• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Revived BINGO Challenge!

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
Years
  • (#4) JP Red (Kanto) Water Monotype Challenge

I sped through my Kanto Water Monotype run while watching a FFIX Speed Run, so I'm sure you can tell what the names were inspired by. At any rate...

This run was one of my laid back ones. I hit a slight road block at Lt. Surge, however once Zidane the Gyarados evolved, I was all set. (With Vivi the Blastoise taking out his first and third Pokemon). With him out of the way, I easily cleared the rest of the game, with Vivi rocking the early game, Zidane speeding through the mid-game, and Kupo the Vaporeon destroying everything in the end game. (With Chocobo the Krabby being my cut slave and shield for Venosaur's Solar Beam.)

Now, the part I hate doing with my Japanese Cartridges... writing down my team's movesets.

Spoiler:

Total Time: ~11 Hrs. 30 Min.

Current Bingo Board
    Spoiler:

Another quick question (Sorry, trying to get everything sorted out before I do each run) For my Johto Scramble, do you want me to trade in Moltres? He's not in the Gen II games, but my trading cable's still functioning and I can easily catch that Moltres before I reset my Red version.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Completed Rainbow Road on the FireRed :]

Hall of fame:

Spoiler:

And here is my rainbow team :]

009.gif

Leo|Male|Rash Nature|Torrent|Lvl 61
    Skull Bash
    Ice Beam
    Surf
    Bite

034.gif

Ludwig|Male|Gentle Nature|Poison Point|Lvl 61
    Rock Slide
    Thunderbolt
    Earthquake
    Double Kick

040.gif

Annie|Female|Lax Nature|Cute Charm|Lvl 60
    Toxic
    Strength
    Mega Punch
    Flamethrower

045.gif

Len|Male|Naughty Nature|Chlorophyl|Lvl 60
    Giga Drain
    Acid
    Petal Dance
    Sleep Powder

053.gif

Kovu|Male|Modest Nature|Limber|Lvl 60
    Slash
    Shadow Ball
    Faint Attack
    Cut

123.gif

Bladez|Female|Gentle Nature|Swarm|Lvl 60
    Swords Dance
    Aerial Ace
    Slash
    Wing Attack​

My bingo card:

Spoiler:

Wanderer Miror B.

The user formerly known as Orrefan8888
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2017
    This sounds like fun can I have a 6x6 card please.

BlueShellBeast - Trading on Moltres will be fine, but please do not use him until you beat the E4 for the first time or the run will be too easy.
    Here's a card for you roserade31. Best of luck on the challenge!

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Completed the Champion Challenge on Crystal, 2 badges on Mono-Letter D in Emerald, and 1 badge on the Gift Challenge in Y. I'll provide pictures when I complete them (maybe not for Y).

Screenshots of Team:
    Spoiler:

Bingo Card:
    View attachment 72903

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
    Years
  • Another one bites the dust!

(#5) JP Blue (Kanto) Team Rocket Challenge

I was debating writing this post as a Rocket Grunt, but laziness won over. This was a pretty darn fun run, seeing as I was able to get all of my guys (Minus Articuno, but he didn't see the light of day until the E4.) before I boarded the S.S. Anne. In other words, everyone stayed close in level and I had fun struggling with the E4 with low-mid 40's and a legendary with only two moves.

On the subject of legendaries, it took me awhile to figure out whether to go for Zapdos or Articuno to make either the first E4 member or Lance trivial. I ended up deciding on Lance, which I'm kinda glad I went for that, even if Loriele was a long and tough fight because of it.

With that, my star player of this run was Sugar the Hypno. (Once again, themed Pokemon Nicknames...) And once again, my favorite part...

FINAL TEAM
    Spoiler:

And I managed to get some ending pictures this time.
    Spoiler:

And finally, my current Bingo sheet.
    Spoiler:

Now, time for see if I can cook up a decent challenge on (Probably) Pokemon Red!

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2014
    I finished my first challenge for the BINGO challenge. I chose to the rocket challenge first.
    My team was: I didn't save after and I am using and emulator so I won't put the levels this time, bu they were all above level 60.

Scaldera the Electrode
    Thunderbolt
    Tackle
    Sonic Boom
    Explosion

MindPalace the Hypno
    Confusion
    Psychic
    Hypnosis
    Headbutt

MegaChicken the Moltres
    Peck
    Fire Spin
    Sky Attack
    Fire Blast

OP the Nidoking
    Surf
    Strength
    Bodyslam
    Hyper Beam

WastedTime the Raticate
    Hyper fang
    Dig
    Super Fang
    Quick Attack

FlowrPower the Victreebell
    Vine Whip
    Acid
    Sleep Powder
    Cut

Final Profile Play Time (I didn't actually play for this long it just says I did): 40:18

For Proof that I really don't have a life go to mr12345hello12345 on youtube. They are not any good, but it shows I didn't cheat.

View attachment 72913

Years
  • 2 days ago I completed "Signature move (tackle)" on Black and like 2 hours ago "Character challenge (Ash)" in Leaf Green. My teams:

Character Challenge:
    Spoiler:

Signature Move:
    Spoiler:

Next up: Stone Alone in Fire Red with team: Arcanine, Vileplume, Cloyster, Jolteon, Nidoqueen and Wigglytuff (there are only 5 different stones in Kanto, so I picked 2 that evolve by Moon Stone)

And a silly question: does diagonals count towards BINGO?

