• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

..:The Pure Tournament:..

Ársa

k.
    Years
    ..:THE PURE TOURNAMENT:..

..:The Pure Tournament:..

https://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u166/Mullac51/PureTournamentBanner.png

THE SECOND "PURE TOURNAMENT" IS UNDERWAY!

Previous Winner(s):

January '08 ABYAY

..:Standard Rules:..

- No Hacked Pokemon
    - No Ubers
    - No OHKO Moves
    - 6 vs 6
    - No Hax Items

Dark Azelf said:
    * Hax items, these items mess with Accuracy/ Critical Hit rate / Flinch Rate / First Strike rate or any other items that have a small chance of working that are unreliable that function on a percent chance and at random points throughout the battle. Banned items are :- Razor Claw, Razor Fang, Stick (On Farfetch'd), Scope Lense, Kings Rock, Bright Powder, Quick Claw, Focus Band, Lax Incense, Lucky Punch. These items"depend on luck" to work.

*Note: The above rules are to be followed by everyone. Failure to do so, and you will be replaced.

..:Specific Rules:...

- Sleep / Evasion / Species / Status / Explosion Clauses
    - Level 100 / Level 50

*Note: The above rules are rules that a player can enforce during a battle. These are not required, but may be requested. If your opponent requests this, you must oblige. If you have any objections / problems, please PM me.

..:Current Entries:..

1. Tortured_Soul
    2. dunlop86
    3. Loto
    4. SquallLion90
    5. ABYAY
    6. Xairmo
    7. daveyboy
    8. Taktiken
    9. mcash7
    10. MirrorB

..: Prizes :..

1st Place:
    - 1x Shiny EV'd Gengar / Metagross / Porygon-Z / Tyranitar / Other (PM me for others)

2nd Place:
    - 1x EV'd Yanmega / Suicune / Garchomp / Tyranitar / Other (PM me for others)

3rd Place:
    - 1x Shiny Pokemon / 3x Item, Berry, TM.

*Note: A higher place will recieve precidence of lower. 1st will have choice of 2nd, 3rd prize also, while 2nd will have 3rd also, etc.

Let's get This Underway!

Last edited:

Minabii

tree
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2008
    I'll join, no. 3 if you will.

And also, how is this gonna work? Do the people with the best record from round one move up to the second round?

Minabii

tree
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2008
    It is Round Robin. The winner moves on to the next round, the loser is knocked out.

Would you like to battle me?
    ~M51

Yea, that's why I was confused. Typically, a round-robin format tournament involves every player playing once against every other player in a given round and accumulating a win-loss ratio. What you're talking about is a single-elimination bracket-style tournament.

And sure, why not. :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    Hmm im interested, but maybe you should make a different competition for Lvl 50-, I'd only ever fight with PokeMon 50 or under, and not everyone would agree with that.

And im not ready yet, you would have to give me 3 days... so maybe sign me up for under 50 fights and put me on like a suspension so that I can't be battled ? :S

Back