• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Retaliators and The Downfall of Team Rocket [M] (OOC/SU)

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    I was wondering if you'd have room for one more? I'm not... Super experienced with this sort of thing, (in fact, the only 'RP with others' thing I've ever done failed miserably because the other people I was doing it with didn't take it seriously at all) but I promise to give it my very best.

saniachan

Second Violinist
    Years
    I was wondering if you'd have room for one more? I'm not... Super experienced with this sort of thing, (in fact, the only 'RP with others' thing I've ever done failed miserably because the other people I was doing it with didn't take it seriously at all) but I promise to give it my very best.
    Iirc the host did say this:
    Also, I'll allow new applicants til I say otherwise. No worries!

Also, dang. I need to make an IC post soon...

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    The more the merrier!

Fantastic! I already know the character I'm doing, but I just need to iron out the last few rough edges. I also wanted to ask if it was alright if 2 of the three Pokemon I'm going to start with can be evolved with a level and starting move penalty, he's not a new character, so having his Pokemon be unevolved really wouldn't make sense RP wise. If not though, I can make up a reason for why it happened, but I may need to BS it a little. (the mon's in question are a Weavile and a Thievul if that matters)
    Edit: One more question actually. How far along into Giovanni's conquest of Galar is he? Or I guess more specifically, are there any Team Rocket members in Galar at all by the start of the campaign? This is extremely important for my character's history.

Last edited:
    Days

--Civilian
    ----Retaliator
    TRAINER​

The Warrior of the Sun
      [tab="history"]--HISTORY ◦[/tab][tab="Personality"] PERSONALITY ◦[/tab][tab="Powers"] ABILITIES ◦[/tab]

In a small rural village in the Johto region known as Heartroot there sat a people that still held steadfast to generation old principles of the Cloud Quartet above. Believing in living in balance with Pokemon and nature alike. Such was their way of life. Reflected in their sought after exports in the way of Sunflora Nectar and lavish Mareep wool that sat at a high quality. Modernity and its march has always been a passive threat to the village with each mayor only letting in so much outside influence as to preserve the core tenants of Heartroot.

Yet, it was only ever a stopgap. By the time Aster Lando was born the small village was already seeing innovations previously thought as taboo. Being one of the last holdouts of the old ways to be looped into the electric grid of the region. Development was coming at a slow pace but that changed once Team Rocket claimed the area as apart of their territory. Demands quickly befell the town as it was deemed that their land was underutilized and underproducing. The shift from quality to quantity was sudden and violent. With the people of village having little choice in the change or they risked forceful occupation by Team Rocket goons who would surely cause worst damage. The village of Heartroot was made into another element of Team Rocket's economic war machine.

Aster grew up having to watch this all. His sense of justice fanned by his fanatic grandmother who sought to preserve the old ways. The stress eventually leaving her bed ridden. As the youngest and most able bodied it was up to Aster to work the land to prevent its forceful occupation. But it would never be enough. The plan was always to have the village subsumed. Aster's struggles meeting their end when his grandmother finally passed. The others of his family were less zealous in their belief and conviction, which showed in the fact they had long since runaway even before her passing. Indeed, the young man had taken care of his grandmother to the final hour. Absorbing any and all information to continue the village's legacy.

Aster had planned for this eventuality as unlike his grandmother he knew the village couldn't hold. Instead he would continue to live in her honor by pursuing a different means. Fighting against them head on. Leading Aster to where he is today. His outfit inspired by the legend of the 'Burning Flora'. The legend serving more as folk tale warning of over-production. It being said that having too many Sunflora in a field would drag the very sun down and burn everything away.
    Depending on who you ask he is either hard working or belligerent. Stemming from him not being accepting of laziness in others. His background in hard labor leading to his overall dissidence with 'convivence culture' at large. There is hardly a time when he is not active on his feet as he always seeks to be doing something. This plays as a strength and weakness for Aster as while he can get things done he isn't apt at complex planning. Taking things on a day by day basis as he might back at his village. Still, this lends itself to a certain level of flexibility as he is the type to remain unshaken by sudden surprises or woes. Taking them like a chip on the shoulder and adopting.

