• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Are these answers helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • For a Pokemon forum

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019

Try to be understanding of Girl 1's situation...perhaps there's something more to her constant dismissal of boyfriend applications. Since you are close to her, maybe asking why she doesn't date will cause her to open up to you and see that you're someone she can count on emotionally, thus gradually building a stronger relationship between the both of you. Are you absolutely sure Girl 2 acts this way mostly to you? When she does, just keep your cool. Be self-confident, but don't try too hard. Girl 1 is probs your best bet, but you always have a chance with either.

I know, i think she wants to find the right guy but I think I may be the right one or at least I have a .1% chance to be the right one T-T

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    I know, i think she wants to find the right guy but I think I may be the right one or at least I have a .1% chance to be the right one T-T

k what I'll tell you is something I figured out too late. The best way to handle these things is to ask the girl directly. You can get advice from people here but she could also not be flirting with you at all. And if you misread innocent friendship talk as flirting and you dive too fast into it... well it hurts really bad when they reject you:< Just stay friends or try and tell her how you feel or stay friends and be patient and wait for the right moment.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    k what I'll tell you is something I figured out too late. The best way to handle these things is to ask the girl directly. You can get advice from people here but she could also not be flirting with you at all. And if you misread innocent friendship talk as flirting and you dive too fast into it... well it hurts really bad when they reject you:< Just stay friends or try and tell her how you feel or stay friends and be patient and wait for the right moment.
    k, thank you, I think your answer helps me most :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    When you're feeling like you can't do anything right, like you're good for nothing...worthless. How is this solved?
    That, actually, has been a problem for me lately xD. But I don't really stress over it. How you feel is your decision.
    You could take your mind off your negative emotions by developing some interests...I think the amount of passions one has contributes to their "worthiness," so to speak. Nah mean?

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
  • I saw this thread and hesitated, but now I'll give it a try:

I don't know what kind of person I am, personality-wise. I act differently depending on which person I'm hanging out with, and I hang out with alot of people, and they each act different from another group of friends. The thing is, I've been hanging out with SO many goups of friends, that I don't know how to be myself, stupid, I know but It hurts me. And whenever I talk about it, I get depressed and give up on life, and bad thoughts fill my head. I can't control my thinking so it's hard to keep those thoughts away. Writing in journals won't help get over my depressions and personality problems, I've tried many things, but none of them work. When I'm depressed, as I am now, I feel neglected by my friends, because they all expect me to act a certain way. I really need help, and I don't want to go to a Therapist, or counselor because I don't like talking to people I've never meet before about my problems (but it's different here in PC) so that's why I don't go. Also, I have bipolar disoorder, and it's hard to control my anger. When I get mad at someone, I feel like...punching them or something, and it's so tempting that I almost WILL punch them.

Another thing is that I don't like myself for being the way I am, physically and mentally. I'm weaker than most guys my age, and I feel as if I'm ugly, and weak. And mentally because-read above paragraph-

Any suggestions?

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I saw this thread and hesitated, but now I'll give it a try:

I don't know what kind of person I am, personality-wise. I act differently depending on which person I'm hanging out with, and I hang out with alot of people, and they each act different from another group of friends. The thing is, I've been hanging out with SO many goups of friends, that I don't know how to be myself, stupid, I know but It hurts me. And whenever I talk about it, I get depressed and give up on life, and bad thoughts fill my head. I can't control my thinking so it's hard to keep those thoughts away. Writing in journals won't help get over my depressions and personality problems, I've tried many things, but none of them work. When I'm depressed, as I am now, I feel neglected by my friends, because they all expect me to act a certain way. I really need help, and I don't want to go to a Therapist, or counselor because I don't like talking to people I've never meet before about my problems (but it's different here in PC) so that's why I don't go. Also, I have bipolar disoorder, and it's hard to control my anger. When I get mad at someone, I feel like...punching them or something, and it's so tempting that I almost WILL punch them.

Another thing is that I don't like myself for being the way I am, physically and mentally. I'm weaker than most guys my age, and I feel as if I'm ugly, and weak. And mentally because-read above paragraph-

Any suggestions?

