• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Rival is now actually a Rival

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    In the older games, my rival seemed like a guy who would just be somewhere and we would battle and laugh about it after like we were friends. He just seemed like a friend. But the rival in HG/SS is a real *******, for lack of a better word. He doesnt care about his pokemon and just wants them to be the strongest. Doesn't take care of them. He actually stole one of the starters.

What do you guys think?

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • Um don't know where you were during the originals, but hes the exact same as before.
    And if you get the event Celebi, you will be able to see the backstory on him.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Silver is the most awesome thing Nintendo could do ...

The whole pesrson of him fascinates me :o . Just seeing him : "Hmph . I want them stronger/better/more powerful . They are just d**n useless cr*p" .

That's one of a kind rival . Wally is like the remains of the toilet paper and Barry is a heater ... anything interesting ? PS : Silver is like a Ferrari ! :3 I honestly dunno why ...

Dimenticato

Bounty Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    I think it's good that we have a darker, more evil rival. It gives the main character a sense of good.

Yoruichi

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2010
    Um don't know where you were during the originals, but hes the exact same as before.
    And if you get the event Celebi, you will be able to see the backstory on him.

Yeah, he is the exact same as before. I never saw that backstory.. hmm sounds interesting

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    I think it's good that we have a darker, more evil rival. It gives the main character a sense of good.
    That would be true...... if we were looking 10 years in the past. Did everyone forget that HGSS are remakes, and Silver (the rival) was in the original? But to me Silver was a push over, I always had a Typhosion or a Arcanine, a Ampharos, and a pokemon who knew Bite (Arcanine usually if I didn't start on Silver) so I always swept him easily.

Years
  • In the older games, my rival seemed like a guy who would just be somewhere and we would battle and laugh about it after like we were friends. He just seemed like a friend. But the rival in HG/SS is a real *******, for lack of a better word. He doesnt care about his pokemon and just wants them to be the strongest. Doesn't take care of them. He actually stole one of the starters.

What do you guys think?
    I'm guessing you never played G/S?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Silver's a real badass, seriously. Nintendo needs to take more ideas from his example. Even Gary's a wimp - he's just arrogant. Nothing really "evil" about him.

Although rival's don't necessarily have to be evil, it does give them more of a charm since it's a contrast.

RelentlessRamenRaider

Chansey Lucky Egg Hunter
    Years
  • Yeah, when I first talked to silver, it was a refreshing burst of nostalgia. I was like "Whoa! I forgot how much of an a**hole he was!"

He even still talks trash while he gets his a** whupped. Now, that's something! lol!

Back