Overall, despite his out of touch nature he is vastly curious about the world around him. Desiring to learn new things though equally conflicted when it comes into contest with his held convictions and beliefs. Serving to usually fall back on what he finds reliable in the moment. His beliefs, however dated, are hard to shake as they are the core of why he is even out here at all.

Socially, Aster is a very to the point type of man. Talking about things as he sees them. Subtly is not his forte. His own body betraying him even when he means to keep quiet as he might unknowingly scowl or click his tongue at matters he disagrees with. This can be somewhat escalated when someone attempts to debate him on his village's beliefs in the Cloud Quartet or its many urban legends. Holding all to a bar of truth within himself.

Well Built: He was born and raised in farmland. Having had to work the land from its plants and beasts alike. His body holds a natural endurance and resilience. Able to handle pain in equal measure.

Poke-Wrangler: His tasks in the village have seen him in physical conflict with Pokemon. While it wouldn't be right to call them techniques he knows how handle and down certain types. Such as 'Normal' and 'Flying' types that are prolific pests in the fields.

Natural-Cure: The land gives as it takes. He has had the misfortune of being bitten by some of the worst nature has to offer. To a degree he isn't as debilitated by toxins and generally knows remedies he can make for them from the surrounding nature.

Plant-Whisper: He can't talk with plant-pokemon in the traditional sense but his years of experience lends itself to him knowing how to interpret the health and feelings of them on instinct. He is also knowledgeable on the various herbs and food-products one can derive from plant-like-pokemon.

[tab="sunkern"]
    Sunkern​
    [/tab]The Seed Pokemon
    GRASS​
    - - ----
    [tab="spinarak"]
    Spinarak​
    [/tab]The String Pokemon
    BUG​
    -POISON-
    [tab="shinx"]
    Shinx​
    [/tab]The Flash Pokemon
    ELECTRIC
    - - -​

Sunkern
    "A child of the sun itself. Sunkern are regarded with much superstition."
    NICKNAME
    The One Who Will Eat the Sun or Sun Subsumer
    ABILITY
    Solar Powered
    MOVES
    Magical Leaf | Leech Seed | Grassy Terrain
    Spinarak
    "As green as the grass they guard. And eat that which isn't."
    NICKNAME
    The One Who Lays in Wait or Threadmonger
    ABILITY
    Sniper
    MOVES
    String Shot| Scary Face | Infestation | Poison Jab
    Shinx
    "Said to be blessed by Thunderous. Shinx keep the sky clear of fiends so the sun may shine."
    NICKNAME
    Pidgey Slayer or Sky Watcher
    ABILITY
    Intimidate
    MOVES
    Bite | Leer | Thunder Shock | Thunder Wave

Years
    Edit : Done!

I have got some time off! Here is my appliance :

Civilian Name: Gracidea
    Retaliator Name: Gracidea
    Trainer?Ranger?Pokémon? Pokémon (Gardevoir)
    Partner Pokémon: N/A
    Moves: Psychic ; Moon Blast ; Thunder Punch ; Gravity

Personality: Cold, taciturn, yet with a steely resolve to protect the innocents and see justice prevail.

History: Gracidea hatched in Mauville, Hoenn. Adopted in an orphanage upon hatching, to live with the human orphans, she befriended, and grew up with a young boy, Billy Albert Garett. By the time they reached their teen, the two were unseparable. They then had been struck by the events involving Team Aqua and Magma, as well as the drought and downpour they foolishly unleashed on Hoenn's region by waking Groudon and Kyogre.

This led them to want to join the law enforcement, to fight for justice and defend those who couldn't defend themselves. In the years they had spent together, they had honed their wit and cleverness through many mystery games. After a few years spent on law studies, their sharpened minds, as well as their strong sense of justice, opened to them a rising career of private detectives. Over the following years, their office, Billy & Gracidea Investigations, saw many affairs and cases brilliantly solved.

