• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Protagonists

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
  • Well, their outfit fits really well within the Alola region. I don't see any difference between the protagonists of Sun/Moon.

I think the more important question we should be asking is:

Are they going to have any reaction other than :) during the whole story???
    Omg yes lmao

Years
  • I mean, the female protagonis isn't wearing a corny hat like the one in SM, so bonus points for that!

I also feel that the new female protagonist's hat fits better with Alola as well compared to Moon's red beanie, so there's that!

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Still the smol emotionless little cupcakes I see.

Girl is better. Boy got worse. Like...how?!

Actually it's the boy's hat, remove that and he becomes better than original Sun.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
    Years
  • For me 6 things are easy in new games

1. Protoganists come from Johto
    2. In sorta ways like in Black2/White2 Alola will be expanded
    3. Team Skull or Aether Foundation will come back with another bad idea.
    4. Necrozma formes are going to be that same way like Kyurem Formes <Good work Corless for testing DNA LINKER PIN>
    5. Lillie come back to the Alola after train in Kanto to save region once more.
    6. Ultra Beasts become more evil. Especialy Nihilegos.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    The new protags look waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy better than the regular ones. I like that the boy doesn't look as bland anymore. The shirt is way better and I like the shorts batter overall. I also like the hat he's wearing as I have the same one and I love it.

The girl looks nice too, I like the hair she has and I like the fact that she has a hat that doesn't look like it came from Glove World....smh. They looker newer and way better to be honest. Hopefully they have facial expressions this time.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • For me 6 things are easy in new games

1. Protoganists come from Johto
    2. In sorta ways like in Black2/White2 Alola will be expanded
    3. Team Skull or Aether Foundation will come back with another bad idea.
    4. Necrozma formes are going to be that same way like Kyurem Formes <Good work Corless for testing DNA LINKER PIN>
    5. Lillie come back to the Alola after train in Kanto to save region once more.
    6. Ultra Beasts become more evil. Especialy Nihilegos.
    Or maybe Hoenn since the protags from RSEOrAs came from Johto xD. That is, if these are remakes and not just reimagined Sun and Moon.

Years
  • Are we sure these are new protagonists and not just the old ones with different hairstyle and clothes? They also showed the same beginning from Sun and Moon (where the camera spins around and the player character gets dressed)

We don't know yet, but when official artwork gets released we can try and see if they really are brand new characters or not.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Doesn't look much different really.

what if USUM is our story after SM??? like we've done all the trials and became the league champion and is roaming the region to establish the gym leaders? woaaah just kidding of course this ain't going to happen

Years
  • Or maybe Hoenn since the protags from RSEOrAs came from Johto xD. That is, if these are remakes and not just reimagined Sun and Moon.

Knowing me, that's likely not going to be the case. I do hope for new info on the protagonists in something like CoroCoro, but there's often been a habit in that the protagonists barely get any attention until after the game has been released.

pkmin3033

*coughs*

Aaaaaanywho...I'm disappointed that there seems to have been absolutely zero effort put into the mle protagonist AGAIN. But then, since Gen IV they've all been identical clones, so it isn't surprising. I like how he looks like a sailor, though.

I'll be playing as the girl again, but I'll be changing her out of that ghastly top as quickly as humanly possible.

Years
  • Aaaaaanywho...I'm disappointed that there seems to have been absolutely zero effort put into the mle protagonist AGAIN. But then, since Gen IV they've all been identical clones, so it isn't surprising. I like how he looks like a sailor, though.

I can tell you the male protagonist here does bear some resemblance to Nate from B2/W2 in terms of outfit. Hint: shorts worn over leggings.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • To be really honest? I think these new protags are a big big big improvement from the previous SM ones. and no it's totally not because i didn't have high expectations for these ones

Hopefully, we will get to see the official art soon as well.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    The default looks of the player characters aren't really a big deal to me when you can customize them. Gonna look completely different eventually.

Am I gonna have to start with the watermelon bag again though? That bothered me slightly when I started Moon tbh, idk why lol.

Years
  • Am I gonna have to start with the watermelon bag again though? That bothered me slightly when I started Moon tbh, idk why lol.

It appears to be the same shape, but the design on the side could be different. They did make the male's backpack look different compared to the original S/M male protagonist's one.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Are we sure these are new protagonists and not just the old ones with different hairstyle and clothes? They also showed the same beginning from Sun and Moon (where the camera spins around and the player character gets dressed)

That's what I thought; I interpreted these 2 Pokémon Trainers as Elio (Sun) and Selene (Moon) (alternate-story versions of them, at least..) until further notice.. The male character looks bland again (sigh..) and resembles Nate a bit too much.. The female character, yet again, has a nicely-designed outfit and looks so cute! {<3} And her white shorts are hawt..! The girl's hairstyle is also nicely done - it resembles Whitlea's/Hilda's hairstyle while still being unique in its own right and distinctive from all the other female player characters' hairstyles..

Honestly, I didn't pay much attention to the "Pokémon female player characters have better designs than the male ones" idea, but it seems to be getting true with every passing core series Pokémon game.. The last male player character original design that I really liked was Brendan of Hoenn (the original outfits from Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire and Pokémon Emerald, and interpreting the white stuff on his head as hair rather than a knit cap/hat), and the last redesign I really liked was Ethan of Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver.. Damion/Lucas (Pokémon Diamond/Pearl), Blake/Hilbert (Pokémon Black/White), and Nate (Pokémon Black 2/White 2) had decent designs, but Calem (Pokémon X and Y) and Elio (Pokémon Sun/Moon) are getting to be a bit too generic..

I just hope that all of the clothing options (including the original Pokémon Sun/Moon default outfits) are available in Pokémon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon.. And we need more Hawaiian shirts for Alola! {:3}

Last edited:
    Years
  • That's what I thought; I interpreted these 2 Pokémon Trainers as Elio (Sun) and Selene (Moon) (alternate-story versions of them, at least..) until further notice.. The male character looks bland again (sigh..) and resembles Nate a bit too much.. The female character, yet again, has a nicely-designed outfit and looks so cute! {<3} And her white shorts are hawt..! The girl's hairstyle is also nicely done - it resembles Whitlea's/Hilda's hairstyle while still being unique in its own right and distinctive from all the other female player characters' hairstyles..

Honestly, I didn't pay much attention to the "Pokémon female player characters have better designs than the male ones" idea, but it seems to be getting true with every passing core series Pokémon game.. The last male player character original design that I really liked was Brendan of Hoenn (the original outfits from Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire and Pokémon Emerald, and interpreting the white stuff on his head as hair rather than a knit cap/hat), and the last redesign I really liked was Ethan of Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver.. Damion/Lucas (Pokémon Diamond/Pearl), Blake/Hilbert (Pokémon Black/White), and Nate (Pokémon Black 2/White 2) had decent designs, but Calem (Pokémon X and Y) and Elio (Pokémon Sun/Moon) are getting to be a bit too generic..}

I can definitely understand your post. I feel every generation the female protagonist designs get better while the male designs get worse. It's like you wonder what's the real secret behind this.

Back