• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Randomized Nuzlocke Challenge

What should be my starter? (Even if you're not participating,help a friend out)

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    Update
    Pass Path - did not catch a Pokemon since it randomized to Darkrai but it was a good place to train!
    Lost Cave - Ooh, a new area! Then I ran into a wild Finneon. Finneon is now named Clarissa. Into the box with you!
    Returned to Bug Forest and defeated the Royal Darkness Grunt's Houndoom. Thank you Watery!
    Beat the Luster City Gym. The leader had a Cherrim, a Snorlax and a Ninjask... Snorlax was a pain to kill. It was a good thing I did grab Len from the box...
    Caught a Masquerain named Isis on Wind Path.
    Found a Venusaur in Renica Tunnel but was unable to catch it...
    I don't know why but I think the randomization suddenly stopped working... I did have an error when I used it the first time but it worked fine for a while. The wild Pokemon are still randomized, but the Trainers have the same Pokemon. What do I do? Can I keep playing?

Went through the Celebi Event - caught a Solrock and named him Rocky, boxed him.
    Got to Selaro Island - found Blissey on the Blue Path but couldn't catch it... I did, however, do a lot of level grinding here!
    In Thin Forest, encountered a Granbull but was unable to catch it because I ran out of Poke Balls *sniff* I need to buy more, clearly.
    Beat Alastor the 'man of steel'!
    In Rose Path, ran into a Walrein and killed it by accident >.< Then I had a Total Party Kill against a Cooltrainer with a Gible that knew Dragon Rage. I guess my run is over...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 20, 2016
    *Adding new rule can't heal my Pokemon in battle.
    Started where I left off. My encounter on Route 116 was a Dragonite caught him and named him Clarke.
    I saved Peeko and the old man decided to take me to Dewford. Caught a Metapod in Whismur cave named him Morphz. Morphz died to a Tangela whilst grinding him R.I.P Morphz you won't be remembered. Caught a Wailmer in Dewford Cave named Booma. Delievered the letter to Steven. Sailed back to Rustboro so I could get EXP Share to level up my Wailmer with no attacking moves. Caught an Electrode in the Dewford water with an Old Rod named Champion. Gym leader fight Brawly killed Brisk... Then Kendella 1HKO Brawlys Pokemon. On Route 110 I caught a Koffing named Smaug. Fighting May she killed Smaug I got revenge by having Electrode sonicboom her to death. Beat wally with Booma's rollout. Caught a cyndaquil on Route 111 Pond name it RealSmaug. SAVED...
    Current Team
    Spoiler:

Death Box
    Spoiler:

Gym Badges
    Spoiler:

My Pokemon are super underleveled.

~Ciel~

Keep calm and use nuzzle ;)
    Years
  • Me wants to join! Me wants to join!
    Name: KatieTheUnshaggable
    Game: Soul Silver
    Optional rules: None atm :)

Okay okay i'll start now because i'm bored
    The starters i had were Slowking, Arceus and Skorupi.
    Named it Goddess :D
    After that i went to mr pokemoon's house, "you must be Kaitlyn" he said.
    How the hell do you know my name, old perv!?
    Okay okay grabbed the egg and pokedex and got the hell out of there, then got pokeballs.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Completed my black 2 run.. It was really interesting game indeed :o I enjoyed playing it - although only three of my pokemon made it through the elite 4 one of them being find on the victory road D:

Either way, here they are:

Spoiler:

251.gif

Onion|Genderless|Naive Nature|Natural Cure|Lvl 71
    Dragon Claw
    Magical Leaf
    AncientPower
    Cut

421.gif

Cherry|Female|Bold Nature|Flower Gift|Lvl 70
    Worry Seed
    Take Down
    SolarBeam
    Lucky Chant

157.gif

Jimmy|Male|Naive Nature|Blaze|Lvl 71
    Swift
    Inferno
    Lava Plume
    Flamethrower​

I am going to take a break for a while than I am probably going to tackle Unova again because unova games have the most pokemon.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
    Years
  • I decided to start an Emerald Randomized Nuzlocke, Here is the progress:

Adventure up to Roxanne:

Team
    Spoiler:

Boxed
    Spoiler:

Deaths
    Spoiler:

Proof of Routes
    Spoiler:

