• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rival Name Game

Years
    You got a good name for a Pokemon Game Rival. Then Tell Us! And we'll rate it! List the name of the game they're in and their name. Plus a rating for the name above you, out of 10 Simple huh?
    In Pokemon Gold, WAY before Destiny Deoxys came out, I called my rival Torry.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
    Could of been better. I liked the idea you were going for though! 7/10

On diamond I named my rival Garbage

10000000000/10

Mean but PRICELESS

Well, in all the games (and hacks) I play, I call myself Min if it's playable as a girl, and the rival is Shun (unless you can't name him!) If you can't play as a girl, I name myself Shun, and name the rival usually either Kai or Hikaru... A long time ago (like 8 years ago) I used all the default names. ^^

So basically:

RBY,GS - my name: Shun, Rival name: Kai/Hikaru
    C,FRLG,DP - my name: Min, Rival name: Shun
    RSE - my name: Min, Rival name: defaulted to BRENDAN.

So it's Kai, Hikaru and Shun. :D

Years
    ... lol
    8/10
    In Pearl...
    'kay, my name was...Danica
    I'm an idiot, so I accidently named my rival, Diamond....it was supposed to be after the Pokemon Special Characters...xD

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 3, 2009
    9/10 - I like it because I would have assumed it was ironic (aww, you shouldn't have admitted your mistake! You would have fooled me ;D)

I Diamond I was Neety and the rival is Dante - Firstly it's a cool name, after Alighieri and all that, and secondly it's my boyfriend's nickname. And he charges around the place too so I thought they were similar.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    9/10

Lucifer, Douche, Satan, Daemon, NUBCAEK, Chocobo, Panties...
    Need I go on? xD;

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
    :D 7/10

My rival is either Luke, Sunny(Crystal) or Sam, unless I feel like going after game names then they are Blue and Green and etc...

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I like the color names sorta and Sunny, Luke and Sam are people I know 8/10.

I named me (on pearl) Simba and my rival Scar

Years
    butt - A little bit offensive to the rival but hilarious! 9.5/10
    Kade - sounds cool 8/10

In FireRed...
    My name was Leaf, the Rival's name was Green.
    See the originality? xD

Back