• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Are these answers helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • For a Pokemon forum

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    Go through with the treatment.

get rid of it before it gets any worse. Because you want your Dog to live life to the fullest, and with something like that, he can't because he has o be careful. Its for the better of the Dog if you go through with the treatment, so it can be fully healthy.

Mr. Curling Iron

u kujw bux :d
    Years
    I am sorry to post here yet again. But I can never decide things for myself. And I really want to be helped.

It's the same issue as the first one I posted. But it's gotten worse. Now I dream about him every night. I feel faint when I hear his voice. I pretend he's real... I cling to the blanket as if it's him, and to vent my emotions I just say everything, pour out my entire soul to "him"... and I'm not focusing on anything, even the stuff I like, like Pokemon... or programming.
    The scary thing is, part of me thinks "don't get help. They'll pull you away from him, and you don't want that..." I don't even really WANT to be helped, I want to stay in this dreamlike state forever... I wouldn't care if I never woke up again... if I were in my dreams eternally and I died I wouldn't care.
    If he existed I'd literally kill someone if he told me to. I'd do just about anything for him... even die...
    It's made me lose all my friends (all my friends IRL anyway), and I don't even care. I have him to talk to even though he isn't real. He strokes my hair, and I feel it without really feeling it. I hardly feel anything these days except when I am alone... alone with my thoughts of him.
    Itachi Uchiha.

Dude. Tell your parents, or don't, but atleast go to a psychiatrist/psychologist, get your medicare card and go to a doctor for gods sakes! Man, doctors cant take what happened in their work into their life, its illegial, so it'll all be confidential. get help. seriously.

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    My problem:

I have this sleeping problem. With me its either I stay up most of the night and sleep all of the day and miss everything that happens that day, or I stay up all night and end up falling asleep around 10 or 11 in the morning and waking up right after everyone else is asleep.
    Its really getting at me because I work on my hack during the day. It's cutting into production since my team is usually awake during the day where i live. (One lives in the philipenes, but he works rarely, usually correcting a few errors here and there) and (One lives in the Eastern time zone, right next to mine.) and the (other one i don't know where he lives but He's always on during the day.) Anyways, what I'm trying to say is that while they're one in the day, I'm asleep. And I'm on when they're asleep. I really need to get this straightened out. Can anyone help?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    My problem:

I have this sleeping problem. With me its either I stay up most of the night and sleep all of the day and miss everything that happens that day, or I stay up all night and end up falling asleep around 10 or 11 in the morning and waking up right after everyone else is asleep.
    Its really getting at me because I work on my hack during the day. It's cutting into production since my team is usually awake during the day where i live. (One lives in the philipenes, but he works rarely, usually correcting a few errors here and there) and (One lives in the Eastern time zone, right next to mine.) and the (other one i don't know where he lives but He's always on during the day.) Anyways, what I'm trying to say is that while they're one in the day, I'm asleep. And I'm on when they're asleep. I really need to get this straightened out. Can anyone help?

This is the same problem I have, but I do know the way to fix it. I have had this same problem many times beforehand and the only method that worked for me is by forcing yourself to stay up throughout the whole day. What you need is to keep yourself away from the computer for one day because the computer doesn't help when you are trying to stay awake. Try going over a friends house, going swimming (usually swimming wakes you up a little bit.. especially when you're trying to stay up all night. XD), or even playing video games. Those are really the three things I've done to keep myself busy during the day enough to stay awake until, at least, dinner time.

If you do that, you'll probably wake up around nine in the morning and you'll have a full nights rest, basically. If you start to feel tired during the day, you need to do something to keep your mind off of it. Though it's unhealthy to force yourself to stay up all night and day long, it's the only thing that will help you get back to a normal sleeping pattern without any extra work. Though, that's enough work on it's own. XD

If this doesn't help, a few pages earlier in this thread I offered some help to another member. You can find the single post here.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    I am sorry to post here yet again. But I can never decide things for myself. And I really want to be helped.

