• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
It doesn't matter if nothing has changed. Update them. o-o Updates are mostly just copy pasted into the player profile section, so it's better to not have to search out and update specific pokemon.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Team Update Time!

Spr_4h_220.png

Speices: Swinub(M)
Name: Wilson
Ability: Thick Fat
Lv: 23
Moves:
Ice Shard, Avalanche, Earthquake, Stealth Rock, Roar, Endure

Spr_4d_287.png

Speices: Slakoth(M)
Name: Slackey
Ability: Truant
Lv: 15
Moves:
Slack Off, Hone Claws, Shadow Claw, Chip Away, Endure, Gunk Shot

Spr_4h_156.png

Speices: Quilava(M)
Name: Quillie
Ability: Blaze
Lv: 17(14+3 because he fainted in the battle against Rei.)
Moves: Eruption, Quick Attack, Double Kick, Crush Claw, Extrasensory, Will-o-Wisp

No new moves learned.

Spr_5b_535.png

Speices: Tympole(M)
Name: Katam
Ability: Hydration
Lv: 15
Moves: Bubble, Bubblebeam, Round, Growl, Supersonic

Dawn

Years
It was an eatern dragon costume. Like this: here ... Only with two short three clawed arms sort of like Rayquaza's, and two long whiskers.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
K thanks. I'll see if I can find a good plot to make up for destroying it.

but for now-----------------------------------

Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Jason Tyreal Wolf (no relation to olivia wolf.)

Nickname (Optional): Lone Ranger(see history)

Age (18+): 24

Gender (Male or Female): male

Job(What subject do they teach? Battle Theory, Breeding 101, etc): Training methods (how to best train pokemon outside of battling with other trainers.)he's kind of like a tutor, but manditory.

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish):
picture.php

5947116719_4a32922b43_s.jpg
(well that came out smaller then i expected...sry)

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?):

Jason is a very outspoken trainer who speaks very highly of the requirement for dedication to a training routine and a strong sense of teamwork when training.

"Training is not just for pokemon, but for the trainer as well. We are all still learning even after we know everything, because that knowledge still needs to be applied."

Jason has been very stressed since being hired at the academy. It's his first teaching job, and it highly differs from his previous life as a safari zone ranger. He's also stressed since he's leaving Fuschia city again. He only left once before on his pokemon journey, but he returned home only a month or so ago (he went the over four regions [and more] starting at age eighteen).

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What was he/she was doing before he/she got a job at trainer school? Why did they decide to go to the trainer school? How did they meet their pokemon? Etcetera):

Jason was the average trainer when he was a kid. He even made it to the semifinals in the Kanto pokemon league. After that he went on a longer journey around the world which was inspired by his families work at the Fuschia city Safari Zone. Recently returned and took up a position as Safari zone ranger, a trainer who helps people who get lost or into other trouble in the zone. He often spent so long in there the other guys started calling him the Lone Ranger.

When the zone did some expansions and got some air time on the news Jason was interviewed about his job there since the rangers were generally back ground characters at the zone. The interviewer asked Jason about his job, but was very interested in his opinions on the point of the zone. Jason had this to say:

"Well… to be honest the zone is really a place to help trainers get off the ground. Here we supply a safe place for young trainers to see all sorts of pokemon from around the world. Imagine if all our children had to go out into the world unprepared. With the zones help plenty of trainers, myself included, are able to learn the ins and outs of pokemon training without ever leaving home. Often when I'm out doing rounds I'll happen upon trainers who are having trouble with catching the pokemon they want and I give them a tip or two how they can be ready for the next time. A lot of them think they can only get better by doing, but being prepared through planning and practice is just as useful."

Jason was invited to be a teacher as the academy after this. He still doesn't fully understand why, but was relatively happy to take the position.

