• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Red Plague: Teaming with Justice (SU/OOC)

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
  • THE PROBLEM

"first you get this searing pain and an undescribile migraine. then your sight blurs to red. the last thing you feel is anger and pure rage." thats what the survivers say. after that they can't remember anything, but others have seen what happens next. "they begin roaring and shouting. they destroy without thought or strategy just abllierating all in their path. the rampage can last for weeks, but most pokemon don't survive that long. they don't feel pain yet still receive it, they can't see and thus are blind to danger, and they strike at others who then strike back."

THE MISSION

I now need your help. I am spirit of the world. this mysterious disease "the Red Plague" has taken many lives and is also destroying the earth which we call home. i call out to you unkown heros to take the first step and help solve this mystery. a friend of mine "Darkento" is looking for new pokemon to recruit for his guild. i beg you to join the guild and begin your journey.

THE GUILD

now by joining the guild your mission is to help life continue on as normal as possible as well as finding the cure and a vaccine for the red plague. while a member of the guild you can travel as often as you want to other places, but you only receive rewards from the guild head after completing a mission. being a member also lets you recruit other pokemon to expand your team (i ask that you limit the number of recruit you get per page so that you can focus on the main plot.)

THE MAIN CHARACTERS FROM PLOT

"The Spirit" a being which embodies the earth and shows itself in times of great distress

Darkento the guild head. he has been enlightened to the ways of justice, honor, humility, and peace by the legendary pokemon of the distant past. he is a Scyther with gary and black coloration.

THE TOWN

the main town is Gysear town has these main locations

Marketplace:
    MooMoo Bakery (sells food)
    NidoKing Tavern (social area)
    Magnimite Gear (equipment shop)

Old Gysear:
    Misdrevious sisters' shop (misc. 1 use items)
    Honchkrow's black market (rare item shop very expensive)

Guild Center:
    Machamp Forge (specialty equipment)
    Pidgey Post (mission depot)
    training feilds (no explanation required)

THE WORLD

the world is broken up into a few basic locations. the aventure locations have the types of pokemon which can be found there. the places without pokemon types next to them are other towns travel there to do what they say.

the dungeons are ranked by difficulty. as we procced more of the dungeons will be unlocked. these dungeons are the starter dungeons.

"wild" pokemon in Rank 1 dungeons are levels 2-6
    babies and basics
    no psuedo legendaries in these dungeons(if you want a list i can add one)

1 Skyline Forest: flying, bug, grass, poison
    1 Thunder Hill: electric, normal, fighting
    1 Opal Tunnel: rock, ground, dragon, ghost
    1 Balist Beach: water (salt), normal
    1 Lava Tube: fire, steel, dark
    1 Crystal Spring: water (fresh), psychic, ice
    1 nightfall marsh: ghost, dark, water (fresh)

(fresh and salt define what pokemon live in the water ex.[krabby is a river crab thus it lives in fresh water while mantine is a sea ray thus it lives in salt water] thus is such a fun word )

when your character decides to join the guild they will have just heard what "The Spirit" had just said in the begining of the post. you need to build your characters next actions off of that.

each RPer will work with 1 other character (RPer) to make a team. then you can recruit NPCs.

there is going to be a level system. after each mission i'll access the mission objectives, any battling you did, and i'll take i tiny look at your RPing. (the levels are really important with the missions and the locations.)

Character set up

Name:
    Species:
    Special traits:

Personality:
    Background:

moveset: yes levels matter, but you can start with 1 TM move

Team name: only four teams. (if there are three or less teams then you can make one. if there are four teams then you have to join one.)

RULES please read or at least look them over.

all beginner pokemon must be baby or basic and no legends. (riolu and togepi are basic. lucario and togekiss are not)

no one can have the same pokemon

when adventuring make sure that the pokemon you meet make sense (no lotad falling from the sky [humor] ) and again no evolved (until i say so) or legendary pokemon basic and baby only

posting location would be very helpful

even though you are on a team you don't have stay with your partner all the time

your team can only have one mission at a time (so if you do split up your team you can't take on different missions)

PG-13 for violence and very mlid language no "mating"

MECHANICS just as important as rules

recruit pokemon using an interesting event in some way. examples: a great battle, help them in some way, earn their respect.

you can recruit NPCs after your first mission.

evolution is done by using a stone which can be received from "the spirit" (the DM/ me) when you are ready (just ask me [PM] and if your doing good in at the RP you probably can have it)

missions are posted in first Start Up post (as soon as i can get that up)

there is more than one legendary per species (ex more than one zapdos). If we get far enough legendaries will included.

