• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Are these answers helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • For a Pokemon forum

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I don't have too many problems weighing me down or anything, and they're certainly no match for some of the stuff other people in the world have to deal with. Classes are tough, sure, but I can deal with that. I'm short on cash, but I'll manage.

I'm more worried about crap in general. People are starving everywhere, losing homes (or homeless), diseased, killing each other, etc. Not to mention there seems to be a significant lack of depth to about 90% of the people I meet. I mean, they're good people, sure, but it's as if everyone these days is completely hedonistic and cares for nothing other than their own happiness. Other people matter too; that's how we got this far. A corollary to that is what I perceive as a death of affection; sure, people hang out and some are even in sexual relationships, but none of it seems real to me. Meaningful relationships (both friendships and romantic ones) seem like a thing of the past, and that saddens me greatly. Who am I to judge, though? It's just this sort of thing kind of nags at the back of my mind; I rarely think about it, but it's always kind of there in the background.
    Not sure whether or not you're asking for help, but all of the above (minus all things romantic) is where I'm at. Coming from a small, conservative town, 100% of the people I've met have been selfish and/or dense. (Looking back, I can't tell you how I made it through all those years of dealing with those people. Of course, I did have numerous breakdowns where I resorted to being completely antisocial for a day or so. Which made me look rather silly, in retrospect.) I just moved, so I've cut off all communications with my previous "friends." Not sure what adjective I'd use to describe that decision (immature/selfish?), but I'm a bit happier without them. I also just stumbled upon a volunteer opportunity, which leads me to the topic of world suffering. What goes on in the world is horrifying, and there is only so much one can do. Obviously, there's no compensation for volunteering (though it can get you a job sometimes), but the experience is certainly gratifying. If you're really passionate about helping those facing serious adversity, I'll suggest the Peace Corps, which is where I'm hoping to end up in a couple of years.

Edit: I said "minus all things romantic." The only reason ~love~ is not an issue for me is because I choose not to get romantically involved with people. The reason for that is, like you said, genuine affection seems to have died. I don't trust that anyone will share those special feelings with me, and I'm too afraid to open up to the idea. I've been through rejection...it's not fun, though I'd like to pretend that the realization that "the feeling isn't mutual" doesn't affect me.

My motive for responding was to give you advice...but I think I just sort of rambled into a TL;DR about myself. o.< Sorry about that. It's hard to give advice when you're struggling with similar (though somewhat minor) issues. Perhaps seeing that you're not alone will be a little relieving.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
    A Few Months Ago, This Boy, Sam, Kept Calling Me Names & Stuffs. I Just took it as a joke. He was nice then but now, He's just being mean like calling me a lesbian[Which is Offensive to Lesbians] and now I just can't take it. I've told my mum & Stuffs and she says report him if he does it again. But, I Sorta Like him. Which makes things worse.
    I can't take it so much I've Cried......V_V

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
    A Few Months Ago, This Boy, Sam, Kept Calling Me Names & Stuffs. I Just took it as a joke. He was nice then but now, He's just being mean like calling me a lesbian[Which is Offensive to Lesbians] and now I just can't take it. I've told my mum & Stuffs and she says report him if he does it again. But, I Sorta Like him. Which makes things worse.

aww poor you. If he was nice before and now he's mean maybe he doe's it in a secret way because he likes you.

Calling you names like this isn't a really likable thing but, just ignore that.

have you ever told any of HIS friends that this had ocured?.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
    aww poor you. If he was nice before and now he's mean maybe he doe's it in a secret way because he likes you.

Calling you names like this isn't a really likable thing but, just ignore that.

have you ever told any of HIS friends that this had ocured?.
    I think Lee Knows. I'll ask/tell them. I know this boy called Karl knows. V_V I don't wanna go to school today......

Years
    I have this huge prob with my behavior. When me and my friends go around school, there is always someone or a few people who really blows my top off. This is the problem, without just ignoring it(its almost impossible for me) i tend to make it ten times worse by throwing a fist at their face and i dont even realize i punched them.....
    What should i do??

(im not a bully or anything.. just an average guy i guess)

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
    I have this huge prob with my behavior. When me and my friends go around school, there is always someone or a few people who really blows my top off. This is the problem, without just ignoring it(its almost impossible for me) i tend to make it ten times worse by throwing a fist at their face and i dont even realize i punched them.....
    What should i do??

(im not a bully or anything.. just an average guy i guess)

Either Breathe Deeply For 10 - 20 Seconds, Or Ask Your Parents To Get Counseling. It Will Help You To Ignore And Stop Fighting.

