• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Pokerus Bug

Years
    Hi all I was just wondering about this bug. I know in previous versions it was easy to catch. But I'm not certain about this version. I'm still over at the daycare canter where I caught it in X. And had not seen it an all in my Y version. I think If it works like the previous versions I'm going to start to start making wonder trades with it attached.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    Is catching PokeRUS not rarer than finding a shiny? I thought it was 1/16,000 chance or something like that. I don't know what the Daycare has to do with it.

I got my first PokeRUS in Pearl off a Drifloon :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I wasn't able to get a hold of PokéRus at all in Pokémon Y, until I finally got to transfer my inflicted Taillow. Not really sure if PokéRus had become more rare or not, but… maybe it hasn't. d:

Years
    I only got it due to my previous generation pokemon that were uploaded catching it. though, would nurse Joy repeat her message about pokerus if you caught it a second time?

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
    I only got it due to my previous generation pokemon that were uploaded catching it. though, would nurse Joy repeat her message about pokerus if you caught it a second time?

Yes she would because its the first time in that game. Previous gens dont matter.

Years
    I doubt the daycare has anything to do with it. Just saying that is where I caught it with it. As for how rare it is I dont know the first tade or transfer I did was today and that was from Y to X.

Gible

Y L I E S S E
    Years
    I got Pokerus from a wonder trade Pokemon. It eventually infected pretty much all of my boxes of Pokemon I breed/use. Eh.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
    I wasn't able to get a hold of PokéRus at all in Pokémon Y, until I finally got to transfer my inflicted Taillow. Not really sure if PokéRus had become more rare or not, but… maybe it hasn't. d:

This particular game mechanic hasn't changed to my knowledge. It's still as rare as it's ever been. But then, I've been carrying it over to the next Gen games since Gen III (I still have my original infected Zigzagoon from Sapphire, in my Pokémon X game). I happened to get a couple Pokémon via Wonder Trade with it too (after the fact, mind you), so it's a safe bet that it's up to happenchance still.

Gible

Y L I E S S E
    Years
    Rarity of finding it in the wild hasn't altered but many people, such as myself, infect pokemon and send them through wonder trade. If you're someone who wants Pokerus but can't deal with that awful 1/22k probability, just wonder trade for a bit.

AZ Jr

There is a fine line between fishing and just stan
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 9, 2014
    In my case, s'weird. Nurse Joy TOLD me I had PokéRus (jaw dropping moment). Look in my party. No PokéRus. Checked ALL my boxes. No PokéRus. I was really bummed out. :/

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
    In my case, s'weird. Nurse Joy TOLD me I had PokéRus (jaw dropping moment). Look in my party. No PokéRus. Checked ALL my boxes. No PokéRus. I was really bummed out. :/

Um, if memory serves, sometimes you actually have to battle first before the "Pokerus" tags appear. That happened to me once, and it appeared after I did a couple quick battles. Just saying, the games occasionally lag when they tell you your Pokémon are infected.

AZ Jr

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 9, 2014
    Um, if memory serves, sometimes you actually have to battle first before the "Pokerus" tags appear. That happened to me once, and it appeared after I did a couple quick battles. Just saying, the games occasionally lag when they tell you your Pokémon are infected.

Thanks for the information, but this was a couple weeks ago. I doubt it's there now. I'll check anyways.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
    Thanks for the information, but this was a couple weeks ago. I doubt it's there now. I'll check anyways.

Like I said, it happens occasionally. Additionally, your Pokemon will sometimes even have the Pokerus tag appear before you even check in at a Pokémon Center. The games can be weird in this way... >.>

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
    According to my "knowledge" (xD) I believe the chances to "get infected" with Pokerus are 3 in 65.536 meaning about a chance of 1 in 21.845. So like said earlier, Pokerus is indeed rarer than a random Shiny encounter (eventhough the Shiny rate in Gen.6 is 1/4069 now).

I got Pokerus on my first playthrough in Pokemon X, after arriving in Geosenge Town for the first time after I defeated the second gym :3 Nurse Joy made me aware of the fact my Pokemon were "infected"
    I was pretty happy because it makes training somewhat easier (sometimes you get more points added to your stats while leveling up your Pokemon, even more than usual if you're lucky!).

I saved some Pokemon in my box with Pokerus, maybe I will transfer them sometime to my Pokemon Y game ;) (haven't got it there yet).

AZ Jr

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 9, 2014
    Just got traded a Bidoof with PokéRus the other day... never mind then. :D

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    its really easy to spread it once one pokemon has it, so it's not too difficult to get, it's only really rare to get it naturally, I've been traded at least 3 infected.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I restarted my X file, so who knows if I'll run into this time, buuuut through the entire time I played my old file I never ran into it once. -w-

Back