• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Power That's Inside [T]

Seventh Sea

Plesiosaur Fanatic
Years
  • Hm. So, I guess my old role-play is pretty much dead. Oh well. I love role-play and I have three plots up my sleeve, so here is another idea. Here's to hoping this one goes well! And if not? Well, then maybe I can try my third...

THE POWER THAT'S INSIDE

Dear Trainer,

Hidden Power Institutes has chosen you as the lucky recipient of an enhanced-power Pokemon! Now, I'm sure you do not understand what this means, so please do allow me to explain.

At our laboratory we specialize in increasing the Power of ordinary Pokemon- that is, taking your average bidoof and giving it the power of a charizard. Right now we have out our latest experiment- and these Pokemon are by far the strongest yet! We have forty seven total Pokemon, and you will receive one of them.

Now, I must warn you not to be alarmed if your Pokemon is a different color than usual; this is simply a side-effect of our methods. Your Pokemon may also use moves that it is not naturally able to learn; so be ready for anything!

Here's the best part- you get this amazingly powerful Pokemon for free! Come to the Hidden Power Institutes Laboratory in Saffron City to pick up your Pokemon, and do take care.

-Hidden Power Institutes Staff

You were one of the "lucky recipients" of this letter. It does sound a little fishy, but you decided to go anyway. What's the worst that could happen?

When you arrive, you are surprised to find that the letter had told to the truth; you receive a basic-stage Pokemon knowing amazing moves and with highly unusual coloring. The only catch is that you are not allowed to keep this Pokemon inside a pokeball. But, fortunately, it seems to like you and follows you everywhere loyally. Who knew that these people at the Hidden Power Institutes would be so kind and honest?

But, of course, they're not. First and foremost, from the moment you leave the lab you are being watched. You certainly don't even notice the wingulls and spearows and other flying Pokemon who are always following you around, wearing cameras that will record your every move. But this is at least a little understandable, right? The scientists just want to keep an eye on their little experiments, right?

But what exactly are their experiments? The Pokemon you received isn't ordinary at all. It's legendary. Or, at least, it was. Hidden Power Institutes has been researching for years, trying to figure out how to transform one Pokemon species into another, permanently. However, the colors stay the same. A small price to pay for a powerful device.

The last step of their experiment was to test their legendary-ordinary Pokemon. But what is their hope, what is the goal? The goal is, in fact, for these Pokemon to wield all of the power of the legendaries they once were, but contained in the easily tamed and controlled body of a smaller species.

And if this experiment works?

Hidden Power Institutes will control the world. After all, who expects a fancy-colored rattata to use a move like Judgement? No one.

No one but the testing trainers at least. But don't worry. And they will be taken care of.

So that's it. Watch the trainers for a week or two. Ascertain that the experiment was successful. Summon the trainers back to the lab. Kill or contain them. Rule the world. Simple as that.

Or maybe not. As one of the trainers, you will come to the lab and receive your strange Pokemon. You will raise it for a while as you travel, though you probably won't get very far from Saffron, and then you will be summoned back to the lab. From there, all you have to do is make sure that, no matter what, Hidden Power Institutes does not succeed.

The game begins when you arrive at the lab and receive your Pokemon.

RULES:

1) Obey all forum and section rules.

2) No Mary-Sues.

3) No super sexual stuff, please.

4) Respect your fellow Role-Players.

5) Have fun.

Name: First and last required, middle is optional.

Going along with trainer requirements; ten and up.

Appearance:
    A decent paragraph describing how your character looks and what he or she is wearing. Your character will probably change clothes at least once during the role-play... hopefully. Anime hair colors and styles welcome.

Personality:
    A decent paragraph describing how your character acts. This is an important section, so don't be skimpy.

History:
    A long section describing your character's past. Try not to make it too Mary-Sue-tastic, and I may not accept you if your character's past is too similar to the past of an accepted character, so read other people's sign ups!

Pokemon:
    You may have up to five Pokemon with you, the sixth being the one you receive from Hidden Power Institutes. Fill out the following sheet for each one.

-Name:
    A nickname or simply the species name.

-Species:
    Any non-legendary Pokemon.

-General Description:
    Kind of a catch-all category for your Pokemon's general power (I don't go by levels), history, appearance quirks, and personality. As such, this section should be pretty long.

Legendary-Ordinary Pokemon:
    This is the one Pokemon you receive from Hidden Power Institutes.

-Name:
    You may give this Pokemon a nickname, or you can save this part until your character receives the Pokemon at the beginning of the game.

-Species:
    The ordinary species. Can be anything basic stage and non-legendary.

-Gender: The same gender it was as a legendary. This one has to have a gender, though said gender is up to your own interpretation.

-Legendary Origin:
    This Pokemon started as a legendary, so which one was it (I don't count phione or rotom as legendaries)?