Zet

Years
    like as in like like? And how is calling someone a lesbian offensive to lesbians?

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
    Latly I've been silently crushing on this particular guy. He's so well amazing. He even said my name right at the very first time but, only because, usually my name is hard to pronounce.
    He's in like 5 of my classes and all the major ones as well. so it's kind of distracting when he's there to stare.
    what should I do?
    should I wait for him to make the move? I mean 4'rths the charm right? after three no good guys I hope he's the right one.

ÇyänïdëÉX

Dr.banana
    Years
    I can't get through humans any more. I have lost all hope in humanity and see its existence as bleak and short, what can return my faith in humanity again? and i don't mean religious faith, but i mean like trust.

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
    Gah... I just wrecked my car a few hours ago -_-
    I need to come up with $1000 dollars to get it fixed.

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
    The problem is simple. I have like crushed on this guy like for four years and yes I know i mentioned another guy but, this one's better.
    His name is Josh and durning science when we were doing popcorn reading he picked me twice, one yesterday and now today. I need some advice. What doe's that tell me?. And in popcorn reading you could pick anyone randomly and out of all the people he chose me TWICE!.
    some help please...=_=!.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    The problem is simple. I have like crushed on this guy like for four years and yes I know i mentioned another guy but, this one's better.

Multiple 'crushes' = bad.
    All this indicates is that it's nothing more than infatuation. Ask yourself, do you truly like these guys? Because it seems that you don't really know them on a personal level and you're basing these 'crushes' on trivial things.
    In what way is this guy "better" than the last one?
    His name is Josh and durning science when we were doing popcorn reading he picked me twice, one yesterday and now today. I need some advice. What doe's that tell me?. And in popcorn reading you could pick anyone randomly and out of all the people he chose me TWICE!.
    some help please...=_=!.
    That doesn't really tell you anything, he could've picked you out for a number of reasons.
    It isn't something that's very personal; so it shouldn't be too embarrassing to just ask him why he chose you?

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    O wow. You kids:D Cherish the He/She stuff while it lasts:DDD

@Mama Uchiha: You need to not read so deeply into such begnign occurences. I'm trying to hurt your feelings, but it probably doesn't mean anything. You need to cool your jets girl;) Listen to Vendak. You need to ask yourself some searching questions to determine whether you even really like these guys are not.

There are plenty of women I meet who make me feel all fuzzy and warm hahaha. But the fact of the matter is infatuation often masquerades as love at first sight. It's a purely biological response to seeing somethin appealing to the eye. You could very well be crushing on these guys, but don't mistake it for to much more kiddo. Good luck! Get to know them- and go from there;)

@Cyainadeax (or whatever haha): Lighten up buddy. I have been there 2. Cut the excessive introspection if that's whats causing this. you haven't lost trust in anybody... Other than yourself. I can tell you what to do- Go help someone out. Volunteer a few hours to a good cause. You are bound to have someone touch your humanity in this process, and it is always refreshing to feel someones gratitude. People are just people. We are all trying to get by with our hand. Your perception is obviously tainted, and needs a good cleansing. I think reaching out to people, despite your trust in them, will do you much good.

@Syrex: That suuucckks man. Do you have a job? How bad is the damage?

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years

Multiple 'crushes' = bad.
    All this indicates is that it's nothing more than infatuation. Ask yourself, do you truly like these guys? Because it seems that you don't really know them on a personal level and you're basing these 'crushes' on trivial things.
    In what way is this guy "better" than the last one?
    That doesn't really tell you anything, he could've picked you out for a number of reasons.
    It isn't something that's very personal; so it shouldn't be too embarrassing to just ask him why he chose you?

*sigh* I can't just ask why. He chose me done and done. Like wise I know him for so long so maybe I should well NOT throw him overboard for someone who I barly know.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
    Does anyone know a way to keep yourself from dwelling on the past? Several times every day, I see, hear or think something that in some way reminds me of a past event that I regret. I'm able to put it out of my mind after a few minutes, but it happens so often that the number of triggers for it is on the rise. There's one major regretful memory, but there are also a lot that are just kind of embarrassing and annoying. For some reason, I just can't stop thinking of these things.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Does anyone know a way to keep yourself from dwelling on the past? Several times every day, I see, hear or think something that in some way reminds me of a past event that I regret. I'm able to put it out of my mind after a few minutes, but it happens so often that the number of triggers for it is on the rise. There's one major regretful memory, but there are also a lot that are just kind of embarrassing and annoying. For some reason, I just can't stop thinking of these things.

