• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pyromancers: Fire-type Pokémon Club

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    How do you feel about Charizard being in the new Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS?

I thought the PKMN Trainer was going to make a come-back anyways, so having Charizard as a standalone character was kinda surprising, but not that much. Im pretty happy to see him in SSB, im sure he is going to be a blast to play, especially when mega-evolving!! :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Would Charizard even be able to mega-evolve, though? I actually had no idea. @_@ If so, which form would they allow us to use--X, Y, or both? Personally, I'd love it if it were Y; to me, this one seems to be the best-looking. X isn't so bad, but I'm just not too fond of its black and blue color-scheme.

Years
    Would Charizard even be able to mega-evolve, though? I actually had no idea. @_@ If so, which form would they allow us to use--X, Y, or both? Personally, I'd love it if it were Y; to me, this one seems to be the best-looking. X isn't so bad, but I'm just not too fond of its black and blue color-scheme.

It was apparently shown to be able to Mega Evolve into Charizard X. It's apparently the more popular of the two Charizard Mega Evolutions for some reason, but I gotta admit the blue flames are pretty fierce on that thing. Lucario is also able to Mega Evolve in the game, so can't wait to see what they do in the Mega forms.

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    How do you feel about Charizard being in the new Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS?

Wait he is? That be pretty great then.i haven't played much of the super smash series but this gives me one more reason to play it

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I think Mega X is Charizard's final smash, so you can't just use it whenever you want. Probably the right thing to do?

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018

I love it. I'm kinda glad that charizard is alone and not with squirtle and ivysaur, but I'm kinda sad cause I liked to use ivysaur. but Greninja and mega charizard X is in the game so I'm good.
    It will be interesting using just charizard though, especially with mega charizard X.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It was apparently shown to be able to Mega Evolve into Charizard X. It's apparently the more popular of the two Charizard Mega Evolutions for some reason, but I gotta admit the blue flames are pretty fierce on that thing. Lucario is also able to Mega Evolve in the game, so can't wait to see what they do in the Mega forms.

Aw, that sucks. Would have been pretty cool if they included both forms, maybe, and gave you the option to select either one before getting into a match? :o

Wicked3DS

Years
    Maybe all that other info is wrong and you can chose to play a Mega X the whole time :P we can hope, right? Right?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm definitely up for unlocked character idea. As for skin choice, not too sure about that… Charizard X's shaoe structure is a little different than the original, so along with skin color, it'd also have to change on that regard. :b

Wicked3DS

Years
    Mostly the wings and the fire coming from it's mouth, but it would be better as an extra character because it's supposed to be a lot stronger.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It's supposed to be, but will this actually happen? :o There's a lot of characters in SSB who are seemingly stronger than others by appearance, but when battling, though, they're nothing like that at all and get taken down by weaker-looking guys pretty easily, haha. Anyway, let's kick-off a new topic! If you were to introduce a fire-type legendary, how would it be? What would you call it? Would it have relations to any other Pokémon? What stats would it have, and what kind of attacks would you expect to see in its move-pool?

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    Would it have relations with any other Pokémon?
    I LOL'd :)

If you were to introduce a fire-type legendary, how would it be?

Nakkion
    - Fire/Poison
    The Nuclear Pokemon

Appears similar to a mix between Groudon and Palpitoad. It expels poisonous gas from pores all over its body (similar to Torkoal or Camerupt spewing their smoke). It is a new legendary Pokemon that was created by an accidental meltdown of a nuclear facility. It is aggressive at first, but eventually comes to peace with its creation (sounds like a good movie, eh?). Inspired by Godzilla.

Ability: Anger Point, Flash Fire, Mold Breaker, No Guard, or Vital Spirit seem like good ones.
    Signature Move: Meltdown - similar to Blast Burn, Hyper Beam, and the like, but only deals 110 damage. The trade-off is that it will affect all other Pokemon and has the chance to Poison or Burn.
    Other Moves: Explosion, Poison Gas, Poison Tail, Sludge Wave, Venom Drench, Eruption
    TM: Toxic, Will-O-Wisp

Wicked3DS

Years
    I LOL'd :)

If you were to introduce a fire-type legendary, how would it be?

Nakkion
    - Fire/Poison
    The Nuclear Pokemon

Appears similar to a mix between Groudon and Palpitoad. It expels poisonous gas from pores all over its body (similar to Torkoal or Camerupt spewing their smoke). It is a new legendary Pokemon that was created by an accidental meltdown of a nuclear facility. It is aggressive at first, but eventually comes to peace with its creation (sounds like a good movie, eh?). Inspired by Godzilla.

Ability: Anger Point, Flash Fire, Mold Breaker, No Guard, or Vital Spirit seem like good ones.
    Signature Move: Meltdown - similar to Blast Burn, Hyper Beam, and the like, but only deals 110 damage. The trade-off is that it will affect all other Pokemon and has the chance to Poison or Burn.
    Other Moves: Explosion, Poison Gas, Poison Tail, Sludge Wave, Venom Drench, Eruption
    TM: Toxic, Will-O-Wisp

Ummm...I don't think I can trump that. Send an application to Game Freak.

We discussed a Fire/Poison legendary a while ago in the Poison-type club. It would be an explosive gas Pokémon. It would know all the standard Fire and Poison moves and also Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse and maybe Psychic. It would be a special attacker (physical wouldn't make much sense for a ball of gas) and I imagine would know a move that could burn and poison as well. I'll try to think of something else too, I'm sure an idea or two will come to me.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    Flarodon
    The Assimilation Pokemon
    Flarodon starts out as a raptor-like dinosaur, but, using the corrupting power of flame, it gains a secondary type that changes both its stats and appearance. It is believed to have escaped detection from the late cretaceous to modern days by disguising itself as volcano in its ground-forme.

It has a move called assimilation, which changes its secondary type to the primary type of whatever it knocks out with it (KOing a torterra transforms it to grass forme, for example.). The move starts as fire, but changes to the type of whatever forme it's in.
    Flareon starts out as a jack of all stats, but takes on a more focused approach as it changes form. Poison type turns it into a small dilophosaurus like creature, losing defensive stats, but gaining speed and attack power, ground type turns it into a larger, sturdier ceratopsian form, and so on.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Beetlezion Fire/Bug Type
    The Beetle Pokemon
    It may not be able to fly, but its said that its wings are so strong, they can summon a deadly fire storm by just a flap of its wings. It also has the ability to stands up-right in 2 feet. It has unique patterns around its shoulders suggesting that it has some unique abilities to communicate with humans and to control most Fire- and Bug- types at any given time.

Spoiler:

Wicked3DS

Years
    Very cool ideas. Flarodon sounds extremely complex, that would take a lot to pull off, but I guess it's not that different from Arceus. Beetlezion sounds cool just because a Fire/Bug legendary would be crazy awesome.

I thought a Fire/Grass-type that was like a tree or something would be cool. Its signature move would be a dual Fire/Grass move where it could shoot flaming leaves at the foe, with a chance to burn. Which made me think...

What would you guys think of a "badly burned" status condition, kind of like badly poisoned?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm really liking the idea of Beetlezion, Venitardus. :3 We seriously lack fire/bug-types, so having a new one is always welcome. Also, "badly burned" status sounds nice, but what would it do in actuality? Cause more damage to your opponent than usual?

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    Yeah, flarodon is meant to be the kind of pokemon where when you see it you know you're either completely screwed or you've got an easy battle ahead. A smart player will be able to offset fire's weaknesses and dominate, but a not so smart player will end up giving him a 4X weakness or two.

Edit: Aw, ninja'd

Back