-General Description:
    Another catch-all description, although this time you don't need to include the Pokemon's history. Remember- this Pokemon will be colored similarly to the legendary it once was. Keep this in mind when giving an appearance description.

That's it for a sign up sheet. Once you have signed up, I will decide your status. If you are accepted, then I officially welcome you to the role-play. If you are pending, then I will tell you what you need to work on and with a fix or two you should be accepted. If you are declined, then you will either have to re-write your sign up entirely or leave the role-play. If that is the case, then I am sorry and do hope that you are still have fun elsewhere on the forum.

ACCEPTED CHARACTERS:

Joan (Seventh Sea)
    Spoiler:

Well, that about wraps it up. Remember that only one person can sign up per legendary. And if you choose not to join in on this role-play, please do enjoy yourself elsewhere on the forum.

Last edited:

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • Name: Violet Bartholomew

Appearance: Violet is thin and quite short, about five feet, three inches tall. Her height and round face could easily lead someone to think she is twelve years old. She has long, straight, dark red hair that just reaches the arch of her back. Violet's forehead and eyebrows are covered by her "straight across" bangs. She rarely ties her hair up, only doing so if the weather becomes unbearably hot.

Violet's skin is fair, not too pale and not very tan either. Her face has random little brown "beauty marks" scattered across it. Her shiny eyes are very unusual and constantly cause people to stare due to them not being the same color. Her left eye is a pale blue and her right eye is dark brown, nearly black.

Violet likes to wear baggy hoodies (usually navy blue) that clash with her knee length black lace skirt. She also wears knee-high black and white striped socks. Sneakers are her shoe of choice; her sneakers used to be white but now have every color you can think of due to them being drawn on with colored markers. The drawings and markings on her shoes appear sloppy and rushed as if someone else had been drawing on the shoes while Violet tried to stop them from doing so. Violet has a purplish scar on the top of her left hand, possibly from getting a deep gash there.

Personality: Violet has a carefree and cheerful disposition. One can be certain that she will always be seen with a huge goofy grin on her face, reflecting the confidence she has in making friends. Violet is a great listener and will listen to her friends rant for hours on end. She likes to discover new things and can get distracted by the smallest oddity she finds. Despite Violet's regular behavior implying that she's a complete clown, she knows when it's time to be serious and will act accordingly.

Violet doesn't get mad too incredibly easily, but it is not very hard, either, to piss her off. In the case that she gains a strong dislike for someone (which is rare), they most likely will never know because Violet hates direct confrontation. She prefers to stay in the sidelines while her Pokémon do all the fighting.

Another one of Violet's "harmless quirks" is that she is a huge liar. If she is tempted by something she wants, she will take the easy way to get it: by lying. She doesn't think it is a bad thing, not at all. She views it as "speaking up for the other personalities within". If she lies and says she really likes that new shirt you're wearing, that's her "sweet persona". If she lies and says she really did do her math homework, she's playing as the goody-two-shoes. Although she's been caught a couple of times, she continues with the acting game because it entertains her immensely.

Since she has been lying for so long, it's hard to tell whether she is lying or being truthful. Heck, sometimes Violet even fools herself and starts to believe her own lies. She sometimes even lies when it isn't necessary because she's so used to it. "What color is the sky?" "It's green of course, can't you see?"

Violet enjoys anything to do with violence. She loves watching Pokémon battles because of how intense they can become and so her favorite part of having Pokémon is battling. Even though she is violent, it is hardly likely you will ever see her directly confronting anyone. Either she is getting her Pokémon to do some beatings, or she is screwing you over with her countless lies. Remember, this is only if she doesn't like you. She doesn't dislike many people. One thing for certain is that everything she says and does is hidden behind a warm, inviting smile. Is it a genuine smile? Who knows.

History: Violet was born sixteen years ago in Mossdeep City in the Hoenn region. She lived in a large two story house with her mother, father, and cousin, Sammy, whose mother had died when he was born. Violet's parents weren't very fond of Pokémon, but she loved watching people battle. She would frequently visit Tate and Liza's gym since they battled at least four trainers on a daily basis. Violet was immensely close to Sammy and they both saw each other as siblings. They explored the island and did everything together.

If there wasn't a battle going on at the gym, Violet and Sammy would go to the Space Center to watch the shuttles that were launched. When they both turned ten, they were given Pokémon as gifts from Violet's parents. They still didn't like Pokémon, but they supported the children's desires to be trainers. Violet received a Carvanha and Sammy received a Skitty, which Violet loved to tease him for because he flipped out at getting a "girly" Pokémon. In response, Sammy decided to redecorate Violet's perfectly white sneakers.

They both traveled through Hoenn, taking on gyms and catching more Pokémon. By the time they both turned twelve and made it back home to Mossdeep, they were ready to take on Tate and Liza. Sammy was able to defeat them on his first attempt, but it took Violet three tries in total to defeat them. This hit her hard and she became even more obsessed with battling and training.

