• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The Race | IC [M]

shatteredxfrost

i'm writing my own damn story
Years

• The Race
    A Pokemon version of 'Fire & Flood' that puts desperate people of all ages against one another to win the ultimate prize: a cure for a terminally ill loved one.
    How far are you willing to go to save someone you love?​
    Characters
    Tallon Gray-_-Hatred
    Levi TheKingOfFrisia
    Norman Godzil
    Clarke shatteredxfrost
    John The Ramboing
    Rosalie Strikit

Prologue
    As the role play begins your first post will be a prologue, an introduction of sorts (intended to be a long post, don't be afraid!) In this introduction you will give us some details to learn more about your character, about who they are trying to save, or why they want to save this person. It doesn't have to be for love, it may be for selfish reasons (is your older sibling going to inherit the family business? If they die, does it go to you when you have different ambitions?)

During the prologue your character will receive an ear piece in a package. It's white, small and there's a blinking green light, prompting you to wear it.

"Hello," a warm, soothing woman's voice greets you. "We are aware of your stressful situation involving a loved one and we are prepared to offer you a special cure that is guaranteed to work. You are invited to become a contender in The Race. If you are interested, please make your way to Celadon City's Hotel within 48 hours."

You can include more in your prologue afterwards like getting there, telling your family, visiting your sick loved one for the last time but don't go further after arriving at the hotel.

♦ Chapter 1

Last edited:

shatteredxfrost

Years
  • 0KgGcZ8.png

Clarke; prologue
    Status - Fine
    Inventory - Photograph, Cargo Jacket

"It's not looking any better," my mother rubs my arm comfortingly.

I look into the glass window with her beside me, staring at my dying father on the hospital bed surrounded by wires and nurses checking his vitals. In the reflection, I see my red eyes rimmed with tears. Crying makes nothing better if the past two years have proven anything.

"He's lucky to have made it this long," she comments next and fully pulls me into her embrace.

I rest my head on her bony shoulder, staring into the room blankly. She's right, he is lucky to have survived so long while refusing chemo.

I rather die living my life with my family in my house than wish I were dead, my Dad stubbornly told me and Mom after his diagnosis.

It was only to fair to allow him that at least. While it grated at me, made me believe him to be selfish for wanting to die his way, I wouldn't hold it against him forever. He's my father, my dying father.

"He can't survive without treatment, Mom. Any treatment would be enough but he just refuses…" I stop talking as my voice hitches. Don't cry, he had told me after his first close call with the grim reaper. Wasting tears for no reason… start making your peace with it, baby. I clear my throat and continue – "Why does he want to die?"

Mom brushes the hair off my forehead to kiss me. "Oh no, baby, he doesn't want to die… It may seem like it but he only wants to control how he dies with his rules." She breathes out, something that might resemble a laugh that ruffles my hair. "You're both so damn stubborn."

Yeah, I'm stubborn and I refuse to accept my father's decision to just die.

"You can't expect him to get better when he won't take the treatment," Caroline groans through the receiver. My one and only friend in this town whom hasn't had a father in her life since she was four and considers mine just as much hers. "What is he thinking?"

I shake my head even though she can't see me.

"Are you still at the hospital?"

"Mm, in the waiting room. I couldn't stare at him through the window any longer."

"If I didn't have these stupid breeder exams, I would be there," she exclaims and I hear something clatter to the ground on her end.

"I know, Caroline and so does he." I assure her. My father adores her just as he does me.

She launches into the type of questions and drills she's going to face during the exam and I try to listen as I take in the many patients around me.

A woman with her Staryu is the closest to me as she coughs into an overused tissue, a young boy who looks a little too pale opposite. Twins close to the door are playing thumb war while sneezing, almost in sync.

The door opens as a mailman enters with a small package the size of his hand. Must be from a family member to a patient… I remember the many times I sent Dad a photo of his Fearow that he loves fiercely in hopes of changing his mind of his decision to give up.

"I had to deliver a Miltank's egg yesterday – deliver! – I can't believe it myself."

Jill, the receptionist that I was on a first name basis with, takes the package and looks directly at me.

I wave at her, half-hearted.

She quickly rounds the counter, holding the package out to me in her open palm. Jill says nothing as to not disrupt my phone call and I mouth 'thanks' to her before she returns to the desk.

"– and he said I was a born breeder! Can you believe it? I've always thought Mr Griffin was super-hot…" Caroline sighs dreamily.

"I don't think Dad would approve," I mumble and press the phone between my ear and shoulder to take the lid off the sleek black box.

She huffs, "well, he's not like thirty or anything. Come on, he's only three years older. That's not criminal! Oh, you should have been there when I tripped over the Bunearys pen and he saved me!"

A white ear-piece stares back at me from the black tissue paper it's rested in. There's a tiny blinking green light and I blink, confused.

"Caroline?" I interrupt her story of being 'saved from certain death'. "I have to go, I'll text you later."