There are memories that tend to sneak into my thoughts randomly, but I just force myself to be okay with it. If it was an embarrassing situation, I tell myself that I'm human and hope that the people who witnessed the moment don't think about it as much as I do. And if they do, what can you do? I doubt they don't experience embarrassing situations themselves. As for the more painful memories, I just make myself move on. You can't really prevent these memories from entering your mind, they did happen, and the most you can do is accept it and/or use the memories as a lesson.

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    if any of you read my last post here you'll be glad to know i finally got a girlfriend! :)
    *off-topic sorrry*

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    I didn't write this, I just agree with it.
    In my case I had to learn to forgive. Whether it was me or others it was still the same answer. I can't say I have forgotten all but I have managed to forgive most. This is not meant to be a religious answer, just that which I had to do to move on in my life. Forgiving myself was actually harder than forgiving others ever was. (and I had a lot to forgive others for) I will never completely forget the pain I and so many others have caused me but I was able to forgive. After all if anyone knows we are all human and all capable of great evil as well as great good it is me.

Develop an optimistic approach toward life. What has happened has happened. We cannot change the past, we can learn from it and try not to make the same mistakes. We can accept that all people are human and therefore will make mistakes. We cannot control others or how they treat us; however we can control how we react. As well we can choose not to deal with individuals that cause us pain.

Now for my problem:
    I'm am unhealthy. I weigh 87 pounds and have around 6% body fat or something like that. It is actually really horrible, I mean you can see nearly all of my ribcage. It is rather disgusting. I have a horrible diet, mainly because I don't know what a good diet would consists. I guess eat fruits and vegetables and cut back on bad foods, but what foods? What should/shouldn't I eat?

I run out of breath quickly, and am barely able to lift things that are probably like twenty pounds. I am nearly always tied/lacking sleep which I know because of the black rings/bags around my eyes, which go away if I get good sleep, but I really just can't. I can't get to sleep when I want to, my body just isn't ready for it. I stay awake for a few hours after I have gone off to bed. I will then most likely wake up around 2-3 in the morning. (Falling asleep around 11-12 and going to bed around 9-9:30 ) I also don't have pills or anything of the sort to help me sleep, and they wouldn't be readily available if I ever wanted them. (I am only 13)

Years
    I didn't write this, I just agree with it.
    In my case I had to learn to forgive. Whether it was me or others it was still the same answer. I can't say I have forgotten all but I have managed to forgive most. This is not meant to be a religious answer, just that which I had to do to move on in my life. Forgiving myself was actually harder than forgiving others ever was. (and I had a lot to forgive others for) I will never completely forget the pain I and so many others have caused me but I was able to forgive. After all if anyone knows we are all human and all capable of great evil as well as great good it is me.

Develop an optimistic approach toward life. What has happened has happened. We cannot change the past, we can learn from it and try not to make the same mistakes. We can accept that all people are human and therefore will make mistakes. We cannot control others or how they treat us; however we can control how we react. As well we can choose not to deal with individuals that cause us pain.

Now for my problem:
    I'm am unhealthy. I weigh 87 pounds and have around 6% body fat or something like that. It is actually really horrible, I mean you can see nearly all of my ribcage. It is rather disgusting. I have a horrible diet, mainly because I don't know what a good diet would consists. I guess eat fruits and vegetables and cut back on bad foods, but what foods? What should/shouldn't I eat?

I run out of breath quickly, and am barely able to lift things that are probably like twenty pounds. I am nearly always tied/lacking sleep which I know because of the black rings/bags around my eyes, which go away if I get good sleep, but I really just can't. I can't get to sleep when I want to, my body just isn't ready for it. I stay awake for a few hours after I have gone off to bed. I will then most likely wake up around 2-3 in the morning. (Falling asleep around 11-12 and going to bed around 9-9:30 ) I also don't have pills or anything of the sort to help me sleep, and they wouldn't be readily available if I ever wanted them. (I am only 13)

I suggest you wake up extra early and go for a morning run. eat a really good breakfast at around 6 or 7 am. That should keep your energy going until around 12 - 1 pm were you should eat muesli bars, yoghurt, and fruits at school. At around 3 - 5 pm just snack on healthy food. You may want to eat alot of low GI food especially at around 3 pm so that you have energy to get through the sluggish second half of the day. Eat dinner at 7 pm. No later. Seriously. Also, keep a bed time of 9 pm. I know you dont like it, but you have to sleep early at this age. I'm struggling to keep my bed time of around 10 pm >.> but hey, you gotta keep at it.

Can you walk to school? Walk. Do some exercises at home such as yoga or muscle strengthening stretches. DONT go gym yet. Do lots of cardio.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back