• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
    Years
    What you're describing sounds like abuse. It's not right, in any case.

Does it seem like your mother ever feels bad about what she's doing or that she seems to understand what she's doing isn't right? If so you could try to talk with her and tell her what she's doing is hurting you. You might be able to find a solution if she realized what she's doing. But don't do that if it doesn't seem safe. If she seems like she'll always get angry it's best to find help elsewhere.

Unfortunately I can't say you should speak to a teacher since you're not going to an in-person school. Is there any adult you can talk to about this? Maybe a neighbor or a priest (if you're religious/go to church/whatever). It sounds like you had trouble telling the police officer what happened because your mother was right there so if you can find a chance to talk with an adult you can trust (like an aunt or uncle or grandparent even) without your parents around that seems like it would be good. Even if you can't get hold of an adult try to talk with anyone you can trust who will listen to you. I know you might not have many choices, but if you can you want to talk to someone who really has their act together and seems sensible and fair. They'll likely believe you, or at the very least they won't assume you're lying and give you a fair chance.

It may not be a problem that can be fixed immediately so you might have to come up with a way of coping with your situation. It seems as though you have some level of freedom when it comes to internet access so you might want to use it as a place to vent where you parents won't see it. But really you shouldn't have to put up with this.
    Talking to my parents would just make things worse.
    I have an aunt coming to visit pretty soon, and she's been concerned about this problem. I once got a laptop from her for Christmas (used), so when I was on it I found some email she sent to my church's (at the time) youth pastor. I talked to her about it later and she said to delete it immediately.

The only reason I have freedom on the internet is, well, I technically don't. I'm doing all of this on a school computer (as I said, I go to an internet school). I'm only allowed to use it for school purposes, but....

Thank you very much for your advice! :cer_smile:

Years

Talking to my parents would just make things worse.
    I have an aunt coming to visit pretty soon, and she's been concerned about this problem. I once got a laptop from her for Christmas (used), so when I was on it I found some email she sent to my church's (at the time) youth pastor. I talked to her about it later and she said to delete it immediately.

The only reason I have freedom on the internet is, well, I technically don't. I'm doing all of this on a school computer (as I said, I go to an internet school). I'm only allowed to use it for school purposes, but....

Thank you very much for your advice! :cer_smile:
    I'm glad you'll get a chance to talk to your aunt and that it seems like she already understands what's going on. I don't know exactly what she could do to help, but hopefully there will be something. If it doesn't seem like she has much power to change things then maybe you could ask her to come over more, you know, so that your mother will have to act more responsibly more often. Maybe you can ask if she could get anyone else involved, someone you parents would listen to. I know you don't want to make things hard on your family, but if things get worse you need to think about your safety first. That is more important than anything else.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    My great grandpa, whom I call Papaw, unexpectedly died last night. He had just gotten home from the hospital for pancreatitis. It seemed like he was doing better, so this death was highly unexpected and a big shocker for the entire family.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I still have to start up on that Economics case work. Ich.
    When will I learn to fight procrastination?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back