Pokémon (Maximum of 5. No legendaries or 'shiny' pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):

Species: Scyther
Nickname(Optional): Blade
Personality: stoic and strong, Blade is a powerful pokemon. He is highly disciplined in combat and proud of his skill. He often leads the charge when it comes to battling.
Lvl(Max 50): 46
Moveset(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): aerial ace, thief, X-scissor, Night slash, razor wind, counter

Species: Manectric
Nickname(Optional): Shocks
Personality: A loyal pokemon Shocks is a very hyper and fun loving pokemon who'd rather be playing around rather then battling, but he doesn't dislike battling in the slightest.
Lvl(Max 50): 42
Moveset(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed):

Species: Blaziken
Nickname(Optional): Zariant
Personality: outspoken like his trainer Zariant fights hard and long never surrendering without giving it his all. He tends to be Jason's secret weapon in battle.
Lvl(Max 50): 49
Moveset(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed):

Species: Gyarados
Nickname(Optional): Tempest
Personality: Aggressive and full of rage/determination Gyarados takes battling to a whole new level when he goes all out to prove his dominance and power. He refuses to fall even when its stupid to continue. He has been this way ever since he evolved. He wishes to prove that he can over come everything
Lvl(Max 50): 45

Moveset(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): twister, surf, hyper beam, ice fang, earthquake, blizzard

Species:Breloom
Nickname(Optional): Emmy
Personality: Cocky and hyper Emmy loves the rush of battle and consitantly goes above the call of duty to show her skills. She is the child of Jason's cousin's Breloom who is part of champion Hoenn team.
Lvl(Max 50): 45
Moveset(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): sky uppercut, mach punch, leech seed, mind reader, dynamic punch, mega drain.

EDIT:whoops forget to add the picture.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
I do vaguely remember telling you that I was leaving this RP due to lack of inspiration, Marin, but it's worth noting that Dragonair does attempt to evolve starting at level 55.

Easy to forget, I know, and I'm most likely missing something here (maybe Valorie pressed B?) but whatever.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Can I reserve a spot for Entei Dorm? (I like Entei better than the other 2, so lucky me!) I'd appreciate it if someone could fill me in on what's happening. If not, that's okay then.

Dawn

Years
@jasonwolf: Congratulations, your teacher is finally approved. :p

@LoL: I'm going to start calling you lol. *Bricked* No but seriously, sorry to hear that. I was waging for you to make it official, but if that's how ya' feel... I'll go retrieve your SU for you. =<

@SD: Certainly! Consider yourself reserved.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
@PTY: FINALLY *victory lap* whoh whoh *happy dance* get ready for the wolf! lol *hides in shame.* btw way sorry about nor posting IC in a while I just returned to school, and thusly its hard to get around.

cutiecasie

The Kanto girl with attitude!
Years
OMG, sorry I haven't been posting for so long! I've been really busy with work and uni and other things. Is it alright if I start re posting again? (if yes I'm probably going to do a format like this: write it during the week and post on Saturday)

Dawn

Years
Well, yes, but let me put this as lightly as I can without being dishonest. This roleplay isn't "once a week" speed. o-o People will not wait, nor should they.

cutiecasie

The Kanto girl with attitude!
Years
Well, yes, but let me put this as lightly as I can without being dishonest. This roleplay isn't "once a week" speed. o-o People will not wait, nor should they.
Well, as I'm going to be busy I won't have time to post every other day unless i wrtie everything in advance...

Dawn

Years
I don't know what to tell ya'. If I made people wait that long the roleplay would die. Like even a huge one like this would die. You won't be kicked if you can post at least once a week, but I'm not sure how you'd manage to enjoy it at that pace.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Name: Kilik Chambers

Nickname: None

Dorm: Entei Dorm

Appearance:
zuYdRBv.jpg

Personality: Kilik is an independent guy who never gives up no matter what happens. He never backs down from a challenge & stays firm if insulted. He's like someone who can read people's minds, but he just takes a 'lucky guess.' Apparently he has no sense of humor so he takes things too seriously, although he tries to find his sense of humor. Kilik is very intelligent in battle, finding every different solution for the outcome to be on his side. Kilik tends to stay quiet in front of others as he tries focusing more at the situation at hand. If everything is okay for the time being, he will start up a conversation of something he knows or of what the other likes to talk about.

