• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Police

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
  • Care to give any reason why? I'm aware there's been accidental shootings by US police that have resulted in manslaughter, but this definitely doesn't apply exclusively to the US. I feel like you ended with this without giving any backup info because it's a controversial point. If you're going to make one, it's polite and generally more effective to provide context and evidence.

So yeah I watch American TV channels sometimes and from what I can gather of the American police force is that there's rampant and disgusting police brutality and racial profiling. I've seen cases of police officers kicking men who are on the ground. :/ I don't think accidental shootings are a huge issue in comparison.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • I believe in the Police, koff~

I dislike it when people say that they hate the police. They're just doing their jobs. How would you like it if someone stabbed you because you tried to stop them from robbing a bank? And after getting stabbed, people spit on you for trying to help. I enjoy toying with people who hate the police so much they wish they just didn't exist. They serve a purpose, and throwing me in jail after I waste you is typically the response the police give. If there were no consequences, and they [police] serve no purpose, Hell is just a racked shell away for you. Besides, there is good and bad everywhere you go, but keep in mind that police see more brains on the wall than most other occupations, so they can be wound a bit tight.

Not to mention that several people would like to attack them just for doing their job. Try not to hate the police, because if you do you make it harder on them, and you. They can sense animosity like everyone else. Granted, you can always file complaints. Yes, they [police] have more power than most people, but drug cartels and other undesirables always have more. Keep that in mind next time.

Also, for the people who had the police called on them, ask yourself this question: who called them in the first place? Anyways, be thankful that they're there to keep your neighbor from burying your body in his front yard because you can't keep control of your dog's bowels, koffi~

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2014
    I think that bad police forces probably get a lot of negative press and I think that people think they're a lot worse than they actually are.

Still, though, there are bad police forces out there. There are also good ones. And there are okay ones, too.

Years
  • I've never met a police but the ones I've encountered have all been nice... I hope I don't meet any bad police anytime soon.

Nakala Pri

They kill anyone who has a different skin tone, will beat any person to death any time of the day. I despise them, frankly, I would prefer it if PSICOM ruled the Earth. And that is saying something.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Involved with police officers ... Umm not really my dads good friends with one and I aspire to be one but if that doesn't work out I'm joining the army. I believe you wil find good and bad officers of the law especially in countries where they are affected by corruption in very high positions and countries in turmoil or that are developing.
    I believe at the end of the day you have done something in the eyes of an officer some are *******s who want to make a name for themeselves so they follow all laws like if someone is stationary across a pedestrian crossing but in a suburb like mine they have better things to worry about like idiots who like blasting their car up and down streets if a person is parked across a pedestrian crossing waiting to pick up their child let them do it. That story didn't happen to me but to a friend.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
  • I stay away from them as much as possible. I don't hate them cause when you need them you need them, but I just try not to get involved in anything that has to do with the law.

Back