I know quite a few people with that issue, you're definitely not alone. Keep in mind you ARE still young, in that ~awkward stage of adolescence~, and you will most likely grow out of that chameleon-like nature. Keep your eyes open to the future, and perhaps work on the things you can change about yourself. Friends are important, so I suggest you find your real ones and stick with them. That is a pretty hard task, but your real friends are those who you don't feel obligated to correspond to. It isn't easy to let go of people, but in reality, departure is constant and something everyone has to learn to accept at some point. If you abandon this desire to be compatible with everyone, discovering yourself will be a lot easier. As for things you might not be able to change about yourself physically, I'll throw a Dr. Seuss quote at you: "Be who you are and say what you feel, because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind."

Medication is one way to deal with bi-polar disorder, but not the only way. Try to keep track of what triggers certain emotions in efforts to maintain control of them, and try to distract yourself with personal interests. For example, if you enjoy Pokemon, deal with your negative emotions by playing a Pokemon game.

HyPeRsHoCk

Lerk
    Years
  • That, actually, has been a problem for me lately xD. But I don't really stress over it. How you feel is your decision.
    You could take your mind off your negative emotions by developing some interests...I think the amount of passions one has contributes to their "worthiness," so to speak. Nah mean?

Thank you. I will think about this...

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
  • Hey people. It's your [least] favorite scientist and mathemagician, Neiteio!

Anyway, I work in a high-risk environment where I'm guaranteed to make lots of enemies that just so happen to be "pro" computer hackers (this is still unconfirmed, we don't know if fel0ny really did hack that jewelry store website... and AnT is a hive of losers).

Regardless, they've become active after a few months of dormancy, and that usually implies that they're out to gather docs on us. The solution: [REDACT] anything they could possibly use to trace me. I've been really good with precautions for the longest time, from multiple aliases to TOR to dummy e-mails to neighbor's wi-fi...

So my question to you is as follows: are my SCIENCE-themed posts a benefit to the community or unnecessary? Should I continue doing what I do?

Years
  • Hey, there's this weird guy stalking some of my friends on the internet. I think he might be mentally challenged, so we don't want to be too harsh on him, but what should we do? He keeps using strange words, and they're starting to get scared. Help?

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Hey, there's this weird guy stalking some of my friends on the internet. I think he might be mentally challenged, so we don't want to be too harsh on him, but what should we do? He keeps using strange words, and they're starting to get scared. Help?

Sorry that I lol'd at that a little. That's happened to me in real life...I just told the guy I was taken. If light confrontation doesn't work, you kind of have to get harsh. He's a person all the same, consider it a favor to let him know that he's not socializing appropriately. If he is seriously frightening, take it up with the head/a moderator of whatever social network you guys are using.

Hey people. It's your [least] favorite scientist and mathemagician, Neiteio!

Anyway, I work in a high-risk environment where I'm guaranteed to make lots of enemies that just so happen to be "pro" computer hackers (this is still unconfirmed, we don't know if fel0ny really did hack that jewelry store website... and AnT is a hive of losers).

Regardless, they've become active after a few months of dormancy, and that usually implies that they're out to gather docs on us. The solution: [REDACT] anything they could possibly use to trace me. I've been really good with precautions for the longest time, from multiple aliases to TOR to dummy e-mails to neighbor's wi-fi...

So my question to you is as follows: are my SCIENCE-themed posts a benefit to the community or unnecessary? Should I continue doing what I do?

I'd hate to ignore you, but seeing as I've never read any of your posts, I can't provide a valid opinion.

If you don't want to make enemies with hackers, you should probably avoid criticizing their work...>.> and just continue being vigilant.

Last edited:

Hyper Chibi Absol

The Chibiest Absol ever :3
    Years
  • OK. Emotionally I'm better guys. I went to get a counselor and everything is fine.

Well... Almost fine. I'm having chest pains and the doctors yesterday couldn't figure out what I had. (I wrote journals for dA so they can explain the rest.) I just kinda need help figuring it out because this pain is effecting my breathing. :/

My morning was kinda normal.

I went looking for the nurse's office but it turns out all they had was a public assistant thing. I didn't want to bother before so I went to go eat and met up with a friend of mine. She and I went walking and I taught more and more about the PA so I went to them and told 'em about my chest pains.