One thing about him is he gets stressed during a battle when he has WAY too much pressure. He randomly calls out commands which can mess up his battle style, occasionally giving his opponent the win. Kilik has a little anger issues when someone doesn't take notice of him, so try to comment for him always when possible.

History: Kilik used to live in Cianwood City, playing in the beach all the time. His family later had to move to save money. Kilik was sad to leave, wanting to stay with his friends. When they arrived to Unova, his parents decided to get him a Water Pokemon as it would remind him of the water Pokemon at the beach in Cianwood City. They got him an Oshawott from Prof. Juniper to keep him company & help him move on. He named him Yaibe. It just sounded cool.

At his years in Castelia City, his new home, Kilik plays with his Pokemon near the harbor. It's not often though. Kilik ventures around the buildings & such, even the gym. In the middle of the city he saw 2 Pokemon fight each other, with one kid on each side giving commands. What was this? Why were they fighting? When the battle ended Kilik ask the kids why they fought. They explained to him that they are trainers, & trainers battle out with Pokemon to become the strongest. Of course they told him he didn't have to become a trainer. He could do whatever he wanted with Pokemon, just so long as it's not bad.

Almost everyday, Kilik went to look for battles with Yaibe, but a lot of people were to busy with this & that. A few dancers did battle him, he lost 2 battles but won the rest. He was becoming better. He didn't battle much, which was suckish for him since he started loving battle so much.

On his way home through the back alley, after picking up groceries to take home, Kilik had a feeling someone was watching him. He looked around to see who it was, but nothing. Then he noticed that the bag he was holding felt lighter than it should. When he looked the bag of food was gone. How did that happen? A giggle was heard. Kilik turned around to find someone just hiding right now, only seeing a glimpse of a...tail? He caught up to this thief & found a girl with his bag, & a tail. Was it a costume or something? Kilik decided to pull the tail, & what surprised him really was a shocker. This 'girl' was actually a Zorua. It giggled, but Kilik wasn't happy. It stole his food & thinks this a joke. He wasn't gonna stand for this. He brought out Yaibe for a battle, & Zorua took her stance. Zorua didn't put up much of battle, causing it to lose & be caught with a Pokeball. Lucky there were lots in the Pokemart & Kilik had enough money for 2. With a new friend & groceries back, Kilik walked back to his house in buildings. (Hard to find sometimes.)

Years passed, & Kilik was now ready to go on his own adventure. His parents wished him luck & he was off, starting at Route 5.

Thinking of his past battles, Kilik knew he hadn't reached his full potential yet. He wanted to hone his skills to have control & be the strongest there can be. Well, he did hear there was a Pokemon Trainer Academy on an island. It applied a lot of trainers, so Kilik would have many opportunities to train & battle. In short he applied & got accepted, of course he didn't pass the practical entrance exam so he was in the Entei Dorm. Still, he was in & that was enough.

Team:
On hand:

501.gif

Species: Oshawott
Nickname: Yaibe
Personality: Gets cocky when winning a battle, which might end bad for him. He however does listen to his trainer. He hopes to make friends with any person & Pokemon he meets.
Lvl: 17
Moves: Swords Dance, Razor Shell, Focus Energy, Double Team, X-Scissor, Water Gun

570.gif

Species: Zorua
Nickname: Mistress
Personality: Likes to play mean jokes just for fun, but will apologize if it goes to far. She isn't so fond of battling, & is pretty stubborn. The fact is she is their for those who are having a bad or rough time.
Lvl: 15
Moves: Shadow Ball, Fake Tears, Fury Swipes, Dark Pulse, Captivate, Calm Mind

At storage/home:
None

:D Done!

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Hey just wanted to let you know in advance. I'll be gone January 26th to the 29th. I'm going to an anime convention as a Pokemon Trainer that weekend.

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years
Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Kai Crossheart

Nickname (Optional):

Age (10-15): 13

Gender (Male or Female): Male

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm): Suicune Dorm

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish):
Gary_Oak.jpg

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): Kai is very cocky and arrogant individual, always ready to face opponents 10x stronger then he is. Kai is very calm, except when it comes to trainers whom he deems "Losers".