"Oh, is it Dad? Ok, yeah, I understand! Text me when you hear anything more. Love you, Clarke." She hangs up just as I do and I quickly, rashly, put the ear piece in and wait.

"Hello," a woman's voice starts. "We are aware of your stressful situation involving a loved one and we are prepared to offer you a special cure that is guaranteed to work. You are invited to become a contender in The Race. If you are interested, please make your way to Celadon City's Hotel within 48 hours."

Is this some sort of sick joke? Probably. Am I really considering this? Definitely.

Even if it turns out to be some stupid prank, at least I'll get the chance to punch the jerk in the face.

On the very slim chance that this is real…

I shove the ear piece into my back short pocket and start rushing towards my fathers' hospital room on the second floor. Mom went home ten minutes earlier to feed the Pokemon then promised to return. 48 hours… I don't have the time to grab anything but my backpack already in Dad's room.

"Dad?" I push the door open; grateful the nurses have vacated his room.

He looks frail, not at all like the man that came from the military. His head lulls towards me and smiles.

"Hey baby, how was work?"

I'll absolutely get fired from the bakery when I don't turn up for two days straight, possibly more depending on what happens.

"I…I'm going to get you better, Dad. I promise." I'll die trying.

"Come here," he requests gruffly and holds his hand out.

I walk to his side and take his hand with both of mine.

"I love you more than anything else," he starts, squeezing my fingers tightly. "But you know parents aren't supposed to outlive their children, right? If you don't let me go now… it will happen eventually in the future. Let me go."

"No," I growl. "You can't just ask me to let you go, how selfish can you be? What if the roles were reversed?"

"You're my child –"

"And you are my father."

We stare at each other, both unyielding. Mom was right; we're stubborn.

I lean over and kiss his cheek. "I'll do whatever I can to make you better."

After many, many bus trips and hitch-hiking, I arrive in Celadon with six hours to spare.

"Thanks for the ride," I jump down from the trucks seat and races up the street to the main hotel. It has to be this one.

Entering the wide open space of the lobby that is completely barren of any life, I'm almost convinced that I'm being filmed and a bunch of twelve year old jerks will come out laughing.

Curiosity and hope keeps me motivated and I walk forward, further into the lobby.

"Go through the door to your left and take a seat," a voice from the speakers overhead boom at me.

I look at the plain door – no sign, no nothing on it but I do what the voice says and enter the room.

Twenty or so other people are seated in an auditorium. All of them look at me as I enter. I avoid their eyes and head towards the front where everyone else is seated and sit a few seats back.

On the stage is a long table with hundreds of Pokeballs.

What the hell is this?

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
  • Tallon;Prologue
    Feeling - Excited
    Inventory - Nothing

yZ-UOLAox1qKiAwfpPnj1jy8KIBknd4sjo50QSxAWDE=w280-h209-p-no

"Man! It's been such a long day!" I said outloud while in a subway station. Due to my sudden outburst, I captured the attention of some nearby people. People usually like to keep to themselves, But I was the exact opposite.

"Hey you!" I said to a lady that seemed to be about in her twenties. She turned to me and gave me a questioning look. "C'mere!" I demanded, still having the attention of the people. Not wanting to stand out anymore, the lady walked toward me.

"Heh, that's a good girl! Now, What's your opinion on my outfit?" I asked her, while showcasing the clothes I'm wearing.

"It's um... N-Nice?" She said to me, still nervous as she didn't know my intentions.

"... Wrong answer."

I looked back up at her and quickly gripped her neck with my right hand, strangling her. The public instantly started to panic with fear. Screams and demands telling me to 'Let her go' became frequent. By the corner of my eye, I saw a man charging at me.

"Oh no you don't" I told him with an evil grin. I squeezed her neck even harder, making the woman's deathly scream become nothing more than a crackling screech. The man stopped.

"I don't mind if you want me, But if you want this girl here, then come get her! But if you do get closer, you'll get her... Dead. You wan't that?" I asked him, My grin soon becoming an expressionless face.

"I take that as a yes." I said to him, walking closer, Hand still on the woman's neck, pulling her. He soon started to yell, turn and run away, causing me to loosen my grip around the woman's neck. I looked back at my victim.

"As for you... The correct answer is AMAZING! Say it! Say my outfit is Amazing!"

I got no reply. I soon started to see her drool and I that's when it had hit me. She had passed out.

"Aww... C'mon... It just started to get fun..." I looked around and saw that everyone had kept their distance from me, eyes locked on me.

"Hey... Can you guys not look so scared... If you do, I'll kill her." They looked at me with confusion and started to panic. "Welp... Ya can't say I ain't gave you all a warning!" I said as I tossed her fainted body to the train tracks, where it would soon be decimated and crushed by a high speed incoming train.

The crowd went ballistic and disburse, trying their hardest to leave the train station, terrified of what I might do next. Of course after about a minute, I became surrounded by police. But they seemed more... Sinister.

