• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rayquaza Flying Forme Speculation Thread

Years
  • O.K guys,

I was playing with Pokemon LeafGreen when I came across this Pokedex entry for Rayquaza:

"It has lived for hundreds of millions of years in the ozone layer. It's Flying Form looks like a meteor."

Could this mean that Rayquaza could have a new Forme in a future game, perhaps a Hoenn remake?

I can only guess Rayquaza's Flying Forme is rayquaza curled up in a ball, falling at light speed.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • What it's most likely referring to is probably just what it looks like in mid-flight. Given that it's in the sky and happens to be long and thin as it is, most likely, it would look like a shooting star from a distance. This seems to contradict the fact that two of the other entries state it can't be seen from the ground, but it could be interpreted that this is due to camouflage as well as distance. (i.e., It looks like a meteor from the ground, so it's never really detected.)

It should also be noted that "flying form" is not capitalized. Nitpick, but if the other legendary alternate forms are capitalized in canon, then maybe that supports the "that's not what this is referring to" idea.

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
  • O.K guys,

I was playing with Pokemon LeafGreen when I came across this Pokedex entry for Rayquaza:

"It has lived for hundreds of millions of years in the ozone layer. It's Flying Form looks like a meteor."

Could this mean that Rayquaza could have a new Forme in a future game, perhaps a Hoenn remake?

I can only guess Rayquaza's Flying Forme is rayquaza curled up in a ball, falling at light speed.
    That wouldn't be a 'forme' (oh look let's take the word form and add an e at the end we're so original we're pokemon), that would be Rayquaza curled up in a ball falling.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    or it's just referring to the fact that it looks like it's tail is like that of a comet... XP

DarthWaffles

IS A FIRIN' HIS LAZAR
    Years
  • Rayquaza is already flying. It's probably referring the to the way it flew when it came to Earth, or whatever the Pokemon World is called.

Back