• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Professor

pkmin3033

So, every game we get a new Professor, and every time they've got a tree for surname. So, what are you bets on the Prof. for this game? Male, or female? What type of tree do you think they'll have for a surname? Will they have a role in the story, or be a quick "here's your Pokemon, now be on your way" sort of thing?

I'm betting we'll get a female Professor again this time; we've had more male than female professors and I think we're due another one, for a change. As for her name...I'm hoping for Acacia; it rolls off the tongue and sounds very refined...for some reason. Although if we're going to Hawaii or a more tropical climate as some speculate, I'd put my money on Palm.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Proffesor Palm... It doesn't sound right.
    Proffesor grove? Orchid?
    I think I like orchid.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Proffesor Palm... It doesn't sound right.
    Proffesor grove? Orchid?
    I think I like orchid.

Years
  • Another female professor would be pretty nice. Bonus points if they're really tanned (this is a tropical region, after all).

As for a name, maybe Hibiscus? It is the state flower of Hawai'i, which, at least to me, seems likely to be the basis for the new region.

I've always liked Kudzu as a professor name, too. I don't really know why.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Here's a list:
    Professor Laurel
    Professor Magnolia
    Professor Mimosa
    Professor Olive
    Professor Cassia
    Professor Hazel
    Professor Maple
    Professor Willow
    Professor Teak
    Professor Mahogany
    Professor Eucalyptus
    Professor Palm
    Professor Tamara ( another name for Palm )
    Professor Pine
    Professor Storax
    Professor Cinnamon
    Professor Holly

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm hoping we get another female professor, it feels kinda unbalanced since we've had 5 male professors and only 1 female. Professor Hibiscus has a nice sound to it, seems fitting for a female professor too.

Years
  • I want another female professor, because I do feel for how lonely Juniper is being a female in what appears to be a male-dominated field. Marino's list of name ideas are definitely ones I could picture on a professor for the supposed tropical feel of the new region.

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
  • I want a main female professor (only because I never played Black/White so I didn't experience Juniper who I heard was a great character), but I'd love to have a second professor who's part of the story, maybe as part of an ongoing sidequest.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Maybe the professor can be the PC's grandmother. The professor has been related to the rival twice (in RGBYFrLg as Gramps and RSEOrAs as dad), so it'll be nice if the PC could have one as a relative for once. Or maybe if it's the rival again she can be the big sister (Blue, and Wally, Hugh, and May/Brandon (Emerald only as far as I know) are the only rivals with siblings).

Zet

Years
  • Another female professor would be nice. Old or young, I won't complain... just as long as she's at least as awesome as Professor Sycamore.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I could see a female professor named Professor Willow that plays a recurring part in the first half of the game.

Years
  • I could see a female professor named Professor Willow that plays a recurring part in the first half of the game.

You know, around the time when Professor Juniper's English still wasn't revealed I actually had Willow in mind for one of her possible names. It'd be cool if that ended up becoming the name of this generation's new professor.

Years
  • Not sure what the name could be, but I really would like to see another female professor. I would also like to battle them also.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • Professor Harvey. He mixes up you and your Rival's name each encounter you have with Prof Harvey.
    Spoiler:

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • I also agree that I think the next professor should be a female, it just makes sense and with Juniper feeling like she was introduced so long ago, I think it is time for another female professor to guide our young hero.

As for names, I'm not very good at these but I really like Willow as well, as a couple others said before me. Just seems to work so well.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • I want a female professor. It would be good. A professor couple would be a great twist.
    Her name? I hope it will be creative.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I'm hoping for a female professor myself that is more in tied with the story. She may be the player's mom or a gym leader. I just want someone that is something more than the professor at the beginning. Professor Sycamore was almost good as you actually battle him twice during the story but I need someone with more depth.

As names go, Cedar or Maple are good female-sounding names.

Years
  • Not sure what the name could be, but I really would like to see another female professor. I would also like to battle them also.

I'd like to see a female professor that battles you. I liked that Sycamore actually battled you and I really do hope we get more professors like him in that regard.

Back