• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game] The Retype Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
  • We all know Fairy is one of the top artists around here, so I'm looking forward to seeing those emblems, including everyone's retype. :3

I'm in, even though this is actually my first time doing something like this, haha. It's a good start!

Edit: Oh my glob, Paint.net froze after all my efforts! :< Luckily I could print screen a zoomed up version and save it on Paint (never thought Paint would come in handy lol) but I still have to redo it, pretty much. Oh well, I won't lose heart! I'll try again tomorrow, since atm it's the wee ours of the morning.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Like Sheerow I'm kind of rusty when it comes to spriting but I'll take a go! I've done countless recolours etc in the past so hopefully I can do something here XD

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Like Sheerow I'm kind of rusty when it comes to spriting but I'll take a go! I've done countless recolours etc in the past so hopefully I can do something here XD

It doesn't have to be just a recolor. You can do anything that you like with the sprite, as long as it stays recognizable as the original pokemon :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    It doesn't have to be just a recolor. You can do anything that you like with the sprite, as long as it stays recognizable as the original pokemon :)
    Is it ok to fuse Pokémon? Like could I take Beedril's wings and add them to Squirtle with it still counting as Squirtle (with him obviously being the bigger focus)?

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Is it ok to fuse Pokémon? Like could I take Beedril's wings and add them to Squirtle with it still counting as Squirtle (with him obviously being the bigger focus)?

Feel free to take parts of other sprites. It is as you said, as long as the Gen 1 starter is the bigger focus, it's allowed. It must be retype of the starter, and every means to that end will be allowed. Except murder

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Poor Squirrel. :( I'm sure here'll make an exception~ just use your Cute Charm.

Seeing as how you can send your submission anytime before 1 May I won't hurry with sending mine, in case I wind up in Ozzy's predicament. :P

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Now how can I win :(

I decided I'm not happy with the sprite I sent also I didn't read the part about adding a moveset - is it possible to send a new entry or is it one go each? (Sorry for all the questions!)

I'm not making an exception for you! Because everyone can send a new submission if they want, haha. The last submission I receive will be the one that counts, so feel free to make a new entry :)

Don't send me something when you already know you're going to try again later on, though. I don't need fourty submissions a person, haha.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Because I thought this was an interesting challenge, I was experimenting a little with it. As it isn't even working out badly I don't see a reason why not to sign up. I mean free emblems, c'mon.

I'll send you my entry soon.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Owh man, 20 entries, I'm so happy with you guys! I love you all for joining! All submissions thus far are great, and I'm excited to showcase them to y'all when May comes around.
    I want people to keep joining, this might become the biggest A&D competition yet, if this keeps up!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back