• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Game

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    How important is it for a game to have a post game for you? Do you spend time with it after you finish?

I might be in the minority but I don't really care about post game. When I finish the story I typically already have something else in mind I'm ready to play.

If I seriously enjoy the game or have a reason to keep playing then I will do the post game. I did it for Pokemon White because I wanted to fight Alder and Cynthia. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky also had some excellent post game stories that made it feel like the main one never ended.

I finished Dragon Quest 11 a couple months ago, and I'm about to return to try the post game, something I rarely do. (which is why I made this topic) question). But I enjoyed it that much.

pkmin3033

I used to think that JRPGs in particular were somehow less if they didn't have postgame content, but now I find that I don't particularly care - it's usually more or less the same sort of thing. Superbosses, extra dungeons, etc. If there is a meaningful postgame story scenario, sign me up. But if it's just some extra filler that they could have easily just squished into the endgame...eh. I have to really have enjoyed a game to want to do things like that these days. I want more than just "more of the same" from postgame content, and that's usually all it is.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • I don't care really if a game has a post game or not.

Main reason for that is that I mainly play multiplayer games, so if I play a single-player campaign I generally tend to play through it and then go back to the usual multiplayer games. Then again if a game does have a post-game and it's an interesting one, instead of the same stuff but harder, then that would be a welcome addition.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I don't tend to care about post game or even play post game. Mostly because post game tends to be much harder than the main game so I tend to avoid it like the plague.

Unless there's a reward or something interesting in post game I feel like/want to do. Even then I'll only play until that point and then stop. Examples include New Day from The World Ends With You Final Remix, Rainbow Rocket from Ultra Sun/Moon, and will eventually include additional epilogue from Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition.

Years
  • For me personally, the post-game is a big deal, if I really enjoy the game I wanna continue on playing for as long as possible with some engaging content! I suppose that's the main complaint about Pokemon games for the last couple generations for me, how they've diverted from the post-game of older entries in the series. I think I feel this way cause I'm a huge fan of RPGs and open-world games, so I love having things to do in the world to carry on my experience, and still feel like I have a purpose :)

TheRose

Youtube Lets Player/Twitch Streamer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NJ
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    for me it depends on the game. pokemon is a yes because i still want to train my teams after i beat the game. other games not so much especially playstation games since I'm usually trophy hunting those games anyway if i know i can get them all.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Depends on the game. Somethings I'll boot up Ocarina of Time and just... wander around for the nostalgia trip. There's not 'content' but it makes me feel happy to return to Hyrule every now and again.

Hollow Knight is another one. I love to just look at it, the art, the backgrounds, the music. It's all so beautifully made and i can't not appreciate it! And obviously Monster Hunter, of course!

But other games, once I'm done with the main story that's it for me. Dead Space and all its sequels were one of those. Pokémon Conquest was another.

Back