• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The process of evolution

Nedrag Terces12

Lord of Latias
    Years
    This may be kind of dumb to ask, but like, what makes a pokemon evolve? how does it evolve? why does it? I mean like, all i see is a glow of white light, then the pokemon becomes bigger and stronger and has new abilities. It's like metamorphosis or something like that. So what do you guys think?

Years
    I think it depends.
    Overall, I think a Pokémon will evolve when the Pokémon is expeirenced enough, and it feels like it's ready to evolve. Then, its form changes. Perhaps its a DNA change?

Sometimes, a situation makes it evolve. For instance, there was that an anime episode with the Aerodactyl, and Charmeleon evolved so it could chase Aerodactyl. ^^;

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Meh, I say Pokemon evolve 'cause they grow. Well, its something like the Everstone makes the Pokemon stop growing bodily, while the mind and maturity grows through levels.

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    Pokemon, much like humans, grow and get stronger as they get older. So when they battle and gain more power and learn new things, they "evolve" to the next level and change their form to suit their newfound abilities and strengths. While us humans don't necessarily change our form so drastically, over the vast years of our lives, we do get stronger and smarter and grow just as Pokemon do. :33

~Kelsey

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
    Years
    I see pokemon's evolution as a life cycle. They just change into different forms as they grow older. The evolution of Caterpie/Weedle/Wurmple is what I base my theory off of.

viridian doubletongue

the world's greatest thief
    Years
    Yeah I think that they grow until they are almost at the next stage & then grow into it like going though puberty. Like when bulbasaur bacomes Ivysaur that is the stage where the bulb on his back sprouts. The only difference is that it happens spontaneously.

Bluestar Jet

Aqua Destruction...
    Years
    I think that both the games and anime are both wrong. I think that the pokemon evolves because as it battles its DNA changes. But so liitle, its unnoticable. Then, after tons of change on the inside, the pokemon suddenly gets all the change on the inside on the outside, in a glow of white light.

Back