"Come with us kid." One of them demanded. I followed, Curious as to why their not arresting me. Eh... It makes sense. I've been arrested and given the death penalty, but each time it does happen, I escape the prisons. Too bad they have to follow protocol, otherwise they could have just killed me right now. But something seemed odd... They didn't hand cuff me. They just lead me outside and into a car. One of them entered the drivers seat and started to drive once all of the men were in the car.

"Where are you guys taking me?" I asked with excitement.

"Our boss said he'll make you a proposal." One of them told me as they gave me a small white earpiece. I put it into my ear.

"Hello," a warm, soothing woman's voice greets you. "We are aware of your stressful situation involving a loved one and we are prepared to offer you a special cure that is guaranteed to work. You are invited to become a contender in The Race. If you are interested, please make your way to Celadon City's Hotel within 48 hours."

"Huh? What's going on? I don't have a loved one..." I asked, confused.

"Hm? Oh! Since you're uh... Different, let me explain. See, This race is for some sorry wimps who have family members or whatever that are going to die. Who ever wins this race gets a cure that our boss developed to help save those people. Buuut... Since you have no loved ones, You'll have to play this little race for YOUR life." He told me. "The public has been complaining long enough about you, but the boss seems to like your sudden murder cases, so instead of killing or imprisoning you, He's giving you a chance to literally fight for your life."

"Oh? Not bad... That actually sounds fun! You have a pretty cool boss!" I told one of them. "To be honest, Killing random people became boring. I need something like this, Something with my life on the line!"

We arrived at a Hotel. I stepped out of the car and they led me in to what seemed to be an auditorium. The place was empty. I was the first one there. "Just take a seat and wait for everyone else.

I did just that.

Finally, I get to have some fun!! I have to fight for my life, and If I lose, at least I can die having fun! It's a win win! I attempted to take the earpiece out of my ear, but It wouldn't come out.

"Oh... And that ear piece stays in your ear. If you tell anyone your situation, It'll blow up, along with your head. Remember... We're always monitoring. Always watching..."

"Heh... Fair enough!"

Two guards went to the back and conversed.

"How can he remain so... Happy knowing the situation he's in??" One of them asked. "I dunno... But he catches the bosses interest. Soooo.... I think he's interesting too." The other one replied. "Interesting?? More like INSANE!"

Last edited:
    Years
  • Norman; prologue
    Status - Normal
    Inventory - Snacks

"So... you're saying it doesn't look good."

"We're saying he only has months to live, Mr. Miller. I understand if you're having trouble accepting it, but your father is dying."

Norman leans against the wall, taking a deep breath. After a moment, he exhales, releasing a cloud of smoke. "And... you're certain it's his heart?"

"Mr. Miller, your father is dying of heart failure. Just like his father, and his great-grandfather. This heart disease runs in your family, and you seem to be the only one who can't accept that."

Norman grips the phone tightly, putting his hand to his chest. He takes several quick breaths, trying to calm himself.

"But... they lived into their sixties! Dad's not even fifty yet!"

"Obviously your father has a weaker heart, and the disease has shortened his life more than it did your ancestors'. It's either that or the disease is getting stronger."

With that, Norman throws his phone as hard as he can, nodding in dazed satisfaction as it shatters against the wall of the alley.

"That's it. That must be it. Dad's dying, and I'm next. This hereditary, incurable, rare heart disease is getting stronger and killing off my family! ...maybe it's a gypsy curse or something. We're cursed."

He's rambling in panic, taking quick puffs on his cig to try and calm his nerves. He tosses it to the ground, grinding it under his foot harder than strictly necessary. He stumbles out of the alley, picking a direction and just walking. He doesn't know where he's going, but he's certainly in a hurry to get there. Not watching where he's going, he turns a corner and runs into someone, both of them going down in a tangle of limbs. He notes that it's a girl, and she cushioned his fall quite well. "Hey, thanks for catching me. That fall could have hurt."

The girl rubs her head, wincing in pain. She tries to sit up, pushing Norman away. "Get off me! And watch where you're going! ...what's that smell? Is there a Gloom nearby?"

Norman just grins at her, thinking that today might not be totally terrible. "Probably me. My name's Norman. I work at the Miller Day Care, so I work with Pokemon a lot. Actually, my dad owns the place. Cool, huh?"

The girl is only half listening, too busy recovering letters and boxes that fell out of her satchel. "Wait, Norman? Norman Miller?"

Norman just smiles more. "Yep! I'm a professional, I know all about raising Pokemon! And bree-"

"I have a package for you. Please take it." The girl, apparently a courier, hands him a small box, roughly the size of his hand.

"Heh... I've got a package for you, too, if you know - ow."

She throws the box at him, bouncing it off his nose. "Goodbye. Please don't follow me." She practically runs away, leaving Norman sitting on the sidewalk.

