• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PSP Yes or No

Chaskis Sato

Always Chasing the Night.
Years
  • Do you think the PSP will do good or will it bomb out like other portables since the gameboy?

The PSP looks nice, the only thing is what games will come out for it (hopefully games like THPS2, FF 7 & FF 8, Twisted Metal 2, etc...games that were fun on the Playstation) and will it have the same quality that the Playstation had? What do you think of it?

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    I say it will bomb out.

The Gameboy is simply too great to overcome, it has so many excellent games, I doubt the PSP has a good chance to overcome the Gameboy

fudge01

Uzumaki Naruto!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    yes gameboy is just too good i think it will go down

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • I doubt the PSP will do any good. Many other companies tried the portable system but failed horribly. I'll probably get it anyway though, if it isn't too expensive. It would by neat if FF7 or Digimon World was on it though...

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    If PSP was facing the Gameboy, the PSP will lose.
    If PSP is facing Nintendo DS, I would say the PSP will win.
    So far on the info on the Nintendo DS, I think it will be the next Virtural Boy.

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
  • FlamingTorchic said:
    I don;t know, some people may call me crazy, but I think that the fact that the graphics are 3D will be the downfall of the PSP. Portable systems IMO shouldn't have 3D graphics, that is what I like most about GBA SP, if it had 3D graphics then it would not appeal to me as much.
    You make a good point FT! I haven't ever tried a 3D game on the go, so I wouldn't know exactly.
    The gameboy rocks! If the Gamecube had as strong a lineup as the GBA, than they would be far ahead of the competition! Literally blowing Sony and Microsoft outta the videogame industry!
    The GBA is a wonderful piece of work. It's my favorite system ever!
    I doubt the PSP will pass it. It would be nice to finally see Sony feel disappointment for a change! They've gotten too power hungry!

Pokebuddy

Pokemon Sun/Moon Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    well, sonic battle has 3d bg in battles.. And its preety cool and all.. But playstation on a portable form.. No way man..

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • well I dunno, it all depends on sony's decisions...

The psp's hardware will NOT, I repeat NOT determine whether psp does good or not. It all depends on it's opening games. Good games will give it a chance, bad games will give it the path of the N-Gage....which, by the way, perished in a heap of firey death...

BOO ya!

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
  • Dakota has a good poitn. The only real reason why playstation and PS2 have had so much succes over other consoles are the variety and quality of games. The PS2 seems to have most of the greats from this console generation, and it looks as though that sony will probably try to play these cards again with their handheld console. Though they have tough competition as gameboy (lol in general) is strong and has been strong for so long. It's really the only handheld anyone looks to atm. PSP will have to be ground breaking, but the amount of stuff it'll have does seem to be ground breaking! MP3, crisp screen, fantastic graphics are just a few of whats promised. Nintendo are working on their next handheld in defence against it's greatest handheld title, but it'll have to have all the PSP has and more to beat it....it's a major advance from GBA SP to something like the PSP...the question will be whether they can take such a step. Though saying all this there is one major thing that Nintendo has that Sony will never have....POKEMON!

Back