• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Theory] The Pokemon World is our world

GeraldTheTheroiest

Pokemon Theroiest
Years
    • Seen May 27, 2015
    Note* This has probably been mentioned somewhere before i just decided to write this because i was talking to some friends about it, if it has been mentioned then i apologize.

So this is a theory basically stating that the pokemon world is our world, except with pokemon. While most pokemon are based off of animals their have been mentions of actual animals in the pokemon world even real places so in light of that i'll go ahead and give my evidence for this theory.

Mentions of Indian Elephant: Their are two pokedex entries that both state something about a indian elephant.

Raichu(Firered): Its electric charges can reach even 100,000 volts. Careless contact can cause even an Indian elephant to faint.

Gastly(Firered): A being that exists as a thin gas. It can topple an Indian Elephant by enveloping the prey in two seconds.

Mention of Mount Everest: Delibirds pokedex entry states something about mount Everest.

Delibird(Ruby/sapphire): Delibird carries its food bundled up in its tail. There once was a famous explorer who managed to reach the peak of Mt. Everest thanks to one of these Pokémon sharing its food.

Fish in the anime: Theirs a scene in the anime where ash is looking through glass and sees actual fish.

The Pokemon World is our world

The Regions: All the regions in the anime have been confirmed to be based off places in the real world

Kanto,Johto,Hoenn,Shinnoh: Based off of regions from Japan

Unova: Based off of New York City

Kalos: Based off of France

Orre: Phoenix, Arizona

Years
  • I thought this was pretty well know. When you arrange the game regions in the right order you get this
    Spoiler:

GeraldTheTheroiest

Pokemon Theroiest
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2015
    I thought this was pretty well know. When you arrange the game regions in the right order you get this
    Spoiler:

I know that the regions are based off of real places this theorie is saying that the entire pokemon world is earth and just not based off of it

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    I can see where your going with the map looking like Japan, but according to the games (including spinoff's) the world looks nothing like that. There is actually an official Pokemon World Map of Gen 1 -4 that came in a booklet along with Pokemon Movie 10. That aside, there are many names and locations taken from the real world that are implemented into the Pokemon Series. In Pokemon: 1 - Mewtwo Strikes Back Satoshi mentions Vikings only living in Minnesota. Delibird was said to save a life on Mt' Everest before. I also recall possibly England being mentioned in an Episode about a Male and Female Nidoran. Also in the Pokemon D/P/Pt in the Library there is a mention of Pokemon possibly being humans in the past. You can find a lot of stange stories inside the Library in D/p/Pt a lot of theory's could be made. I know that the Regions are based of real places in the world, but that isn't the right place to be looking at. I keep 'based off' out of theory making.

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
    Years
  • Pokemon to me just seem like animals to extreme. Moves are like teaching tricks to a dog. Honestly, if you think about it, if animals wouldn't die as easily, there could be animal fights in the world.

Years
  • I could speculate for hours and write a massive post about this theory but im just gonna mention one thing, in one of the anime episodes Misty calls the world they live in "Earth". So yeah...

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2014
    Is this considered a theory? It should be considered general knowledge.

Of course pokemon is based off the real world. Why else would we have entire regions based of the geography of America, France and Japan?

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • Also lets not forget the characters eating food like chicken and stuff im pretty sure they arent eating blazekin so some where theyre real animals the anime just doesnt show it

Back