Gym
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 20, 2016
    Grinded all my Pokemon to level 25 beat Watson. Caught Mrs. Mime in Fiery Path.Caught Gligar(Chimera) On Route 113. Caught Teddiursa (Rhino) in Meteorfalls. Caught Steelix(Jasmine) on Route 111. Stopped Tem Magma and their plan. Beat Flanerry with a bunch of physhics. Caught Haunter(Eye See U) on Route 108. Caught Magikarp(Lemmy) on Route 109. Beat my dad Norman but not without losses Gardeivor wailmer and quilava died. Taught surf to Dragonite surfed and caught a Wartortle named Uzi on Route 105. Caught Magmar on Route 119. Made it to Fortee City. Grinded so my Pokemon could beat Winowa. I defeated Winowa rather easily. Caught Politoed (Polok) on Route 120. Grinded up all my Pokemon about 5 more levels so I could take on Winowa. Beat Winowa and her gym by using Dragonite, Raichu, and Blastoise. Battled the trainers in the South and evolved Bayleef into Meganium. Saved Game.
    Current Team
    Spoiler:

DEAD
    Spoiler:

Boxed
    Spoiler:

Gym Badges
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 7, 2014
    Update #1

Chose Nidoqueen as my starter (the other two were Porygon and Seviper).
    Route 1 - Flygon (capture)
    Route 2 - Castform (capture)
    Route 22 - Scizor (Capture)
    Viridian Forest - Latios (Flee)
    Pewter City - Beat Brock, he had Larvitar and Sealo. First gym complete, no losses.
    Route 3 - Scizor (fainted)
    Mt. Moon - Numel (captured)
    Route 24 - Gyarados (fainted), killed Shifter
    Route 25 Cacturne (captured)

Current team - Kishi (Scizor), Elizabeth (Nidoqueen), Stannel (Flygon), El Verde (Cacturne), Ruptured (Numel)

Last edited:

~Ciel~

Years
  • I will continue my epicness now!
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAnd game crash. Oki. Guess i'll do...Ummm..Black. Yes, pokemon Black then.
    Additional settings or rules: Starters set to "basic with 2 evolutions", that is all.
    -Kaitlyn
    -Starters were Duskull, Magby and Tepig. WOW. Just wow. Tepig in the oshawott spot though, so what do i care. I think i'll go with Duskull! :)
    -Tepig tried to tackle my Duskull...I AM INVINCIBLE
    -Female Duskull will be named...hmm...idk really...
    -After a lot of thought, i called her Misery.
    -Pokeballs got.
    -Now, to battle!

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
    Years
  • Here is my nuzlocke up till Brawly:

Team
    Spoiler:

Boxed
    Spoiler:

Deaths
    Spoiler:

Proof of Routes
    Spoiler:

Gym
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    Let's try this again with a different game...

Username: phantomness
    Game: Pokemon Heart Gold
    Additional Rules: Nickname all Pokemon, white out = game over

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
    Years
  • Here is my nuzlocke up till Wattson:

Team
    Spoiler:

Boxed
    Spoiler:

Deaths
    Spoiler:

Proof of Routes
    Spoiler:

Gym
    Spoiler:

Years
  • All right, all right I am guilty .-. I said that I will take a break from random lockes - Nope. Started Random black run because I want to beat the league and champion with 6 pokemon in my team!

Either way.. Let's begin!

Starters were Electivire, Combee (Male .-.) and Magmar- I chose Electivire because she is a monster and named her Paula (Paul - Paula get the joke? Anybody? No ... ? Ok than :( *goes to the corner and cries* ) I made Cheren keep combee for the rest of the game though xD I am so mean! XD

After all the jazz about catching patrat etc. (No I don't know how to catch a pokemon .. I haven't play pokemon for few years now .-. ) we go to the grass and our first encounter is....

Not a patrat xD

But a chinchou! Not bad .. Not bad at all although I already have electric type .-.

Caught him and named him Lumios! He is just level 3 so he will need to gain some levels :3

Other encounters on that first route are Bastiodon, Axew, Nincada, Skitty, Excadril and Bulbasaur - Wish that I could get excadril, axew, tangrowth or bulbasaur D: Ohwell .-.

Currently in the process of grinding them to level 10 *puts the music on and goes beating off some random pokemon*

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    So, my starter choices were Metapod, Mudkip and Spheal. Interesting combination... I picked Spheal, it'll be nice to have an ice-type when I run into Clair. She's already killed me twice on Random Heart Gold Nuzlocke runs so I hope for success this time...

