• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Postgame

What do you do after you've beaten the game?

• Total voters

-Cygnus-

It's an odyssey
Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2015
    I would never restart my game. I'm always happy with Pokemon I obtain with the National Pokedex.

I wish I was more like you haha. I can always make a list of reasons as to why I should start over instead of enjoying my Pokemon thoroughly >_<

I sort of just do bits and pieces, like training up, catching pokémon, battling here and there and of course, "wandering aimlessly" :D

Usually after a suitable amount of time I restart :)

I guess this best describes me haha. My goal for my team is lvl 60 now, and after that, I guess I will go on another catching spree and see if I can get any good natures. I just discovered Latias too, so now I can spend time finding a good hunter and catching it without a masterball! I feel like I always cheat with the lati's like that...

Nilz

renegade of funk.
    Years
  • Just talking about the post end-game content in the games, I've been kinda disappointed with 5th gen so far. The random 10 lvl jump was pretty annoying and I didn't feel like there was a viable way to catch up. The end game zones also seemed a little bland besides that one cool town where everyone sang. I really liked firered and leafgreen's post game, there were 7 different islands to discover plus the league jump was tough but didnt seem too unfair.

Years
  • I do a lot after I beat the game. I train my Pokemon. I catch new Pokemon too. I do everything that you can do in the game. I have a lot of fun.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I do various different things after the main storyline is complete. On some games I try to complete my Pokedex, raise Pokemon, start competitive teams, things like that. With other games, I trade over the Pokemon I want to keep to kept games and restart over. Most of the time, I just stop playing them.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    In my SS it has finally got to the point where I'm just 'wandering aimlessly' around lol, just breeding random pokemon together like some pocket-monster pimp. But in White it's the complete opposite, I feel theres too much to do! O.o

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • Train Pokemon to lv. 100. Try to catch new Pokemon (never worked out for me). Really for me the post game is nearly just as fun because I feel it's a challenge to raise Pokemon really strong. In Black I still haven't even challenged Alder.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Pretty much everything except restart. The only scenarios I will legitimately restart are:

• for nostalgic reasons (i.e., view the opening cutscene and introductory dialogue). In these cases, I don't save the New Game file and prevent my actual playthrough file from being overwritten. From what I've heard, to do a "New Game" in Platinum (and onwards?), your current file has to be deleted before you can restart. Which SUCKS. I mean, just recently I briefly "restarted" Emerald just to hear the VS Magma/Aqua Grunt battle theme in-game for nostalgia. My only guess is that having a saved play file in memory and loading data for a new game would be too much for a DS cartridge, yet I somehow doubt this...
    • if my current file was for a one-off Pokemon. For example, after I read a FireRed walkthrough, I ran through a file solely for the opportunity of obtaining the likes of Hitmonlee and Omastar, as I intended to get Kabuto and Hitmonchan in my "actual" play file. I did the same thing for the starters and the Legendary Dogs, until HGSS came out. -.- I'll still likely do a similar thing for Generation 4 and 5 starters...
    • if the game file is corrupted or something...
    Typically, I level up my team to Level 100. I tinker with postgame features like Secret Bases, Contests, etc... I usually intend to finish the region with any sidequests... I breed primarily for training purposes, attempting to complete the Pokemon in the process. I wander aimlessly if I'm bored... The bulk of my postgame play includes Battle Frontier (most evident with Pokemon Emerald Version), due to the near-infinite replayability of it.

The prospect of erasing my save file doesn't seem good...there's revised challenges and runs you can do, but it's still the same game... For me, I tend to stick with one general file for battling. I haven't encountered the situation of what to do "post-game" after Pokemon are migrated from that file...so I might potentially restart, but I'll probably just rebattle the Elite 4 and train a new team from scratch should that happen... :<

My general postgame goal, though, is to complete the Pokedex, finish sidequests, level fully-evolved Pokemon (and certain Formes) to Level 100, and repeatedly take Battle Frontier challenges. If possible, I'll try Wi-Fi battling as well.

Back