One day, Sammy's dad suddenly stepped forward and claimed to want to take custody of him. He succeeded and took Sammy to live with him in the Unova region. Violet was devastated by this but Sammy assured her they would stay in contact. They never spoke again after that. Violet got over Sammy's move in a few month's time, but she was constantly bored and had nothing to do. All she could do was pick up her Pokémon's training again.

Her parents enrolled her into a school that teaches more about strategies, weaknesses, attack power, etc. Violet enjoyed attending school and was mostly on good terms with her peers. She was also very good friends with some of the teachers. Violet was teased a bit because of her eyes being different colors, but Violet mostly brushed it off and didn't care. However, one other girl at school took it a bit too far and threatened to poke Violet's eyes out. Violet ignored those threats as well until the day the girl pretended to go for her eyes with a fork during lunch. Violet knew the girl was joking but she finally got fed up and made her Sharpedo bite the girl's arm, but not hard enough to its full potential.

Obviously, the girl ran to a teacher screaming in pain until 911 was called and she was taken to the emergency room. Violet became very fearful about what she had done, as she was usually happy and didn't let anything get to her. She decided she would lie to get out of this. Her reputation couldn't be damaged, not now. Violet told her teacher that the girl had nearly ripped her eye out and Violet was merely acting in self defense. She got suspended for a few weeks but then returned.

Violet never did anything violent again, but she learned that lying was a great way to get out of things. She took to lying often to the point where she enjoyed it. Four years passed, during which Violet lied her way out of and into almost everything. When Violet received the letter from the Hidden Power Institutes, she was thrilled and immediately agreed to help them with their experiment. She had always liked exploring so she was excited to finally know what the Kanto region was like, since there was lots of hype about it.

Pokémon:

Name: Italy

Species: Sharpedo

General Description: Italy has a hot temper and can get extremely violent during battles. He bullies Violet's other Pokémon but never hurts them as he knows they are a team and must behave as such. Italy seems to have a rivalry going with Sly. He doesn't have any special features that would make him different than other Sharpedo. He was Violet's first Pokémon, given to her by her parents as a Carvanha.

--

Name: Sly

Species: Seviper

General Description: Sly is just that - sly. He is elusive and sneaky and uses sneaky tactics when fighting against another Pokémon. Many people and Pokémon find him very creepy. He doesn't communicate much and keeps to himself, his full personality only coming out when he's with Violet. He has a strong dislike towards Italy. Sly has huge fangs that seem bigger than most other Seviper. Sly likes to show his affection for Violet by wrapping his body around her, which will often alarm someone who doesn't know he's only being affectionate.

--

Name: Excision

Species: Sealeo

General Description: Excision is a sweet Pokémon and prefers to play games than fight in battles. She will battle when she needs to, but she doesn't like it very much. She will follow Violet's directions as precisely as possible because she is eager to please her. Excision gets along with both Italy and Sly and is always the one to try and settle them down when they have a fight. Excision's belly is a very faint pink instead of beige.

--

Name: Rag Doll

Species: Banette

General Description: Rag Doll is a very calm Pokémon and always has his smile plastered on his face, much like Violet. Sammy himself used to tease Violet, saying that she and the Banette must have been soul mates. Rag Doll is almost completely opposite in battles, moving around quickly and hyperactively. He loves to eat berries and will sometimes steal some from Violet's bag when she isn't looking. This will usually result in him being punished by Italy if he happens to see.

--

Name: Rosco

Species: Trapinch

General Description: Rosco has an extreme dislike for people and will not let anyone get near Violet or her other Pokémon. Whenever Violet is in a bad mood and happens to not want to talk to anyone, all she has to do is carry Rosco in her arms and most likely, no one will get any closer. If you're close enough for Rosco to reach you, he will snap at you. Violet has to be careful about when Rosco is out of his pokéball.

--

Name: Aramis

Species: Pidgey

Legendary Origin: Latios

General Description: Instead of having his top feathers dark brown like a regular Pidgey, Aramis has blue feathers. The feathers that would normally be yellow/beige are a light gray. He has blood red eyes and a red triangle on his chest. Aramis is deathly afraid of being alone, but Violet has no idea why...

Last edited:

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    This is actually a really nice idea. I guess it's time to remove my RP from my sig...

Reserve me a spot too, please.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
    Years
  • I really like the sound of this. Reserve me please. i'll try to have my SU up by next week.

Name: Alex "Ally" Michaelson

Appearance: Ally is a little short for his age. He is very skinny, and has pale, soft skin. He has lean muscle, almost like a gymnast, and is incredibly fit, though he simply looks skinny. His hair is a dark green, nearly black color, but only when he remembers to dye it. Otherwise it's simply black. It is long, going about half way down his back, and straight, and he generally keeps it in a ponytail. He brushes and washes it a lot, so it has a silky look, and is nearly shiny. He has soft, rounded features, making him like so much like a girl, and his almond shaped eyes are a deep bottle green. His expression is a soft, shy smile, and he is generally looking down at the ground. Many people confuse him for a girl, and he has stopped trying to fight that now.