Route 29 - Ran into Caterpie and Shedinja but what I finally ended up catching when I had Poke Balls was a Lucario named Phillip.
    Route 46 - Caught a Flareon named Maxwell.
    Route 30 - Caught a Bibarel and named him Seth. I guess I have an HM slave now... Although I feel a tad let down since this patch of grass also had wild Piloswine, Carnivine, Bronzor, Piplup, and Fearow...
    Maxwell easily defeated my Rival's Metapod. Tough luck, Paul!
    Route 31 - Missed catching a Gallade! Tough luck...
    Dark Cave - Caught a Crobat named Earl. I guess I've got my flying-type...
    Sprout Tower - Caught a Larvitar named Maureen. She came in very handy since the Sages had electric-type Pokemon O.O
    Beat Falkner with Maureen's Bite, as he had a Haunter and a Gengar...
    Route 32 - Caught a Dustox named Belle.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 7, 2014
    Second gym complete, no loss.
    Route 5 - Manetric (captured)
    Route 6 - Whismur (captured)
    Diglett's Cave - Persian (captured)
    Route 15 - Tentacool (captured)

Stationed right before the S.S. Anne.
    Current Party - Tesla lv19 (Manectric), Stannel lv22 (Flygon), El Verde lv 21 (Cacturne), Elizabeth lv21 (Nidoqueen), Rupture lv19 (Numel), Kishi lv22 (Scizor)

~Ciel~

Years
  • Lets continue our adventure and stuff!
    -Caught a Yanma with speed boost on route 1, named him Sanic, #GottaGoFast haha
    -Caught a Makuhita on route 2, damn that was hard. I called him Fatass.
    -I got to striaton city

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    Another update!
    In Union Cave, I caught a Rotom and named it Calen. Now I have an electric-type! Then I went back and fought the Fishermen I missed on the previous route.
    On Route 33, I caught a Corsola named Quentin.
    I didn't find any pokemon in the Slowpoke well, but I defeated Executive Proton's Dusclops and Dusknoir with Maxwell my Flareon...
    Fought my Rival - he had Gastly, Zubat, and Metapod. Earl the Crobat defeated them all quite soundly.
    And then I lost to Bugsy, who had a killer Gastrodon that killed my entire party. I wish I had a grass type... My luck isn't going very well for these Nuzlocke runs at all!

So, let's try signing up again. I refuse to give up!
    Name: Phantomness
    Game: Pokemon Heart Gold
    Additional Rules: Nickname all Pokemon, no duplicates

My starter choices were Taillow, Horsea, or Milotic. I got a female Milotic so I named her Kirei for beautiful.
    On Route 29 I caught a Tropius named Nicholas.
    I went up to Route 46 and caught a Donphan named Granite. He was holding a Passho Berry, nice!
    On Route 30 I caught a Horsea named Chet. I already have a water-type, so I'll probably box him.
    On Route 31 I caught a Kecleon named Camouflage. That's very interesting, but I doubt I'll use Kecleon unless I have to...
    In Dark Cave, I failed to catch a Hippowdon. Aww...
    I got to Violet City after defeating Bug Catcher Al who had a Sneasel, a Pineco, a Slowbro and a Beautifly. Fortunately, no one died. In Sprout Tower, I caught a Jynx named Princessa.
    It took three potions and two antidotes to keep Granite from dying when we battled Falkner, who had Tentacruel, as it had knocked Nicholas down to 1 HP and the same with Kirei. This was a close battle... but fortunately, my team members are still alive.
    On Route 32 I caught a Bayleef named Joy.
    In Union Cave I caught a Venomoth named Giselle.
    On Route 33, I caught a Honchcrow named Karen.
    In the Slowpoke Well, I caught an Azumarill named Franz.
    Executive Proton was a joke! His Pokemon randomized to Igglybuff and Combee!
    I defeated Bugsy, although his Zubat confused my Pokemon a lot, but his Vileplume and Omastar were easy for Nicholas to take out. Yay!
    I fought my Rival's Slowpoke, Mime Jr. and Taillow and won. Woohoo!
    I caught the Farfetch'd for the charcoal maker in the woods without too much trouble and also netted a Seel named Hielo.
    On Route 34, I caught a Blaziken named William. Awesome! He's going on my team.
    Phew, Whitney had Pidgeotto and Relicanth and I won!
    On Route 35, I caught a Jolteon named Riley. I finally have an electric-type... Riley is joining my team.
    I caught a Venonat named Dean in the National Park. I already have a Venomoth, though, so I doubt I'll use him.
    On Route 36, I caught an Infernape and named him Wukong.
    The Sudowoodo was turned into a Mamoswine. That's funny. But on Route 37, I caught a Tangrowth named Pan.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    Edit: I had a bunch of stuff going on the last time I was here IRL, and once everything calmed down, I had completely forgotten about this run until a friend of mine started running challenges again. I picked it up tonight where I left off the last time I had played. The current update is here is the events from the night I started again.