It's the same issue as the first one I posted. But it's gotten worse. Now I dream about him every night. I feel faint when I hear his voice. I pretend he's real... I cling to the blanket as if it's him, and to vent my emotions I just say everything, pour out my entire soul to "him"... and I'm not focusing on anything, even the stuff I like, like Pokemon... or programming.
    The scary thing is, part of me thinks "don't get help. They'll pull you away from him, and you don't want that..." I don't even really WANT to be helped, I want to stay in this dreamlike state forever... I wouldn't care if I never woke up again... if I were in my dreams eternally and I died I wouldn't care.
    If he existed I'd literally kill someone if he told me to. I'd do just about anything for him... even die...
    It's made me lose all my friends (all my friends IRL anyway), and I don't even care. I have him to talk to even though he isn't real. He strokes my hair, and I feel it without really feeling it. I hardly feel anything these days except when I am alone... alone with my thoughts of him.
    Itachi Uchiha.
    DAMMNNNN I just typed up a reply for this but I took so long writing so much it logged me out and everything I typed up disappeared... >>;

Anyway, many people may receive feelings towards characters on shows, movies, etc, and that's a really common issue, however, there's a line where you stop and you have clearly ran over the line. This is a really dangerous problem, and certain things you stated within your problem made me realise that your problem is beyond help with just advice from a Pokemon forum. I suggest you go and see a doctor or someone who can help to cure this problem. And try to tell your parents about it as well, as I assume they desperately want to know what's wrong with you due to your behaviour. Btw, clearly you want help with this problem since you posted here about it and thank god you did, cuz IMO this issue is serious. Oh and it is possible to stop surrounding yourself with these obsessive but revelling feelings, before you aren't just bothered with the fact that you have lost probably most of your RL friends, but you will lose other things too, i.e., the goodness of your health. Hope you will feel better about this soon.

Wilow-Wisp

Ò__Ô
    Years
    Ive had some sleeping problems too, Seth, but not nearly as bad. It sounds like your sleep schedule is really wacked up. Try getting to sleep at around 11 or 12 at night after a long days work, or relax a few hours before you plan to sleep. It helps settle down your mind and body so it will be easier to get to sleep. Try this for a few days and you might get back on the ball. :) Hope it works for you.

I didnt get to sleep till 3 last night becuase I sketched a bit before hitting the hay. Its like a curse or something...Ive done this before and only got like 3 hours of sleep. Felt like shiz the next day.
    Its like drawing a tiny bit overstimulates my brain and I just lay wide awake for hours. Hopefully I can sleep easier tonight... @_@

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    My problem:

Start waking yourself up earlier everyday. I always had this problem over the summer and I'd fix it by necessity when I went back to school since all of a sudden instead of waking up at 4PM I had to wake up at 7AM. Since it is summer and it sounds like you don't really have anything to do during the day, you won't need as drastic a sleeping schedule change.

I would suggest setting your alarm for 1PM or noon for the next little while and forcing yourself to get out of bed at that time. If you stay in bed you'll just go back to sleep, so get up, get on the computer (or do something) so that you start to wake up. You'll get used to this eventually and start going to bed earlier. Then just set the alarm earlier and earlier until you've fixed your schedule. It could take a while if you're that far off, but if you're serious about wanting to be awake for daylight hours, I'm sure you can pull it off~

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    I have a sleeping problem. Its hard for me to go to sleep, and once I do its even harder for me to wake up. I think it may have a lot to do with my job. I have to get up at midnight. I am normal asleep by eight or nine. I go to work and get back home by six or seven in the morning, and go back to bed until nine or ten then go though my day studding for college, hanging out on the internet, or just sitting at home working on my fic. I am not as tired on the job as I use to be, I am in fact quire awake, once I get up. My only problem with going to bed earlier is that I have an evening college class. My question is do you have any suggestions to make it so that I am not so tired all day, other than more sleep.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    You might want to go to bed earlier. Adults generally need 6.5 to 7.5 hours of sleep, and you seem to only be getting 3-4 at night and a little more in the day. Sleep doesn't work if you sleep 4 hours at night and 4 hours during the day, you need to sleep soundly for entire time needed without spending too much time awake.