As for clothing, you can generally find him wearing a pair of tight jeans and a T-shirt. The jeans are generally a pale blue, and cling to his hips, and the shirt is usually a dark brown color with various logos of cute pokemon on the back or chest, such as Minccino or Cleffa. He wears a pai of black flats, which further adds to his soft, girlish appearance. He can occasionally be found in a dress, usually a dark green, especially when attending some formal party of some kind.

Personality: Ally... Is very shy and subdued. He is generally in the background, and usually silent around people. He doesn't speak often, but when he does, it's never something useless or stupid. He is a brilliant chilkd, and he tends to notice a great many things. He isn't very brave, nor is he outgoing, so don't expect him to say a word to you unless you approach him. Due to all the teasing from his family and other students, the confused boy now actually believes he is a girl, and generally acts like it. He will even refer to himself as she when asked.

Around pokemon he lights up. He simply adores the creatures, and would do anything to try and protect them, being the only people he's found that don't judge him. He is a skilled battler, and even better coordinator, though he doesn't have any self confidence and won't pursue euther goal. He wants to be the best he can for his pokemon, and is trying his best to not be afraid, which is why he took this up.

History: Ally was born in the large region of Sinnoh. Coming from Veilstone City, he grew up with metoers and legends of pokemon. Unfortunately, he also grew up being called a girl by the kids his age, and teased by his older brothers for it. This had a dramatic effect on the boy, and he began to believe the words, and soon acted the part by dressing and calling himself a girl at around the age of seven. He was miserable, and he simply wanted to escape, so he traveled to Canalave City and tried to take the boat to Kanto, only to find that he needed a pokemon. With a heavy heart, he traveled to Iron Island and got a Riolu from Riley, who taught him a great deal about training and battling. He was ready. With that in mind, he traveled to Hoenn, and tried to take the gym challenge. The publicity and hype unnerved him, and by the time he had five badges he was ready to quit. He wandered around Hoenn for the next year, ending up in Slateport and hearing about the lab, he decided to travel to Kanto and try that, having a pretty good team thus far, and wanting to try his luck with this pokemon league.

Pokemon: You may have up to five Pokemon with you, the sixth being the one you receive from Hidden Power Institutes. Fill out the following sheet for each one.

-Name: Jenia

-Species: Luxray

-General Description: Jenia is a normal looking Luxray, except that she wears a long yellow scarf. She is incredibly powerful, and very protective of her trainer, but she doesn't seem to care about him acting like a girl. She thinks humans are weird anyways. She was born outside of Sandgem Town, where she was caught by him, and has been with him ever since.

-Name: Saple

-Species: Garchomp

-General Description: The only other Sinnoh pokemon to follow him out of the region, Saple is another tough one. He has scars all over his bpdy from fighting, and has a taciturn look on his face. He cares deeply for his trainer, but would rather fight everyone else. He was given to Ally as an egg, so he is fiercely loyal to his "parent"

-Name: Feli

-Species: Persian

-General Description: Feli is a young persian, and she is filled with wonderlust about the world. Originally from Kanto, she was traded to Ally by a friend when he went to Hoenn, so she doesn't always listen. She is naive and curious about everything, and when she gets into trouble, her speed and claws get her out of it, though she's not really that tough, around the middle.

-Name: Madison

-Species: Milotic

-General Description: Madison is a beautiful pokemon, who would rather lay in the sun and annoy her friends than fight, as such she is a little weaker than most of the team, but she can still handle herself in a battle if she needs to. As a whole, she is better suited for contests than battles.

-Name: Shana

-Species: Eevee

-General Description: Shana is a young eevee, just hatched recently. She is shy and only wants to stay near her trainer, mostly in his arms. She wears a red bow on her neck, and sometimes has glitter in her fur, making her sparkle. Ally spoils her a lot, and she has never once battled, so she's likely going to be very weak.

Legendary-Ordinary Pokemon: This is the one Pokemon you receive from Hidden Power Institutes.

-Name: You may give this Pokemon a nickname, or you can save this part until your character receives the Pokemon at the beginning of the game.

-Species: Vulpix

-Legendary Origin: Mew

-General Description: This vulpix has bright pink fur, like an espeon or mew's, with darker pink tails and paws. Her eyes are the same color as Mew's, and she is very tough, albeit n pot as tough as man of the other legendaries.

Last edited:

Seventh Sea

Plesiosaur Fanatic
    Years
  • Well, Looks like I've got a lot of people interested! Excellent...

Ahem. Anywho, all of you are reserved and I eagerly await your sign up.

Have a nice day~!