A policman told me to come inside and talk to him. He checked my pulse and got my information. And then he put me on oxygen until the ambulance came. I think a little part inside of me died when I had to ride the stretcher... :/ The ride in the ambulance was very odd. The guy asked me questions and thought what I thought.

It wasn't anything like heart attack or anything like that. Just alot of stress. He hooked me up to a machine (checking my breathing I guess?) He said that there was a little bit of fluid in my left lung but that's normal. We got to the hospital and I got my own room. More questions (all the same ones) They hooked me up to a machine their to keep track of my vitals. I got an X-ray of my chest.

Everything turned out fine but I never found out what was wrong with me because I didn't let them take blood.

Well. You know that I'm having chest pains, obviously because I had to go to the hospital yesterday. (mom still doesn't know but I told my little brother and sister. My brother doesn't care)

Well... Ever since I came home yesterday, it was worse... As much as I hate to say it. It does effect my breathing because whenever I take a deep breath, it hurts or rather feels sore in my case....

I'll endure it for a little longer. If it gets any worse, I'll go back to the hospital and have those damned blood tests...

I actually think it has to do with my lungs. Not my heart because it effects my breathing and nothing else. :/ What bugs me is, they said my breathing was fine according to the machine that said I'm getting 98% of my oxygen.

I don't know... It's getting rather annoying now. I just want it to end. :/

When I told my little sister, she said that I probably had something that mom had when she went to college, but the problem is, it couldn't be that because mom's blood pressure rose and she had the chest pains. My blood pressure was low, told to me by the guy in the ambulance. :/

I just don't know what's wrong with me.. :/

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • Hyper Chibi Absol...

I am experiencing the same exact thing. It's been... a few months now, since June I think, that it's been going on. I haven't told anyone though, because it really isn't bothering me except for the whole 'doesn't feel like I'm getting enough air' thing. I also feel weirdly sore when I take a deep breath just to feel my lungs fully inflate. I've had this problem for awhile now and it hasn't gone away or gotten worse (if anything, it's gotten better, as I no longer experience the chest pain I once did). Somehow I remember reading how the lungs can grow too fast for the ribcage or something like that somewhere, but I'm not too sure how plausible that really is.

I think you should go take the blood tests - better safe than sorry, right? I would think the fact that you're using 98% of your oxygen has to be comforting, though.

Hyper Chibi Absol

The Chibiest Absol ever :3
    Years
  • Hyper Chibi Absol...

I am experiencing the same exact thing. It's been... a few months now, since June I think, that it's been going on. I haven't told anyone though, because it really isn't bothering me except for the whole 'doesn't feel like I'm getting enough air' thing. I also feel weirdly sore when I take a deep breath just to feel my lungs fully inflate. I've had this problem for awhile now and it hasn't gone away or gotten worse (if anything, it's gotten better, as I no longer experience the chest pain I once did). Somehow I remember reading how the lungs can grow too fast for the ribcage or something like that somewhere, but I'm not too sure how plausible that really is.

I think you should go take the blood tests - better safe than sorry, right? I would think the fact that you're using 98% of your oxygen has to be comforting, though.

Well... I told myself, if this gets any wosre, I'll go back to the hospital. But as far as I can see, it only got worse after coming home from the hospital, but hasn't gotten wosre since.

What do you mean? You can't?

PikaFreak

Five Dollar Foot Long.
    Years
  • Ok so, I have this friend and I kinda like him.
    We've been friends since we were 5.

And we're 12 now.
    We still hang out alot and stuff but things aren't right.

The things that aren't right are... well...
    1. It's hard to hang around with him without blushing.
    2. All of his other friends are 5 or 7 years older then him.
    3. Sometimes those friends are there, when we're playing.
    4. In the school year one of his other friends and I have a war between who he's going to pick to hang out with that day.
    5. We don't agree on alot of things and when we don't agree he'll act all, oh my opinion is way more important then yours, in other words, he's rude.
    6. This other friend of his will come down to see if he can hang out when I already told him a billion times that he picked me to hang out with today.
    7. Sometimes I think he only plays with me for my games and toys and stuff...

Please help me!

~PikaFreak

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Ok so, I have this friend and I kinda like him.
    We've been friends since we were 5.

And we're 12 now.
    We still hang out alot and stuff but things aren't right.

