• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pregnant Woman Is Measured (Prince, Calvin and Hobbes, FNAF3 Animated) [Daily Bloggity Entry #284]

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
[css-div="background-color: #CC0066 ; border-style: solid; border-color: #000000"]
rv2dxXF.jpg

The Pregnant Woman Is Measured
Date: 25 April 2016
Time: 11:37 AM ET
Mood: I'm so hungry!

No, you did not misread the title. A few weeks ago I ended up going to my girlfriend's Aunt's house for a baby shower for her cousin. She was expecting a baby girl and thus had a whole bunch of family members come over (as obviously expected of a baby shower.) Anyways, this was the very first time I had ever been to a baby shower so I didn't exactly how what to expect, but I can say though that it definitely was something at the end.

Daily Music - "Purple Rain" by Prince
Spoiler:
It had the expected things you would probably see at a baby shower (at least I want to say such.) People brought presents for the mom-to-be (my girlfriend ended up getting her an organic ointment considering she was really into organic presents), everyone complimented the mom-to-be ont eh soon-to-be child, and then...we ended up playing a little baby shower game. one of the family members came out with these long strips of paper and told us that we needed to guess how wide we thought my girlfriend's cousin was. Little to say, I didn't feel 100% comfortable with it as I barely knew the woman, but I played the game nonetheless.

Daily Comic - "Day Dreaming" by Bill Watterson of Calvin and Hobbes
Spoiler:
Each person took there turn measuring the women's waist. Some people's were too short; some people's were too long. Eventually, it came down to my turn. I walked up to her, put my strip around her waist, and lo and behold I ended up getting it right on the money: perfect. Everyone was pretty surprised and happy that I was able to hit the nail on the head with my estimation, but I still felt fairly awkward being almost a family-outsider and ending up as the center of attention in that specific moment.

Daily Video - "FNAF 3 ANIMATED" by animator iHasCupquake
Spoiler:
Nonetheless, I felt very welcomed by her family. They were very nice and hospitable and receptive of me being there which helped me feel more comfortable as the night went on. Overall, I was very happy with how well the baby shower went and I can't wait for my future wife's one down the line. What about you guys? Have you ever been to a baby shower? What was that like? Did you play any games? comment below as I'd love to hear and discuss wtih you what you have to say about this topic!

‡ As always, the "Daily Bloggity" is self written by myself and includes just some of my opinions on different mediums. If you have a subject that you might want me to touch on, feel free to PM me or comment below! I would love to hear some of your ideas! And remember, rate each entry so I can know what you guys like and what to improve on! Tune in tomorrow at 5PM Eastern Time for the next edition of the "Daily Bloggity!" Cheers! ‡

- El Héroe Oscuro

Spoiler:

[/css-div]

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
gimmepie;bt104919 said:
I've never been to one and honestly the entire concept of them confuses me. Glad you had fun though!
You're not the only one confused, bud. Baby showers are weird haha.

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
Did you get a prize or a trophy for your win? xD

I've never been to a baby shower. In the UK we tend to make less of a fuss until the sprog arrives. Then we shower them and the new parents with cheer and gifts.

Back