BL was mentioned in the rules, and they cannot be used in UU and can be used in OU.

Alright, one of the "maybes" have confirmed that he has sufficient teams so that just leaves one more so hopefully he can reply to my PM and confirm his readiness. But I will leave one substitute spot for sign-ups in case the guy decides to drop and if this "maybe" person doesn't reply to me by 5 PM est then you'll be entered into the tournament and the person will be dropped. So for anyone who hasn't signed up yet, you are encouraged to sign up because you still have a chance. Now fill out that form! :)

Last edited:

mrkman55

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2010
    The brackets are posted and the matchups are set. Now it's time to see who is the best trainer of all tiers is. Good Luck to all and Have fun. I am pretty sure that there won't be many time conflicts as everyone is around the same time zone except juxta who is pretty far away :), but if there is an issue, contact me and we'll figure it out.

And don't forget to post here after you have VM'd you opponent for battle and/or battled him/her. Because in case your opponent and you don't get to battle for whatever reason which you must tell me, the first to contact will win and move on and the other is eliminated. But hopefully we won't come to that situation and everything goes smoothly.

Also, don't forget you battle order: which is NU first, UU second, and OU third.

I also contacted my opponent and waiting for a returning VM.

Last edited:

juxta

3181 0814 1066
    Years
    Ha man! Got put with ol' jin-roh this will interesting :).
    Also just letting you know mrkman i won't be able to battle until friday my time, which i believe is thursday night for Americans.

Back