The things that aren't right are... well...
    1. It's hard to hang around with him without blushing.
    2. All of his other friends are 5 or 7 years older then him.
    3. Sometimes those friends are there, when we're playing.
    4. In the school year one of his other friends and I have a war between who he's going to pick to hang out with that day.
    5. We don't agree on alot of things and when we don't agree he'll act all, oh my opinion is way more important then yours, in other words, he's rude.
    6. This other friend of his will come down to see if he can play when I already told him a billion times that he picked me to hang out with today.
    7. Sometimes I only think he plays with me for my games and toys and stuff...

Please help me!

~PikaFreak
    You're a little to young lol xD anyways, just wait it out a couple of months or weeks or years when you are older lol.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • Well... I told myself, if this gets any wosre, I'll go back to the hospital. But as far as I can see, it only got worse after coming home from the hospital, but hasn't gotten wosre since.

What do you mean? You can't?

Well. I haven't actually gone to the hospital (heck, I haven't even told anyone), so I wouldn't know. I haven't seen any changes in the months it's been going on, so I've just sort of let it go and wait until it got worse to tell someone. And so far, it hasn't, so I'm not too bothered right now...

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2009
    OK. Emotionally I'm better guys. I went to get a counselor and everything is fine.

Well... Almost fine. I'm having chest pains and the doctors yesterday couldn't figure out what I had. (I wrote journals for dA so they can explain the rest.) I just kinda need help figuring it out because this pain is effecting my breathing. :/

Sounds to me like you're having a mild form of hyperventilation. Either that or you might have bruised your ribs (I'm sure you would've remembered that happening). Taking a blood test really wouldn't do much when it comes to determining what's wrong, other then viewing your oxigen level.
    I really wouldn't worry too much, if it is a mild form of hyperventilation you might be stressed out. Sometimes meditation helps.. I'm not a doctor (just a nurse) so if you really feel something is wrong, go to a real doctor. But try some relaxation methods for a day or two and see how it works for you.

Years
  • Hey guys, its altaria
    I know that alot of you guys don't know me but... I've got a problem

Okay, now there is me and this girl, we have known each other since third grade (we are now in tenth)
    So, the deal is everyone at my school says we should date, no they are not making fun of us, they honestly think we would make a cute couple
    We are good friends, and hang out a good bit talking and joking, but a lot of people, and i mean every person that knows us, thinks one of three things
    1. That we are already dating
    2. That we should date
    3. That we fight like an old married couple
    Now, I have no idea if she likes me or not, but quite frankly i have no idea where my feelings are for her
    As for all of the people saying we should date, i personally say, we could always try just to see how it would work out, but the deal is we share so many of the same friends,
    We are one big circle at our school, and i would feel terrible if it didn't work out, and people took sides and hated each other
    It's just one big mess that keeps on popping up and i don't know how to deal with it

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    Hey guys, its altaria
    I know that alot of you guys don't know me but... I've got a problem

Okay, now there is me and this girl, we have known each other since third grade (we are now in tenth)
    So, the deal is everyone at my school says we should date, no they are not making fun of us, they honestly think we would make a cute couple
    We are good friends, and hang out a good bit talking and joking, but a lot of people, and i mean every person that knows us, thinks one of three things
    1. That we are already dating
    2. That we should date
    3. That we fight like an old married couple
    Now, I have no idea if she likes me or not, but quite frankly i have no idea where my feelings are for her
    As for all of the people saying we should date, i personally say, we could always try just to see how it would work out, but the deal is we share so many of the same friends,
    We are one big circle at our school, and i would feel terrible if it didn't work out, and people took sides and hated each other
    It's just one big mess that keeps on popping up and i don't know how to deal with it

Don't listen to what other people say. I've been through the same thing and if you ignore it, eventually people will stop talking about it. I think you shouldn't date for two reasons:
    - You don't know how you feel about this girl. That can't be good.
    - You don't want to ruin things you already have. If things don't end up working out, it'll probably be really awkward.

This girl sounds like your best friend and I think she should stay your best friend. And, being a girl, I know that most of us see a "point of no return." That is, when we've been friends with someone for so long that it'd just be weird to date them. I don't think you should be dating this girl, you two are better off friends.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back