OTHER IMPORTANT INFO/ WORDS FROM ME

i will be playing "the spirit"(the DM. please note this only means that i'll post if there's like a storm or some other major event) and a character who i will post after i get one SU.

i hope that you understand that i am only laying a foundation that you can build almost anything off of.

Accepted: unlimited space (more teams will be added if more needed)
    Jasonwolf (of course)
    Lilliana
    Totodile12345
    Makbets
    Myrrhman
    Ultragon
    Alinie
    ---------
    ---------

Teams:
    Team oracle: Raedyn (jasonwolf), Aero (totodile12345)
    Team Zephyr: Titan (myrrhman), Kemina (Lilliana)
    Team Shining Meteor: Drake (ultragon), [open]
    Team Shadow: Dark (Makbets), Aolani (Alinie)

Last edited:

ultragon

Bone breaker since Gen I
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    So we are actually pokemon in this RP?

Name: Drake
    Species: Dratini
    Special traits: Black and white colored unlike normal Dratini. Drake is extremely fast for such a small and basic pokemon

Personality: Drake is very quiet and strongwilled. He tends to keep to himself. Drake is also shown to have quite the temper and when angered is known to go on a rampage. He is also very sensitive and usally is hurt even by the smallest insults.
    Background: Drake is not very much liked by others due to his quiet nature. Most other dragon pokemon tend to stay away from him because of his violent disposistion. He also is sometimes stared at due to his coloration.

If I can't be a Dratini tell me and I'll choose trapinch I'll just change the species. Also if i cant have a different coloration tell me

Moveset:
    -Wrap
    -Leer
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Extremespeed

Team: Team Shining Meteor

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Whoopsies. Lemme go take it from the other thread, didn't see this.

Right-o, I'm ready to sign up!

Name: Titan
    Species: Nidoran M
    Special traits: Small chip in his horn.
    Personality: Titan, being raised by a Nidoking, has never been scared of anything, even if it is much bigger than he is. This causes him to have to get out of lots of sticky situations, because usually, the much bigger Pokemon isn't scared of him either. This experience has molded him into a natural leader.
    Background: Titan's mother died when he was really young. He never really knew her. His dad was one of the hunter Nidoking that gathered food for the tribe, so he was left to fend for himself most of the time. If his dad taught him one thing, it was that nothing can stand in your way if you put your mind to it. So, he would go off into the wild, doing what he pleased. If there was a Pidgeotto in his way, he would ask it to step aside, and if it wouldn't, he would tackle it. A couple of times, he would fight a Pokemon a little too tough for him, one nasty Graveler left a permanent chip in his horn. It was on one of these escapades that he became surrounded by wild Electrode who threatened to Explode on him. Thinking on his feet, he burrowed underground, just as the fireworks went off. Because he was smaller than most of the Pokemon he would fight, he could easily run behind a tree and escape into a hole faster than they could catch him. When he found the air after escaping from a rather large Kangaskhan, he saw a brilliant light. It slowly approached him, and in a soothing voice, asked for his help. He gladly accepted and was directed to the guild, with all the knowledge of the Red Plague now fresh in his mind.

moveset: Leer, Peck, Dig

Team name: Team Zephyr

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
  • nicely done. i'll add you to the accepted roster.
    ---------------------------
    ultragon you're good too.

=================
    EDIT: the RP can start once one of the other teams is full. (until your team is full you can't take on missions. you must remain in town.)