Maybe you should just go to bed at 7 and see how you feel? Or you might want to get a new job. :/

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    Or you might want to get a new job. :/

not trying to be mean, but no way in hell. I like my job way too much.

and the coffee thing works great around 2 am. going to bed earlier is going to be easer because i will not have to be going to college until august. i just finished summer semester today. The only problem is that it is hard for me to go to sleep with the sun still up. it does not set until 9ish. it does not get bright until after 6. that is why i can go to sleep easily after work, but not before. *sigh*, I'm doomed.

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
    (back with more boring problems)

Anyway, this one kind of ties in with the last one, and that is:

I love gore.

It's not just anything, I love it to an extremely high extreme. I try to find pictures of it, books with lots of it in it, and I write about it as much as I can. If I could watch R-rated movies, I'd watch ones with tons of gore in them. It's always the first word I look up in my dictionary, I'm constantly trying to explain gore differently, I'm always looking up synonyms. I'm fascinated by any sort of blood, and I love it when I bleed.
    So, now, my morbid obsession is really freaking me out. But I can't find any way to stop it. I always have access to it. I even like it when other people bleed, and I always want to see it. So, would there be any possible way to stop the obsession or at least reduce its intensity?

Akarei Yorume

His servant forever... <3
    Years

I love gore.

It's not just anything, I love it to an extremely high extreme. I try to find pictures of it, books with lots of it in it, and I write about it as much as I can. If I could watch R-rated movies, I'd watch ones with tons of gore in them. It's always the first word I look up in my dictionary, I'm constantly trying to explain gore differently, I'm always looking up synonyms. I'm fascinated by any sort of blood, and I love it when I bleed.
    So, now, my morbid obsession is really freaking me out. But I can't find any way to stop it. I always have access to it. I even like it when other people bleed, and I always want to see it. So, would there be any possible way to stop the obsession or at least reduce its intensity?

Hm. I see it has become an obsession. I know what an obsession feels like, (except it's a little different 'cause yours isn't a love-obsession, but still...) and if it's this severe, take it from me I'd suggest you tell your parents about it. Yeah, it could get you in trouble, but it'll be better than letting this go unchecked. (I write a lot of gore too. ^^)
    And if your mum takes away your computer privilages, it might be distressing but it'll at least get you away from some of it. ^^;

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Damn it girl, get a psychiatrist, or talk to your school counselor, something, but I suggest you one thing to keep in your mind for as long as you see some gore, ¨How would those People suffering in gore feel? Would you like that feeling?¨

If that don´t work, the japanese will stop making Pokemon

-HeaveN-

In this craziness, absurdity..
    Years

I love gore.

Wait aren't you a girl? Oh well If you love to see anyone bleeding then I think you should watch anime like "Trinity Blood" or you can skip to watching some "vampire" movies etc. In real-life, that's pretty absurd. You should try to abandon this habit. Just take your interests somewhere esle. And yeah try finding synonyms for another word. -_-"

Roy G. Biv

KHAAAAAN!
    Years
    Okay, I hope you guys can help me with my romancing problem :D

There's this girl I really like, before summer vacation I didn't think she knew I existed. That is, until one of my friends gave me her number. Now we've been talking to each other like crazy and we've become great friends. She oftentimes tells me how great I am, I actually convinced myself she liked me back. I was content to bask in the appreciation for a while but then I let slip how I feel about her. It turns out that she "appreciates my honesty" :/

Now were back to talking, and we're still great friends, but I'm not content. I just feel semi-empty inside. I constantly wish I could take back telling her how I feel so it would be like it was before. How can I make the pain stop? *cries*

^truestory^

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    There isn't really anything you can do. I would say just try to move on and stay friend. I think that would be best. You have plenty of time to find someone that likes you back as well.

When you find someone else the emptiness will disappear and you will be happy with the person you are with and you will also still be friends with the other girl.

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
    Whoa... Dude, i think you went in and take the plunge too fast...
    You should like have waited... well, that would have been worse... I think...
    Hmm, its either you stop talking to her or you could continue your friendship...
    Anyways, pain as in?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back