• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The PokeWalker Discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    It's because Japan does tend to get stuff that doesn't occur anywhere else. =P But it's certainly true - even in GSC, they got a Celebi event, if my memory serves. They've also so far gotten the Ranch Platinum update unlike anywhere else, and other stuff too out of Pokemon.

But one can't say which way it will be until we get info on it. ATM, I'm slightly leaning towards that we will get it outside of Japan, but for now we can only speculate. XD

It appears that Pikachu's D/P sprite was used in it...? Here they are, in a spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Same for the 'mini-sprites' when the Pikachu encounters the Sentret in the video - same ones used. Might suggest a couple of things... 'maybe'. Hmm.

I guess, but still at that :/ The Platinum edition for Pokemon Ranch came out around 2 months after the release of Platinum. It has just become two months since the English releases in some contries as far as I can tell, and not too long ago Platinum was released in other countries for the first time :/ Maybe they are waiting for everyone to have it in the English versions before they release it? As far as the Celebi goes, they gave a reason why they didn't put that in there :P There should be no reason at all that they do not put a little pedometer in with the box and sell them together. Unlike the Celebi one way back in the day, it's not like you need to have other outside things (a cellphone) to use it at all :/ I just don't see any reason for them to take it out I guess :P

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    What I wanna know is how cheap will the include this with the game? I mean its pretty small so how will the packaging be handheld now that we got the super slim ds boxes.

Matzzz

Danger!
    Years
    You would have thought they would have learnt how to use colour though :|
    come on gamefreak this isnt 1996 :|

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    What I wanna know is how cheap will the include this with the game? I mean its pretty small so how will the packaging be handheld now that we got the super slim ds boxes.

I have only seen an addon to a DS game once before (though others probably exist) and it looked like this:

https://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/ds_bimoji_training_box.jpg

They basically put the DS box inside of an outer box, and placed it inside of the outside box. That is most likely what they are going to do with the new Pokemon as well, though that has not been confirmed. As far as the price goes, the original leak that said that the Pedometer existed said that the price would be 4800 including the Pedometer. So far the leak has been 1/2 true in that the pedometer was released. There is still a possibility that the other 1/2 of the information is true but we're going to have to wait for that to be confirmed :(

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    Question. What will they show next week Yaminokame? (if you haven't noticed I am on serebiiforums as well. )

Yeah i noticed =3

I missed the preview in the last Pokemon Sunday because I was too busy uploading pictures and stuff :( But there is a small little upcoming episode thing that was posted on the website in regards to next week.

Pokemon official website said:
    またまた今年も、ロバートがポケモン映画のゲスト声優めざして頑張ります!
    映画の宣伝マン・カマキングに映画の情報をもらったとき、「声優をやらせてよ!」と言っていたロバート。
    実際にゲスト声優になるために、今回も体を張って大奮闘!! 果たして、ロバートはゲスト声優の座をゲットすることができるのかな?
    「ポケモンゲームアリーナ」では、映画の前売券についてくる"ピカチュウカラーのピチュー"を使って、しょこたんがロバートとポケモンバトル!! 王者・馬場隊員のカビゴンを簡単に倒してしまう、ピチューのスペシャルバトルが見られちゃいます!

It starts off by saying that Robert (the three guys in silver) want to get roles inside the new movie as voice actors (but they don't yet) But it talks about them trying to convince people to let them do it. In the Pokemon game arena there will be Shokotan vs. Robert's Baba which will be Shokotan's Pichu beating the crap out of Baba's Snorlax XD That's all it says right now, but it could be updated later in the week :)

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    A Pokewalker?Leveling up your pokemon while walking?

YES!!! Easier way for me to level up my pokemon cuase I always walk and why not race with my cousions? I say its a cool idea atleast having a nice walk,getting a little exercise running and race with your friends while holding itwhile not worrying about your pokemon level by the time.Now I can level up my pokemon without bieng lazy :p

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    As far as the Celebi goes, they gave a reason why they didn't put that in there
    ...What was that reason? =/ After all, they needed that extra device to get it, which wasn't sold uutside of Japan- while this is a neat little thing here, it's far from necessary as well, in terms of gameplay aspects.

Either way - even though it mightn't make 'sense', it's still quite possible that this is a Japanese-only thing. I think it will be sold outside of Japan... but it can still go either way.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    ...What was that reason? =/ After all, they needed that extra device to get it, which wasn't sold uutside of Japan- while this is a neat little thing here, it's far from necessary as well, in terms of gameplay aspects.

Either way - even though it mightn't make 'sense', it's still quite possible that this is a Japanese-only thing. I think it will be sold outside of Japan... but it can still go either way.

Sorry, I worded that wrong :( I have not personally heard any "official explanations" it seems like the reasons they decided to drop it was because among other things, at the time it was released, cellphones were't as popular among the younger generations that the games were targeted at as they are today. Back then not most children owned their own cellphone, so I have heard that is one of the reasons they got rid of it. I mean, the cellphone companies probably had a hand on it in Japan, they wanted it to happen, so they got GameFreak to accomodate that. When it got to other countries, there wasn't that link between foreign cellphone companies and Nintendo to keep it going (I mean if the companies that do it aren't there to accomodate it, all they can do is either try to convince cellphone companies to participate, replace it, or get rid of it). I don't know why they didn't simply make it possible to get without the use of a cellphone though :/ You would think they could have just changed it from a cellphone to some little thing they just sold seperately for a limited amount of time or something like that :/

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    There is a possibility that the new PokéWalk can access some Wi-Fi events. Though, if it is released outside of Japan, I wouldn't expect them to be huge events like something dealing with Celebi. I think that'll still be left for a game store or through Wi-Fi. It is really nice to see them making a change and going back to their old roots from where the games originated. I mean, first the remake, then the starter following you like in Yellow, and now the nostalgic feel of having a similar device to that of the Pocket Pichu 2 Virtual Pet Game. I think it's a nifty idea, but it may or may not come out of Japan, that all depends and will have to be confirmed later on. Like said all we can do with this is simply speculate.

As for the spriting, like how they showed Pikachu's DP Sprite, I'd say this can go either way. They may have new sprites, just this is a simple test, or they may not. It all depends really.

Personally, if it is released outside of Japan, I may not get it. I can simply do enough training within the game and I don't need all that much exercise as I do that everyday. It'll really all depend on how things run and what mystery gifts may be available through it [if so].

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    This is stupid . . . I was expecting more CoroCoro shots or more images of the sort. This is useless info.. who cares about a tamagotchi?

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    the pokewalk?? do you think itll come to the U.S?

ok if you've read serebii.net yesterday or today you should of seen something called the pokewalk. now who thinks it will come to America or stay in japan?

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I really don't care if it leaves Japan or not, it looks like a usless way to milk more money out of the games, and i'll not be wasting my money on it.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    Meh. I find it rather pointless myself. But whatever. I don't see a reason for it to not come out here? x] I'm sure there's a fraction of people that would enjoy it.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    This is one of those things where it could go either way fairly easily. Sounds like a really gimmicky way to sell more pokemon games to little kids, but I hope it does, then you can shake it really fast to get pokemon happy fast+items.

It would be useful to exploit but if it doesn't see the U.S., I really wouldn't miss it.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    There have been quite a few little Poke' pets that have never made it out of Japan. So I wouldn't be surprised if the Poke'Walk never sees the light of day in the US. x_x

It would be neat, but I just have this feeling that it probably won't happen. Unless, eventually you can find the Japanese version in certain little stores.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back