PikaPal

Ghost Type Master
    Years
  • Sounds like a great story! Heres my SU. I hope its ok that Ive changed Lavendar town around a bit, its part of my character's history ^^ If not I can fix it, just let me know. Sorry if its so long.

Name: Nichole Thana (Greek for "death")

Appearance: Nichole wears a tight purple tank top and black jeans, and knee high boots with a high heel. Long silky golden hair cascades down to the small of her back, though at times during strict training she will wear it in a ponytail. Her eyes are sky blue, but in times of intense anger they do turn to a purple color. Her skin is a pale ivory, and she is rather short for her age (though her boots add a couple inches), though being very well developed makes her age easier to believe.

Personality: At first, one would think Nichole would be a dark and mysterious person, being so deep into her ghost type pokemon. However, she is actually a relatively friendly person. She isnt shy at all, and is always the first to lend a helping hand when needed. She is a pretty trusting person, and she tries to see the positive sides in every situation. Though she is usually referred to as a "buxom beauty," she does not see herself as prettier then anyone else, making her very humble and down-to-earth.

History: Nichole's history is as dark as the types of pokemon she trains. She grew up in the town of Lavendar in the Kanto Region. Her parents were both pokemon researchers, but were killed in a "random" accident when they were researching Steelix and Onix in Rock Tunnel. So Nichole was placed to live with her grandfather, a grouchy old man who thought pokemon were only meant to serve humans, and that girls were not meant to be trainers.

Nichole was so miserable, and, being only 6, one night she ran away, making a run towards the woods nearby. She got lost in the forest, and the small lantern she took with her burnt out when a strong gust of wind blew through. Covered in darkness, Nichole cried and cried, terrified of the dark. But a strange light suddenly appeared. It stayed with her, covering her in its strange purple light. It was a Chandelure, and its bright light comforted Nichole, even though it was a ghost. From that day on, Nichole devoted her life to studying the way ghost pokemon behaved, and ghost type moves.

After realizing that his grandaughter was a very skilled young woman, her grandfather gave her her first pokemon. To her surprise, it was a vulpix. Nichole was disappointed at first. She wanted a ghost type so badly! But she bonded quickly with the pokemon, and discovered that she could teach her some ghost type moves. Alongside Vulpix, Nichole caught and trained other pokemon, both ghost type and not, and grew as a trainer. She traveled all over Kanto, battling a few gym leaders, but she didnt compete in the pokemon league. She accompanied a few trainers to watch it, but her only reason in going was to speak with one of the elite four, Agatha.

After she came back to Lavendar, the town became overrun by the Radio Tower. Furious, Nichole spoke with the town elder, Mr Fuji, and learned about a strange occurance. Everyone in the town was becoming crazy and depressed and night, and no one knew why. In attempts to cover it all up, everyone tried to forget it and focus on making the town of Lavendar grow and be a more happy place to visit. But Nichole figured out the truth. A group of Shuppet were sucking away everyones emotions. They were angry for being run out of town by the Radio Tower. After solving the problem the radio tower was shut down, and the Shuppet returned to their home in the tower.

Nichole was petitioning the Kanto Pokemon League to allow her to set up a gym in Lavendar when she received her letter from Hidden Power. Though she was defiently ready to become a gym leader, she was curious and a little excited to have one last adventure before settling down.

(Nichole is also well known for her strange battle technique, but that will be revealed in the story :) Cant give away every detail! lol)

Pokemon:

Ninetails

-Species: Ninetails

-General Description: The evolved Vulpix Nichole was given by her grandfather (stated in History). This was Nichole's first pokemon, and Nichole is very deeply connected to her. She was the pokemon Nichole learned how to teach ghost type moves with, and has been by her side for 7 years. Ninetails is a very smart and loyal pokemon, and her personality mirrors her trainers in almost every way. She is a powerful pokemon, but her strongest moves are not her fire type ones.

Driffloo

Species: Drifloon

General Description: Drifloon was the second pokemon Nichole caught. She found him wandering outside Lavendar town, and his impish nature instantly caught her attention. Though he is matured now, he hasnt evolved into Drifblim, simply because he loves his current form. He's pretty strong for a basic pokemon, and knows mostly ghost type moves.

Shuppet

Species
    : Shuppet

General Description: Shuppet was caught the same day of the Radio Tower incident described in History. He was the strongest of the group, and chose to stay with Nichole because of her strong will and knowledge of ghost types. He is pretty strong for a basic level, but he has a long way to go.

Chandle

Species: Chandelure

General Description
    : After her encounter as a young girl, it was Nichole's vow that she'd find the Chandelure who saved her. She searched and searched near Lavendar town, and finally found her one day, injured. After nursing her back to health, Chandelure stayed by Nichole's side ever since. Chandle is relatively powerful, using both fire and ghost moves, but isnt near as strong as she could be.