He rubs his face indignantly, but shrugs it off. "Hey, free box!" He tears it open, shifting so his back is to the wall of the building. (The sidewalk is surprisingly comfortable.) Inside the box is a small earpiece, which he promptly puts in his ear. "Cool! 'What does the scouter say about his'-"

"Hello," a warm, soothing woman's voice comes from the device. "She sounds nice." Norman thinks. "We are aware of your stressful situation involving a loved one and we are prepared to offer you a special cure that is guaranteed to work. You are invited to become a contender in The Race. If you are interested, please make your way to Celadon City's Hotel within 48 hours."

"Huh. A race, eh? Sounds like a lot of work. Why would they want me to *GASP* wait a minute! A guaranteed cure? They could cure my heart condition! This is awesome, I'm gonna live!" He leaps to his feet, yelling "I'm gonna live!" at passerby, who scurry away in confusion and terror.

Nearly two days later, Norman arrives in Celadon City, parking his motorcycle in front of the hotel. (Actually, it's an electric scooter, but "motorcycle" sounds more manly.) He chains it to the bike rack, grabbing his backpack out of his saddlebag and heading inside.

Inside is quiet. Almost too quiet. Just when he thinks he got the wrong Celadon City Hotel, a loudspeaker kicks on. "Go through the door to your left and take a seat."

"Oh. Thanks, magic voice!" He heads through the unmarked door, completely confident. He ignores the others already inside, only giving them all a friendly wave. He flops down in an available seat in the back, pulls a bag of corn chips out of his pack, and starts eating while he waits.

Zatanna

Magician Princess
    Years

• Petal

Petal looked down to the bed. Her mother sleeping in it.

"Mom...?" she asked quietly.
    "Yes, hun? What is it?" Her mother awakened blinking, wearing a soft smile.
    "Could you tell me a story...?" She asked tossing her pretty long locks.

"Oh! Okay. Yes, Yes. Okay... this is the story of when I lived with these mighty fine people. Lets see... Oh! A very handsome Gray... a beautiful Arryn. An attractive Darren. A gentle giant named Rex... I think that was it... Anyways. I had a huge crush on Gray, however, my friend Arryn liked him. He liked her too. Anyways. I kissed this boy named Darren because... oh shit. I forgot why... Anyways. I kissed him... You know... I think I forgot.... Oh god dammit!" she said firing a moonblast into the hospital wall.

"Mom!" she cried out. "Mom! Knock it off!" She said a bit irritably.
    "Oh... Im sorry... I just... You know...I wish I was as good as I used to be. "

Then her body started to shake and she blacked out. She was screaming still. I came out of the room tears coming down my face. Nurses ran in and I went home. I was a different person around my mother... I hated it.

I went inside and checked the mail seeing something for me. I take out a little earpiece and put it in my ear. I hear it talk to me and my eyes widen. I ran up to my room and starting packing.

"Lets see... ill need clothes... and shoes... and a camera... and my phone... uh... oh! I should call River and see if he can stay with Mom while im gone." I throw anything and everything into the bags and pick up the phone calling River.

"River...hey! Im going out of town, you need to come watch mom. Check in on her... thank you... bye." I hung up and headed to the Airport. I preferred flying anywhere. I shoud've went and seen my mom one last time but it would hurt to bad... I got a cab and drove to the taxi thinking about what I was about to do.

A race... okay... ike a 5k or something... Im pretty fast...Its a good opportunity to meet people... maybe a special person... mom would like that. She says im not getting as many guys as I could... Its fine... Okay... I need to be where...? Oh! Celadon... Mom hates it there... wonder why...
    I looked out of the window to see we were pulling up. I jumped out of the cab and ran to the gate to Celadon city. I gave the woman my money and walked to first class to take a seat. I sat back and enjoyed. Next stop... Celadon.

Years
  • John
    Inventory: Nothing

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry, but you only have a few months to live. Those cursed words rang in John's mind as he sat underneath some trees along Route 15 in Kanto. He remembered the day he heard those words.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When John was 19, he had gone to Lavander town to visit a friend. Along the way he was attacked by a group of ghost type Pokemon. John's Pokemon were easily able to hold off the Pokemon until a Haunter used Curse on him and he blacked out. John awoke in a hospital where the doctor told him he didn't have long since the Curse was slowly affecting his body. He was so shocked and scared he rushed out the hospital with his Pokemon team, the small amount of cash he had, and the clothes on his back. He left his home town of Viridian without a word to his family and began to travel the world. But that was six years ago.

Though he had lasted longer than what the doctor predicted, John still felt that he was dying inside. He was 25 years old and was supposed to be at the prime of his life, yet he still felt weaker each day. He knew his time was coming, but he wouldn't let that stop him. Over the course of six years, John travelled the world, meeting new people. He would help them when needed and battled them for fun. The best that he fought or taught would receive one of his Pokemon. Even though those Pokemon were family to John, he didn't want to have them completely abandoned when he died. John continued this tradition until he was left with his Staraptor. He knew at that point that he was at the end of the line. So after a lengthy and fulfilling journey, he decided to return home. After six years away from home, he had arrived in Kanto and had started the trek home.