Then, Team Rocket arrived in Hoenn. A case came up involving some men in black uniforms with red "R", and Billy and Gracidea confidently went on it, certain to see justice prevail again, and trusting each other and their own skills to stop this emerging threat. But the depot they entered, hoping to find clues, turned out to be a trap, and they were ambushed by two Team Rocket Agents. After a fierce battle, Gracidea managed to repel them, but the cost was high... Only one detective crossed the door to step outside in the clouds filled evening.

To make things worse, she lost the handling of the case, and her job of detective, since a Pokémon couldn't have these on their own according to the law... and as time passed, the Team Rocket Agents were still on the loose, and Hoenn's police seemed unable to turn the tide. Gracidea then searched for a way to keep fighting for justice, and stop the criminal organization. She found an answer, and thus, wearing her tailored trench coat, and her companion's hat on her head, she traveled to Unova, with the intent to find these Retaliators...

In the Main HQ, Castelia City, she met Mewtwo. Looking at each other's eyes, they both felt their shared resolve to bring Team Rocket down. Gracidea, former detective, thus joined the ranks of the Retaliators, determined to stop the criminal organization once and for all, one way or another...

Civilian Appearance:
    The Retaliators and The Downfall of Team Rocket [M] (OOC/SU)

Gracidea is a rather tall Gardevoir, with a height of 1.8 m.
    She wears a black T-shirt specially tailored to cover her chest and back's horns. On top of it, she wears a trench coat and a hat.
    Retaliator Appearance:
    Same.

Special Abilities: Telepathy. Outside of the Ability's regular effects, and mental communication with her allies, it would allow Gracidea to read the mind of a neutralized foe (Pokémon and humans alike) if she can focus, outside of battles (like in an interrogation).
    Theme Song:
    Drive to Bohemia (Public Enemies movie)
    Battle Theme:
    Taser Puppet (Salt movie)

Other: Catchphrase : "Justice wasn't found in a court. But justice will find you."

Last edited:

saniachan

Second Violinist
    Years
    I'm not the host but looks like the host forgot to answer some questions (or maybe they did via PM or something, idk), so...

Fantastic! I already know the character I'm doing, but I just need to iron out the last few rough edges. I also wanted to ask if it was alright if 2 of the three Pokemon I'm going to start with can be evolved with a level and starting move penalty, he's not a new character, so having his Pokemon be unevolved really wouldn't make sense RP wise. If not though, I can make up a reason for why it happened, but I may need to BS it a little. (the mon's in question are a Weavile and a Thievul if that matters)
    The sign-up rules did say that all mons a trainer/ranger has must be unevolved, so maybe you can say that your character's Sneasel and Nickit might be, say, his OG mons' kids or something?

Edit: One more question actually. How far along into Giovanni's conquest of Galar is he? Or I guess more specifically, are there any Team Rocket members in Galar at all by the start of the campaign? This is extremely important for my character's history.
    That, I'm not sure. We'll need the host's verdict on this one.

And speaking of questions, I have one of my own about this:
    Also, if you feel you need to 'Morph' please do so somewhere private without any civilian or Rocket eyes watching.
    Aside from hiding identities, does "Morphing" give any other... idk, advantages or something?

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    I'm not the host but looks like the host forgot to answer some questions (or maybe they did via PM or something, idk), so...

The host hasn't answered my questions quite yet.

The sign-up rules did say that all mons a trainer/ranger has must be unevolved, so maybe you can say that your character's Sneasel and Nickit might be, say, his OG mons' kids or something?

Not possible. I'd rather just say that they de-evolved or some such thing. (even though Nickit evolves at a measly level 18 lol, and Sneasel just needs a specific item regardless of level)

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
    Sorry I've been a bit busy IRL. Morphing makes you faster and stronger, and helps you communicate with Pokémon better, as well as giving you certain other powers (eventually). Also Team Rocket's attempt at conquering Galar is relatively recent, like les than a month. Also levels aren't really a thing, per se, but I would personally save evolution for character development.

Last edited:

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    Also levels aren't really a thing, per se, but I would personally save evolution for character development.