Zoro

Species
    : Zoroark

General Description: Nichole encountered Zoro when she was in a dark part of Saffron City. She was fooled by his appearance, because at first glance he was a tall man with long red hair. Nichole was captured by his looks, then quickly realized she never feels that way because of sheer appearance. After a battle between her and the Zoroark, he joined her team. Hes pretty powerful, using a mix of dark and some ghost moves, but is the newest pokemon to join the team. He's very stubborn, so he and Nichole sometimes butt heads.

Legendary-Ordinary Pokemon:

-Name: Flash

-Species: Ponyta

-Legendary Origin: Darkrai

-General Description: A black Ponyta with a white mane and tail. Nichole decided to call her Flash because when she was given him, he leapt out of the pokeball and took off around her, in a flash of white light. His eyes are sky blue, like darkrai.

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • Name: Rayne A. Bishop

Appearance: Rayne Bishop stands at a height of five feet and ten inches, about five inches or so above the average, and she prefers it this way. Rayne likes to stand out amongst others and does not like to be considered in the normalcy of everything. Despite her appearance betraying her in some ways, where she look normal like everyone else, she likes to stand out with her personality and Pokemon. Rayne has forest green eyes, seemingly a dull shade, however, around her pupils is a shade of pale yellow but not bright enough to stand out against the green. Her skin is incredibly pale where she could begin to burn within minutes in the sun, and her hair is a deep brown (whereas she considers it black). She hardly wears makeup to appear 'fake' and her clothing consists of tank tops, shades of red, blue, purple, or black, deep blue denim pants and shorts, and if she is feeling chilly she throws on a plain white t-shirt with a leather jacket. She sometimes switches those clothes around with graphic Tees or sweatshirts.

She's got a few tattoos - on her left wrist is the chinese symbol for fire, her right wrist is the chinese symbol for water, on her left ankle is the chinese symbol for air, and on her right ankle is the chinese symbol for earth. She also has a tattoo of a raven (similar to this) tattooed along her shoulder blades.

Personality: Rayne has always strived to be considered 'different', so she decided not to do many things other people would do; and one of those things was challenging gyms or coordinating. She decided that she wouldn't do that, but instead she would travel the regions documenting, researching, and overall challenging herself with going every place she could go. She's very driven with what she does, and she met her first Pokemon because she was extremely driven. Her first Pokemon shares a strong bond because of Rayne's willingness to be 'different', and it has helped her achieve the challenges Rayne set out to complete.

Rayne does battle Pokemon and other trainers because she knows it will help her become stronger. She has acquired her other Pokemon through her travels. Despite seeing all the great trainers getting gym badges, Rayne doesn't know if she'll want to do that any time soon, or maybe she could with her Pokemon just for the fun in it. After all, she and her Pokemon share a bond because of their travels, her documentations, and everything she has done to challenge herself through all the regions.

History: Rayne was born and raised in Viridian City in the region of Kanto. For the first ten years of her life, she thought maybe she could go to Professor Oak's and be awarded one of the starter Pokemon of that region. But when the time came, she decided against it. She wanted to be different. The years passed, and her parents helped to teach her about Kanto. Rayne continued her studies in school before she reached sixteen and decided to begin her journey. She started in Sinnoh, near Snowpoint city, where her aunt was living.

She spent about a week out in the icy forests near Snowpoint, and during her time when she was doing documentation she came across a Sneasel, who would become her first Pokemon. And so after that week, she officially caught the Sneasel and they became great partners as Rayne continued to travel through Sinnoh to document landscapes, Pokemon, towns, and almost anything she came across. After seven long weeks passed, Rayne and her Sneasel left Sinnoh to travel for Unova. They arrived in Striaton City and started to travel. Two weeks later, Sneasel evolved into Weavile and Rayne also caught Roggenrola. About seven months passed before Rayne and her team left the Unova region, now changed with Weavile, Gigalith, and Mienshao. Their next destination was Hoenn.

During Rayne's travels there, she didn't catch any new Pokemon but she did receive an egg from her parents in congratulations to her accomplishments. Several weeks later, it hatched into a Deino. About six months passed before Rayne decided to head to Johto. On the way there, on a ship, Deino fell into the sea on accident while playing. Before it could drown, it evolved, helping its chances to remain afloat before it was lifted out of the water by one of the sailor's water Pokemon. Zweilous has an intense fear of water now.

In Johto, they traveled for about two months before Rayne met a Scyther and added it to her team. For the next four months they continued to travel through Johto. Zweilous was still petrified of water and only accepted water bowls from Rayne, no one else. He's still one of her only Pokemon that acts like a child, but she likes it. It's a good balance with the rest of her serious Pokemon.