Last edited:

Alinie

Band Geek
    Years
  • Name: Aolani
    Species: Spinda
    Special traits: Left ear is torn at the tip in a ragged "z" shape. She tends to keep it bandaged most of the time. She also wears a golden hoop in her right ear.
    Personality: A whimsical and slightly masochistic Spinda who keeps to herself most of the time, immersing herself in drawing or reading. She's extremely sarcastic and a bit of a super genius, and can work out mathematical problems in a matter of seconds. Is good for strategic planning.
    Background: The eldest of twelve children, Aolani never got any attention and learned to fend for herself. She was constantly alone in the woods, sketching pictures of the sky and landscapes. One day, while alone in the woods, she was attacked by a Seviper. She managed to fend it off by using her brains and strategic thinking, but the tip of her ear was lost in the confusion. Since that day, Aolani has never trusted strangers. Because of her mangled ear, her already awry sense of balance is thrown off. She ended up at the guild when her family contracted the Red Plauge, so she's ready to fight it with a vengeance.
    moveset: Tackle, Uproar, Copycat, Safeguard (TM)
    Team name: Zephyr

Makbets

Cookie Lover
    Years
  • Name: Dark
    Species: Zorua
    Special traits: None

Personality: Dark is a Lonely Pokemon. He's some kind Bold aswell. He never listen to anyone, he's also careless, he doesn't have much friends either... Dark is very determined, he's never giving up.

Background: When Dark was a child, he's mother Zoroark was killed by a mysterious thing. Dark was living with Zoroark's best friend Lucario, she and Zoroark met when they were still a children. Few years later Dark left Lucario's house. He joined guild and created a Team Shadow. He's planning to defeat a mysterious thing, that attacked he's family.

Moveset: Scratch, Leer, Pursuit, Shadow Ball

Team Name: ShadowName: Dark
    Species: Zorua
    Special traits: None

Personality: Dark is a Lonely Pokemon. He's some kind Bold aswell. He never listen to anyone, he's also careless, he doesn't have much friends either... Dark is very determined, he's never giving up.

Background: When Dark was a child, he's mother Zoroark was killed by a mysterious thing. Dark was living with Zoroark's best friend Lucario, she and Zoroark met when they were still a children. Few years later Dark left Lucario's house. He joined guild and created a Team Shadow. He's planning to defeat a mysterious thing, that attacked he's family.

Moveset: Scratch, Leer, Pursuit, Shadow Ball

Team Name: Shadow

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
  • both accepted. currently only team zephyr and team oracle can accept missions. team shadow and team shining meteors must reamain in Gysear (the main town). once your teams are filled then you can go on missions and leave town at your pleasure.

===============================

RANK 1 MISSIONS!!! (you can choose any of these unless someone has picked it. post what mission you're gonna do so i can keep track of which ones are completed.)

Travel to Skyline forest. find missing pokemon Remmi (sentret). bring him home safely. (your badge can teleport these pokemon)

Deliever one Chesto Berry to Harry (poochyena) at Green Lagoon.

Find missing Bronze Broch in Opal Tunnel and return it to Arla (hoppip).

Rank 1 Crimnals (must complete a normal mission first.)

Defeat tricky geodude at Balist Beach.

capture thieving wooper at Lava Tube.

capture con artist spearow at Crystal Springs.

(add more soon as i can)

Last edited:

ultragon

Bone breaker since Gen I
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    Now I'm assuming by too good you mean my charecter is to powerful so I'll change him up.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • I"m pretty sure there's 3 people on my team now? I'm cool with that if you are, jason, but shouldn't the teams be all 2s first so everyone can start doing missions? I want to fix the plague now!

Also, does this mean that we can start Questing?

ultragon

Bone breaker since Gen I
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    Oh ok I got it now Jason thanks I didn't know how you meant it

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
  • ...ok...ok...ok. team Zephyr has two teamates. Lilliana and myrhmm. Alinie myrhmm had the choice between you and lilliana. she picked lilliana so you need a new team.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
  • well go get registered at the Rookie Guild building.

--------------------------------

team oracle mission: Find missing Bronze Broch in Opal Tunnel and return it to Arla (hoppip).

======================================

EDIT: I would like it if people would add civillian characters.

I made up Bessie, Arla, Riecher, Marko, and Ceria. I'd love to see what you come up with.

I might make a civillian SU so then we all can use them. I am going to make civillian SUs for my chars though.

name: Ceria
    species: ralts
    appearence: lightish blue "cap". purple "horns". purplish blue body.
    job: waitress at the MooMoo Bakery.
    relations: best friends with Raedyn.

name: Bessie
    spc: Miltank
    app: normal
    job: owns the MooMoo Bakery.
    rel: Ceria's Boss. friends with Marko.

name: Marko.
    spc: Nidoking.
    app: normal.
    job: nidoking tavern owner.
    rel: friends with Bessie.