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2014
    Well I said I had no life in my last post and to prove it I beat another challenge today.
    I did the elite mash up and here was my team

Epona the Lapras
    Ice Beam
    Water Gun
    Body slam
    Sing

New OP the Gyarados
    Bite
    Hydro Pump
    Dragon pulse
    Surf

Bruce Lee the Hitmonlee
    Mega kick
    High jump kick
    Rolling kick
    Double kick

Aeroshark the Aerodactyl
    Bite
    Wing Attack
    Take down
    Supersonic

SpookyGhst the Gengar
    Night shade
    Dream eater
    Hypnosis
    Strength

TheRock the Machamp
    Karate Chop
    Low Kick
    Seismic Toss
    Focus Energy

View attachment 72916

For my monoletter run I am playing blue and don't have access to ekans so I don't have access to a pokemon before the third gym. If it is ok I will just cheat in one pokemon as a starter, but I wanted to ask first.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2014
    More having no life for the past day and a half for me I've been having a little marathon just by myself to see how many challenges I can beat in a wekk of playing with only a few hours of sleep a day, and in the original games I always grind my pokemon up to 60 before the elite four so I won't post levels just because that will pretty much stay constant around 60 or 61.

First my normal monotype
    Spoiler:

And my Copycat challenge
    Spoiler:

Heres my current bingo card. For now I am just making it red, but I will change it when I have more time

View attachment 72947

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
    Years
  • You're certainly on a roll there, Roserade. Haha! As for me, I got distacted trying to unlock Doduo Speed in Stadium rather than working on my challenge. On second thought, I should have just unlocked it in the second one where I only had to beat Gym Leader castle...

(#6) Red (Kanto) Culinary Challenge!

"I am le waiter on ze S.S. Anne... Ah! You're ze strong, silent type."

Souji nods and shows off his team.

Spoiler:

Alright, enough joking around. There was no real star of this run, as they all were great and had their shining moments, even if it was only for the last gym (KintokiDoG) or at the E4 (Izunagi). Kuma ended up being my wall for those times where I needed to heal everyone up, and Kanji destroyed Agitha with dig. (This is when you all ask why he's still a Growlithe, right? Well, I'm planning to use him in the future in my Stadium runs, and he only learns moves before he evolves. Sadly, I didn't reach level 50 by the time this run was over for him to have flamethrower and evolve... Ah well, still awesome, and I love NFE Pokemon.) Naoto was my early game power house, and finally Yosuke had fun with destroying Bruno. Pretty balanced team, I'd say.

As usual, here's a fun ending pic, now with color! (As I'll have to do without for next run because I have yet to get the Japanese Pokemon Stadium games... I'll have to fix that eventually.)

Spoiler:

And here's my current Bingo Card
    Spoiler:

Next up... Green Version with my final Kanto square. "What's Your Sign?"

Years
  • Like 12 hours ago I completed Mega Evolution Challenge in Ruby and the day before Stone Alone in LeafGreen (I planned doing it in FireRed, but decided that LeafGreen had better exclusives). My teams:

Muh Stone Alone Team:
    Spoiler:

My Mega Evolution Team:
    Spoiler:

Both challenges were pretty much very fun! I didn't encounter much problems. As seen in both I get extremely lazy, if it comes to grinding xD, so real problems started in E4. In Fire Red I noticed that with this team being underleveled doesn't make big difference, but in Ruby every member KO'd like 4 my pokemons (when I healed my mons before champion, I ran out of revives xD, I bought them just enough). Even though I managed to take out 5 of 6 his mons, when he sent out Metagross, he easily KO'd 5 of my mons (They did him some damage, bringing him down to a little bit under 50% of health) Finally my last pokemon Swampert (who was pretty much weakened too) outspeeded him and KO'd him with Mud Shot. It felt soooo goood :D.

PS. Each time I use Victreebel family, I love them and hate them at the same time more and more o_O

Next up: Champion Challenge in Perfect Platinum (just because I'd be able to catch Spiritomb) with team: Roserade, Gastrodon, Glaceon, Lucario, Spiritomb, Togekiss. I currently have 1 badge.

Edit: Forgot about card xD, i'll upload it in a moment.

Last edited:

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Finished Mono-Letter D on Emerald, and my type link in Platinum, I'm also have 5 badges for the gift challenge on Y.
    Next Up: Culinary challenge on Black 2 + finish Gift Challenge on Y.

Team Pics:
    Emerald:
    Spoiler:

Platinum (Shown in order of capture):
    Spoiler:

EDIT: Nobody has posted after me yet, so I'll edit this in.

I finished both the Culinary Challenge in Black 2 and the Gift Challenge in Y.
    I played Black 2 on a cart so no pics.

Black 2 Team(In order of Boil/Spice/Appliance/Cook/Taste/Ingredient):
    Spoiler:

Y Team:
    Spoiler:

Bingo Card:
    View attachment 73005

Last edited:
    Years
  • Completed challenges: Champion Challenge on Platinum and Mono Grass on Crystal. Teams:

Champion Challenge:
    Spoiler:

Mono Grass:
    Spoiler:

Next up: Character challenge on Black. I'm doing Monta. So far I have 4 badges.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Bro, if you could give me a 6x6, I'd be delighted. This idea is pretty damn cool.

It seems Orrefan hasn't been online for a good 2 weeks now, and I'm a little bit of the impatient sort, so I'm going to nick Cymry's card. He only has one post after all, and hasn't appeared to have logged in since making that one post.

So here we go, I'll be using this card:

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back