At about the year and a half mark since she left home, she returned to her home region and began to travel through there, documenting whatever she found. When she returned home to Viridian City, one of her old classmates, who had since, acquired a team of very strong Pokemon, challenged her to a match. It was a difficult battle, and during it, Rayne's Scyther evolved into her Scizor. She eventually won the match with her team, and after that, decided to stay at home for a little bit. Only about a month or two passed before Rayne decided to travel again, and this time she decided she could challenge gyms and document them in her studies, but she has not yet challenged any, and her future is still not painted out for her.

But that's when she gets the letter from Hidden Power…

Pokemon - Includes

-Name: Weavile (no nickname)

-Species: Weavile

-General Description: Weavile was the first Pokemon Rayne met, however she met her as a Sneasel while traveling through the icy forests to Snowpoint City in the Sinnoh region. This Weavile witnessed her willingness to travel onwards, just for the sake of documentation. Before she became her first Pokemon she even observed Rayne spending nights in the freezing forest. When the time came, Weavile helped Rayne through a few difficult tasks while still in the forest before Rayne bought a Pokeball and called that Sneasel as her own. A few weeks later, after traveling to Unova, her Sneasel evolved into a Weavile. Over the course of their friendship, Weavile helped Rayne achieve many of the great things she set out to accomplish, and even helped Rayne get documentation she wasn't able to get before. She's glad to be known as Rayne's first Pokemon.

---

-Name: Gigalith (no nickname)

-Species: Gigalith

-General Description: Gigalith was Rayne's first Pokemon caught after her Weavile joined her team. It was caught as a Roggenrola in Wellspring Cave and evolved as they traveled throughout the Unova region, first as Boldure in Castelia City, and then into Gigalith once they reached Nimbasa City. Gigalith is used as Rayne's brute enforcer, helping with the difficult task if something heavy and bulked blocks their way. He also helps when Rayne wants to travel up mountains. It isn't much of a battler, but will do it if it needs to.

---

-Name: Mienshao (no nickname)

-Species: Mienshao

-General Description: Met after Rayne entered Opelucid City in Unova, Mienshao became a pivotal part of Rayne's offensive team against most people who challenge her to battles. Despite her reputation of not battling, many people believe Rayne is weak, but that isn't the case. She trains her Pokemon just as much as anyone else, maybe even more because of all their traveling within a small amount of time. Mienshao was no exception. She is one of Rayne's strongest offensive battlers, besides Rayne's Weavile. Before Scizor joined the team Mienshao was the Pokemon that stayed up at night to protect Rayne from any thieves or wild Pokemon, because most nights they spent sleeping in the wilderness.

---

-Name: Zweilous (no nickname)

-Species: Zweilous

-General Description: Zweilous joined the team as an egg, given to Rayne as a gift from her parents while she traveled through Hoenn. It hatched into a Deino and since evolved into a Zweilous. This is probably the only Pokemon out of Rayne's that doesn't take much seriously. In Rayne's eyes and in the eyes of her other Pokemon, Zweilous is still seen as a child and thus is protected. It only evolved to try to save itself from drowning in the sea, but it still acts the most child-like out of Rayne's five Pokemon. Zweilous has an intense fear of water, and will not drink from water bowls unless Rayne offers it.

---

-Name: Scizor (no nickname)

-Species: Scizor

-General Description: Acquired in Johto, Scizor was caught as a Scyther and evolved when Rayne and the team traveled back home in Kanto. It evolved (with the help of Metal Coat) when Rayne was challenged by one of her former classmates. He is very loyal to Rayne and does not like letting his trainer down. He believes Rayne to always be his true trainer and listens to her every command. He even stays up at night to protect Rayne while she sleeps, and only stops when he knows her other Pokemon are awake to help protect her.

---

Legendary-Ordinary Pokemon - below

-Name: Charmander (no nickname)

-Species: Charmander

-Legendary Origin: Zekrom

-General Description: It doesn't remember much before when it was Zekrom, and now just believes itself to be a 'normal' Charmander with just extra abilities and different coloring. This Charmander is completely black with no markings. The eyes are a brilliant blue, and the tail, instead of flame colored red, orange, and yellow, the tail is electric blue and white.

Last edited:

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    Such a good concept should not die before it's started. Here's my WIP signup, but judging by all the others I'll have to flesh out just about everything. Also write up the pokemon.

Name:
    Lucas Harding

Appearance: Lucas is tall (around 180cm) and slender. His unshaven face is framed by long, messy and unkempt hair, its dark brown almost an exact match for his eyes. His nose is pointed, and his features sharp.

He is usually seen wearing a plain green shirt and jeans. He is absolutely, completely intolerant of cold, and for this reason is always wearing a jacket or two. His current choice is a blue hoodie. Though it may seem redundant when he has a hood, he also seems to have an affinity for the grey fedora often found atop his head.