Enough reminiscing the past, John told himself, Let's keep moving. He grabbed his gear and set off again. Normally he would have flown on his Staraptor, but she was tired from the long flight from Cinnabar. So John walked for about an hour until he arrived in Fuchsia City. By the time he arrived it was already dark, so he immediately went to the Pokemon Center to drop off his Pokemon. He rested on the couches when a strange man in a black coat approached him.

"Are you John from the city of Viridian?" the man asked in a gruff voice. John nodded.

"This is for you," the man said, handing John a small brown package. The man quickly exited the Center leaving John confused.

I didn't think anyone knew I was here. So who would give me a package? John thought as he opened the small brown parcel. Inside was a small white ear-piece looking device. John held it in his hand until it began to flash green. He placed it in his ear.

"Hello," a warm, soothing woman's voice greeted him. "We are aware of your stressful situation involving a loved one and we are prepared to offer you a special cure that is guaranteed to work. You are invited to become a contender in The Race. If you are interested, please make your way to Celadon City's Hotel within 48 hours."

The message ended and the green light stopped flashing. John took the piece out of his ear and sat in thought. Millions of question flew through his head. Who was that? What's going on? Which loved one? Are they talking about me? What is this cure they are talking about? Could it work on me? What's this "Race?"

With these thoughts, John weighed his options. He could forget that this situation ever happened, walk away, and eventually die. Or he could go and at least see if there is in fact a cure and possibly live. Realizing the better of the two options, John raced to counter and grabbed his Staraptor. He wanted to leave immediately but it was already late, so he rested in the Center. At daybreak he immediately set off on his journey to Celadon. After two days of travel with minimal stops, he reached his destination and found the hotel he was directed to go to. As he placed his hand on the doorknob, nerves starting kicking in, flooding his entire body. Not knowing what was to come, he decided it was best if he wrote a sort of last will. It said:

To Whomever this may concern,

Hello, my name is John. You might remember me from 6 years ago. I was the one who ran away after learning I was doomed to die. But as you can tell from this letter, I am still very much alive.

The reason for my letter is about my current situation. The other day I received a message from an unknown souce that I was selected to participate in an unknown race. They said they could provide a cure for me and my sickness. I do not know the details or what will happen. I may or may not die.

Thus I want to give my last Pokemon, the Staraptor sending this letter, to whoever first receives this letter. Please take good care of her. You can give her a new name if you want. I don't want her to be alone if I go.

One last thing. If my mother is still alive, please tell her I love her.

Sincerely,

John

After finishing the letter, John attached it to his Staraptor and sent her off. "Go back home. Take this to the first person you see there." She flew away, growing smaller and smaller until she disappeared. John turned and faced the door once again with some renewed confidence and walked in.

John walked into what appeared to be an abandoned hotel. He wandered around until he heard something over a speaker. "Go through the door to your left and take a seat," a voice boomed over an intercom. John entered the room to see others scattered throughout an auditorium and rows of Pokeballs on the stage. Realizing that people were staring at him, he took a seat and found himself next to a kid munching on some snacks.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Nightmares had nothing on real life. For months now Rosalie had spent the vast majority of her days sitting in a stiff, uncomfortable chair next to a hospital bed. Mentally and emotionally drained, she often thought she didn't have much else to give. Yet she still showed up every day she could to be with Ava. The girl was small, so very small for a child of five, and though she was scared she was so brave. When she had the strength she talked and laughed with her parents. When she didn't she held onto their hands, and they may have thought they were comforting her, but Ava knew that the reverse was the case. The child had realized what her condition meant, what it could mean for her if she didn't get a bone marrow transplant. Neither of her parents were a match, and they couldn't go to their extended family; Rosalie did not keep in contact with hers, and Sal was the last of his. Ava understood that she might die and she faced that possibility with a childlike certainty. Rosalie could not do that.

Lack of sleep, continuing fear, and the anger born of helplessness turned Rosalie's temperament sour. She smoothed down the white linen sheets on Ava's bed with a glare at the nurse that came through the door. He was young, no older than his mid twenties, with dark hair and a perpetual smile. That smile faltered when he saw the unfriendly look on her face.

"Good morning Mrs. Harris," he greeted with a dose of professionalism. "Would you like some breakfast? We can bring you a tray when we come up to give Ava hers."

She had to respect his courage, Rosalie mused distantly. A lesser man may have cowered under her chilly stare, but he did not. "Yes, thank you," she said blandly. He nodded and left, more than happy to be away from her.