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): When Kai was 8 years old, his mother passed away from an unknown sickness, he was then adopted by Alder, the Champion of the Unova League. Kai worked and worked to become stronger as a trainer. Kai's Partner, Axew had always been by his side. Upon finishing his training with Alder, Kai decided to go to the Pokemon Academy, so he can prove to everyone that he is the best trainer in Unova.

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):

Species: Axew
Nickname(Optional):
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague): Axew is very much like kai, cocky and arrogant.
Lvl(Max 20): 10
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed):

- Scratch
- Leer
- Dragon Rage

Species: Deino
Nickname(Optional):
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague): Deino is very lax, compared to Axew, but is not afraid to show its battling skills.

- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite

Species: Dratini
Nickname(Optional):
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague): Dratini is much like Ash's Snivy, very confident and cocky about its battling skills and is not afraid to stand up to tougher opponents.

- Water Pulse
- Iron Tail
- Thunder Wave

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Yellow-You are gonna edit on the front page right? Like, putting my SU in the Player Teams/SUs section, & putting me in the Accepted Characters & Spots right? It's sort of my pet peeve that I'm not on the first post.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Alright guys. If yall don't know me, I'm Bassiroth, the Rper for N here at PTA. Something has come up that I want to ask all of your opinions for.

If you all have played Black and White, then you should all be aware of how N behaves and all around Pokemon and how he treats them as his friends.

I have recently considered possibly letting N's other pokemon be here at the academy too, seeing as how he views pokemon as his friends and everything.

Now here's how it goes.

1) I'm debating between either just keeping it to the Pokemon we saw him have in Black and White, like the other pokemon he used BESIDES the ones in his final battle against Herbert and Hilda/Touya and Touko/Black and White (aka the main playable characters of the pokemon black and white games), OR if I should also add a few more pokemon "friends" that weren't shown in the games that he may have possibly gotten over the years between the end of black and white and when he arrived to the academy.

2) I'm debating what levels and moves to have them all at. Like example. . . The 6 Pokemon he has now? They all have the same 4 moves and they are all the same level as they were in Black and White. I kept those 6 at their current level (even though there is the possibility of their levels being higher since it's been years and all) mainly because I didn't want to give the impression I was trying to one-up anyone and try to keep things as close to fair as I could for the other teachers in the RP (Since the Rules said that the max level a teacher could have their pokemon start at was 50 [yes I know about Zekrom being a special exception on at least 2 different points, please don't chew me out because of him]). Mostly towards the other Pokemon he had in Black and White, I don't know if I should at least keep the others at like. . . say. . . Like for example: If Purrloin should be Lv 7 with Scratch, Assist, and Growl, or if that Purrloin should be a higher level like 14 or if Purrloin should be a Liepard instead at Lv 20 or higher along with a new set of moves.

I mean. . . What do you guys think? I mean. . . There are some debate over whether or not he kept his Klink from the 4th battle and have it evolve into the Klinklang he had in his last fight. And That Zorua he had in the flashback as a kid in Black and White may or maynot be the Zoroark he has now. . .

Wait. Technically I kinda implied that it was in one of my posts before I wrote this. My bad.

But yeah guys. What do yall think? I mean. . . I personally would kinda like to introduce them here and let them sorta be N's other friends. . . Being how he is and all. But I honestly wanted to ask the Mods (Which I did) and all of you first. I'll make my final decision about this in a week. . . So I wouldn't mind hearing some good comments/feedback on this topic. I'm mostly thinking I will have N's other "friends" at the Academy as well, but I want you all to give your opinions on if I should or should not do this, and if I should I would like to know if yall think I should have them as they were in the games (like I kinda do with my current 6 Pokemon for N right now) or if I should do something new with their stats and levels. . . as well as whether or not these friends are only the ones we see N have in the games or if I should add some new friends he possibly made over the years he's been traveling.

So yeah. What do yall think?

(P.S. Sorry if the message seems so long and if it confuses any of yall ^^; )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back