Personality: Lucas is an unusual person. He is often quiet when he first meets people not out of shyness, rather preferring to stay quiet until they prove themselves worthy of his attention. He is, as that implies, somewhat of the opinion that he is above others, and unsurprisingly this often gets him in trouble. He prefers to stay out of the limelight, and has almost completely perfected the art of blending into crowds and remaining almost completely inconspicuous. That's not to say he isn't chatty, though. If he finds someone who he thinks is worth talking to, though, he will. Not. Shut up. He cares deeply about his few friends, both human and pokémon.

Although he may not seem the part, he is also highly competitive in his own way, and will do anything he deems reasonable to secure a win. Though still reserved in combat, he is not above a little banter if it seems appropriate.

History: Lucas was raised in Olivine City. Surrounded by sailing folk for most of his life, he was isolated by the fact that he honestly and truly hated boats – and when you live in a town whose most known features are the lighthouse and port, that's a problem.

Fascinated by the wonders of technology from a young age, he always found himself frustrated when it was difficult to keep up to date with the goings-on in the world.

Frustrated by his uselessness around the docks, his parents gladly sent him away when he decided he wanted to go on a journey with his pokémon. Soon after making his request, he travelled to New Bark Town, and received his starter, a Chikorita.

He worked his way through towns and cities, assembling a strong band of fighters, and defeating gym leaders…

Two, that is.

As hard as he tried, he could not beat Goldenrod City's Whitney. He fought valiantly time and time again, enough so that the Gym staff could basically set their clocks by him. Becoming more and more discouraged, he eventually decided to turn back and head for home.

When he made it back, though, he found a letter from one 'Hidden Power Industries'. Intrigued, he decided a visit to Kanto was just what he needed. For now, he's staying at Celadon Condominiums, eagerly awaiting the date he receives his new teammate.

Pokemon:

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • Name: Joshua Francis Wick.

Appearance: Joshua is a relatively tall male, standing at roughly 5'10". He is slender, yet slightly toned. He has purple hair (styled similarly to this;
    Spoiler:
    . His eyes are a bright green colour. His lips are thin and his jaw is squared off. He wears a grey print jumper with an image of Castelia city emblazed on it. He also wears a pair of golden coloured chinos tucked into a pair of white high-top converse. He usually has a purple backpack with him at all times, where he keeps all his items as well as his Pokéballs. In colder conditions, Joshua is often seen wearing a black hat and scarf.

Personality: Joshua is an outgoing character, and heavily relies on social activities to help him get through his adventures. He holds his friends dearly, and each of them have influenced him throughout his journey. He seems to have a fascination with Dragon type Pokémon, and he states that Lance was was his idol while growing up, therefore the reason for this. He is a rather stubborn character, and once he sets his mind to do something, it is incredibly difficult to persuade him out of it.

History: Joshua was born into an upper middle class family in the Kanto region. His family lived in Fuschia city. One of his uncle's owned the local Safari Zone so Joshua had free access to the area. While here, Joshua showed a great talent for catching Pokémon and he had many Pokémon before he started his adventure. One day he was fishing in the Safari Zone and too his surprise he encountered a baby Dratini. Joshua then captured the Dragon Pokémon after he befriended it by offering it some home made Poffins. Soon after, Joshua began his Pokémon journey starting off with just his newly obtained Dratini. He made his way to Pallet town, where he obtained a Pokédex and a Charmander from Professor Oak. Joshua made many rivals on his adventure and also many friends. He also obtained a few fans, many of whom are residents of Lavender town after he and one of his rival, Liam fended off Team Rocket from Pokémon Tower. Joshua participated in the Pokémon League Tournament at the Indigo Plateau gaining a respectable top 8 finish.

Pokemon:

Kylie // Dragonite
    Kylie was the Pokémon Joshua decided to start his adventure with. She was caught in the Safari Zone in Fuschia city. Together they've gone through highs and lows. She is usually seen with a pink scarf wrapped around her neck. She is calm, yet passionate and also loyal to Joshua.

Christopher // Charizard
    Christopher was the Charmander that Joshua received from Professor Oak. Together they've taken down many a foe, notably in the Gym battles against Ericka, Koga, Sabrina and Blue. Christopher is a rash character who is controlled by his emotions.

Leona // Gyarados
    Leona was captured by Joshua when it was let loose in Cerulean city by Team Rocket. It was in a wild rampage that the Rocket grunts had inflicted on it. Along with his Dragonair and Charmeleon, as well as his rival Landon and his Tropius, Joshua defended the city from the raging dragon. Joshua eventually captured the water type, and despite being enraged at the beginning, Leona has begun to show her inner self to Joshua.

-Name/Species: Flare // Larvitar

-Legendary Origin: Groudon.

-General Description: Flare the Larvitar's exterior is a ruby red colour. The diamond shape on its torso is a black colour. It's eyes are a very bright, almost scary yellow colour.

Years
  • I am getting done, but I am going to put down what I have done so you don't think I forgot about it.

Finished, though sorry for the wait.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back