Well, since I started my last run after I was introduced to these forums, I figured I could track my next one here. (I got a "game over" on my last run at Whitney.)

Username: Hal
    Game: HeartGold (Randomized)
    Optional Rules: 'You must nickname all of your Pokemon', 'A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pokemon left in the PC', 'No catching duplicate Pokemon', 'Not officially enforcing the rules until the player has Poke Balls and can catch Pokemon', 'Using a "Graveryard Box" for fainted Pokemon instead of releasing them', 'If the player runs into a Shiny Pokemon, the player may still catch it, regardless of whether or not it is the first encounter in the area. However, if it is not the first Pokemon encountered on the route/area, it may not be used in the party'.

For the randomized things, I did starters, wild pokemon, event pokemon, and trainer pokemon. Also randomized is picked up items, trainer pokemon types, and trainer names/titles.

Third Update:

Put Spooky the Gengar in the graveyard. (Oh the irony)
    Activated Sudowoodo event and got a Mewtwo instead. I couldn't catch it, however, because it wasn't the first pokemon in the route that I encountered.
    Fought two double battles. Worked through first one no problem. Second one? Lesson learned, Doubleslap is the worst attack ever, and killed Eclipse and Selune. :(
    Made it to Ecruteak City, healed up, and added Buzz the Weedle to my team.
    Encountered Swellow on Route 37 but KO'd it, encountered Kricketune (Stradivari) on Route 38 and caught it, and encountered Floatzel in Mt. Mortar and KO'd it.
    Returned to Ecruteak and had to chase down Morty at Burned Tower where I had a rival battle and won with Buzz the Weedle as the only casualty. Slowly learning that Megabyte is the MVP of this run.
    Encountered and caught Oddish at Burned Tower. Nicknamed her Evenish.
    Challenged Morty and blacked out. According to pre-determined rules, this is a game over.

Last edited:

JordanD

Mark danced crazy
    Years
  • Hello!
    I'd like to enter.

Username: JordanD (Trainer name: Lodz) (Rival name: Gary).
    Game: Fire Red
    Additional Rules:
    -No Legendaries.

-If first person I find in the wild dies, I get one chance to find another. (Can't kill the Pokemon on purpose however, must either be critical hit or miscalculated damage).

-No emulation tools (save states can only be used if I'm ending a play session).

-Starters have random items.

-National Dex at start.

-Field items randomized.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 1.
    As always, taking the potion from the PC, god knows that can be a game saver.
    Starters
    Slaking.
    Shroomish.
    Koffing.
    Huh...weird choices..I've had pretty bad luck with truant before so I'll go with Koffing, Koffing is a very versatile tank..what's not to love?

TOKYO (M)
    Nature: Modest (+SP.ATK/-ATK)
    Ability: Levitate
    Attack: 10
    Defense: 14
    Sp.Attack: 12
    Sp.Defense: 9
    Speed: 9

Moves
    1. Poison Gas
    2. Tackle

My rival picked a Shroomish, good thing my Poison attacks will be super effective.
    The battle goes as normal, I poison it with Poison gas and use Tackle a lot. On the last round the Shroomish gets a critical Tackle, leaving Tokyo at 5 health, but fairly standard battle.

Ah! My journey is finally starting to begin, taking my first few steps on Route 1, getting the potion from the shop keep as always..man I need to stock up on those. I went by Route 1 with no confrontation on the first time through, got the parcel from the town and brought it back to oak with no hassle, he gives me my Pokeball, time to catch my first other Pokemon..

ROUTE-1
    Poochyena is my first encounter.
    I use Tackle on it a few times, and throw a Pokeball...CAUGHT! I named the little guy Casablanca

CASABLANCA (M)
    Nature: Rash
    Ability: Run away
    Attack: 8
    Defense: 7
    Sp.Atk: 7
    Sp.Def: 6

That's all for this part, I'll update in a few hours.
    Speed: 7

Back