Rosalie sighed and rubbed her tired eyes, accented by heavy bags underneath. She knew she was acting irrationally and guilt gnawed at her stomach for the way she'd talked to the nurse. It was the way she'd treated everyone, really. Though she tried to be bright and encouraging for Ava she knew the child sensed the shallowness of the encouragement and the affection. When Sal touched her, seeking reassurance, she didn't shrink away from him but she remained stiff and impassive. She could feel him slipping away but she couldn't bring herself to do anything about it. It was hard enough to keep herself moving.

The lump under the blankets stirred and the head of a small girl popped out. At one time Ava had thick, white-blonde hair like her mother's, yet with more of the golden influence of her father. Now she looked so very small with no hair at all; her golden brown eyes appeared much too large for her head.

"When's breakfast momma?" she asked with a wide yawn. Rosalie jumped into the sad replica of motherhood she'd put forth so much lately.

"Nurse Ferris just came in and said breakfast would be coming soon. Do you need to go to the bathroom?"

Ava nodded, eyes bleary with sleep, and Rosalie helped her up. She tried not to think about how light Ava was as the girl leaned against her. Ava insisted on doing as much as she could by herself, though, and she brushed her teeth, washed her face, and hesitated, staring sadly into the mirror for a moment. This was when she would have brushed her hair. Before her mother could see, though, she smiled up at her and took her hand again.

"I'm ready to go back to bed. Can we play cards for a while?"

Of course Rosalie said they could. She would give her anything she wanted. She helped Ava back into her bed and the girl fished a plush Meowth from the sea of blankets. They played Go Fish for a while before Sal came, able to spend the day at the hospital after feeding the family pets. Rosalie glanced up at him and when Ava jumped at the chance for him to join in the game Rosalie rose and excused herself. She'd be back, she really would, but she needed... out. She needed some air.

Rosalie rode the elevator down to the ground floor. As she passed the help desk the nurse called out to her.

"Mrs. Harris! I have a package for you here!"

With a confused frown Rosalie changed direction and came to stand at the desk, which only came up just below her breasts. It occurred to her that she would look like a child herself in this specialty children's hospital, if it weren't for the stress on her face. "Why would it be sent here? Why not to my home?"

The nurse had no answers for her, but Rosalie took it anyway. The box was small and plain with no return address. She thanked her distantly and then continued her trip to the outside. In the courtyard there was a fountain, probably meant to make the hospital grounds look beautiful and inviting. Rosalie considered this thought with aggressive distaste. What a farce this all was. Her chest was full of uncomfortable, burning anger as she sat down on the edge of the fountain and tore open the package. At the moment she didn't care that bits of cardboard fell onto the ground. Inside the box was a plain white earpiece with a blinking green light. Her eyes narrowed and she glared at it. She hadn't ordered it and she couldn't imagine who it could have come from. Her upbringing had taught her to see anything in the mail as a threat when the sender wasn't identified. Still, she felt reckless. She lifted it and set it securely into her ear.

"Hello," a warm, soothing woman's voice greeted her. "We are aware of your stressful situation involving a loved one and we are prepared to offer you a special cure that is guaranteed to work. You are invited to become a contender in The Race. If you are interested, please make your way to Celadon City's Hotel within 48 hours."

Rosalie sat still, distantly surprised. She'd heard of The Race, of course, but knew it was invitation only and had not hoped for such a thing to be offered to her. It took her little time at all to decide. If there was any chance at all that it could help Ava she was going to do it. The trip back up to Ava's room went in a blur. Instead of participating in yet another round of Go Fish she pulled Sal into the hall to tell him.

And he didn't like it at all. "How do you know it's legitimate?" he demanded, swelling up. "Ava needs you here, not off chasing a distant chance that what they're offering actually works!"

Rosalie swelled up just as much. "Honestly, Sal! She needs something done, and sitting there waiting for her to die isn't helping anything!"

Sal flinched at the frankness of her wording. "Is that what you think? We're just waiting on a donor, but she's strong. She's going to be okay."

There was a desperation in his tone that needled at Rosalie's heart. Her next retort was already on her tongue, but she swallowed it. Her eyes filled with tears and she reached out to him, wrapping her arms tight around him. He melted against her and for a moment they clung to each other, desperate for comfort and hope, both trying hard not to cry. When they parted she looked up at him, still determined, still fierce.

"I love you, Sal. You know that, and I love Ava. But I've got to try."

The certainty in her voice made it clear that Sal was not to argue. He sighed and ran both hands through his hair. Finally he said, "Come back to us, okay? It's dangerous."

And Rosalie promised she would.

Ava didn't take the news as poorly as they anticipated. She hugged her mother, told her she loved her, and that was that. It was the warmth Rosalie needed to give her the strength to pack up and follow the instructions. She traveled from Saffron City to Celadon the next day. She'd showered and dressed well, hair pulled up in a ponytail, makeup forsaken. This was not a beauty contest and all that mattered was winning. As she approached the hotel she looked up, hesitated for only a moment, and went confidently through the doors.