I would like to make the argument in this specific case that the fact that they are already evolved is part of his character development, as I said in another post, he's not a fresh faced trainer, he's a former champion. His whole deal is him trying to recover the other 3 main members of his team that were stolen from him by Team Rocket. But I will concede on this if it is important for your narative, even if it doesn't make very much sense for my character.

saniachan

Second Violinist
    Years
    Morphing makes you faster and stronger, and helps you communicate with Pokémon better, as well as giving you certain other powers (eventually).
    And as for the transformation process, is it up to us players to write it out or...?

Not possible. I'd rather just say that they de-evolved or some such thing. (even though Nickit evolves at a measly level 18 lol, and Sneasel just needs a specific item regardless of level)
    Also levels aren't really a thing, per se, but I would personally save evolution for character development.
    I would like to make the argument in this specific case that the fact that they are already evolved is part of his character development, as I said in another post, he's not a fresh faced trainer, he's a former champion. His whole deal is him trying to recover the other 3 main members of his team that were stolen from him by Team Rocket. But I will concede on this if it is important for your narative, even if it doesn't make very much sense for my character.
    In that case, would it make sense if you see this RP as a prequel of another RP your character is/was in? That's how I personally get away with reusing characters. 😉

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    In that case, would it make sense if you see this RP as a prequel of another RP your character is/was in? That's how I personally get away with reusing characters. 😉

Not for this character, no. His life is pretty much already set, this to me was more of a way to retire his character rather than add more to his story. Also, 3 of his last 6 Pokemon were with him when he first made champion, one of these, (his Thievul) was his first Pokemon, I would rather yadayada something about them randomly devolving than try to fit this story somewhere else as it would not make sense anywhere beyond his last adventure. I promise I'm not always this stubborn about every little thing, it's just that this character specifically is very important to me, that's why I want to run him so badly.

Last edited:
    Days
    Hello, I myself had a few questions that I wanted to ask...

1. Are we able to use our Pokemon's moves in creative ways?
    Example: Spinarak uses 'String Shot' on a patch of ground to stumble an unsuspecting Rocket goon?

2. Are the human characters allowed to enter the fray? IE Aster steps to shield his Sunkern or to bat away a prying Houndour?

3. If our character's origin is in a distant region is it safe to assume by their recruitment that they are flown over? Or should I tie a reason into my backstory for as to how Aster left Johto?

4. I am still new this forum. Once our character is accepted do we jump into the 'Roleplay Stage' or do we still wait on a green light?

5. What are other Regional Powers doing in response to Team Rocket? Such as the Pokemon League? Do any major companies move their headquarters to avoid being absorbed by Team Rocket such as Silph Co., Devon Corperation, and Poketech Co.? How are local police forces holding up?

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Your character has made it safely to Castelia City, and feel free to tie in a reason.
    4. Go for it.
    5. The Pokémon League is a major part of the resistance, Silph and Devon were bought out by Damon Enterprises to protect them, the police have their work cut out for them, to say the least.

saniachan

Second Violinist
    Years
    Excuse my nitpicking, but...

A female Gardevoir, wearing a black shirt, a light brown trench coat and a hat of the same color, silently entered the room, her expression neutral as she looked around, then briefly glanced at each person and Pokémon here. Crossing her arms, she telepathically sent a formal message, as flat as her red gaze, who pierced the shadow cast on her face by her light brown hat.

Hello.

Gracidea had found little about this enterprise and the Retaliators during her research, and had actually not expected much from it as she traveled to Unova. But there didn't seem to be any other alternative, the law enforcement in Hoenn having proven unable to stop Team Rocket. Then, inside the building, she had met Mewtwo. The Legendary Pokémon, said to have been made by men from Mew's ADN, and who had his fair share of problems with Team Rocket. If he was there, that must mean the Retaliators might be the ones who could actually put an end to the criminal organization's existence. She was not going to let her hopes rise too much, still, and had yet to see what the others here were made of.
    For the record (and if I get this right), Eric has yet to meet the newer recruits. If I were you, I'd rather save that part for when he does unless Gracidea can illegally teleport into the secret base somehow.

Then again, you do you. 😉

Last edited:
    Back