Last edited:

TheKingOfFrisia

well... the King
    Years
  • Levi;prologue
    Status- Fine
    Inventory- Nothing

"Wake up Levi."

A frail voice called from the doorway, wrenching Levi from his sleep. He sat up, wiped his eyes, and glared at the one who awoke him. In the doorway stood Levi's older sister, who has been taking care of him since their parents died during a trip. Not wanting to give up his sleepy state just yet, Levi laid his head back down and pretended to fall back asleep. "That won't work. Come on, I made breakfast," His sister nagged. Even though he was hungry, Levi remained still. "Levi... !" She began, before collapsing on the ground in a fit of coughing and shaking. As soon as her knees touched the ground, Levi sprang out of bed and leaped to his sisters side, joined by her Pidgey. "Leah! Are you alright?" Levi cried, as he held on to her in order to stop the seizure. It lasted about about a minute, long enough to wake up Levi's poochyena, before her fit finally ended, leaving her shaking in Levi's lap. "Are you alright sis?" His voice barely above a whisper, caressing her shoulder to try to fend off anymore seizures. Leah shook her head and stood up, an innocent grin on her face. "Nothing important, just a cough fit. Still right as rain." Levi had a grim frown on his face. "How long is this damn... sickness, going to stay?" She merely shook her head sadly, and went down stairs. Rubbing Poochyena on the head, Levi grabbed a book off the shelf and followed his sister downstairs.

While Levi and Leah sat at the table sipping on vegetable soup, Levi heard Poochyena growl, presumably the door. "I'll get it," Levi said and before Leah could object, stood up and quickly darted to the door. He silenced the loud Pokemon before he opened the door to a plain black box, about the size of his hand. He picked it up after looking around for the person who put it there, and hopped inside to examine it. Lifting the cover, there sat a simple earpiece in the middle of a cushion. There's a flashing green light, so out of curiosity, Levi tries it on. Much to his surprise, a female voice comes out. "Hello, We are aware of your stressful situation involving a loved one and we are prepared to offer you a special cure that is guaranteed to work. You are invited to become a contender in The Race. If you are interested, please make your way to Celadon City's Hotel within 48 hours." The message left a sour taste in Levi's mouth. He attempts to pull it off, but it refuses to budge, warranting a concerned look from the wolf at his feet. "It's OK boy, nothing special." Actually, it was really special, but not in the good way.
    Walking back into the dining room, Leah looked worriedly at Levi. "What was it?" Levi wasn't sure what to say. "Umm... nothing important, must've been a prank." Levi hated lying to his sister, but he didn't want to worry her. Thank goodness his hair blocked the earpiece. "Hey uh, Leah. Do you thing there's a cure out there for you?" Levi said nervously. "We've been over this before. If there is one then I don't know about it, and we probably don't have the money for it anyway, especially since you refuse to get a job," She points out. Levi's mind was made up. "Well, I didn't tell you, but i'm meeting a collage representative in Celadon City, so I need to get going." Leah looked confused. "But it's so far away, are you sure?" Levi nodded, and went upstairs to pack his things.

Up in his room, Levi packed the basic necessities, clothes, toothbrush, a book, a small pillow. "Well, if it's a race, ill probably need some water," Levi said to nobody in particular, and grabbed a water bottle from his cooler. Seeing as everything seemed to be in order, Levi headed downstairs to leave, warding of the pesky Pokemon who wanted to come with. "Sorry guys, I'm afraid I have to leave you here." He peeked in the living room to see Leah napping on the couch. "You take care of her for me, OK?" Both the Pokemon answered happily, and escorted Levi to the door. "Hope to see you guys soon." Levi said, and crossed the threshold.

After taking tons of buses and some walking,Levi finally made it to the Celedon City hotel. Nervous for whats going to happen next, he paced around out side until he mustered up a little courage and walked into the lobby.

shatteredxfrost

Years

• The Race
    c2vfnLj.png

Section 1; Chapter 1

Nina;

Leader of The Race, Nina is captivating in many ways – her intelligent, curious nature makes her seem very nosy as she is relentless in her search for knowledge. She comes across very snobby as Nina speaks, she looks down her beak of a nose and talks very slowly as if to a child.

YOU
    After receiving your egg, Team Rocket grunts will lead you to a back room where you wait for transportation to Celadon Station (this gives you time to talk to one another). Each of you will have your own compartment on the train with a bag waiting for you that contains: canteen of water, silver bowl and a lighter. A grunt will come in and instruct you to swallow a pill (you have no choice, swallow it) the tablet will effectively knock you out!

When you wake up, you're at the edge of a rainforest with your fellow contenders all around.

Chapter 2 starts here.

Rules;
    • Do not open your Pokeball until instructed to do so
    • Three posts are all that is needed in total for Chapter 1 to be over
    • You'll have more freedom soon, I'm sorry!

The auditorium goes dark as a woman strolls across the stage in front of the long table, a clipboard is in her arms, held close to her chest. She faces the seats and smiles in welcome. Her face, somewhat angelic, is full of hope and curiosity.

"It is nice to see how many of you are dedicated to saving someone so close to you…" she speaks gently, the same voice from the ear-piece. "I can only imagine how many questions you all must have," the woman starts with a different tone, more confident and with a sense of leadership.

"My name is Nina and what you've been lead to believe is true… we have the only known cure to any condition."

Nina looks at her clipboard and turns four pages, "200 of you are gathered here today for quite an incredible experience. Sadly, only half of you will be entering the race." She steps to the side, her eyes resting on the Pokeballs.

"These Pokemon will aid you during the race as the challenges of your surroundings will be in the way of your victory. There is something very special about these Pokemon…" Nina demonstrates by taking the lone Pokeball that is strapped to the belt around her hips.

A Ninetails appears beside Nina sitting gracefully on the stage.

"Aqua Ring," Nina instructs, her eyes not disconnecting from the crowd.

The Ninetails lifts its body, concentrating on the audience as droplets of water materialises from thin air and forms five rings that surround the Pokemon's body protectively.

There are many gasps, whispers of disbelief and Nina holds a hand up to silence them.

"What you have witnessed is no illusion, only truth that the path of science has greatly advanced… is it so hard to believe now that we have a cure?" Nina speaks clearly, knowing that there are very little doubts left amongst the people.

Nina returns her Pokemon and steps far off to the side.

"Only 100 of you will advance to our first act of the race." She gestures to the long table ridden with Pokeballs.

"Run, don't walk."

With that, Nina disappears off the stage and a horn blares through the auditorium.

Years

• Norman; Chapter One
    Status - Confused
    Inventory - None

The horn blaring through the auditorium practically sets off a stampede. People everywhere leap out of their seats, charging for the stage. Norman is a bit slower to react, catching an elbow to the face and getting his snack knocked out of his hands. He retaliates, lashing out with his foot and completely missing whoever hit him, but he hits somebody in the shin, causing them to trip and cause a pileup in the aisle. He struggles free, hearing a cry of pain and a sharp crack as he steps on someone's hand.

"Ooh, that sounded like bone!" He grins as he charges down the center aisle, shoving people aside. He suddenly regrets his decision to sit in the back, but the sheer number of people being pushed down and trampled makes him glad he wasn't in front, either. Luckily for him, he'd spent enough time at rock concerts to know how to navigate a furiously flailing crowd, and he soon finds himself up on stage. People claw at him, trying to drag him back or push him aside (he's not entirely sure, as the crowd has descended into mob mentality), but he staggers forward, spinning and flailing his arms to dislodge them.

He bumps into the table, accidentally knocking a Pokeball onto the floor. Someone else grabs for it, but Norman jumps forward, spear tackling her to the ground. The two struggle, with the girl pushing him back as he reaches for the ball, but he bites down on her arm, forcing her to let go. He rolls off her, grabbing the dropped ball and curling into the fetal position, hugging his prize close to his chest. "It's mine! I called it, I got this one!"

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
  • Tallon;Chapter 1
    Feeling - Amazing
    Inventory - Nothing
    ----------
    ----------
    ----------
    As the loud sound echo through the room, I stay put in my seat, letting all of the people run up to get a pokeball. Me being the first person their, I naturally decided to sit in the front. As everybody faught eachother for a Pokeball, I let my mind sink into my desires, still dazed by the beauty of Nina. I was so into her body, I completely missed her demonstration.

"... Who was that girl!? Nina was it? She's freakin hot!!" I told myself, soon imagining all the lustful sensations I could achieve with her. "Yo! Guards! Anybody! Tell me where this girl lives! Or gimme her number!" I yelled, hoping any would hear me. However, I get no response as My voice is drowned out by the croud.

As the crowd slowly deminish the amount of pokeballs, I continue my quest for nina. I tap the earpiece in my ear repeatedly. "I know someone is listening... Tell me where Nina is!" I waited a few seconds, and ofcourse, Got no response. I sighed, disappointed that my chances for using this Nina girl for my own twisted desires is out of my reach.

I snap back out of my daze and I realize that I still have yet to get my pokeball. I get up from my seat and I charge into the crowd with a wicked laughter that shows a piece of my insanity as I start attacking the people in my way. All my victims dropped their pokeballs, and I beat up like 10 people? I didn't keep track. All I know was that pokeballs were on the floor, and savages had seen them.

"Uh oh..."I said to myself as I already had a bruised face from getting roughed up by a few of my victims. My victims soon got back up again, striving for their lost pokeballs. "Huh?! I coulda sworn I killed them!!" I knew if they were to see me, I would get jumped! So I got out of their sight pretty quick, picking up a pokeball from the ground as I ran away from the scene.

Last edited:
    Back